Author Topic: Simple Q&A 16: Has Anyone Really Been Far Even As ...  (Read 130850 times)

dna1

• Hong Kong
  • Im not albino Im just from Alaska
    • Email
Re: Simple Q&A 16: Has Anyone Really Been Far Even As ...
« Reply #360 on: August 31, 2010, 02:37:12 AM »
Q 118. What is a e6 build? what is e6?
Slappin ho's like E-Honda

Vinom

• Hong Kong
  • Rejoice, Bad things are about to happen!
    • Email
« Reply #361 on: August 31, 2010, 02:41:38 AM »
It's a game type where you stop gaining levels after 6th... but DMs might still let you get feats every time you would level...
Some times you even start at 6th level.
A player once asked me if there was any way to make a Tarrasque more evil... 3 sessions later he was stoned with D20s as the PC led an exidus out of the path of a Dire Tarrasque of Legendary Wonder.

Quote from:  Sarda the Sage
You're a quick thinker and spiteful, I can respect that. You won't be killed, Bikke

Never trust a smiling laughing chuckling grinning emotionless drunk, you know what Never Trust a DM!

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature

Pulling off Pun-pun in 26 rounds

N00bs, because all gamers have to start somewhere

"Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from Science!"

Remember, Mobs are at least as stupid as their dumbest member.

Vicerious

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
  • Foolish Mortal
    • Email
« Reply #362 on: August 31, 2010, 02:47:42 AM »
Q 105 Can a Ranger/Scout swift hunter use a heavy mithral steel shield and still skirmish?
A 105 Unless the weight of the shield brings them up to a medium load, yes.
"A witty saying proves nothing." --Voltaire

dna1

• Hong Kong
  • Im not albino Im just from Alaska
    • Email
« Reply #363 on: August 31, 2010, 02:49:56 AM »
It's a game type where you stop gaining levels after 6th... but DMs might still let you get feats every time you would level...

Is there a link or something I can read? I dont really understand....
Slappin ho's like E-Honda

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #364 on: August 31, 2010, 02:52:43 AM »

Is there a link or something I can read? I dont really understand....
You bet. http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?t=352719

It's based off of the article about how Gandolf was a 5th level wizard, and no more. You still gain xp, but instead of gaining levels after 5th, you gained ability points and feats.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

When God gives you lemons... it's time to find a new God.

Like D&D Freakouts? Check out this 4th Ed one.

Suzerain

• Bi-Curious George
  • is on extended leave
« Reply #365 on: August 31, 2010, 05:29:25 AM »
Q 99 A player is a monk/mystic ranger with the Ascetic Hunter and Improved Two-Weapon feat has the spell Lion's Charge for the pounce. Can he do his flurry of blows at the end of the charge?
Pounce = make full attack at end of charge. Flurry of blows and ITWF kick in when you make a full attack. I don't see why not. Though the interaction of ITWF and flurry of blows is rather complex and I couldn't explain it to you.

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #366 on: August 31, 2010, 06:13:11 AM »
Q 99 A player is a monk/mystic ranger with the Ascetic Hunter and Improved Two-Weapon feat has the spell Lion's Charge for the pounce. Can he do his flurry of blows at the end of the charge?
Pounce = make full attack at end of charge. Flurry of blows and ITWF kick in when you make a full attack. I don't see why not. Though the interaction of ITWF and flurry of blows is rather complex and I couldn't explain it to you.
Yeah. All I'm grateful for is he didn't take GTWF and Snap Kick too. Not that he didn't consider it.

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #367 on: August 31, 2010, 06:35:56 AM »
Q 119 Got a follow-up to the monk/mystic ranger, who's a wood elf btw, and I don't know how I'd answer this exactly. He'd like to gain his spells by that of a deity, but doesn't know who'd be the most beneficial to him. Ranger spells aren't all that grand to some people, but I find that they're fairly versatile so long as you are too. He's LN which means only lawful or neutral deities. Being an elf, I don't see him going with Moradin. Thematically it just doesn't really fit. Obad-hai is N, and his favored weapon is a quarterstaff. That sounds like it'd fit not too terribly. Also, while he has a relic breastplate that'd go well with druids, he's also got a quarterstaff. Ehlonna is NG, but her relics are arrows, and he's more melee based. If he was going Radiant Servant of Pelor, I'd probably push that more, but morningstars aren't exactly monk weapons, but rangers can still use them. Heironeous and St. Cuthbert make a good pair of deities to choose from. Nothing wrong with a +1 holy longsword. Bahamut makes a lot of sense as well since they get natural claws (instead of fists). That monk ability is really nice to have, but I worry about him already having the Monk's Belt, which doesn't stack.

So the question is this. Who's the best deity to choose from overall for a LN character.

carnivore

• Grape ape
« Reply #368 on: August 31, 2010, 07:23:41 AM »
A119
his exact alignment is not too critical since many of the  Deities you mentioned allow several Alignments for thier worshipers .... if he wanted to be a Cleric that would be different(or any class that has Alignment constraints) .... if he already has a Relic, and has activated it... he would be required to have an alignment that corresponds to it... also he should be required to have some attachment to the Patron of the Relic.

also... he can only Flurry with Unarmed Strikes or Special Monk Weapons ... to use a Longsword with Flurry of Blows... requires the Feat: Whirling Steel Strike
[spoiler]Whirling Steel Strike
Type: General
Source: Eberron Campaign Setting

Through monastic weapon training, you have mastered fighting style that makes use of an unusual monk weapon: the longsword.

Prerequisite: Martial Weapon Proficiency (longsword), Weapon Focus (longsword), flurry of blows class feature.
Benefit: You can treat a longsword as a special monk weapon, allowing you to perform a flurry of blows with it.

[/spoiler]

for this character ..... id suggest St. Cuthbert
 :D

cru

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #369 on: August 31, 2010, 10:51:22 AM »
Q 113: If the healer class was changed to add the spells from one domain, chosen at first level, to its spell list and was changed to a spontaneous caster that automatically knows all spells on its list, like beguiler or dread necromancer, what tier would it be in?  What if it added the spells from two or three domains instead of one? 
Access to domain spells, but especially access to an entire domain including domain power would greatly increase Healer's potential to qualify for prestige classes. Prestige classes often offer additional domains, i.e. additional spells, making the resulting character quite flexible. This would overcome one of the primary weaknesses of the class. Of course, there's still the code of conduct thing preventing you from choosing any spells you like. But there are plenty of buffs & utility as domain spells that would make playing the class worthwhile.
Of course, spontaneous casting might cause trouble with applying metamagic feats...

McPoyo

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #370 on: August 31, 2010, 10:51:59 AM »
A112: Aberrations get access to the feats Rapidstrike and Improved Rapidstrike, which instantly make playing a natural attack-based build far more frightening.
More specific to the frightening, Totemists can pick up an insane number of extra natural attacks, and Rapidstrike doesn't specify a single attack type to apply it to. If you have 4-8 natural attacks, rapidstrike increases that a whole lot. Improved makes it even worse.
[Spoiler]
A gygaxian dungeon is like the world's most messed up game show.

Behind door number one: INSTANT DEATH!
Behind door number 2: A magic crown!
Behind door number 3: 4d6 giant bees, and THREE HUNDRED POUNDS OF HONEY!
They don't/haven't, was the point. 3.5 is as dead as people not liking nice tits.

Sometimes, their tits (3.5) get enhancements (houserules), but that doesn't mean people don't like nice tits.

Though sometimes, the surgeon (DM) botches them pretty bad...
Best metaphor I have seen in a long time.  I give you much fu.
Three Errata for the Mage-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Barbarian-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Monks doomed to die,
One for the Wizard on his dark throne
In the Land of Charop where the Shadows lie.
[/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #371 on: August 31, 2010, 10:54:22 AM »
A112: Aberrations get access to the feats Rapidstrike and Improved Rapidstrike, which instantly make playing a natural attack-based build far more frightening.
More specific to the frightening, Totemists can pick up an insane number of extra natural attacks, and Rapidstrike doesn't specify a single attack type to apply it to. If you have 4-8 natural attacks, rapidstrike increases that a whole lot. Improved makes it even worse.
Full Attacks With Every Appendage!
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

McPoyo

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #372 on: August 31, 2010, 10:57:09 AM »
Full Attacks With Every Appendage!
Adding in Warshaper or Symbionts gets scarier, too. Especially with Soul Eater.

I think we need to start using an acronym for that phrase, veekie. FAWEA.
[Spoiler]
A gygaxian dungeon is like the world's most messed up game show.

Behind door number one: INSTANT DEATH!
Behind door number 2: A magic crown!
Behind door number 3: 4d6 giant bees, and THREE HUNDRED POUNDS OF HONEY!
They don't/haven't, was the point. 3.5 is as dead as people not liking nice tits.

Sometimes, their tits (3.5) get enhancements (houserules), but that doesn't mean people don't like nice tits.

Though sometimes, the surgeon (DM) botches them pretty bad...
Best metaphor I have seen in a long time.  I give you much fu.
Three Errata for the Mage-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Barbarian-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Monks doomed to die,
One for the Wizard on his dark throne
In the Land of Charop where the Shadows lie.
[/spoiler]

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #373 on: August 31, 2010, 11:59:02 AM »
A119
for this character ..... id suggest St. Cuthbert :D
Because of the Tabard of the Great Crusade relic? Relics are kind of what he's going for. Don't know about the mace. Not really a monk weapon. It's a simple weapon though. Either way, it's a little too bad about how late in the game you have to wait to get them (15 HD)

something random

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
« Reply #374 on: August 31, 2010, 01:02:46 PM »
Q:120 Can you advance the spellcasting of classes like Mystic Theurge that grant advanced arcane and divine spell casting when you get +1 level of existing arcane spellcasting class?
Am I the only one who's mind was broken when they realized the implication of the existence of the aberration bloodline.

wotmaniac

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Emperor's Enforcer
« Reply #375 on: August 31, 2010, 01:09:10 PM »
Q:120 Can you advance the spellcasting of classes like Mystic Theurge that grant advanced arcane and divine spell casting when you get +1 level of existing arcane spellcasting class?
A120
No. 
Classes that simply give "+1 casting" don't actually give casting; and as such, can only advance casting in a class that actually have a casting progression.
MT does not have its own casting progression, and therefore cannot be advanced by another "+1 casting" PrC.

[spoiler]
If you stop ignoring 289 pages telling what the intent is to stretch "more power" in your own god complexion of your interpretation trumps all to cover ability adjustments from aging then I will ignore a quarter page of rules that exist within a sidebar.
I think in this case the grammar is less important than whether the Str and Dex bonus provided to your created undead scales.

Greenbound Summoning RAI
Expanded Gestalt
More Savage Progressions[/spoiler]
Report any wrongs I have done here.

BeholderSlayer

• Hong Kong
« Reply #376 on: August 31, 2010, 04:13:20 PM »
Q121: I am under the impression that you may only learn stances of a level for which you qualify for the maneuvers of the same level. If a stance has an entry, say, Crusader 6, do you need to be a 6th level Crusader or 11th level?
Hi Welcome
[spoiler]
Allow me to welcome you both with my literal words and with an active display of how much you fit in by being tone deaf, dumb, and uncritical of your babbling myself.[/spoiler]

fuinjutsu

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #377 on: August 31, 2010, 04:23:24 PM »
Q121: I am under the impression that you may only learn stances of a level for which you qualify for the maneuvers of the same level. If a stance has an entry, say, Crusader 6, do you need to be a 6th level Crusader or 11th level?

11th level.  the 6 is it's manuever level, not the initiator level you need.  Copying how spells are listed, like Bard 3, Sorceror/Wizard 3 for Haste.  Confusing, i know.
Eh, the wizard have more money than them combined, he could in theory just use all his money on a fleet of trained attack mules, but then we aren't playing 3.5 but zergling rushing in Starcraft instead.

BeholderSlayer

• Hong Kong
« Reply #378 on: August 31, 2010, 04:25:49 PM »

11th level.  the 6 is it's manuever level, not the initiator level you need.  Copying how spells are listed, like Bard 3, Sorceror/Wizard 3 for Haste.  Confusing, i know.
Thanks, I thought that was the case as well. I just saw somebody post on another forum using a 6th level crusader stance on a build with only 1 level of warblade and 6 of JPM.  ???
Hi Welcome
[spoiler]
Allow me to welcome you both with my literal words and with an active display of how much you fit in by being tone deaf, dumb, and uncritical of your babbling myself.[/spoiler]

fuinjutsu

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #379 on: August 31, 2010, 04:36:03 PM »

Thanks, I thought that was the case as well. I just saw somebody post on another forum using a 6th level crusader stance on a build with only 1 level of warblade and 6 of JPM.  ???

non-initiator clases give 1/2 IL.

A Wujen6/Warblade1/JPM5 has an IL of 9, for example.
Eh, the wizard have more money than them combined, he could in theory just use all his money on a fleet of trained attack mules, but then we aren't playing 3.5 but zergling rushing in Starcraft instead.