Author Topic: Ask a Simple Question 21: Dunkadooballs!  (Read 161609 times)

geniussavant

• Bi-Curious George
Re: Ask a Simple Question 21: Dunkadooballs!
« Reply #180 on: December 25, 2010, 09:15:52 PM »
Somatic Cables (Cords?) let you roll for ASF twice, which is better.
Not to mention it means you don't need hands to cast. You can be grappling/tied up and still cast with those, I think.

Source?
[spoiler]
I see that you want to solve problems. Not problems like, "What is beauty?," because that would fall within the purview of your conundrums of 'philosophy'. You want to solve practical problems. F'r instance, how are you gonna stop some big, mean Mother Hubbard from tearing you a structurally superfluous new behind? The answer: Use a gun. And if that don't work? Use more gun.
And if that fails try this

[/spoiler]

fuinjutsu

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #181 on: December 25, 2010, 10:18:06 PM »
Somatic Cables (Cords?) let you roll for ASF twice, which is better.
Not to mention it means you don't need hands to cast. You can be grappling/tied up and still cast with those, I think.

Source?

Forge of War.

And the component i remember seeing actually lowered ASF, not just let you roll twice.
Eh, the wizard have more money than them combined, he could in theory just use all his money on a fleet of trained attack mules, but then we aren't playing 3.5 but zergling rushing in Starcraft instead.

Maat_Mons

• Hong Kong
  • What is a smile but a grimace of happiness?
« Reply #182 on: December 25, 2010, 10:59:53 PM »
Have you checked Dragon 341 and 352? 

dark_samuari

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #183 on: December 25, 2010, 11:43:37 PM »
Question 51

The Ur-Priest doesn't have any restrictions on spells with alignments so does that grant spellcasting access to sanctified and other exalted spells?

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
  • Developing a relaxed attitude to danger.
« Reply #184 on: December 25, 2010, 11:46:42 PM »
Question 51

The Ur-Priest doesn't have any restrictions on spells with alignments so does that grant spellcasting access to sanctified and other exalted spells?
If your alignment somehow permits it, then yes, but sanctified spells require you to be of Good alignment. Might work with a variant nonevil Ur-Priest.

AndyJames

• Organ Grinder
  • Meep?
« Reply #185 on: December 26, 2010, 12:26:12 AM »
Question 51

If your alignment somehow permits it, then yes, but sanctified spells require you to be of Good alignment. Might work with a variant nonevil Ur-Priest.
I don't see how that rejects of the gods and taking a bit of their power constitutes Evil anyway. Granted that the most vocal atheists in the real world tend to complete, utter bastards, but that is more because of their own narcissistic tendencies than rejection of gods. The prerequisites for Ur-Priest don't make sense, as I am pretty sure there are good atheists as well.

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #186 on: December 26, 2010, 12:34:45 AM »
I don't see how that rejects of the gods and taking a bit of their power constitutes Evil anyway. Granted that the most vocal atheists in the real world tend to complete, utter bastards, but that is more because of their own narcissistic tendencies than rejection of gods. The prerequisites for Ur-Priest don't make sense, as I am pretty sure there are good atheists as well.
It's not really atheism--that wouldn't make sense in a world where you can walk down to the corner temple and see proof of the existence of deities. It's more like meeting a god on the street, refusing to talk to him, then stealing his wallet and buying a gun to murder anyone you don't like.

AndyJames

• Organ Grinder
  • Meep?
« Reply #187 on: December 26, 2010, 12:49:22 AM »
It's not really atheism--that wouldn't make sense in a world where you can walk down to the corner temple and see proof of the existence of deities. It's more like meeting a god on the street, refusing to talk to him, then stealing his wallet and buying a gun to murder anyone you don't like.
That's the point. Stealing his wallet, yes, but buying the gun is not an automatic outcome of the wallet theft.

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #188 on: December 26, 2010, 12:53:14 AM »
That's the point. Stealing his wallet, yes, but buying the gun is not an automatic outcome of the wallet theft.
Well, of course not. It should be perfectly possible to siphon power from evil gods and put it to good use (following in the footsteps of the Malconvoker), but that's neither here, there, nor on-topic.

MyndBulletz

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
  • Omnia Mutantur, Nihil Interit.
« Reply #189 on: December 26, 2010, 06:02:30 AM »
Q 52: Is there an "ever full quiver" item?
Winning a dispute on the internet is like getting a gold medal at the Special Olympics. Sure you won...but you're still retarded.

Benly

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #190 on: December 26, 2010, 07:50:25 AM »
Q 53: Is there a way for an undead dragonfire adept to circumvent the Constitution prerequisite on metabreath feats? Preferably one accessible with only a few feats expended, but I'm curious in general.

AndyJames

• Organ Grinder
  • Meep?
« Reply #191 on: December 26, 2010, 08:30:10 AM »
Q 53: Is there a way for an undead dragonfire adept to circumvent the Constitution prerequisite on metabreath feats? Preferably one accessible with only a few feats expended, but I'm curious in general.
No Undead I know of has a Con score. You are boned.

Benly

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #192 on: December 26, 2010, 09:02:24 AM »
No Undead I know of has a Con score. You are boned.

Well, hence the question about circumventing prerequisites. It wouldn't shock me for there to be some feat out there that lets you use Cha for prereqs instead of Con or some damned thing like that, but I don't know of it if there is. Which is why I asked.

bearofsmiting

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #193 on: December 26, 2010, 09:19:01 AM »
Q54: Does anyone remember the name of a spell, I know it exists, that increases the armor bonus of a target armor by one but also, as I recall, increases its check penalty by one?
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO what a ride!

Maat_Mons

• Hong Kong
  • What is a smile but a grimace of happiness?
« Reply #194 on: December 26, 2010, 11:52:20 AM »
Q 52: Is there an "ever full quiver" item?

There's the quiver of plenty (Dragon Compendium/Dragon 328) or the quiver of Anariel (mirrored here). 

dna1

• Hong Kong
  • Im not albino Im just from Alaska
    • Email
« Reply #195 on: December 26, 2010, 12:48:39 PM »
q 55. armor properties questions.
 i need to find where muffling armor property, and where the wildshape armor prop is.
Slappin ho's like E-Honda

cru

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #196 on: December 26, 2010, 12:53:45 PM »
q 55. armor properties questions.
 i need to find where muffling armor property, and where the wildshape armor prop is.
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/magicArmor.htm#wild
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/magicArmor.htm#silentMoves

LunaticsLament

• Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #197 on: December 26, 2010, 07:36:01 PM »
Q56
Is there anywhere where one can find stories used by DM's in the past?  I have the overall storyline of my campaign set up, however I need some help filling in the world around this storyline with secondary and tertiary storylines and happenings in this Faerun.
"The capacity of the human mind for swallowing nonsense and spewing it forth in violent and repressive action has never yet been plumbed. "
~Robert Heinlein

weenog

• Grape ape
« Reply #198 on: December 26, 2010, 08:08:47 PM »
Q 57:  Is there a warlock invocation that grants sneak attack, sudden strike, or another way to do heaps of damage to paralyzed foes?  I'm thinking about trying to use snakeman830's Cannibal with the Gravetouched Ghoul template.
"We managed to make an NPC puke an undead monster."
"That sounds like a victory to me."

dna1

• Hong Kong
  • Im not albino Im just from Alaska
    • Email
« Reply #199 on: December 26, 2010, 08:22:25 PM »
q 58. where is the gnome quickblade stats found?
Slappin ho's like E-Honda