Author Topic: Simple Q&A 16: Has Anyone Really Been Far Even As ...  (Read 130820 times)

Zombieboots

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
  • Ska-ull
Re: Simple Q&A 16: Has Anyone Really Been Far Even As ...
« Reply #380 on: August 31, 2010, 04:50:14 PM »
Q122: Looking for that spell/power that crystallizes a memory and erupts it form the subjects head. What is this spell called? And where is it from?
Ah! Maddness. Thank you.[spoiler][/spoiler]

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #381 on: August 31, 2010, 04:58:38 PM »
Bump

Q 89 The exotic armor and shields section in Races of Stone has a Gauntlet Shield. It says it can hold things, but can't use weapons with it. However, it can perform somatic component spells, and hold onto various items. I read this as "can't use to fight with a light weapon in that hand" as opposed to "can't fight with weapons at any time, even when trying to power attack." Am I correct in my interpretation?
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

When God gives you lemons... it's time to find a new God.

Like D&D Freakouts? Check out this 4th Ed one.

GawainBS

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #382 on: August 31, 2010, 05:01:54 PM »
Bump

Q 89 The exotic armor and shields section in Races of Stone has a Gauntlet Shield. It says it can hold things, but can't use weapons with it. However, it can perform somatic component spells, and hold onto various items. I read this as "can't use to fight with a light weapon in that hand" as opposed to "can't fight with weapons at any time, even when trying to power attack." Am I correct in my interpretation?

You are reading too much in it. "Can't use weapons" = "can't use weapons". It can't be used in conjunction with a twohander, nor can be it used to TWF. (Unless you Shieldbash with it, which, given that it is a Heavy Shield and thus a one-hander, means you can PA with this shield.)

BeholderSlayer

• Hong Kong
« Reply #383 on: August 31, 2010, 05:02:39 PM »
Q121: I am under the impression that you may only learn stances of a level for which you qualify for the maneuvers of the same level. If a stance has an entry, say, Crusader 6, do you need to be a 6th level Crusader or 11th level?

11th level.  the 6 is it's manuever level, not the initiator level you need.  Copying how spells are listed, like Bard 3, Sorceror/Wizard 3 for Haste.  Confusing, i know.
Thanks, I thought that was the case as well. I just saw somebody post on another forum using a 6th level crusader stance on a build with only 1 level of warblade and 6 of JPM.  ???

non-initiator clases give 1/2 IL.

A Wujen6/Warblade1/JPM5 has an IL of 9, for example.
Interesting, that's good to know. Thanks.
Hi Welcome
[spoiler]
Allow me to welcome you both with my literal words and with an active display of how much you fit in by being tone deaf, dumb, and uncritical of your babbling myself.[/spoiler]

Suzerain

• Bi-Curious George
  • is on extended leave
« Reply #384 on: August 31, 2010, 06:22:59 PM »
Q122: Looking for that spell/power that crystallizes a memory and erupts it form the subjects head. What is this spell called? And where is it from?
I could swear it's a Psionic Power, but I can't find it either.

McPoyo

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #385 on: August 31, 2010, 06:24:49 PM »
It's a psionic power in an out-of-the-way-you-wouldn't-expect-to-find-it-in-this-book book. Like a campaign setting supplemental book like Champions of Ruin or something silly like that. I recall it, but not the specific book it's in.
[Spoiler]
A gygaxian dungeon is like the world's most messed up game show.

Behind door number one: INSTANT DEATH!
Behind door number 2: A magic crown!
Behind door number 3: 4d6 giant bees, and THREE HUNDRED POUNDS OF HONEY!
They don't/haven't, was the point. 3.5 is as dead as people not liking nice tits.

Sometimes, their tits (3.5) get enhancements (houserules), but that doesn't mean people don't like nice tits.

Though sometimes, the surgeon (DM) botches them pretty bad...
Best metaphor I have seen in a long time.  I give you much fu.
Three Errata for the Mage-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Barbarian-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Monks doomed to die,
One for the Wizard on his dark throne
In the Land of Charop where the Shadows lie.
[/spoiler]

Epimetheus

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #386 on: August 31, 2010, 06:33:03 PM »
Q123: Is there any way to stop your items (especially magical ones) from getting Sundered?

snakeman830

• Organ Grinder
  • BG's resident furry min/maxxer
« Reply #387 on: August 31, 2010, 07:37:40 PM »
It's a psionic power in an out-of-the-way-you-wouldn't-expect-to-find-it-in-this-book book. Like a campaign setting supplemental book like Champions of Ruin or something silly like that. I recall it, but not the specific book it's in.
Hardly.  It's Crystalline Memories (Sorcerer/Wizard spell) from Complete Mage.
I am constantly amazed by how many DM's ban Tomb of Battle.  The book doesn't even exist!

Quotes:[spoiler]
By yes, she means no.
That explains so much about my life.
hiicantcomeupwithacharacterthatisntaghostwhyisthatamijustretardedorsomething
Why would you even do this? It hurts my eyes and looks like you ate your keyboard before suffering an attack of explosive diarrhea.
[/spoiler]

If using Genesis to hide your phylactry, set it at -300 degrees farenheit.  See how do-gooders fare with a liquid atmosphere.

LunaticsLament

• Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #388 on: August 31, 2010, 07:55:25 PM »
Q124  Is there any way to increase an air mefit's fly speed to something a little more respectable?  Something like 30 or 40?
"The capacity of the human mind for swallowing nonsense and spewing it forth in violent and repressive action has never yet been plumbed. "
~Robert Heinlein

KellKheraptis

• Organ Grinder
  • What's the matter? I thought you had me...
    • Email
« Reply #389 on: August 31, 2010, 09:15:09 PM »
Q 125: If another being is a part of you, other than it's feats, do you also gain benefit of it's BAB if it is higher than your own?  Relevant example being an Item Familiar that is intelligent (and thus medium BAB as a construct of your HD).
BG's Resident Black Hatter
The Mango List Reborn!
My Warmage Trickery (coming soon!)
My PrC Pally Trickery (coming soon!)
The D&D Archive
-Work in progress!

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #390 on: August 31, 2010, 09:30:12 PM »
Q124  Is there any way to increase an air mefit's fly speed to something a little more respectable?  Something like 30 or 40?
Air heritage feat (planar handbook) gives +30 feet, IIRC.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

Zaxter

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
« Reply #391 on: August 31, 2010, 09:47:09 PM »
Q123: Is there any way to stop your items (especially magical ones) from getting Sundered?
I think covering an item in Quintessence is supposed to make it indestructible. Other options include making your item out of Aurorum (BoED), which, while it doesn't stop them from getting sundered, lets your item be put back together as a full-round action if it's destroyed (whether or not magical properties are lost isn't covered). Also, Truenamers get an utterance that restores a broken item to its previous state, with all magical properties in tact. Again, though, this is not a preventive measure.

Smokey_the_bear

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
    • Email
« Reply #392 on: August 31, 2010, 10:20:53 PM »
Q126: Are there any templates that reduce you to tiny size?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 10:25:08 PM by Smokey_the_bear »

Archmage Joda

• Bi-Curious George
  • Parenchaaaaaaaaaannn!!!
    • Email
« Reply #393 on: August 31, 2010, 11:36:39 PM »
Q127 Does a spell-like ability (like that gained through Innate Spell or a level of Archmage) version of Silent Image and its cousins count for Shadowcraft Mage's Shadow Illusion ability?
"My advanced brain is far too meaty to be swayed. Plus, it's practically dripping with genius sauce made from a special recipe of 11 herbs and spices" - Black Mage

Epimetheus

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #394 on: September 01, 2010, 12:10:46 AM »

Air heritage gives up to 30 feet. The cap is the lower of 30 feet and your base fly speed.

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Thread Necromancy a Specialty
« Reply #395 on: September 01, 2010, 12:12:17 AM »
Q128 Is there any way to take Ability Burn as Ability Damage?
[spoiler]Fighter: "I can kill a guy in one turn."
Cleric: "I can kill a guy in half a turn."
Wizard: "I can kill a guy before my turn."
Bard: "I can get three idiots to kill guys for me."

On a strange note, would anyone be put out if we had a post about people or events we can spare a thought for, or if its within their creed, a prayer for? Just a random thought, but ... hells I wouldn't have known about either Archangels daughter or Saeomons niece if I didn't happen to be on these threads.
Sounds fine to me.
probably over on "Off-topic".
might want to put a little disclaimer in the first post.

This is the Min/Max board. We should be able to figure out a way to optimize the POWER OF PRAYER(TM) that doesn't involve "Pazuzu, Pazuzu, Pazuzu".
[/spoiler]

My final project for my film independent study course. It could do with a watching and critiquing

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #396 on: September 01, 2010, 12:19:20 AM »
Q128 Is there any way to take Ability Burn as Ability Damage?
No.

Air heritage gives up to 30 feet. The cap is the lower of 30 feet and your base fly speed.
Also get a fast leg graft (fiend folio).  That gives a +10 to all your speeds for cheap. 
Planetouched Handbook

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Thread Necromancy a Specialty
« Reply #397 on: September 01, 2010, 03:34:15 AM »
Q129: Is there a way to up your usages of Knowledge Affiliation per day? I really want to use it on a Cheater of Mystra, just to see the look on his face. And then I want to strip him of spellcasting. Just to be a dick.
[spoiler]Fighter: "I can kill a guy in one turn."
Cleric: "I can kill a guy in half a turn."
Wizard: "I can kill a guy before my turn."
Bard: "I can get three idiots to kill guys for me."

On a strange note, would anyone be put out if we had a post about people or events we can spare a thought for, or if its within their creed, a prayer for? Just a random thought, but ... hells I wouldn't have known about either Archangels daughter or Saeomons niece if I didn't happen to be on these threads.
Sounds fine to me.
probably over on "Off-topic".
might want to put a little disclaimer in the first post.

This is the Min/Max board. We should be able to figure out a way to optimize the POWER OF PRAYER(TM) that doesn't involve "Pazuzu, Pazuzu, Pazuzu".
[/spoiler]

My final project for my film independent study course. It could do with a watching and critiquing

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #398 on: September 01, 2010, 03:39:42 AM »
Q129: Is there a way to up your usages of Knowledge Affiliation per day? I really want to use it on a Cheater of Mystra, just to see the look on his face. And then I want to strip him of spellcasting. Just to be a dick.
Possibly a squire of legend cohort.
Planetouched Handbook

CyMage

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #399 on: September 01, 2010, 05:38:15 AM »
Q130  I seem to remember there being an item that boosts your effective Wildshape level.  Could I get a source listed if it does exist?