Author Topic: Ask a Simple Question 21: Dunkadooballs!  (Read 161616 times)

Lo77o

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • Guns dont kill people, apes with guns kills people
    • Email
Re: Ask a Simple Question 21: Dunkadooballs!
« Reply #560 on: January 08, 2011, 04:48:00 PM »
Q160: If i take the feat [Shape Soulmeld] from [Magic of Incarnum, page 40], can i choose any soulmeld from that book? And if say i took the soulmeld [Blink Shirt, page 60], what would i get from it? Would i be able to use the abilities noted under {Heart}, or would i need a class to bind it to a chakra?
You can pick any souldmeld (wether it's from that book or not, just beware that those in Dragon Magic have additional prerequisites).  With just this, you only get the base ability of the soulmeld (so for Blink Shirt, it would be standard action teleportation).  If you can bind soulmelds to chakras (you have the appropriate class levels, took the appropriate Open Chakra feat, or are an Incarnum Dragon (only race I can think of with meldshaping ability)), then you can bind the soulmeld to the proper chakra and get those extra benefits.

So if i would take the feat more then once, i could pick several soulmelds that usualy occupy the same chakra?
"Home is where you can find a decent graveyard and strangers can disappear without awkward questions." - Braids, Cabal Minion

Cannotthink

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #561 on: January 08, 2011, 05:12:24 PM »
You can select multiple soulmelds that occupy the same chakra. However, you can only have one of them shaped to that chakra at a time (chosen at the beginning of the day when you shape your soulmelds). If you desire to have multiple soulmelds occupying the same chakra, you'd have to take the Double Chakra feat. That would only be available to you at level 18, as it requires you to have a meldshaper level of 9 and the Shape Soulmeld feat only provides a meldshaper level of half your character level.

Lo77o

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • Guns dont kill people, apes with guns kills people
    • Email
« Reply #562 on: January 08, 2011, 05:18:55 PM »
You can select multiple soulmelds that occupy the same chakra. However, you can only have one of them shaped to that chakra at a time (chosen at the beginning of the day when you shape your soulmelds). If you desire to have multiple soulmelds occupying the same chakra, you'd have to take the Double Chakra feat. That would only be available to you at level 18, as it requires you to have a meldshaper level of 9 and the Shape Soulmeld feat only provides a meldshaper level of half your character level.

So as a chameleon who gets a new feat every day, after 2 weeks i can have all the soulmelds in the book bound to me forever? Or untill the DM kills me.
"Home is where you can find a decent graveyard and strangers can disappear without awkward questions." - Braids, Cabal Minion

Cannotthink

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #563 on: January 08, 2011, 06:29:25 PM »
You could keep a single soulmeld bound forever if you wanted to. However, you can't shape the soulmelds one at a time

Quote from: Magic of Incarnum

A meldshaper must shape all his chosen soulmelds at the
same time. He cannot leave a soulmeld slot unfilled in order
to shape it later.

You must have access to all the soulmelds you want at the same time. Then you shape them all at the same time. Any soulmeld you want bound to a chakra is bound at the exact same time. In effect, you have to clear out all your old soulmelds to put on a new one.

As for swapping out Shape Soulmeld as your chameleon bonus for another and keeping the soulmeld you chose; assuming you keep it bound forever, it could be argued you can keep it for the duration. Reasonably, probably not. It really is up to your DM.

dantheman

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #564 on: January 08, 2011, 07:54:35 PM »
Other than pearls of power and mementos magica, are there items that allow a spellcaster to regain spell slots?

X-Codes

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #565 on: January 08, 2011, 07:59:38 PM »
Has there been any information compiled anywhere about the optimization of the Sling?
One more try.

JaronK

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #566 on: January 08, 2011, 08:02:50 PM »
Has there been any information compiled anywhere about the optimization of the Sling?
One more try.

Have you looked into the Halfling Warsling and Skiprock?  Because that's the direction to take for sling optimization.

JaronK

Littha

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #567 on: January 08, 2011, 08:07:35 PM »
Q161: Is it "Worth" losing 3 caster levels as a sorcerer to have the entire conjuration and divination schools added to your spell list?

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #568 on: January 08, 2011, 08:10:01 PM »
Q161: Is it "Worth" losing 3 caster levels as a sorcerer to have the entire conjuration and divination schools added to your spell list?

Spell list?  Not a chance.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

Littha

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #569 on: January 08, 2011, 08:11:38 PM »

Spells known rather and the Knowledge Domain.

Epimetheus

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #570 on: January 08, 2011, 09:23:43 PM »

I'd do it, depending on what level the sorcerer would be playing at, and whether using Versatile Spellcaster lets it cast some of those conjuration/divination spells 1 higher than normal.

Lycanthromancer

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #571 on: January 08, 2011, 09:29:14 PM »

I'd do it, depending on what level the sorcerer would be playing at, and whether using Versatile Spellcaster lets it cast some of those conjuration/divination spells 1 higher than normal.
Conveniently, Loredrake (is it Loredrake?) and Practiced Spellcaster are your friends.
[spoiler]Masculine men like masculine things. Masculine men are masculine. Therefore, liking masculine men is masculine.

I dare anyone to find a hole in that logic.
[spoiler]
+1 Lycanthromancer
Which book is Lycanthromancer in?
Lyca ... is in the book. Yes he is.
 :D
shit.. concerning psionics optimization, lycan IS the book
[/spoiler]

Littha

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #572 on: January 08, 2011, 09:59:24 PM »

Conveniently, Loredrake (is it Loredrake?) and Practiced Spellcaster are your friends.

That is with loredrake included unforunately, Wyrmling Loredrake Tome Dragon 3hd 5LA caster level of 5.

Lycanthromancer

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #573 on: January 08, 2011, 10:02:14 PM »

That is with loredrake included unforunately, Wyrmling Loredrake Tome Dragon 3hd 5LA caster level of 5.
Kobolds come in handy here.
[spoiler]Masculine men like masculine things. Masculine men are masculine. Therefore, liking masculine men is masculine.

[spoiler]
+1 Lycanthromancer
[/spoiler]

Littha

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #574 on: January 08, 2011, 10:06:30 PM »

They would if I didn't need to be a tome dragon to gain knowledge of all conjuration and divination spells.

Lycanthromancer

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #575 on: January 08, 2011, 10:16:13 PM »

They would if I didn't need to be a tome dragon to gain knowledge of all conjuration and divination spells.
Can I haz shapeshifting abuse, please?

[spoiler]
+1 Lycanthromancer
[/spoiler]

Littha

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #576 on: January 08, 2011, 10:19:38 PM »

Not sure which shapeshifing ability will give you the casting ability of a dragon...

Lycanthromancer

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #577 on: January 08, 2011, 10:30:52 PM »

Not sure which shapeshifing ability will give you the casting ability of a dragon...
Spellcasting is natural, so that would be polymorph. Most everything else would be via shapechange and/or Master of Many Forms.

[spoiler]
+1 Lycanthromancer
[/spoiler]

betrayor

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #578 on: January 08, 2011, 10:43:04 PM »
Spellcasting is natural, so that would be polymorph. Most everything else would be via shapechange and/or Master of Many Forms.

Was this proven?I thought that it was heavily debated......

Lycanthromancer

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #579 on: January 08, 2011, 10:45:13 PM »

Was this proven?I thought that it was heavily debated......
Process of elimination?

If it's not natural it's Ex.

Thing is, you get the spellcasting but not the spells.

If you already have the spells, you get the spellcasting. If that spellcasting works differently than your own, you should be able to use it with your spells if you want it.

[spoiler]
+1 Lycanthromancer
[/spoiler]