Author Topic: Ask a Simple Question 21: Dunkadooballs!  (Read 162151 times)

X-Codes

• Organ Grinder
Re: Ask a Simple Question 21: Dunkadooballs!
« Reply #980 on: January 19, 2011, 07:33:40 AM »
A264 Tactical Warrior 1 (Miniatures Handbook)
Also... Adapable Flanker?  Vexing Flanker?  PHB II, don't remember which one it is.

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #981 on: January 19, 2011, 07:35:27 AM »
A264 Tactical Warrior 1 (Miniatures Handbook)
Also... Adapable Flanker?  Vexing Flanker?  PHB II, don't remember which one it is.
Adaptable. Need BAB +4, Combat Reflexes and Vexing Flanker.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

When God gives you lemons... it's time to find a new God.

Like D&D Freakouts? Check out this 4th Ed one.

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #982 on: January 19, 2011, 09:23:33 AM »
There's also the Island of Blades stance from ToB, which you can get with two feats.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

InnaBinder

• Grape ape
  • OnnaTable
    • Okay - - Your Turn: Monte Cook's Message Board
« Reply #983 on: January 19, 2011, 11:27:26 AM »
A264 continued: Elocater 4 gets the ability, as well.
Winning an argument on the internet is like winning in the Special Olympics.  You won, but you're still retarded.

I made a Handbook!?

snakeman830

• Organ Grinder
  • BG's resident furry min/maxxer
« Reply #984 on: January 19, 2011, 11:51:38 AM »
262: Which Shadow Creature ability is worth the extra +1 LA that the Shadow Creature template gives on top of the Dark Creature template?
There are numerous.  First off, your speeds are all increased by a larger amount.

Shaodw Blend blows the Dark template's Hide in Plain Sight out of the water.  There is no comparison between total concealment and an opposed check.

Shadow Template also scales with level, granting more abilities as you go.  Some of these abilities are crap (DR 5/Magic, Cause Fear 1/day) and others are useful (Fast Healing 2, Mirror Image 1/day, +2 luck bonus to saves).  Dark just doesn't have that.
I am constantly amazed by how many DM's ban Tomb of Battle.  The book doesn't even exist!

Quotes:[spoiler]
By yes, she means no.
That explains so much about my life.
hiicantcomeupwithacharacterthatisntaghostwhyisthatamijustretardedorsomething
Why would you even do this? It hurts my eyes and looks like you ate your keyboard before suffering an attack of explosive diarrhea.
[/spoiler]

If using Genesis to hide your phylactry, set it at -300 degrees farenheit.  See how do-gooders fare with a liquid atmosphere.

Zebu

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
« Reply #985 on: January 19, 2011, 04:11:27 PM »
Q 265 My party of an 8th-level druid and an 8th-level Cleric needs to take down eight Spectres.  All at the same time.  They're going to rise out of the ground tonight and we can't run away.  So, optimizers...  What can we do?  Are there any spells in long-forgotten sourcebooks that'll help?  So far the Cleric plans to use Death Ward, but the damaging spells we've come up with (Spiritual Weapon and Call Lightning) deal so little damage that the Ward will probably expire before the Spectres do.

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #986 on: January 19, 2011, 04:22:00 PM »
Q 265 My party of an 8th-level druid and an 8th-level Cleric needs to take down eight Spectres.  All at the same time.  They're going to rise out of the ground tonight and we can't run away.  So, optimizers...  What can we do?  Are there any spells in long-forgotten sourcebooks that'll help?  So far the Cleric plans to use Death Ward, but the damaging spells we've come up with (Spiritual Weapon and Call Lightning) deal so little damage that the Ward will probably expire before the Spectres do.
Ghost Touch Weapon is a 3rd-level Cleric spell from Spell Compendium. Buff up, wildshape into your baddest combat form, have the cleric cast GTW on your weapons before the Spectres rise, kick ass like the CoDzillas you are. I'm not sure off-hand if GTW applies to natural weapons as well - if it does, just have the Druid wildshape intoa Dire Ape or something instead and wield a weapon.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

cru

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #987 on: January 19, 2011, 04:36:42 PM »
A265 As for blasting, there's Vortex of Teeth, doing 3d8 force for round per level, no save, druid 4 (SpC). Use spiritual weapon, cure spells, melee attacks to mop up.
Use this to find more force spells: http://www.imarvintpa.com/DnDLive/FindSpell.php
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 04:50:05 PM by cru »

Zebu

« Reply #988 on: January 19, 2011, 04:51:58 PM »
A 265
I don't think Ghost Touch Weapon applies to natural attacks; he'll have to get by on Greater Magic Fang.  That can apply to all of his weapons with one casting anyways.  I like the vortex, too, though the "eye" isn't big enough for two people.

But is there anything the cleric can do besides Ward?

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #989 on: January 19, 2011, 04:54:57 PM »
Isn't there some AOE holy water storm spell?

Also, the druid could prepare bone talisman and help with turning.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

Epimetheus

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #990 on: January 19, 2011, 04:55:42 PM »
A 265 Maybe try Hand of the Faithful (Cleric 4 SC). Even if your druid gets stunned by it for a short while, that character becomes immune once a fort save is made, the duration is hours/level, so it should stop some of the spectres from melee attacking you, so long as you stay inside the zone.

It's a good safety zone, at least.

SC has the AoE holy water storms... Although I think they were alignment based.

Monotremeancer

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #991 on: January 19, 2011, 05:04:53 PM »
Isn't there some AOE holy water storm spell?

Also, the druid could prepare bone talisman and help with turning.
The name you are looking for is "Holy Storm", from SpC
Who cares for realism when you can be awesome?

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #992 on: January 19, 2011, 05:13:09 PM »
Who has dibs on starting the next thread?
Planetouched Handbook

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #993 on: January 19, 2011, 05:18:22 PM »
Who has dibs on starting the next thread?
Me.

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #994 on: January 19, 2011, 05:23:52 PM »
A 265
I don't think Ghost Touch Weapon applies to natural attacks; he'll have to get by on Greater Magic Fang.  That can apply to all of his weapons with one casting anyways.  I like the vortex, too, though the "eye" isn't big enough for two people.

Like I said, he can cast GTW on his own weapon, buff up, and go to town like he would do on anyone else. Divine Power, Righteous Might, hell, Divine Favor. Seriously, that's all there is to it, after Death Ward is up, the Spectres are really just a bunch of gimps with shitty hit points, shittier AC, and shitty attacks.
On the Druid, don't bother with Magic Fang, I'd say. Wildshape into a form with opposable thumbs (Dire Ape is the best one that comes to mind), wield a weapon, and have the Cleric cast Ghost Touch Weapon on that too.
If the spectres decide to hover out of range and wait out the duration of Death ward, then Greater Magic Fang becomes useful. Have the Druid Wildshape into a form with lots of natural attacks and the Cleric cast Blood Wind on him to make touch attacks at range.

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #995 on: January 19, 2011, 08:34:59 PM »
A 265

Like I said, he can cast GTW on his own weapon, buff up, and go to town like he would do on anyone else. Divine Power, Righteous Might, hell, Divine Favor. Seriously, that's all there is to it, after Death Ward is up, the Spectres are really just a bunch of gimps with shitty hit points, shittier AC, and shitty attacks.
On the Druid, don't bother with Magic Fang, I'd say. Wildshape into a form with opposable thumbs (Dire Ape is the best one that comes to mind), wield a weapon, and have the Cleric cast Ghost Touch Weapon on that too.
If the spectres decide to hover out of range and wait out the duration of Death ward, then Greater Magic Fang becomes useful. Have the Druid Wildshape into a form with lots of natural attacks and the Cleric cast Blood Wind on him to make touch attacks at range.
Your biggest worry on that is if the specters hang out inside the ground.
Planetouched Handbook

awaken DM golem

• Organ Grinder
  • PAO'd my Avatar
« Reply #996 on: January 19, 2011, 09:02:16 PM »
I now know what Dunkadooball(s) is/are.

{ ... insert my life is complete with Dunkabooballs smiley face ... }

Bortasz

• Email
« Reply #997 on: January 28, 2011, 06:26:05 PM »
Hello :)
I will be play a Pirate Campaign ;] 9 lvl :]

I what ask. What is Best Class and Race for Pirates?
I love Clerics for Hand to Hand Combar and Spell so something similar will be nice... Any Ideas?
Radical Taoist
[spoiler]It bears saying: if up against a logic-impervious DM who thinks Core is balanced and Psionics*  isn't, then the most powerful way to disprove that is to play a C.o.D. (Cleric or Druid). Noncore material will not be necessary unless you are going for pure overkill (Draconic Wildshape? Divine Metamagic?). So by all means, if you must win that argument, take you C.o.D. to town. Annihilate the opposition. Make the NPCs and other players scream "Oh no, it's C.o.D.zilla!!!!!" in badly dubbed English. Breathe radioactive fire. Knock down buildings. Then stomp out of the burning Tokyo that is the ruins of the game and swim off into the ocean, seeking a DM with some basic cognitive functions. [/profile]

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #998 on: January 28, 2011, 06:36:29 PM »
Hello :)
I will be play a Pirate Campaign ;] 9 lvl :]

I what ask. What is Best Class and Race for Pirates?
I love Clerics for Hand to Hand Combar and Spell so something similar will be nice... Any Ideas?
Sorry, dude. This one's closed. Try the other one.