Author Topic: Ask a Simple Question, Get a simple answer  (Read 344204 times)

Sunic_Flames

• Organ Grinder
  • The Crusader of Logic.
Re: Ask a Simple Question, Get a simple answer
« Reply #1200 on: December 09, 2008, 01:47:03 PM »
Q447: Someone attacks a creature under the effects of the spell Ghostform with a Vorpal weapon. It goes Snickerity Snack. What happens to the caster?
Smiting Imbeciles since 1985.

If you hear this music, run.

And don't forget:

There is no greater contribution than Hi Welcome.

Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.

IP proofing and avoiding being CAPed OR - how to make characters relevant in the long term.

Friends don't let friends be Short Bus Hobos.

[spoiler]
Sunic may be more abrasive than sandpaper coated in chainsaws (not that its a bad thing, he really does know what he's talking about), but just posting in this thread without warning and telling him he's an asshole which, if you knew his past experiences on WotC and Paizo is flat-out uncalled for. Never mind the insults (which are clearly 4Chan-level childish). You say people like Sunic are the bane of the internet? Try looking at your own post and telling me you are better than him.

Here's a fun fact: You aren't. By a few leagues.
[/spoiler]

Bell

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • The Goddamn Batman
« Reply #1201 on: December 09, 2008, 07:08:37 PM »
Q448:Is there a feat that stacks swashbuckler and rogue levels for sneak attack dice?

Never mind, I found it.  Daring Outlaw
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 07:11:39 PM by Bell »

Callix

• Donkey Kong
  • Not cool enough for a custom title.
« Reply #1202 on: December 09, 2008, 08:33:23 PM »
Q447: Someone attacks a creature under the effects of the spell Ghostform with a Vorpal weapon. It goes Snickerity Snack. What happens to the caster?
A447: Well, firstly it goes snicker-snack. Get your references right. :P
Then, assuming it is ghost touch or hits in spite of the 50% miss chance for magical weapons, the creature's head is removed. If they have a mundane anatomy, they die, and their corpse would materialise when the spell expired.
I know gameology-fu.

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #1203 on: December 10, 2008, 09:59:39 AM »
Q 449) How do you figure the feat progression of the Feat Rogue variant from Unearthed Arcana?  Does he get the feat progression of the fighter or does he replace each d6 of Sneak Attack damage with a bonus feat?  Likewise, how do you figure the Sneak Attack Dice of the Sneak Attack Fighter?
My balancing 3.5 compendium
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
Quote from: Cafiend
It is a shame stupidity isn't painful.
Quote from: StormKnight
Totally true.  Historians believe that most past civilizations would have endured for centuries longer if they had successfully determined Batman's alignment.
Quote from: Grand Theft Otto
Why are so many posts on the board the equivalent of " Dear Dr. Crotch, I keep punching myself in the crotch, and my groin hurts... what should I do? How can I make my groin stop hurting?"
Quote from: CryoSilver
I suggest carving "Don't be a dick" into him with a knife.  A dull, rusty knife.  A dull, rusty, bent, flaming knife.
Quote from: Seerow
Fluffy: It's over Steve! I've got the high ground!
Steve: You underestimate my power!
Fluffy: Don't try it, Steve!
Steve: *charges*
Fluffy: *three critical strikes*
Steve: ****
Quote from: claypigeons
I don't even stat out commoners. Commoner = corpse that just isn't a zombie. Yet.
Quote from: CryoSilver
When I think "Old Testament Boots of Peace" I think of a paladin curb-stomping an orc and screaming "Your death brings peace to this land!"
Quote from: Orville_Oaksong
Buy a small country. Or Pelor. Both are good investments.
[/spoiler]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #1204 on: December 10, 2008, 10:27:28 AM »
A 499

The SRD entry for both says "as fighter" and "as rogue," respectively. I take that to mean that the rogue gets the fighter's feat progression (at first and every even level thereafter), and the fighter gets the rogue's SA progression (+1d6 at every odd level).
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Sunic_Flames

• Organ Grinder
  • The Crusader of Logic.
« Reply #1205 on: December 10, 2008, 10:42:47 AM »
A447: Well, firstly it goes snicker-snack. Get your references right. :P
Then, assuming it is ghost touch or hits in spite of the 50% miss chance for magical weapons, the creature's head is removed. If they have a mundane anatomy, they die, and their corpse would materialise when the spell expired.

Well, Vorpal sucks so I don't bother studying it. I'm only doing it now because there's a small chance that will come up. Human caster of Ghostform dies anyways. Got it.

And don't forget:

Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.

IP proofing and avoiding being CAPed OR - how to make characters relevant in the long term.

[spoiler]
Sunic may be more abrasive than sandpaper coated in chainsaws (not that its a bad thing, he really does know what he's talking about), but just posting in this thread without warning and telling him he's an asshole which, if you knew his past experiences on WotC and Paizo is flat-out uncalled for. Never mind the insults (which are clearly 4Chan-level childish). You say people like Sunic are the bane of the internet? Try looking at your own post and telling me you are better than him.

[/spoiler]

Sunic_Flames

• Organ Grinder
  • The Crusader of Logic.
« Reply #1206 on: December 10, 2008, 04:55:30 PM »
Q450: Does it say anywhere what length of time is required to perform a legacy ritual as per the Weapons of Legacy?

And don't forget:

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Risada

• Grape ape
  • Wearing this outfit in the name of SCIENCE!
    • Email
« Reply #1207 on: December 10, 2008, 07:12:34 PM »
Q451 Can I use the abilities of Awesome Smite if I smite something that's not evil?

ksbsnowowl

• Grape ape
  • Wishing I was a raging Norseman
« Reply #1208 on: December 10, 2008, 07:49:18 PM »
Q 452: Does a cleric converting a spell into a cure spell do so as a free action (meaning it takes no longer than casting a cure spell normally would)?  Or does it require an additional amount of time (such as a full-round action, like a sorcerer applying metamagic)?  Did this change between 3.0 and 3.5?

Q 453: Am I so crazy and off my rocker that I've been walking around for 8 years mistakenly thinking that converting to a cure spell changed the combined conversion/casting time into a full-round action?
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

KSB Snow Owl's Archer Build thread

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #1209 on: December 10, 2008, 09:23:44 PM »
Q 452: Does a cleric converting a spell into a cure spell do so as a free action (meaning it takes no longer than casting a cure spell normally would)?  Or does it require an additional amount of time (such as a full-round action, like a sorcerer applying metamagic)?  Did this change between 3.0 and 3.5?

Q 453: Am I so crazy and off my rocker that I've been walking around for 8 years mistakenly thinking that converting to a cure spell changed the combined conversion/casting time into a full-round action?

A 452: Not even a free action.  It's like a sorcerer selecting which spell to cast - it isn't an action.  "The divine energy of the spell that the cure or inflict spell substitutes for is converted into the cure or inflict spell as if that spell had been prepared all along. "

A 453 : Probably.  Not familiar with 3.0 myself.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #1210 on: December 10, 2008, 10:11:43 PM »

Yes. You are.
Gendou Ikari is basically Gregory House in Kaminashades. This is FACT.

For proof, look here:

http://www.layoutjelly.com/image_27/gendo_ikari/

[SPOILER]
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Katana of Enlightenment.
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

I HAVE BROKEN THE 69 INTERNETS BARRIER!

ksbsnowowl

• Grape ape
« Reply #1211 on: December 10, 2008, 10:53:39 PM »

Yes. You are.

Go figure; I never played a cleric prior to the PbP game I just joined.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #1212 on: December 10, 2008, 11:12:10 PM »
Go figure; I never played a cleric prior to the PbP game I just joined.

I've still got some classes under my belt whose mechanics I enjoy in theory, but I never got around to play, either.  :)

For proof, look here:

[SPOILER]
Final Fantasy 7
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

katans

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
  • All hail the Cheese!
« Reply #1213 on: December 11, 2008, 04:55:51 AM »
Q450: Does it say anywhere what length of time is required to perform a legacy ritual as per the Weapons of Legacy?

A450: I believe it depends on the weapon and is stated in the ritual's description.

Sunic_Flames

• Organ Grinder
  • The Crusader of Logic.
« Reply #1214 on: December 11, 2008, 10:27:06 AM »

A450: I believe it depends on the weapon and is stated in the ritual's description.

It does? Because I see times for performing tasks prior to the ritual but no time for the ritual itself.

And don't forget:

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

ksbsnowowl

• Grape ape
« Reply #1215 on: December 11, 2008, 10:37:41 AM »
Q 454: What happens if a Favored Soul or a Spirit Shaman takes a level of Holt Warden (Comp Champ)?  Do they gain domain slots that can cast only the plant domain spells? Can they spontaneously "convert" any spell slot to a plant domain spell (effectively just giving them extra "spells known")?

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #1216 on: December 11, 2008, 11:00:19 AM »
A454: Hard to say, the wording on that ability is confusing. Theoretically, you probably just add those spells to your spells known.

For proof, look here:

[SPOILER]
Final Fantasy 7
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

bigdaddy843

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #1217 on: December 11, 2008, 11:04:26 AM »
Q 455

As a neutral conjurer, if i summon multiple evil creatures using multiple summon monster spells, will i have complete control of them? will they in any way attempt to turn on me? will they attack me?

Thank You.

bigdaddy843

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #1218 on: December 11, 2008, 11:16:14 AM »
Q 456

How does one nullify/defeat an anti-magic field as a caster within the field?

Rebel7284

• Grape ape
« Reply #1219 on: December 11, 2008, 11:41:01 AM »
Q 456

How does one nullify/defeat an anti-magic field as a caster within the field?

Take Initiate of Myestra(sp?) feat
Negative level on a chicken would make it a wight the next day.  Chicken the other wight meat. -borg286