Author Topic: Ask a Simple Question part 19: Titan-Bloodline Pixie Ubercharger edition  (Read 138081 times)

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
Re: Ask a Simple Question part 19: Titan-Bloodline Pixie Ubercharger edition
« Reply #980 on: November 20, 2010, 08:55:12 AM »
Q 303 What deity is it that's actually a group of deities? I think it's Forgotten Realms.
It is the Sovereign Host, and it is a FR deity.

Sovereign Host is an Eberron deity, not FR. But it is a group of deities.
Technically, the Sovereign Host is just another pantheon that's often worshipped as a whole. If you're looking for a group of deities that are always worshipped as a single entity, then it's not the Sovereign Host.
Who would that be?

Q 308 Is there any way for a basic human character to get natural fast healing of any kind, pre epic?
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

When God gives you lemons... it's time to find a new God.

Like D&D Freakouts? Check out this 4th Ed one.

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #981 on: November 20, 2010, 08:59:39 AM »
Q 303 What deity is it that's actually a group of deities? I think it's Forgotten Realms.
It is the Sovereign Host, and it is a FR deity.

Sovereign Host is an Eberron deity, not FR. But it is a group of deities.
Technically, the Sovereign Host is just another pantheon that's often worshipped as a whole. If you're looking for a group of deities that are always worshipped as a single entity, then it's not the Sovereign Host.
Who would that be?
Don't know, unfortunately. I'm less than well versed in FR. The only thing that comes to mind is the Triad, which is indeed three entities that are treated as one, but that's a vestige and not a deity.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

bearofsmiting

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #982 on: November 20, 2010, 09:19:00 AM »
Q309: Is energy resistance calculated every attack or every round? e.g. If I have acid resistance 30 and take 20 acid damage from one opponent one round and another 20 from a different opponent the next round do I take no damage or 10 damage? It'd be nice to reference a source here too.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride!

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #983 on: November 20, 2010, 09:21:31 AM »
Q309: Is energy resistance calculated every attack or every round? e.g. If I have acid resistance 30 and take 20 acid damage from one opponent one round and another 20 from a different opponent the next round do I take no damage or 10 damage? It'd be nice to reference a source here too.
It's as it says. You have resistance from each attack. It's the same resistance that creatures get, just with a spell.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

When God gives you lemons... it's time to find a new God.

Like D&D Freakouts? Check out this 4th Ed one.

betrayor

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #984 on: November 20, 2010, 09:24:26 AM »

It is each time it takes damage....
So in your example you would take no damage.....
See the reference in Monster Manual 314....

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #985 on: November 20, 2010, 11:09:42 AM »

Oh, this.

Long story short, it used to be on a per-round basis for the spell, but per attack for the special quality, except when it wasn't.  But since everyone played it as per attack, always, it got updated in the RC so that's how it works.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

Emo_Duck

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
« Reply #986 on: November 20, 2010, 12:47:29 PM »
Q 308 Is there any way for a basic human character to get natural fast healing of any kind, pre epic?

A 308: Two means that spring to mind end up making the character a bit more (or less) than human. Gain the vampire template, or become a necropolitan and take a jaunt to the negative energy plane to somehow get the Evolved Undead template.

Q 310: Are there any sources that list hardness and HP/inch of more exotic materials? Particularly crystal substances like ruby or diamond.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 12:49:58 PM by Emo_Duck »

snakeman830

• Organ Grinder
  • BG's resident furry min/maxxer
« Reply #987 on: November 20, 2010, 12:50:03 PM »

A 309:Two means that spring to mind end up making the character a bit more (or less) than human. Gain the vampire template, or become a necropolitan and take a jaunt to the negative energy plane to somehow get the Evolved Undead template.
Closest I can think of is the Troll-Blooded feat which gives Regeneration 1 (fire and Acid deal lethal damage).  Other than that, I'm drawing a blank (note: Humans are one of two races that can get it at level 1 without flaws).
I am constantly amazed by how many DM's ban Tomb of Battle.  The book doesn't even exist!

Quotes:[spoiler]
By yes, she means no.
That explains so much about my life.
hiicantcomeupwithacharacterthatisntaghostwhyisthatamijustretardedorsomething
Why would you even do this? It hurts my eyes and looks like you ate your keyboard before suffering an attack of explosive diarrhea.
[/spoiler]

If using Genesis to hide your phylactry, set it at -300 degrees farenheit.  See how do-gooders fare with a liquid atmosphere.

Sobolev

• Donkey Kong
« Reply #988 on: November 20, 2010, 01:56:53 PM »
Q311: How do I qualify for a Raptoran only prestige class without being a Raptoran >_>
Sha'ir Handbook
Binder Handbook

Quote from: Negative Zero on November 04, 2009, 02:16:14 AM
In my humble opinion, CO is haberdashery. Some say we're mad, but we can all agree we're hatters. Yes, we have potential to make very sophisticated hats, very fancy hats, be they dark or light. But the truth is that the color of the hat does not come from the group of us - our community doesn't directly produce hats. We simply give average head circumferences, list current fashion trends, and point out some shiny, obscure baubles to add to the latest hat line.

snakeman830

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #989 on: November 20, 2010, 01:57:41 PM »
Q311: How do I qualify for a Raptoran only prestige class without being a Raptoran >_>
Changeling with Racial Emulation.  Emulate a Raptoran and you count as one.
I am constantly amazed by how many DM's ban Tomb of Battle.  The book doesn't even exist!

By yes, she means no.
Why would you even do this? It hurts my eyes and looks like you ate your keyboard before suffering an attack of explosive diarrhea.
[/spoiler]

If using Genesis to hide your phylactry, set it at -300 degrees farenheit.  See how do-gooders fare with a liquid atmosphere.

Sobolev

• Donkey Kong
« Reply #990 on: November 20, 2010, 02:05:39 PM »
Changeling with Racial Emulation.  Emulate a Raptoran and you count as one.

Hm, was hoping for an option that didn't require a different specific race, but this is a decent step.

Edit:
Q312: Can a Sha'ir use the Customize Domain feat to alter what Divine Spells are available to him/her?
Q313: Can a Sha'ir drink a Domain Draught to increase the domains he/she has access to?
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 02:19:50 PM by Sobolev »
Sha'ir Handbook
Binder Handbook

Quote from: Negative Zero on November 04, 2009, 02:16:14 AM
In my humble opinion, CO is haberdashery. Some say we're mad, but we can all agree we're hatters. Yes, we have potential to make very sophisticated hats, very fancy hats, be they dark or light. But the truth is that the color of the hat does not come from the group of us - our community doesn't directly produce hats. We simply give average head circumferences, list current fashion trends, and point out some shiny, obscure baubles to add to the latest hat line.

betrayor

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #991 on: November 20, 2010, 04:50:25 PM »
Q314: What is the dc of the solar's slayer arrow?

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #992 on: November 20, 2010, 04:59:32 PM »
Q314: What is the dc of the solar's slayer arrow?
A 314

Presumably the same as on a regular slaying arrow, which would be DC 20.

Also, here's a new thread, with enough wriggling space in the old one for the inevitable extra posts. :P
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 05:10:18 PM by Agita »
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

bearofsmiting

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #993 on: November 20, 2010, 05:07:03 PM »

If you look at the example raptoran on page 83 of Races of the Wild, you notice that his size and type is listed as "Medium humanoid (raptoran)." This indicates that raptorans have the type "humanoid" and the subtype "raptoran." If you look at Savage Species in the section on Minor Rituals on page 148 you find the Ritual of Association. The only requirement for this ritual is that you can not use it to acquire the subtype of one of the common races of human, dwarf, elf, gnome, or halfling. So, simply use the ritual to gain the raptoran subtype.

The best thing about this ritual is that it doesn't cost a level adjustment. However, it still isn't cheap compared to other purchases; 56,000 gp and 2,240 XP.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride!

ksbsnowowl

• Grape ape
  • Wishing I was a raging Norseman
« Reply #994 on: November 22, 2010, 03:39:14 PM »

What do you mean by "natural" fast healing?  One level of Nature's Warrior can get you fast healing 1 while wildshaped.  You can qualify for that with a single level dip into Abolisher (Lords of Madness).
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

KSB Snow Owl's Archer Build thread

Maat_Mons

• Hong Kong
  • What is a smile but a grimace of happiness?
« Reply #995 on: November 22, 2010, 05:14:10 PM »
A healing blood graft (Lords of Madness 216) is a part of your body and nonmagical after creation.  Of course, it's hard to imagine anyone spending 182,000 gp for fast healing 2. 

snakeman830

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #996 on: November 22, 2010, 06:32:54 PM »
A healing blood graft (Lords of Madness 216) is a part of your body and nonmagical after creation.  Of course, it's hard to imagine anyone spending 182,000 gp for fast healing 2. 
Not so unbelieveable for a Druid.  What else are they going to do with their cash? :p

By yes, she means no.
[/spoiler]

Rebel7284

• Grape ape
« Reply #997 on: November 22, 2010, 07:59:14 PM »
Not so unbelieveable for a Druid.  What else are they going to do with their cash? :p

Equip their Animal Companion obv. :P
Negative level on a chicken would make it a wight the next day.  Chicken the other wight meat. -borg286

awaken DM golem

• Organ Grinder
  • PAO'd my Avatar
« Reply #998 on: November 23, 2010, 09:36:22 PM »
Q 315: Isn't this thread gonna get locked in like 1 answer or 2 or Zero ?

minor far buddhist realms koan

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #999 on: November 23, 2010, 11:05:06 PM »
No, we don't lock these.  People stop necroing after a while.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.