Author Topic: Simple Q&A 16: Has Anyone Really Been Far Even As ...  (Read 126842 times)

Bauglir

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • TriOptimum
Re: Simple Q&A 16: Has Anyone Really Been Far Even As ...
« Reply #600 on: September 04, 2010, 11:20:18 PM »
Q178

Can a character benefit from both Bear Form (from Bear Warrior) and Primeval Form (from Primeval)? They both reference shapechanging effects, so I know that you'll end up in one or the other, but what I'm wondering is if I can turn into a bear, adding the +16 strength from that, and then turn into a lion or something and add the strength bonus from that on top of the bear strength, since it's my strength score at the time, or if I lose the bear strength because changing form cancels the Bear Form.

Nevermind, since they both reference polymorph I'm going to assume I can't.

Q178

What's the dinosaur, dire animal, or other clearly prehistoric creature (such as a smilodon) with the highest Strength score, and fewer than 8 hit dice? The highest Strength score available from Primeval, is what I'm asking, I suppose.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 11:32:14 PM by Bauglir »
So you end up stuck in an endless loop, unable to act, forever.

In retrospect, much like Keanu Reeves.

AngellusMortus

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #601 on: September 04, 2010, 11:39:42 PM »
Q178

Can a character benefit from both Bear Form (from Bear Warrior) and Primeval Form (from Primeval)? They both reference shapechanging effects, so I know that you'll end up in one or the other, but what I'm wondering is if I can turn into a bear, adding the +16 strength from that, and then turn into a lion or something and add the strength bonus from that on top of the bear strength, since it's my strength score at the time, or if I lose the bear strength because changing form cancels the Bear Form.

Nevermind, since they both reference polymorph I'm going to assume I can't.

Q178

What's the dinosaur, dire animal, or other clearly prehistoric creature (such as a smilodon) with the highest Strength score, and fewer than 8 hit dice? The highest Strength score available from Primeval, is what I'm asking, I suppose.

A[SCRATCHED] As far as I can tell, you can't do both. Both abilities specifically state that you gain those bonuses "while in that form" (or some other wording meaning the same thing), so even if you shift from one directly to the other, you're no longer in the first form and therefore don't get the bonuses. Go Fist of the Forest/Warshaper instead, and be a Kung-Fu Prehistoric Beasty with crazy stat boosts, fast healing and stretchy limbs!

A178 The Dire Animal/Dinosaur that gets you the most Strength flat out is the Dire Boar, with +16. However, I wouldn't recommend it...they only get 1 attack on a full attack. Instead, I would recommend one from the next tier or two down in Strength: either a Dire Lion with +14 Str, Pounce and a good full attack including rake on a pounce, or a Dire Ape, with +12 Str, Rend, and (debatably) the ability to wield weapons.

For more information, The Primeval Handbook: http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19869026/The_Primeval_Handbook
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 01:20:06 AM by AngellusMortus »

Bauglir

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • TriOptimum
« Reply #602 on: September 05, 2010, 01:02:32 AM »
Thanks for that.

Q179

Is there a handbook for classes that grant ability score bonuses? Or, failing that, which base classes or prestige classes that can be entered at or before level 6 grant a bonus to Strength at level 1?
So you end up stuck in an endless loop, unable to act, forever.

In retrospect, much like Keanu Reeves.

jojolagger

• Hong Kong
« Reply #603 on: September 05, 2010, 01:12:08 AM »

Q179

Is there a handbook for classes that grant ability score bonuses? Or, failing that, which base classes or prestige classes that can be entered at or before level 6 grant a bonus to Strength at level 1?
War hulk, Miniatures handbook. Needs large size, +5 BAB, and cleave. Gives some cool abilities and +2 Str Per level.
Countdown to Zombie Apocalypse 97
When you see this, copy it into your sig and -1
:lovefirefox
Quotes [spoiler]
In other words, he thinks there's a "correct" way to play D&D.  *sigh*
There is: Kill shit and loot the corpse!
When you use a tool the way it was designed for -- its intended function -- then it will work very well for you.

But it's not the tool's fault if you use it for something else and you fail utterly, such as trying to eat cereal with a butterknife, pounding nails with a screwdriver, blogging to voice your political opinions, and brushing your teeth with a hammer.
[/spoiler]

dna1

• Hong Kong
  • Im not albino Im just from Alaska
    • Email
« Reply #604 on: September 05, 2010, 01:18:44 AM »
q 180. what spells can you use to capture people. i know like.. web.. evards tentacles. but are there better ones? anything kind of like a d-door pwning?
Slappin ho's like E-Honda

jojolagger

• Hong Kong
« Reply #605 on: September 05, 2010, 02:06:00 AM »
q 180. what spells can you use to capture people. i know like.. web.. evards tentacles. but are there better ones? anything kind of like a d-door pwning?
Forcecage + Quickened Dimensional anchor. Any spell that deals ability Damage to a score other than CON.
Quotes [spoiler]
When you use a tool the way it was designed for -- its intended function -- then it will work very well for you.

But it's not the tool's fault if you use it for something else and you fail utterly, such as trying to eat cereal with a butterknife, pounding nails with a screwdriver, blogging to voice your political opinions, and brushing your teeth with a hammer.
[/spoiler]

dna1

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #606 on: September 05, 2010, 03:36:41 AM »
q 181. where is the link to the srd that shows the +8 str +4 con etc for going medium to large.

q 182. jojolagger whered u get that little firefox thing. its so cute how would i get one

telehax

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #607 on: September 05, 2010, 03:48:26 AM »
q 181. where is the link to the srd that shows the +8 str +4 con etc for going medium to large.

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/combat/movementPositionAndDistance.htm#bigandLittleCreaturesInCombat
there are no set ability bonuses/penalties for size changes, if the method you are using to change size affects your ability scores, it will say so

dna1

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #608 on: September 05, 2010, 03:51:25 AM »

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/combat/movementPositionAndDistance.htm#bigandLittleCreaturesInCombat
there are no set ability bonuses/penalties for size changes, if the method you are using to change size affects your ability scores, it will say so

i appriciate the quick response, however that doesnt show the stat changes. just the reach/grpl

dna1

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #609 on: September 05, 2010, 03:52:42 AM »
found it. this srd site is much better then the one i had bookmarked

dna1

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #610 on: September 05, 2010, 04:08:54 AM »
q 182. wheres the ?? mango? list? idk if that was what its called, but its like a huge dnd list that has the source of what your looking for in it

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #611 on: September 05, 2010, 04:11:43 AM »
found it. this srd site is much better then the one i had bookmarked
I wouldn't mind knowing the link.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

When God gives you lemons... it's time to find a new God.

Like D&D Freakouts? Check out this 4th Ed one.

jojolagger

• Hong Kong
« Reply #612 on: September 05, 2010, 04:13:00 AM »
q 182. jojolagger whered u get that little firefox thing. its so cute how would i get one
: followed by lovefirefox
It's one of the forum smileys, near the bottom of the [more] thing.
Quotes [spoiler]

[/spoiler]

dna1

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #613 on: September 05, 2010, 04:59:52 AM »

GawainBS

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #614 on: September 05, 2010, 06:12:50 AM »
Q 182: Where is the link to the Sublime Ranger and the Way of the Fallen Star?

red-fox

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #615 on: September 05, 2010, 06:54:18 AM »
Repeating the question since there was no response :
Q166 If a Binding Minimus Containment version is cast on creature, what exactly can creature do?
Can it :
1) observe surrounding area
2) speak and gesture
3) use telepathy
4) cast spells, use spell-like abilities, magic items and other items
5) (assuming casting spells is possible) use somatic and verbal components to cast spells

The idea is to get a "living lich" : be bound in some crystal, then use Magic Jar (line of effect to gem is unnecessary) to posess bodies.
Also, according to description, the creature is "held". Possible interpretation "held as in hold person" allows purely mental actions (spell-like abilities/silenced-stilled spells).

BruceLeeroy

• Curious George
« Reply #616 on: September 05, 2010, 07:14:09 AM »
Q183: When using a Necklace of Natural Weapons (SS 58), could you apply the Sizing special quality (MiC43) and make your natural weapon colossal+?

cru

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #617 on: September 05, 2010, 09:59:45 AM »
A183: Yes. However, you'd take a cumulative penalty to hit. From medium to colossal+ that is -10 to hit.
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/equipment/weapons.htm#inappropriatelySizedWeapons
Moreover, more than 2 size increases could result in an inability to wield that weapon.

TheEndIsNear

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #618 on: September 05, 2010, 11:06:43 AM »
Q184: How would a gestalt Totemist//Incarnate interact? Do I Add the essentia points of each class or take the highest? Would I have enough chakras on my body in order to bind the maximum number of them for each class? What is the best incarnate alighnment? What if the incarnate levels let me add one more essentia to each soulmeld, does that apply to totemists too and vice versa? Then do they stack? Or the biggest one?
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 11:14:49 AM by TheEndIsNear »

dna1

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #619 on: September 05, 2010, 03:22:11 PM »
q 185. what are items to get true seeing