Author Topic: Ask a Simple Question part 19: Titan-Bloodline Pixie Ubercharger edition  (Read 138076 times)

Rebel7284

• Grape ape
Re: Ask a Simple Question part 19: Titan-Bloodline Pixie Ubercharger edition
« Reply #560 on: November 11, 2010, 11:00:10 AM »
169 May be worth it for a Warblade with a fighter 2 dip only since they're replacing the will save with a maneuver anyway.  I'd still take a feat or dungeoncrasher over that though.
Negative level on a chicken would make it a wight the next day.  Chicken the other wight meat. -borg286

betrayor

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #561 on: November 11, 2010, 12:24:58 PM »
Q172:Can you use the Embrace/Shun the dark chaos trick to replace regular feats with epic if you are above level 21?

Havok4

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • It can only be attributable to human error.
« Reply #562 on: November 11, 2010, 12:59:48 PM »
Q172:Can you use the Embrace/Shun the dark chaos trick to replace regular feats with epic if you are above level 21?

A 172: Yes as you only need to qualify when you actually do the DCS.

BruceLeeroy

• Curious George
« Reply #563 on: November 11, 2010, 03:15:25 PM »
Q170. Q171. Is there any creature with super-hearing qualities (not the skill, like an Extraordinary Quality, for example)?

Marruspawn (Sandstorm) have Discriminating Hearing, which is a kind of blind-sense.

Rymosrac

• Curious George
  • You were expecting?
    • Email
« Reply #564 on: November 11, 2010, 03:46:28 PM »
Q173: Has anyone taken a shot at optimizing the use of mechanical traps by PC's? And if so, where can the results be found?
Shh. My common sense is tingling. . .

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #565 on: November 11, 2010, 03:48:35 PM »
Q170. Q171. Is there any creature with super-hearing qualities (not the skill, like an Extraordinary Quality, for example)?

Marruspawn (Sandstorm) have Discriminating Hearing, which is a kind of blind-sense.
It's more like Scent with a different sense type, actually, in that it takes actions to pinpoint things.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #566 on: November 11, 2010, 03:50:02 PM »
Q173: Has anyone taken a shot at optimizing the use of mechanical traps by PC's? And if so, where can the results be found?
Not that I recall.

Chiefly because the magic ones are better in every possible way.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

wotmaniac

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Emperor's Enforcer
« Reply #567 on: November 11, 2010, 04:32:45 PM »
okay, I'm gonna try just one more of these metamagic questions .... maybe this one will get something  :p
Q174
Does the Delay Spell feat count as extending the duration of the spell for the purpose of the Recaster's "Metamorphic Spell (time)" ability? (because of the requirement of the spell needing a duration greater than 1 round)
For example, could I use the "Metamorphic Spell (time)" ability on a Delayed Lightning Bolt?

thanks.

[spoiler]
If you stop ignoring 289 pages telling what the intent is to stretch "more power" in your own god complexion of your interpretation trumps all to cover ability adjustments from aging then I will ignore a quarter page of rules that exist within a sidebar.
I think in this case the grammar is less important than whether the Str and Dex bonus provided to your created undead scales.

Greenbound Summoning RAI
Expanded Gestalt
More Savage Progressions[/spoiler]
Report any wrongs I have done here.

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #568 on: November 11, 2010, 04:57:28 PM »
okay, I'm gonna try just one more of these metamagic questions .... maybe this one will get something  :p
Q174
Does the Delay Spell feat count as extending the duration of the spell for the purpose of the Recaster's "Metamorphic Spell (time)" ability? (because of the requirement of the spell needing a duration greater than 1 round)
For example, could I use the "Metamorphic Spell (time)" ability on a Delayed Lightning Bolt?

thanks.
No.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

wotmaniac

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Emperor's Enforcer
« Reply #569 on: November 11, 2010, 05:30:04 PM »
Q174

thanks.
No.
:(

[spoiler]
If you stop ignoring 289 pages telling what the intent is to stretch "more power" in your own god complexion of your interpretation trumps all to cover ability adjustments from aging then I will ignore a quarter page of rules that exist within a sidebar.
I think in this case the grammar is less important than whether the Str and Dex bonus provided to your created undead scales.

Greenbound Summoning RAI
Expanded Gestalt

gemsna

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #570 on: November 11, 2010, 06:10:58 PM »
Q175 Is fear mind affecting so I get the whatever bonus I might have vs mind affecting? I am referring to things like "this makes you shaken",
 frightful presence, weird auras and generally whatever isn't a spell and has clear in its description [Fear] [Mind-Affecting]
A:Statement B is false
 B:Statement A is true

Maat_Mons

• Hong Kong
  • What is a smile but a grimace of happiness?
« Reply #571 on: November 11, 2010, 06:36:32 PM »
According to the Monster Manual, page 309, yes.  More precisely, Fear (Su or Sp) and Frightful Presence (Ex) are mind-affecting. 

wotmaniac

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Emperor's Enforcer
« Reply #572 on: November 11, 2010, 07:33:56 PM »
okay ... last one, I promise!
Q176
Reserves of Strength (DLCS) + Delay Spell -- would the stunning effect of raising your CL happen immediately, or would it wait until the spell actually happened?

For reference:
Quote from: DLCS
RESERVES OF STRENGTH [General]
Description: When you cast a spell, you can choose to increase its effective level at the cost of
exhausting yourself.
Prerequisite: Iron Will, Spellcaster
Benefit: When you cast a spell, you can decide to increase your caster level by 1, 2 or 3 but you
are stunned for an equal number of rounds immediately afterwards.[...]

(I think I know the answer to this, but I just want to make sure)

« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 07:39:54 PM by wotmaniac »

[spoiler]

Greenbound Summoning RAI
Expanded Gestalt

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #573 on: November 11, 2010, 07:38:53 PM »
Q176
Reserves of Strength (DLCS) + Delay Spell -- would the stunning effect of raising your CL happen immediately, or would it wait until the spell actually happened?

A176: 99% certain that it wouldn't delay the stun. Delay spell delays the effect of the spell while the stun is an effect of the casting. Litmus test of saying would a RoS enhanced Delayed Blast Fireball also have a delayed stun would suggest no as well.
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

TC X0 Lt 0X

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
« Reply #574 on: November 11, 2010, 07:59:05 PM »
Q177
What is the source of the Explosive Weapon Enchantment?
"Never beg, you earn, by winning,
or else you won't get anything..."

wotmaniac

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Emperor's Enforcer
« Reply #575 on: November 11, 2010, 08:17:39 PM »
Q176

A176: 99% certain that it wouldn't delay the stun. Delay spell delays the effect of the spell while the stun is an effect of the casting. Litmus test of saying would a RoS enhanced Delayed Blast Fireball also have a delayed stun would suggest no as well.
*sigh*
that's what I thought .... I was just hoping that I was reading something wrong.

thanks.

[spoiler]

Greenbound Summoning RAI
Expanded Gestalt

Emo_Duck

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
« Reply #576 on: November 11, 2010, 10:47:33 PM »
Q177
What is the source of the Explosive Weapon Enchantment?

A177: Complete Warrior.

Q178: Is there an early entry scheme for Mind Mage? In particular, I'm looking at it as a prospect for epic levels, as my character in question is planning to go Psion (Telepath) 5/Thrallherd 5/Anarchic Initiate 10. The 3rd level arcane casting requirement is the biggest one I'm trying to fit in.

the_shadowmind

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
« Reply #577 on: November 11, 2010, 11:06:16 PM »
Q179 Can spell-like abilities be identified by spellcraft?

PlzBreakMyCampaign

• Hong Kong
  • Immune to Critical Hits as a Fairness Elemental
« Reply #578 on: November 11, 2010, 11:39:02 PM »
Q162: Is there any nonmanifesting-completion item that gives the share pain (or forced share pain) effect? Like the chain of shield other but psionic...
bump

You have indexes? I'm wanting to look for Forgotten Realms adventures. Found me a new player, but he's only played games based in FR, and wants to do more in that campaign setting.
There are 20. What level? Any fluff you're after?

A178: see my prereq handbook
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 11:41:33 PM by PlzBreakMyCampaign »
[Spoiler]
An interesting read, nice to see a civil discussion
The point of Spell Resistance is to make it harder to get buffed.
And healed. Don't forget that.
Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.
[/Spoiler]

Old Geezer's Law of Hobby Taste: The more objectively inconsequential a hobby is, the more disagreements within the community will be expressed in outrageously insulting, overblown, and ludicrously emotionally laden terms.

More Funny than Humble[Spoiler]
Quote from: PlzBreakMyCampaign
Your a shifter... you have all you ever need.
It blows MoMF out of the water

But if your greedy for more [Wish] for something that only effects you, like another class level or two that doesn't count against your ECL.
Quote from: hungryhungryhippo987
Yes, I'm the 3.0 "Masters of the Wild" shifter, the awesome kind. My favorite form to take is Force Dragon. Yes, I am immortal ... My character is hands down the coolest guy in the campaign and there is nothing I could possibly want.
PBMC gets a cookie for DotA r

Sobolev

• Donkey Kong
« Reply #579 on: November 12, 2010, 12:31:16 AM »
Q180: What is a good invocation for Dragon Shaman to get with their one known Invocation from DrMagic?
Sha'ir Handbook
Binder Handbook

Quote from: Negative Zero on November 04, 2009, 02:16:14 AM
In my humble opinion, CO is haberdashery. Some say we're mad, but we can all agree we're hatters. Yes, we have potential to make very sophisticated hats, very fancy hats, be they dark or light. But the truth is that the color of the hat does not come from the group of us - our community doesn't directly produce hats. We simply give average head circumferences, list current fashion trends, and point out some shiny, obscure baubles to add to the latest hat line.