Author Topic: Ask a Simple Question part 19: Titan-Bloodline Pixie Ubercharger edition  (Read 138059 times)

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
Re: Ask a Simple Question part 19: Titan-Bloodline Pixie Ubercharger edition
« Reply #920 on: November 19, 2010, 01:01:49 PM »
Q 293 RAW, can you create a wall of stone in a room completely made out of adamantine?
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

When God gives you lemons... it's time to find a new God.

Like D&D Freakouts? Check out this 4th Ed one.

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #921 on: November 19, 2010, 01:09:09 PM »
Q 293 RAW, can you create a wall of stone in a room completely made out of adamantine?
I would say that is iffy. I could see it interpreted as it needing to be cast where there is stone or that if there happens to be stone that it will merge with it. The former making it more like wall of iron that can be tipped over.
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

Sobolev

• Donkey Kong
« Reply #922 on: November 19, 2010, 01:16:47 PM »
Q294: My character has a Janni that follows him around, are Janni as completely useless as they look?
Sha'ir Handbook
Binder Handbook

Quote from: Negative Zero on November 04, 2009, 02:16:14 AM
In my humble opinion, CO is haberdashery. Some say we're mad, but we can all agree we're hatters. Yes, we have potential to make very sophisticated hats, very fancy hats, be they dark or light. But the truth is that the color of the hat does not come from the group of us - our community doesn't directly produce hats. We simply give average head circumferences, list current fashion trends, and point out some shiny, obscure baubles to add to the latest hat line.

McPoyo

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #923 on: November 19, 2010, 01:57:19 PM »
Q 289:

Maybe something like a Chaos Beast's http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/chaosBeast.htm Corporeal Instability?

Also, Aboleths.

And I believe the spells that change a lycanthrope's form also have the [Polymorph] subtype, but I'm not certain.
[Spoiler]
A gygaxian dungeon is like the world's most messed up game show.

Behind door number one: INSTANT DEATH!
Behind door number 2: A magic crown!
Behind door number 3: 4d6 giant bees, and THREE HUNDRED POUNDS OF HONEY!
They don't/haven't, was the point. 3.5 is as dead as people not liking nice tits.

Sometimes, their tits (3.5) get enhancements (houserules), but that doesn't mean people don't like nice tits.

Though sometimes, the surgeon (DM) botches them pretty bad...
Best metaphor I have seen in a long time.  I give you much fu.
Three Errata for the Mage-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Barbarian-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Monks doomed to die,
One for the Wizard on his dark throne
In the Land of Charop where the Shadows lie.
[/spoiler]

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #924 on: November 19, 2010, 02:17:40 PM »
Q294: My character has a Janni that follows him around, are Janni as completely useless as they look?

Ethereal jaunt for an entire hour is pretty nice.  Planeshift between astral, elemental, and material at will is nice as well.  And telepathy 100 feet qualifies for mindsight.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

genuine

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #925 on: November 19, 2010, 03:06:55 PM »
Other than tieflings, are there any other LA 0 or +1 races that have fire resistance?

InnaBinder

• Grape ape
  • OnnaTable
    • Okay - - Your Turn: Monte Cook's Message Board
« Reply #926 on: November 19, 2010, 03:13:03 PM »
Other than tieflings, are there any other LA 0 or +1 races that have fire resistance?
A295:Fire Elves/Fire Hobgoblins.  If your DM is generous, other races can be extrapolated from that base.
Winning an argument on the internet is like winning in the Special Olympics.  You won, but you're still retarded.

I made a Handbook!?

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #927 on: November 19, 2010, 03:15:56 PM »
Check my planetouched handbook.
Planetouched Handbook

geniussavant

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #928 on: November 19, 2010, 03:24:23 PM »
Q 268: what are some good templates to add to a daelkyr half blood psion? Right now I have ten LA to work with.

Bump, and:
Ghost was suggested, but unfortunately won't work, as I need him corporeal, the psion part is egotist+tashalona(sp?) for melee focus.
[spoiler]
I see that you want to solve problems. Not problems like, "What is beauty?," because that would fall within the purview of your conundrums of 'philosophy'. You want to solve practical problems. F'r instance, how are you gonna stop some big, mean Mother Hubbard from tearing you a structurally superfluous new behind? The answer: Use a gun. And if that don't work? Use more gun.
And if that fails try this

[/spoiler]

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #929 on: November 19, 2010, 03:29:14 PM »
Well, phrenic and half-fey are always solid.  Feral is cool beans.
Planetouched Handbook

snakeman830

• Organ Grinder
  • BG's resident furry min/maxxer
« Reply #930 on: November 19, 2010, 03:30:14 PM »
A295:Fire Elves/Fire Hobgoblins.  If your DM is generous, other races can be extrapolated from that base.
There are also the Fireblood Dwarves in Dragon Magic.
I am constantly amazed by how many DM's ban Tomb of Battle.  The book doesn't even exist!

Quotes:[spoiler]
By yes, she means no.
That explains so much about my life.
hiicantcomeupwithacharacterthatisntaghostwhyisthatamijustretardedorsomething
Why would you even do this? It hurts my eyes and looks like you ate your keyboard before suffering an attack of explosive diarrhea.
[/spoiler]

If using Genesis to hide your phylactry, set it at -300 degrees farenheit.  See how do-gooders fare with a liquid atmosphere.

Rebel7284

• Grape ape
« Reply #931 on: November 19, 2010, 03:58:07 PM »
Q296: Sanity check: do metamagic spells still count as lower level spells for the use of metamagic rods.  Specifically: can a reach spell Superior Resistance (normally level 6 but in an 8th level slot) be chained by a normal Metamagic Rod of Chaining?
Negative level on a chicken would make it a wight the next day.  Chicken the other wight meat. -borg286

snakeman830

• Organ Grinder
  • BG's resident furry min/maxxer
« Reply #932 on: November 19, 2010, 04:02:10 PM »
Q296: Sanity check: do metamagic spells still count as lower level spells for the use of metamagic rods.  Specifically: can a reach spell Superior Resistance (normally level 6 but in an 8th level slot) be chained by a normal Metamagic Rod of Chaining?
Yes, because the spell level doesn't change (with exception of Heighten and Sanctum).
I am constantly amazed by how many DM's ban Tomb of Battle.  The book doesn't even exist!

Quotes:[spoiler]
By yes, she means no.
That explains so much about my life.
hiicantcomeupwithacharacterthatisntaghostwhyisthatamijustretardedorsomething
Why would you even do this? It hurts my eyes and looks like you ate your keyboard before suffering an attack of explosive diarrhea.
[/spoiler]

If using Genesis to hide your phylactry, set it at -300 degrees farenheit.  See how do-gooders fare with a liquid atmosphere.

Rebel7284

• Grape ape
« Reply #933 on: November 19, 2010, 04:11:25 PM »
Thank you
Negative level on a chicken would make it a wight the next day.  Chicken the other wight meat. -borg286

Sunic_Flames

• Organ Grinder
  • The Crusader of Logic.
« Reply #934 on: November 19, 2010, 04:16:53 PM »
Q297: Can you do an unarmed strike sequence and a manufactured weapon attack sequence in the same round, or is that just natural weapons?
Smiting Imbeciles since 1985.

If you hear this music, run.

And don't forget:

There is no greater contribution than Hi Welcome.

Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.

IP proofing and avoiding being CAPed OR - how to make characters relevant in the long term.

Friends don't let friends be Short Bus Hobos.

[spoiler]
Sunic may be more abrasive than sandpaper coated in chainsaws (not that its a bad thing, he really does know what he's talking about), but just posting in this thread without warning and telling him he's an asshole which, if you knew his past experiences on WotC and Paizo is flat-out uncalled for. Never mind the insults (which are clearly 4Chan-level childish). You say people like Sunic are the bane of the internet? Try looking at your own post and telling me you are better than him.

Here's a fun fact: You aren't. By a few leagues.
[/spoiler]

McPoyo

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #935 on: November 19, 2010, 04:19:55 PM »
Q297: Can you do an unarmed strike sequence and a manufactured weapon attack sequence in the same round, or is that just natural weapons?
just natural
[Spoiler]
A gygaxian dungeon is like the world's most messed up game show.

Behind door number one: INSTANT DEATH!
Behind door number 2: A magic crown!
Behind door number 3: 4d6 giant bees, and THREE HUNDRED POUNDS OF HONEY!
They don't/haven't, was the point. 3.5 is as dead as people not liking nice tits.

Sometimes, their tits (3.5) get enhancements (houserules), but that doesn't mean people don't like nice tits.

Though sometimes, the surgeon (DM) botches them pretty bad...
Best metaphor I have seen in a long time.  I give you much fu.
Three Errata for the Mage-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Barbarian-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Monks doomed to die,
One for the Wizard on his dark throne
In the Land of Charop where the Shadows lie.
[/spoiler]

Garryl

• Hong Kong
« Reply #936 on: November 19, 2010, 04:26:49 PM »
just natural

You can, however, use two-weapon or multiweapon fighting to make a main-hand UAS sequence with a series of off-hand manufactured weapon attacks (and possibly the other way around as well, depending on how you interperet unarmed strikes never counting as off-hand weapons).
A Guide to Free D&D - A resource of free, official D&D resources on the web.
General listing of my homebrew.
Links to things I've worked on
[spoiler]
Idiot Crusader, refreshing maneuvers for free every round.
The Opposed Checks Handbook - Under construction.
Adaptations Handbook - Under construction.
[/spoiler]

Sobolev

• Donkey Kong
« Reply #937 on: November 19, 2010, 04:27:54 PM »

Ethereal jaunt for an entire hour is pretty nice.  Planeshift between astral, elemental, and material at will is nice as well.  And telepathy 100 feet qualifies for mindsight.

Q298: Does that mean the Sha'ir's ability to Planar Bind a Janni once per day as the spell is better than I thought?  Because it looks unbelievably awful from here.
Sha'ir Handbook
Binder Handbook

In my humble opinion, CO is haberdashery. Some say we're mad, but we can all agree we're hatters. Yes, we have potential to make very sophisticated hats, very fancy hats, be they dark or light. But the truth is that the color of the hat does not come from the group of us - our community doesn't directly produce hats. We simply give average head circumferences, list current fashion trends, and point out some shiny, obscure baubles to add to the latest hat line.

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #938 on: November 19, 2010, 04:30:40 PM »

Q298: Does that mean the Sha'ir's ability to Planar Bind a Janni once per day as the spell is better than I thought?  Because it looks unbelievably awful from here.
Yes it is. Even if Janni suck if you bind enough of them you can make someone very unhappy. As Stalin said "Quantity has a quality all its own"
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

Sobolev

• Donkey Kong
« Reply #939 on: November 19, 2010, 04:35:00 PM »

Yes it is. Even if Janni suck if you bind enough of them you can make someone very unhappy. As Stalin said "Quantity has a quality all its own"

But is it really that important to have it as an ability rather than a spell?  You still pay for it and you can only get Janni.  You're already a spellcaster, why would you want this ability?
Sha'ir Handbook
Binder Handbook