Author Topic: Ask a Simple Question part 19: Titan-Bloodline Pixie Ubercharger edition  (Read 138224 times)

X-Codes

• Organ Grinder
Re: Ask a Simple Question part 19: Titan-Bloodline Pixie Ubercharger edition
« Reply #480 on: November 09, 2010, 04:52:10 AM »
(pretend the quote tunnel is here)

So, since Warforged are neuters, and Dragonborn are sterile, I don't see much of a reason for Bahamut to gear his creations in such a manner.

I think the fluff regarding that Dragonborn still have their gear assumes that they had gear to begin with.

Risada

• Grape ape
  • Wearing this outfit in the name of SCIENCE!
    • Email
« Reply #481 on: November 09, 2010, 05:31:15 AM »
Bump...

Q137 If a duskblade using his Arcane Channling gets a critical, does he get both the crit on the weapon and the spell being channeled?

Runestar

• King Kong
« Reply #482 on: November 09, 2010, 07:54:01 AM »
Bump...

Q137 If a duskblade using his Arcane Channling gets a critical, does he get both the crit on the weapon and the spell being channeled?

Only the weapon would get multiplied damage, the bonus damage from the spell is never multiplied.

Here's the relevant quote from the FAQ (for whatever it is worth).

A clear conscience is the surest sign of a failing memory.

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #483 on: November 09, 2010, 12:07:32 PM »
Bumping again

Q 143 Where can I find information and stats on the 3.5 thonot? All I know is that they're a psionic quaggoth from Forgotten Realms, instead of their magic counterpart, and have psi-powers not unlike the psy warrior and psion/wilder.

Q 144 I came across this http://www.holdfast.org/2nd_DungeonIndex.pdf which is a complete list of 2nd Ed adventure modules for FR in Dungeon Magazine. Does anyone know of such a thing for 3.0/3.5?

Q 153 If you roll a natural 20 while rolling for a spell, do you automatically succeed past SR? Do you ever do critical damage on a ranged or touch attack?
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

When God gives you lemons... it's time to find a new God.

Like D&D Freakouts? Check out this 4th Ed one.

Havok4

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • It can only be attributable to human error.
« Reply #484 on: November 09, 2010, 01:04:08 PM »

Q 153 If you roll a natural 20 while rolling for a spell, do you automatically succeed past SR? Do you ever do critical damage on a ranged or touch attack?

A 153 You do crit damage as touch is considered a 20/x2 weapon, there is nothing about automatically bypassing SR.

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #485 on: November 09, 2010, 01:05:22 PM »
A 153 You do crit damage as touch is considered a 20/x2 weapon, there is nothing about automatically bypassing SR.
Sounds like it'd be treated the same as a skill check then. There's no nat 20's on those either.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

When God gives you lemons... it's time to find a new God.

Like D&D Freakouts? Check out this 4th Ed one.

snakeman830

• Organ Grinder
  • BG's resident furry min/maxxer
« Reply #486 on: November 09, 2010, 01:09:19 PM »
Sounds like it'd be treated the same as a skill check then. There's no nat 20's on those either.
A good rule of thumb is that "Checks" don't auto-succeed or fail on nat 20's/1's.
I am constantly amazed by how many DM's ban Tomb of Battle.  The book doesn't even exist!

Quotes:[spoiler]
By yes, she means no.
That explains so much about my life.
hiicantcomeupwithacharacterthatisntaghostwhyisthatamijustretardedorsomething
Why would you even do this? It hurts my eyes and looks like you ate your keyboard before suffering an attack of explosive diarrhea.
[/spoiler]

If using Genesis to hide your phylactry, set it at -300 degrees farenheit.  See how do-gooders fare with a liquid atmosphere.

bearsarebrown

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #487 on: November 09, 2010, 02:24:33 PM »
Q154 How can I get lots of pp without little to no levels in a manifesting class?

Ithamar

• Hong Kong
  • PM me if you're interested in some Arena action!
« Reply #488 on: November 09, 2010, 02:46:37 PM »
Are you worthy of Ascension?
Always accepting gladiators!  Now with a new and improved rule set!

X-Codes

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #489 on: November 09, 2010, 03:32:11 PM »
A154: There is also the Incarnum loop for infinite PP doled out in small portions: Azure Talent, Psycarnum Infusion, an appropriately sized Cognizance Crystal (actually, preferably multiple appropriately sized Cognizance Crystals), and Bestow Power.

Bauglir

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • TriOptimum
« Reply #490 on: November 09, 2010, 04:56:30 PM »
Q154

Can you cast spells that can only target objects on women by staring at their breasts for long enough?
So you end up stuck in an endless loop, unable to act, forever.

In retrospect, much like Keanu Reeves.

RelentlessImp

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #491 on: November 09, 2010, 04:57:34 PM »
Q154

Can you cast spells that can only target objects on women by staring at their breasts for long enough?
A154 Shrink Item does not work that way. Nor does Enlarge Person.
Solo on Essentials
I prepared irresistible phantasmal killer today... as a 4th level spell.
"He hit me with a flaming garbage can...and then the god damn hobo next to it!"

Bauglir

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • TriOptimum
« Reply #492 on: November 09, 2010, 04:58:36 PM »
Q154

Well, sure, but I was thinking Augment Object or Matter Manipulation. Who DOESN'T want a Hardness score?

RelentlessImp

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #493 on: November 09, 2010, 05:10:29 PM »
Q154

Well, sure, but I was thinking Augment Object or Matter Manipulation. Who DOESN'T want a Hardness score?

The woman who does not want to become futanari?
Solo on Essentials

something random

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
« Reply #494 on: November 09, 2010, 06:32:06 PM »
Q90: What effect if any does wild magic have on psionics?
bump
Am I the only one who's mind was broken when they realized the implication of the existence of the aberration bloodline.

Bauglir

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • TriOptimum
« Reply #495 on: November 09, 2010, 06:34:08 PM »
Q154

Hey, now, this is strictly for optimization purposes. After all, we're objectifying ALL of her. Haunt Shift sounds like an entertaining combination. If we're going to cast on specific body parts, though, Animate Object could be simultaneously hilarious and horrifying.

bump

A90
If Psionics Is Different for some reason, there is no effect; also, in the Forgotten Realms, psionics act independently of the Weave (Player's Guide to Faerun pg 172), so I don't think a wild magic zone would affect them even though they're otherwise transparent. Operating under standard Magic/Psionics Transparency rules, though, I imagine that a psionic power is subject to the same effects as a spell (although there may be some weirdness, such as decreasing the manifester level of the power below the minimum required to spend the power points to use it; I would recommend treating the power exactly as normal for the power points spent, except for those places in the effect where ML is relevant. Complete houserule, that, though).

EDIT: Reverse ninja'd?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 06:46:16 PM by Bauglir »

RelentlessImp

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #496 on: November 09, 2010, 06:34:59 PM »
bump

With transparency in effect, I don't see that it'd have any different effect than it has on magic. Crazy shit happens. Rod of Wonder crazy.

Without transparency? Nothing.

Q154

Hey, now, this is strictly for optimization purposes. After all, we're objectifying ALL of her. Haunt Shift sounds like an entertaining combination. If we're going to cast on specific body parts, though, Animate Object could be simultaneously hilarious and horrifying.

Or the plot of a hentai.
Solo on Essentials

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #497 on: November 09, 2010, 07:04:01 PM »
Q155: It's the Master Spellthief return. My DM and I are currently locked into a little argument about the viability of Sublime Chord + Master Spellthief abuse.

My argument:

The end result is X * Y (where X is your SC caster level and Y is the number of arcane spellcasting classes you have levels on).

His argument:

The end result is X, because Master Spellthief adds your levels in Arcane spellcasting classes together, NOT your CL in each of those.

I'm sure there was something that shot THAT counterargument down, but I cannot for the life of me remember what it was.
Gendou Ikari is basically Gregory House in Kaminashades. This is FACT.

For proof, look here:

http://www.layoutjelly.com/image_27/gendo_ikari/

[SPOILER]
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Katana of Enlightenment.
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

I HAVE BROKEN THE 69 INTERNETS BARRIER!

wotmaniac

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Emperor's Enforcer
« Reply #498 on: November 09, 2010, 07:08:17 PM »
Q155: It's the Master Spellthief return. My DM and I are currently locked into a little argument about the viability of Sublime Chord + Master Spellthief abuse.

My argument:

The end result is X * Y (where X is your SC caster level and Y is the number of arcane spellcasting classes you have levels on).

His argument:

The end result is X, because Master Spellthief adds your levels in Arcane spellcasting classes together, NOT your CL in each of those.

I'm sure there was something that shot THAT counterargument down, but I cannot for the life of me remember what it was.
A 155
Strict RAW -- it does say "levels in arcane casting class" ... not "caster level"  :(

[spoiler]
If you stop ignoring 289 pages telling what the intent is to stretch "more power" in your own god complexion of your interpretation trumps all to cover ability adjustments from aging then I will ignore a quarter page of rules that exist within a sidebar.
I think in this case the grammar is less important than whether the Str and Dex bonus provided to your created undead scales.

Greenbound Summoning RAI
Expanded Gestalt
More Savage Progressions[/spoiler]
Report any wrongs I have done here.

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #499 on: November 09, 2010, 07:10:51 PM »

My argument:

His argument:

A 155
Strict RAW -- it does say "levels in arcane casting class" ... not "caster level"  :(

I was sure there was something to the effect of arcane spellcasting levels and arcane caster levels being interchangeable.
Gendou Ikari is basically Gregory House in Kaminashades. This is FACT.

For proof, look here:

http://www.layoutjelly.com/image_27/gendo_ikari/

[SPOILER]
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Katana of Enlightenment.
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

I HAVE BROKEN THE 69 INTERNETS BARRIER!