Author Topic: Ask a Simple Question, Get a simple answer  (Read 343355 times)

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
Re: Ask a Simple Question, Get a simple answer
« Reply #100 on: May 29, 2008, 06:41:11 AM »
Q37: Can you apply the same template to a creature multiple times? For instance, can you apply Mineral Warrior and Incarnate Construct repeatedly (turning the base creature into a construct and back into a humanoid over and over again)?
Mineral Warrior doesn't make you a construct.  With it you retain your type (and gain the Earth subtype).

I could have sworn it did, but, reading it, I see it does not. That makes me wonder what the heck template I was thinking of...
Effigy?
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Irthos Levethix

• Donkey Kong
  • We're all a little mad here
    • Email
« Reply #101 on: May 30, 2008, 02:36:05 AM »
Q38:   So, I was looking through my Spell Comp, and on the 5th level Sorc/Wiz list, there's a spell called Draconic Polymorph.  Maybe I'm blind, but I cannot find it in the descriptions, at all.  Anyone know what page its on?  Is it a misprint?  Am I high?
Run, my pretty little chunks of XP!! - Belkar Bitterleaf

92% Tactician 83% Method Actor 75% Min/Maxer         Thats 250% of Gamer, bitches!

Rebel7284

• Grape ape
« Reply #102 on: May 30, 2008, 03:41:35 AM »
Q38:   So, I was looking through my Spell Comp, and on the 5th level Sorc/Wiz list, there's a spell called Draconic Polymorph.  Maybe I'm blind, but I cannot find it in the descriptions, at all.  Anyone know what page its on?  Is it a misprint?  Am I high?

A38 spell compendium has several spells in the tables that don't have descriptions.  They are mostly in other books and people assume they were just cut at the last moment.  I know there is a 9th level spell Draconic Polymorph in the polymorph subschool though.
Negative level on a chicken would make it a wight the next day.  Chicken the other wight meat. -borg286

Irthos Levethix

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #103 on: May 30, 2008, 03:48:44 AM »
A38 spell compendium has several spells in the tables that don't have descriptions.  They are mostly in other books and people assume they were just cut at the last moment.  I know there is a 9th level spell Draconic Polymorph in the polymorph subschool though.

Q38b  So then where is it?  And why is it 9th lvl instead of 5th?

92% Tactician 83% Method Actor 75% Min/Maxer         Thats 250% of Gamer, bitches!

Nox_Noctis

• Hong Kong
  • A Simple Exchange
    • Email
« Reply #104 on: May 30, 2008, 04:06:20 AM »
A38: Google searches are win. http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?t=350478 :) Hopefully that helps.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2008, 08:07:03 PM by Nox_Noctis »
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Irthos Levethix

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #105 on: May 30, 2008, 09:20:21 AM »
Thank ya much, Nox.  Never been to rpg.net before, I'm gonna poke around the site a bit. 

EjoThims

• Grape ape
  • The Ferret
    • Email
« Reply #106 on: May 30, 2008, 09:29:09 AM »
Q39: Is there anywhere to find a compiled list of deities by the domains they grant? I'm specifically looking for ones that grant Charm, but they're so scattered, and I didn't think I saw such a list over at crystalkeep.

Rebel7284

• Grape ape
« Reply #107 on: May 30, 2008, 10:14:33 AM »
Q39: Is there anywhere to find a compiled list of deities by the domains they grant? I'm specifically looking for ones that grant Charm, but they're so scattered, and I didn't think I saw such a list over at crystalkeep.

Look again?  It's there http://www.crystalkeep.com/d20/rules/DnD3.5Index-Deities.pdf
Negative level on a chicken would make it a wight the next day.  Chicken the other wight meat. -borg286

EjoThims

• Grape ape
  • The Ferret
    • Email
« Reply #108 on: May 30, 2008, 10:20:09 AM »
list of deities by the domains they grant?

I can sort through the whole list, but I wanted to know if anyone had or knew of one that already had one sorted by domain.

Reading comprehension ftw.  :D

Rebel7284

• Grape ape
« Reply #109 on: May 30, 2008, 11:21:25 AM »
list of deities by the domains they grant?

I can sort through the whole list, but I wanted to know if anyone had or knew of one that already had one sorted by domain.

Reading comprehension ftw.  :D

Ctrl-F is your friend if you just need a few specific domains.

altpersona

• Organ Grinder
  • BG forum Emperor Ad Litem
    • Altpersona.net
« Reply #110 on: May 30, 2008, 11:41:16 PM »
Q40 the Halloween contest, with the orphanage full of possessed children..  i cant find the thread, anyone have a link?  please, my fu is -1..
The goal of power is power. - idk
We are not descended from fearful men. - Murrow

The Final Countdown is now stuck in your head.

Anim-manga sux.

AfterCrescent

• Honorary Moderator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #111 on: May 30, 2008, 11:51:02 PM »
A40. Is this what you were looking for? Also, a house full of possessed children is part of an adventure in Heroes of Horror. Was that it?
The cake is a lie.
Need to play table top? Get your game on at:
Brilliant Gameologists' PbP Forum. Do it, you know you want to.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook
The 13th Guard - An alternate history campaign idea.
Clerics just wake up one morning and decide they need to kick ass, and it needs to be kicked NOW. ~veekie

altpersona

• Organ Grinder
  • BG forum Emperor Ad Litem
    • Altpersona.net
« Reply #112 on: May 31, 2008, 12:43:21 AM »
i dont think thats it, i dont see the build in that thread.

i dont think its from heroes of horror, but it sounds like it.

if i recall it was build the scariest bbeg
The goal of power is power. - idk
We are not descended from fearful men. - Murrow

The Final Countdown is now stuck in your head.

Anim-manga sux.

Rebel7284

• Grape ape
« Reply #113 on: May 31, 2008, 01:10:39 AM »
Q41: How does Gameology-fu work?

AfterCrescent

• Honorary Moderator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #114 on: May 31, 2008, 01:34:26 AM »
A41. When you have enough posts you can vote up/down gameology-fu (once per day, I think). The idea is to vote up people who exert excellent gameology and vote down people who exert complete idiocy.... Not sure how effectively it's working. There's a thread on it here.
The cake is a lie.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook
Clerics just wake up one morning and decide they need to kick ass, and it needs to be kicked NOW. ~veekie

EjoThims

• Grape ape
  • The Ferret
    • Email
« Reply #115 on: May 31, 2008, 01:35:41 AM »
A41. When you have enough posts you can vote up/down gameology-fu (once per day, I think). The idea is to vote up people who exert excellent gameology and vote down people who exert complete idiocy.... Not sure how effectively it's working. There's a thread on it here.

Guess I'm lucky to be still at 0 then. lol

Maximiano

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • Good, good.
« Reply #116 on: May 31, 2008, 09:22:47 PM »
Q42

What the greater pros and cons to expect from a Shugenja, if i'm looking to play one? :)
Good gaming for you.

Cyrocloud

• Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #117 on: June 01, 2008, 12:39:08 AM »
Q43  Does takeing Melee weap mastery allow one to switch weapon in style feats like lightning maces or three mountains to that of the same damage type (ie. useing a light mace and Heavy mace to recieve the benefits of both feats)?

AfterCrescent

• Honorary Moderator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #118 on: June 01, 2008, 12:44:56 AM »
A42.
Pros - Full casting. Divine Casting. Lots of spell/day
Cons - 2 bad saves, terrible BAB, new spell level at even levels like a sorcerer, limited spells known. no domains.

There's very little a Shugenja gets that makes it worthwhile, imo.
The cake is a lie.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook

Smudgy

• Curious George
« Reply #119 on: June 01, 2008, 12:49:11 AM »
A43 RAW, it only allows you to get +2 to hit and to damage with any weapon of the three damage categories. Nowhere in its wording does it say you can switch the weapons that are required for those feats, but it could be house ruled easily enough, as it does sort of make sense in my mind. But to do it without houseruling, you'd have to go into the Aptitude enhancement which is discussed in this thread here.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2008, 12:51:11 AM by Smudgyhandsman »