Author Topic: Ask a Simple Question 21: Dunkadooballs!  (Read 162226 times)

AndyJames

• Organ Grinder
  • Meep?
Re: Ask a Simple Question 21: Dunkadooballs!
« Reply #160 on: December 25, 2010, 03:02:45 AM »
Q41

There is a monster that is basically a flying deer, it's from Roman mythology, does anyone know its name?
Are you talking about the kirin, which is Oriental, not Roman? It is sometimes depicted as a fiery goat-headed beast that can walk/run in the air (and sometimes with wings).

Kajhera

• Hong Kong
« Reply #161 on: December 25, 2010, 03:08:44 AM »
Q41

There is a monster that is basically a flying deer, it's from Roman mythology, does anyone know its name?
Are you talking about the kirin, which is Oriental, not Roman? It is sometimes depicted as a fiery goat-headed beast that can walk/run in the air (and sometimes with wings).

Q42: Are there any kirins in D&D? I've been using one and was wondering how far I might be from official word.

AndyJames

• Organ Grinder
  • Meep?
« Reply #162 on: December 25, 2010, 03:58:42 AM »
Q41

Q42: Are there any kirins in D&D? I've been using one and was wondering how far I might be from official word.
Yes. Oriental Adventures, pg 170

TC X0 Lt 0X

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
« Reply #163 on: December 25, 2010, 04:53:47 AM »
Q43
Is there a way to get a powerful Dispel Magic effect multiple times per day with little investment? Preferably without magic items, particularity Greater Dispelling Enchantment.

A-1
Yes, I am posting in the middle of the morning on Christmas Day. Because I have no life...
"Never beg, you earn, by winning,
or else you won't get anything..."

dna1

• Hong Kong
  • Im not albino Im just from Alaska
    • Email
« Reply #164 on: December 25, 2010, 06:04:27 AM »
Q43
Is there a way to get a powerful Dispel Magic effect multiple times per day with little investment? Preferably without magic items, particularity Greater Dispelling Enchantment.

A-1
Yes, I am posting in the middle of the morning on Christmas Day. Because I have no life...

Slappin ho's like E-Honda

dna1

• Hong Kong
  • Im not albino Im just from Alaska
    • Email
« Reply #165 on: December 25, 2010, 06:12:06 AM »
q 45. wheres the most up to date rules for creating a lycanthrope race?
Slappin ho's like E-Honda

AndyJames

• Organ Grinder
  • Meep?
« Reply #166 on: December 25, 2010, 07:46:10 AM »
q 45. wheres the most up to date rules for creating a lycanthrope race?
MM or SRD. There hasn't been any changes that I am aware of.

TC X0 Lt 0X

« Reply #167 on: December 25, 2010, 08:55:21 AM »
Q43

A-1

Well there is the Beholder Mage.
I think the Sublime Chord also gives 9th level casting, but I have never looked at the class pass a glance.
"Never beg, you earn, by winning,
or else you won't get anything..."

AndyJames

• Organ Grinder
  • Meep?
« Reply #168 on: December 25, 2010, 09:47:40 AM »
Q43

A-1

I think the Sublime Chord also gives 9th level casting, but I have never looked at the class pass a glance.
You need to be level 10 Bard to get in to SC, so it is mid-late game at best.

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #169 on: December 25, 2010, 11:13:00 AM »
Q43

A-1

More like tenth level, period. The skill requirements are the only thing that keep you from getting into the class earlier, as theoretically one could get into it with two levels of Bard, extra music and Perform as a class skill for all classes.
Gendou Ikari is basically Gregory House in Kaminashades. This is FACT.

For proof, look here:

http://www.layoutjelly.com/image_27/gendo_ikari/

[SPOILER]
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Katana of Enlightenment.
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

I HAVE BROKEN THE 69 INTERNETS BARRIER!

weenog

• Grape ape
« Reply #170 on: December 25, 2010, 11:47:33 AM »
Q43

A-1

More like tenth level, period. The skill requirements are the only thing that keep you from getting into the class earlier, as theoretically one could get into it with two levels of Bard, extra music and Perform as a class skill for all classes.

Looks like the choice for Mystic Theurge spellcasting advancement is made before each level, not before you enter the class.  Would something like Savage Bard 5/Ur-Priest 2/MT 3/sublime chord 2/MT +7/X 1 work?
"We managed to make an NPC puke an undead monster."
"That sounds like a victory to me."

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #171 on: December 25, 2010, 02:35:27 PM »
Q 46 Does a whip count as "ranged" for the purposes of getting the Seeking ability?
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

When God gives you lemons... it's time to find a new God.

Like D&D Freakouts? Check out this 4th Ed one.

weenog

• Grape ape
« Reply #172 on: December 25, 2010, 02:38:12 PM »
A 46: No.

Quote from: Whip
A whip deals nonlethal damage. It deals no damage to any creature with an armor bonus of +1 or higher or a natural armor bonus of +3 or higher. The whip is treated as a melee weapon

Maat_Mons

• Hong Kong
  • What is a smile but a grimace of happiness?
« Reply #173 on: December 25, 2010, 02:41:36 PM »
Q 47: Regarding this rule:

Does that only apply to items with permanent enhancement bonuses, or do items under the effects of magic vestment, magic weapon, and similar spells gain those benefits temporarily? 

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #174 on: December 25, 2010, 02:58:37 PM »
A 46: No.
Q 48 Is there a way for a whip to home in on someone when you're both surrounded by a fog cloud? Basically looking to negate any kind of concealment.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

When God gives you lemons... it's time to find a new God.

Like D&D Freakouts? Check out this 4th Ed one.

weenog

• Grape ape
« Reply #175 on: December 25, 2010, 03:00:01 PM »
Q 49:  Battle Jump states "You can execute a charge by simply dropping from a height of at least 5 feet above your opponent."  Does this mean being in the next 5' space from the opponent's space works, or do you need at least one empty 5' space between you and the opponent?

Vistella

• Email
« Reply #176 on: December 25, 2010, 06:39:56 PM »
Q50
question about phantom stag (a better phantom steed if you dont know the spell)
if you ride it in battle, do you have to make ride checks and if yes, at what DC?
im asking because the spell says It has no saddle, bridle, or bit, but it is exceptionally alert to the nudges and balance changes of its rider. and with my bad english you can read into it that you dont have to make checks cause the stag is just so damn uber

thoughts?

ok, found the ruling for that myself^^
well, maybe not: do i still have to do the control mount in battle ride check? imo not because its a magical animal
« Last Edit: December 25, 2010, 06:47:16 PM by Vistella »

fuinjutsu

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #177 on: December 25, 2010, 07:48:42 PM »
q51

I remember seeing a warforged component that reduces ASF by 5%  Anyone know what I speak of?
Eh, the wizard have more money than them combined, he could in theory just use all his money on a fleet of trained attack mules, but then we aren't playing 3.5 but zergling rushing in Starcraft instead.

CantripN

• Hong Kong
  • Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating
    • Cantrip, Gestalt Gish
« Reply #178 on: December 25, 2010, 07:53:06 PM »
q51

I remember seeing a warforged component that reduces ASF by 5%  Anyone know what I speak of?

Somatic Cables (Cords?) let you roll for ASF twice, which is better.
Not to mention it means you don't need hands to cast. You can be grappling/tied up and still cast with those, I think.
Read, every day, something no one else is reading. Think, every day, something no one else is thinking. Do, every day, something no one else would be silly enough to do. It is bad for the mind to be always part of unanimity.

AndyJames

• Organ Grinder
  • Meep?
« Reply #179 on: December 25, 2010, 08:58:53 PM »
Q 47: Regarding this rule:

Does that only apply to items with permanent enhancement bonuses, or do items under the effects of magic vestment, magic weapon, and similar spells gain those benefits temporarily? 
You get the benefits temporarily.