Author Topic: Ask a Simple Question part 19: Titan-Bloodline Pixie Ubercharger edition  (Read 138514 times)

Epimetheus

• Bi-Curious George
Re: Ask a Simple Question part 19: Titan-Bloodline Pixie Ubercharger edition
« Reply #80 on: October 29, 2010, 08:05:53 PM »
NOT ALL OF US CAN HAVE QUESTION 20! :D

X-Codes

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #81 on: October 29, 2010, 08:16:10 PM »
NOT ALL OF US CAN HAVE QUESTION 20! :D
This thread is stalked by ninjas all the time.

RelentlessImp

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #82 on: October 29, 2010, 08:32:31 PM »
Q20
I'm looking for ways to improve my Spellcraft check to abuse Incantatrix and persist as many spells as possible. How do I get my Spellcraft check high enough? (For a level 10 Kobold Loredrake White Dragonspawn Sorcerer).

A20 If you want to be cheap, you can buy custom magic items with Insight, Profane, Blessed, Dodge, Competence, Enhancement, et al. bonuses to skills. Of course, these are bullshit bonus types. They still exist in 3.5, unless you specifically houserule them away.

Otherwise, Polymorph into a Dusk Giant, eat lots of chickens for HD, put new skill points into ranks, end polymorph and lose the accrued HD. Can get some pretty awesome ranks.

Of course my answers are all crazy shit no sane DM would ever really let you get away with.
Solo on Essentials
I prepared irresistible phantasmal killer today... as a 4th level spell.
"He hit me with a flaming garbage can...and then the god damn hobo next to it!"

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #83 on: October 29, 2010, 09:27:48 PM »
Q20
I'm looking for ways to improve my Spellcraft check to abuse Incantatrix and persist as many spells as possible. How do I get my Spellcraft check high enough? (For a level 10 Kobold Loredrake White Dragonspawn Sorcerer).

Very related Q21:
Is there a good way to get Guidance of the Avatar for a Sorcerer?
a) Item familiar
b) I think unseen seer gets you it.

Q 22 Where does it say Psicrystals get feats? Does this mean familiars get feats too? Animal companions get them because of their HD changes, I think, but where does it mention that Psicrystals get feats?

1) Psicrystals are nonmindless creatures
2) Psicrystals gain HD
3) Nonmindless creatures get feats every 3 hd
4) There's no specific rule saying psicrystals don't get feats
5) Therefore, psicrystals gain feats every 3 hd.

Familiars don't gain hd.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #84 on: October 29, 2010, 09:36:42 PM »
You could also just make up a template called "Goro-chan" that increases the creatures size by 1 (with all the appropriate modifiers, including ability scores) and gives it two more arms and the multiweapon and multiattack fighting feats for free. It would probably be worth like a +2 CR.
Link?
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

When God gives you lemons... it's time to find a new God.

Like D&D Freakouts? Check out this 4th Ed one.

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #85 on: October 29, 2010, 09:43:34 PM »
You could also just make up a template called "Goro-chan" that increases the creatures size by 1 (with all the appropriate modifiers, including ability scores) and gives it two more arms and the multiweapon and multiattack fighting feats for free. It would probably be worth like a +2 CR.
Link?

There is no link.
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

RelentlessImp

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #86 on: October 29, 2010, 09:52:49 PM »
Link?

There is no link.

And the confection composed of sugar, milk and eggs, heated in a device designed to contain and focus heat upon a central point, is a fabrication.
Solo on Essentials
I prepared irresistible phantasmal killer today... as a 4th level spell.
"He hit me with a flaming garbage can...and then the god damn hobo next to it!"

TC X0 Lt 0X

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
« Reply #87 on: October 29, 2010, 10:01:30 PM »
Q15
Besides the Eberron Campaign Setting Supplement, what other sources state what I can do with Action Points?

About every single Eberron Sourcebook has at least one more thing you can do, class features and feats and etc. Magic of Eberron and Dragonmarked IIRC having the most.

I wish to narrow it down to things a character can do which are not granted by feats, items, or class features.
"Never beg, you earn, by winning,
or else you won't get anything..."

telehax

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #88 on: October 29, 2010, 11:21:26 PM »
Q15
Besides the Eberron Campaign Setting Supplement, what other sources state what I can do with Action Points?

About every single Eberron Sourcebook has at least one more thing you can do, class features and feats and etc. Magic of Eberron and Dragonmarked IIRC having the most.

I wish to narrow it down to things a character can do which are not granted by feats, items, or class features.

Not much, really. I don't recall seeing a single one.

McPoyo

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #89 on: October 30, 2010, 12:21:32 AM »
Q15

Look at the action point options in the UA, then. There's a ton that have no bearing on your feats, items, or class features.
[Spoiler]
A gygaxian dungeon is like the world's most messed up game show.

Behind door number one: INSTANT DEATH!
Behind door number 2: A magic crown!
Behind door number 3: 4d6 giant bees, and THREE HUNDRED POUNDS OF HONEY!
They don't/haven't, was the point. 3.5 is as dead as people not liking nice tits.

Sometimes, their tits (3.5) get enhancements (houserules), but that doesn't mean people don't like nice tits.

Though sometimes, the surgeon (DM) botches them pretty bad...
Best metaphor I have seen in a long time.  I give you much fu.
Three Errata for the Mage-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Barbarian-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Monks doomed to die,
One for the Wizard on his dark throne
In the Land of Charop where the Shadows lie.
[/spoiler]

the_shadowmind

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
« Reply #90 on: October 30, 2010, 12:22:55 AM »
Q25: Can Sharns apply metamagic to its spells, that are casts as SLA's?
« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 12:48:27 AM by the_shadowmind »

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #91 on: October 30, 2010, 12:40:52 AM »
Q25: Can Sharn apply metamagic to it's spells, that are casts as SLA's?
AFAICT, yes. 
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

behaigo

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
    • Email
« Reply #92 on: October 30, 2010, 10:02:16 AM »
Q26:  What is the best way to (A) increase the save DCs of my powers or (B) use psionics to lower the targets saves or (C) anything else a psion could do to increase the chances of the enemy failing saves?

A few notes
[spoiler]I've already explored increasing my primary manifesting ability score and bend reality.  I'm 14th level, but have about 250k gp to spend.  Due to various reasons I need to get my save DCs above 30 (or the equivalent in penalties to the enemies saves) if possible.[/spoiler]
My Unitarian Jihad Name is Brother Gatling Gun of Reasoned Discussion.  What's yours?

This is the best name generator ever!

McPoyo

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #93 on: October 30, 2010, 10:05:17 AM »
Q26:  What is the best way to (A) increase the save DCs of my powers or (B) use psionics to lower the targets saves or (C) anything else a psion could do to increase the chances of the enemy failing saves?

A few notes
[spoiler]I've already explored increasing my primary manifesting ability score and bend reality.  I'm 14th level, but have about 250k gp to spend.  Due to various reasons I need to get my save DCs above 30 (or the equivalent in penalties to the enemies saves) if possible.[/spoiler]
What is your save DC already, what items do you have that modify stats and save DCs, and what feats do you have that modify DCs. What powers, specifically, are you looking to boost that high?
[Spoiler]

They don't/haven't, was the point. 3.5 is as dead as people not liking nice tits.

Sometimes, their tits (3.5) get enhancements (houserules), but that doesn't mean people don't like nice tits.

[/spoiler]

behaigo

• Email
« Reply #94 on: October 30, 2010, 10:23:32 AM »

A few notes
What is your save DC already, what items do you have that modify stats and save DCs, and what feats do you have that modify DCs. What powers, specifically, are you looking to boost that high?
Quick rundown, temporarily my Int is 18 and I have no items (I'm a helmet until I get my body back), but within the next session or 2 my Int will be 32 (18 base + 3 from crystal master prc +6 enhancement + 5 inherent) with no feats or equipment that modify save DCs.  Feats are kinda full, but I might be able to find room if I need to.  I mostly want to raise my DCs for save or be screwed/die powers such as psionic blast and crystallize.
My Unitarian Jihad Name is Brother Gatling Gun of Reasoned Discussion.  What's yours?

McPoyo

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #95 on: October 30, 2010, 10:31:16 AM »

A few notes
Quick rundown, temporarily my Int is 18 and I have no items (I'm a helmet until I get my body back), but within the next session or 2 my Int will be 32 (18 base + 3 from crystal master prc +6 enhancement + 5 inherent) with no feats or equipment that modify save DCs.  Feats are kinda full, but I might be able to find room if I need to.  I mostly want to raise my DCs for save or be screwed/die powers such as psionic blast and crystallize.
Well, with that Int alone you are looking at a DC 27 for Crystallize. Short of taking the Psionic Endowment line of feats for bonuses to your powers, I cannot recall any psionic specific items to boost saves DCs.
[Spoiler]

[/spoiler]

behaigo

• Email
« Reply #96 on: October 30, 2010, 10:34:55 AM »
Q26:  What is the best way to (A) increase the save DCs of my powers or (B) use psionics to lower the targets saves or (C) anything else a psion could do to increase the chances of the enemy failing saves?

A few notes
[spoiler]I've already explored increasing my primary manifesting ability score and bend reality.  I'm 14th level, but have about 250k gp to spend.  Due to various reasons I need to get my save DCs above 30 (or the equivalent in penalties to the enemies saves) if possible.[/spoiler]
Quick rundown, temporarily my Int is 18 and I have no items (I'm a helmet until I get my body back), but within the next session or 2 my Int will be 32 (18 base + 3 from crystal master prc +6 enhancement + 5 inherent) with no feats or equipment that modify save DCs.  Feats are kinda full, but I might be able to find room if I need to.  I mostly want to raise my DCs for save or be screwed/die powers such as psionic blast and crystallize.
Well, with that Int alone you are looking at a DC 27 for Crystallize. Short of taking the Psionic Endowment line of feats for bonuses to your powers, I cannot recall any psionic specific items to boost saves DCs.
The DM has allowed re-tooling magic items to fit psionics, such as my orange ioun stone giving me +1 ML.

Edit:  One more note, I'm shooting for 30, but the enemy that killed my last character made 3 DC 30 saves (spiralburst bottles) in a row, so I'd like to get it even higher if possible.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 10:38:02 AM by behaigo »

McPoyo

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #97 on: October 30, 2010, 10:37:43 AM »

A few notes
The DM has allowed re-tooling magic items to fit psionics, such as my orange ioun stone giving me +1 ML.
The problem with that, is that you'd have to have a different item for each discipline, since there's already direct correlations between schools and disciplines for correlation. There's the veil from the MiC magic item set with the seven veils that boosts enchantment DCs by 1, but I cannot think for the life of me what the other DC boosting items are right now. Running on entirely too little sleep. If I think of any later on, I'll add them in.
[Spoiler]

[/spoiler]

behaigo

• Email
« Reply #98 on: October 30, 2010, 10:39:49 AM »

A few notes
The problem with that, is that you'd have to have a different item for each discipline, since there's already direct correlations between schools and disciplines for correlation. There's the veil from the MiC magic item set with the seven veils that boosts enchantment DCs by 1, but I cannot think for the life of me what the other DC boosting items are right now. Running on entirely too little sleep. If I think of any later on, I'll add them in.
That would be awesome.  Thanks a bunch  :)

telehax

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #99 on: October 30, 2010, 12:53:35 PM »
Q28

Is there a list anywhere of spells that are a lower level than normal on a certain spell list compared to its normal level? Like lesser restoration on the paladin list.