Author Topic: Simple Q&A 16: Has Anyone Really Been Far Even As ...  (Read 126840 times)

Viletta Vadim

• Curious George
  • Metal Genocider, maximum shooto!
Re: Simple Q&A 16: Has Anyone Really Been Far Even As ...
« Reply #300 on: August 29, 2010, 01:32:45 PM »
Q91 I seem to remember some sort of smart giant template, probably from one of the Eberron books... anyone know what I'm talking about and which book it's in?

Havok4

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • It can only be attributable to human error.
« Reply #301 on: August 29, 2010, 01:47:48 PM »
Q91 I seem to remember some sort of smart giant template, probably from one of the Eberron books... anyone know what I'm talking about and which book it's in?

A91: Primordial giant from secrets of xendrik.

KellKheraptis

• Organ Grinder
  • What's the matter? I thought you had me...
    • Email
« Reply #302 on: August 29, 2010, 06:01:51 PM »
Q 92: Other than Incantatrix, Spelldancer, Metaphysical Spellshaper, and DMM : Persist, what means are there for zero-cost persistent spells that don't raise the spell level?  UM abuse on a Wizard comes to mind (and feels a lot like Arcana Unearthed's laden mechanic), any others?  Or am I relegated to 3rd party/suck ass feats/losing a school if I don't wanna cheese it up (not that I'm EVER shy about that :P )?
BG's Resident Black Hatter
The Mango List Reborn!
My Warmage Trickery (coming soon!)
My PrC Pally Trickery (coming soon!)
The D&D Archive
-Work in progress!

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #303 on: August 29, 2010, 07:40:19 PM »
Q 92: Other than Incantatrix, Spelldancer, Metaphysical Spellshaper, and DMM : Persist, what means are there for zero-cost persistent spells that don't raise the spell level?  UM abuse on a Wizard comes to mind (and feels a lot like Arcana Unearthed's laden mechanic), any others?  Or am I relegated to 3rd party/suck ass feats/losing a school if I don't wanna cheese it up (not that I'm EVER shy about that :P )?
Anima Mage. At 9th level, you can do it 3/day, cost free.
Gendou Ikari is basically Gregory House in Kaminashades. This is FACT.

For proof, look here:

http://www.layoutjelly.com/image_27/gendo_ikari/

[SPOILER]
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Katana of Enlightenment.
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

I HAVE BROKEN THE 69 INTERNETS BARRIER!

Viletta Vadim

• Curious George
  • Metal Genocider, maximum shooto!
« Reply #304 on: August 29, 2010, 07:47:35 PM »
Gracias, Havok.

Q93 Can you grapple at the end of a charge?

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #305 on: August 29, 2010, 08:08:51 PM »
Gracias, Havok.

I don't see why not. There's nothing explicitly saying that the attack at the end of a charge MUST be an attack. There's also precedent in the Battle Jump feat mentioning a trip at the end of a charge.
Gendou Ikari is basically Gregory House in Kaminashades. This is FACT.

For proof, look here:

http://www.layoutjelly.com/image_27/gendo_ikari/

[SPOILER]
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Katana of Enlightenment.
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

I HAVE BROKEN THE 69 INTERNETS BARRIER!

Vinom

• Hong Kong
  • Rejoice, Bad things are about to happen!
    • Email
« Reply #306 on: August 29, 2010, 08:26:45 PM »
I don't see why not. There's nothing explicitly saying that the attack at the end of a charge MUST be an attack. There's also precedent in the Battle Jump feat mentioning a trip at the end of a charge.

Someone had to do it.
A player once asked me if there was any way to make a Tarrasque more evil... 3 sessions later he was stoned with D20s as the PC led an exidus out of the path of a Dire Tarrasque of Legendary Wonder.

Quote from:  Sarda the Sage
You're a quick thinker and spiteful, I can respect that. You won't be killed, Bikke

Never trust a smiling laughing chuckling grinning emotionless drunk, you know what Never Trust a DM!

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature

Pulling off Pun-pun in 26 rounds

N00bs, because all gamers have to start somewhere

"Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from Science!"

Remember, Mobs are at least as stupid as their dumbest member.

Endarire

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #307 on: August 29, 2010, 08:40:52 PM »
Q94
The Iron Heart maneuver Mithral Tornado (Tome of Battle 69 and here) states that it only affects adjacent opponents.  Can I use a polearm to hit creatures 10' away?
Hood - My first answer to all your build questions; past, present, and future.

Speaking of which:
Don't even need TO for this.  Any decent Hood build, especially one with Celerity, one-rounds [Azathoth, the most powerful greater deity from d20 Cthulu].
Does it bug anyone else that we've reached the point where characters who can obliterate a greater deity in one round are considered "decent?"

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #308 on: August 29, 2010, 08:50:58 PM »
Q94
The Iron Heart maneuver Mithral Tornado (Tome of Battle 69 and here) states that it only affects adjacent opponents.  Can I use a polearm to hit creatures 10' away?
A 94

No. It specifically says "opponent adjacent to you", not "opponent within reach".
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Endarire

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #309 on: August 29, 2010, 08:54:47 PM »
Q95
I recall from somewhere that off-hand attacks get only 1/2 your STR bonus to damage.  I need a rules reference on this.

Speaking of which:
Don't even need TO for this.  Any decent Hood build, especially one with Celerity, one-rounds [Azathoth, the most powerful greater deity from d20 Cthulu].
Does it bug anyone else that we've reached the point where characters who can obliterate a greater deity in one round are considered "decent?"

InnaBinder

• Grape ape
  • OnnaTable
    • Okay - - Your Turn: Monte Cook's Message Board
« Reply #310 on: August 29, 2010, 08:59:08 PM »
Q95
I recall from somewhere that off-hand attacks get only 1/2 your STR bonus to damage.  I need a rules reference on this.

A95:http://www.d20srd.org/srd/combat/combatStatistics.htm#offHandWeapon
Winning an argument on the internet is like winning in the Special Olympics.  You won, but you're still retarded.

I made a Handbook!?

Vistella

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #311 on: August 29, 2010, 09:08:00 PM »
Q96
the spirit shaman from complete divine, is that a prepared caster or spontaneous caster in regards to feat requirements? or both? (i knowthey cant add metamagic spells on the fly, but things like versatile spellcaster are feats which id like to know about)

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #312 on: August 29, 2010, 09:44:13 PM »
Bumping

Q 88 When multiplying armor prices for medium-sized nonhumanoids, and it's masterwork, do you multiple the 150 by 2 as well as the cost of the original armor? What happens when it's something like a mithral shirt for 1100? Is it 2200?

Q 89 The exotic armor and shields section in Races of Stone has a Gauntlet Shield. It says it can hold things, but can't use weapons with it. However, it can perform somatic component spells, and hold onto various items. I read this as "can't use to fight with a light weapon in that hand" as opposed to "can't fight with weapons at any time, even when trying to power attack." Am I correct in my interpretation?
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

When God gives you lemons... it's time to find a new God.

Like D&D Freakouts? Check out this 4th Ed one.

fuinjutsu

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #313 on: August 29, 2010, 10:20:15 PM »
Q96
the spirit shaman from complete divine, is that a prepared caster or spontaneous caster in regards to feat requirements? or both? (i knowthey cant add metamagic spells on the fly, but things like versatile spellcaster are feats which id like to know about)

A 96 Spontaneous.  They just get to change their spell known every day.
Eh, the wizard have more money than them combined, he could in theory just use all his money on a fleet of trained attack mules, but then we aren't playing 3.5 but zergling rushing in Starcraft instead.

Vinom

• Hong Kong
  • Rejoice, Bad things are about to happen!
    • Email
« Reply #314 on: August 29, 2010, 11:08:57 PM »
Q96

A 96 Spontaneous.  They just get to change their spell known every day.
Which means they're one of the most versitile spell casting classes.
A player once asked me if there was any way to make a Tarrasque more evil... 3 sessions later he was stoned with D20s as the PC led an exidus out of the path of a Dire Tarrasque of Legendary Wonder.

Quote from:  Sarda the Sage
You're a quick thinker and spiteful, I can respect that. You won't be killed, Bikke

Never trust a smiling laughing chuckling grinning emotionless drunk, you know what Never Trust a DM!

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature

Pulling off Pun-pun in 26 rounds

N00bs, because all gamers have to start somewhere

"Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from Science!"

Remember, Mobs are at least as stupid as their dumbest member.

dna1

• Hong Kong
  • Im not albino Im just from Alaska
    • Email
« Reply #315 on: August 29, 2010, 11:34:47 PM »
Q 83. Can you dispel magic on a ninas invisibility granted via ki points or w/e?

bump
Slappin ho's like E-Honda

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #316 on: August 30, 2010, 12:08:02 AM »
Q 83. Can you dispel magic on a ninas invisibility granted via ki points or w/e?

bump
Look at the ability type.
Look at the table: http://www.d20srd.org/srd/specialAbilities.htm
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

Endarire

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #317 on: August 30, 2010, 12:37:25 AM »
Q97
The Iron Heart maneuver Mithral Tornado (Tome of Battle 69 and here) states that I make 1 melee attack against each adjacent opponent at +2 accuracy.  How do Cleave and Great Cleave interact with this?

What about the upgraded version, Adamantite Hurricane (Tome of Battle 66)?

Speaking of which:

Vicerious

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
  • Foolish Mortal
    • Email
« Reply #318 on: August 30, 2010, 12:53:23 AM »
Q97
The Iron Heart maneuver Mithral Tornado (Tome of Battle 69 and here) states that I make 1 melee attack against each adjacent opponent at +2 accuracy.  How do Cleave and Great Cleave interact with this?

What about the upgraded version, Adamantite Hurricane (Tome of Battle 66)?

A97
If you drop a creature during the tornado, Cleave would interrupt with an immediate free attack, with the same bonuses on the roll.  Cleave would do it once per round, and Great Cleave would do it every time you dropped an opponent in a round.

Example: Let's say you're surrounded by three orcs.  Your total attack bonus is +10.  You initiate a mithral tornado and attack one orc of your choice.  You roll +12 on your attack roll, hit, and drop him.  You get a free Cleave on the next orc of your choice at +12.  You may now attack either orc with your next tornado attack at +12.  You choose to attack the wounded orc, but miss.  You move on and make your final attack against the remaining orc at +12, hit, and drop him.  If you have Great Cleave, you may now make an extra attack against that wounded orc at +12.
"A witty saying proves nothing." --Voltaire

dna1

• Hong Kong
  • Im not albino Im just from Alaska
    • Email
« Reply #319 on: August 30, 2010, 01:34:07 AM »

bump
Look at the ability type.
Look at the table: http://www.d20srd.org/srd/specialAbilities.htm

yea for some reason I dont have much luck using the srd. thank you for the link. so is the ninja ki stuff. ex,su, or spell like?
Slappin ho's like E-Honda