Author Topic: Simple Q&A 16: Has Anyone Really Been Far Even As ...  (Read 130807 times)

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
Re: Simple Q&A 16: Has Anyone Really Been Far Even As ...
« Reply #420 on: September 01, 2010, 04:20:03 PM »
Uncanny forethought.
That seems like someone reading between the lines. My call would be anything that equaled 1 full round or less. A spell that takes an hour likely wouldn't be allowed.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

When God gives you lemons... it's time to find a new God.

Like D&D Freakouts? Check out this 4th Ed one.

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #421 on: September 01, 2010, 04:45:41 PM »
Or Anima Mage.
Gendou Ikari is basically Gregory House in Kaminashades. This is FACT.

For proof, look here:

http://www.layoutjelly.com/image_27/gendo_ikari/

[SPOILER]
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Katana of Enlightenment.
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

I HAVE BROKEN THE 69 INTERNETS BARRIER!

snakeman830

• Organ Grinder
  • BG's resident furry min/maxxer
« Reply #422 on: September 01, 2010, 04:48:16 PM »
Or Anima Mage.
Ending the world as an immediate action since March, 2006
I am constantly amazed by how many DM's ban Tomb of Battle.  The book doesn't even exist!

Quotes:[spoiler]
By yes, she means no.
That explains so much about my life.
hiicantcomeupwithacharacterthatisntaghostwhyisthatamijustretardedorsomething
Why would you even do this? It hurts my eyes and looks like you ate your keyboard before suffering an attack of explosive diarrhea.
[/spoiler]

If using Genesis to hide your phylactry, set it at -300 degrees farenheit.  See how do-gooders fare with a liquid atmosphere.

wotmaniac

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Emperor's Enforcer
« Reply #423 on: September 01, 2010, 05:00:51 PM »
Q133: Using the aerial bombardment rules from Heroes of Battle, is the action of dropping an object on a square considered a free action (dropping an object) or a standard action (an attack)?
A133
the text says that it is a "ranged attack roll".

(in order to try to make sense of that ....):
while, yes, dropping an item is typically a free action, the thing here is that you are actually making a conscious effort to drop it on a specific spot.  this conscious effort involves selecting the target, aiming, choosing the proper timing, etc.  meanwhile, simply dropping an item to free-up a hand includes none of that.

[spoiler]
If you stop ignoring 289 pages telling what the intent is to stretch "more power" in your own god complexion of your interpretation trumps all to cover ability adjustments from aging then I will ignore a quarter page of rules that exist within a sidebar.
I think in this case the grammar is less important than whether the Str and Dex bonus provided to your created undead scales.

Greenbound Summoning RAI
Expanded Gestalt
More Savage Progressions[/spoiler]
Report any wrongs I have done here.

jojolagger

• Hong Kong
« Reply #424 on: September 01, 2010, 05:11:30 PM »
Q 134
Does anyone have a link to the download place for "The Very Best of CO.pdf"?
Countdown to Zombie Apocalypse 97
When you see this, copy it into your sig and -1
:lovefirefox
Quotes [spoiler]
In other words, he thinks there's a "correct" way to play D&D.  *sigh*
There is: Kill shit and loot the corpse!
When you use a tool the way it was designed for -- its intended function -- then it will work very well for you.

But it's not the tool's fault if you use it for something else and you fail utterly, such as trying to eat cereal with a butterknife, pounding nails with a screwdriver, blogging to voice your political opinions, and brushing your teeth with a hammer.
[/spoiler]

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #425 on: September 01, 2010, 05:14:12 PM »
Or Anima Mage.
Ending the world as an immediate action since March, 2006
At 10th level, that's something to be truly frightened of.

KellKheraptis

• Organ Grinder
  • What's the matter? I thought you had me...
    • Email
« Reply #426 on: September 01, 2010, 05:24:59 PM »
Q 125: If another being is a part of you, other than it's feats, do you also gain benefit of it's BAB if it is higher than your own?  Relevant example being an Item Familiar that is intelligent (and thus medium BAB as a construct of your HD).

Reposted from two pages back.
BG's Resident Black Hatter
The Mango List Reborn!
My Warmage Trickery (coming soon!)
My PrC Pally Trickery (coming soon!)
The D&D Archive
-Work in progress!

McPoyo

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #427 on: September 01, 2010, 05:25:59 PM »
Q 125: If another being is a part of you, other than it's feats, do you also gain benefit of it's BAB if it is higher than your own?  Relevant example being an Item Familiar that is intelligent (and thus medium BAB as a construct of your HD).

Only if the item itself is making the attack rolls, not you.

That said, fusion with it might work...
[Spoiler]
A gygaxian dungeon is like the world's most messed up game show.

Behind door number one: INSTANT DEATH!
Behind door number 2: A magic crown!
Behind door number 3: 4d6 giant bees, and THREE HUNDRED POUNDS OF HONEY!
They don't/haven't, was the point. 3.5 is as dead as people not liking nice tits.

Sometimes, their tits (3.5) get enhancements (houserules), but that doesn't mean people don't like nice tits.

Though sometimes, the surgeon (DM) botches them pretty bad...
Best metaphor I have seen in a long time.  I give you much fu.
Three Errata for the Mage-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Barbarian-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Monks doomed to die,
One for the Wizard on his dark throne
In the Land of Charop where the Shadows lie.
[/spoiler]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #428 on: September 01, 2010, 05:28:58 PM »

I don't think so, as only the familiar uses the better of your BAB or the familiar's, you keep your own BAB no matter what. As Poyo said, though, Fusion would work.

Q 135

What templates can change a Pixie or Petal's type to Construct without removing their LA and rendering them unplayable? Dustform works, Half-Golem is iffy, Effigies have no LA. Are there others? The lower LA, the better, of course.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

McPoyo

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #429 on: September 01, 2010, 05:31:17 PM »

I don't think so, as only the familiar uses the better of your BAB or the familiar's, you keep your own BAB no matter what. As Poyo said, though, Fusion would work.

Q 135

What templates can change a Pixie or Petal's type to Construct without removing their LA and rendering them unplayable? Dustform works, Half-Golem is iffy, Effigies have no LA. Are there others? The lower LA, the better, of course.
The problem you'll run into involves the loss of an int score without adding Incarnate Construct to it.

That said, could always do a Body of War -> Polymorph into construct X shenanigan attempts, similar to the beholdermage entry switch.
[Spoiler]
A gygaxian dungeon is like the world's most messed up game show.

Behind door number one: INSTANT DEATH!
Behind door number 2: A magic crown!
Behind door number 3: 4d6 giant bees, and THREE HUNDRED POUNDS OF HONEY!
They don't/haven't, was the point. 3.5 is as dead as people not liking nice tits.

Sometimes, their tits (3.5) get enhancements (houserules), but that doesn't mean people don't like nice tits.

Though sometimes, the surgeon (DM) botches them pretty bad...
Best metaphor I have seen in a long time.  I give you much fu.
Three Errata for the Mage-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Barbarian-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Monks doomed to die,
One for the Wizard on his dark throne
In the Land of Charop where the Shadows lie.
[/spoiler]

TheEndIsNear

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #430 on: September 01, 2010, 05:45:48 PM »
Im sorry but:

Nybor's Joyful Voyage
Conjuration (Teleportation)
Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 7
Components: V
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Touch
Effect: Creature touched
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: Will partial (see text)
Spell Resistance: Yes

This spell functions like teleport, except that it teleports another creature (willing or unwilling) rather than yourself, and the target location is random (you do not need to visualize the destination). Determine the destination with the following table.

d%  Teleport Direction
01-10 North
11-20 Northeast
21-30 East
31-40 Southeast
41-50 South
51-60 Southwest
61-70 West
71-80 Northwest
81-90 Diagonally down (roll again; 80+ means straight down)
91-100 Diagonally up (roll again; 80+ means straight up)

The distance traveled is always 1d100 miles. Upward teleportation means the target arrives in thin air and probably falls to its death. Downward teleportation normally means the target is encased in rock. If the destination is within a solid object, the target takes 1d6 points of damage and is shunted to a random open space on a suitable surface within 100 feet. If no free space exists within 100 feet, the target takes an additional 2d6 points of damage and is shunted to a free space within 1,000 feet. If there is no free space within 1,000 feet, the target is fused with the solid matter and dies instantly.

If the target succeeds at its Will saving throw, the target instead takes 3d6 points of damage +1 point per caster level (maximum +25) from teleportation feedback.

As with all touch spells, you can cast this spell on yourself, using it as an error-prone teleport in an emergency.

Nybor invented this spell as a creative way of dealing with people who bothered her. The "joy" in the spell's name refers to her joy at seeing them leave rather than the target's joy for the journey.

Kuma from onepeice?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ol22fzoJE6s

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Thread Necromancy a Specialty
« Reply #431 on: September 01, 2010, 06:23:55 PM »
Q136: What templates, other than Woodling, Magebred, and Warbeast don't change an Animal's type to a different one? Also, are there any templates that turn your type into Animal?
[spoiler]Fighter: "I can kill a guy in one turn."
Cleric: "I can kill a guy in half a turn."
Wizard: "I can kill a guy before my turn."
Bard: "I can get three idiots to kill guys for me."

On a strange note, would anyone be put out if we had a post about people or events we can spare a thought for, or if its within their creed, a prayer for? Just a random thought, but ... hells I wouldn't have known about either Archangels daughter or Saeomons niece if I didn't happen to be on these threads.
Sounds fine to me.
probably over on "Off-topic".
might want to put a little disclaimer in the first post.

This is the Min/Max board. We should be able to figure out a way to optimize the POWER OF PRAYER(TM) that doesn't involve "Pazuzu, Pazuzu, Pazuzu".
[/spoiler]

My final project for my film independent study course. It could do with a watching and critiquing

snakeman830

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #432 on: September 01, 2010, 06:50:17 PM »
Q136: What templates, other than Woodling, Magebred, and Warbeast don't change an Animal's type to a different one? Also, are there any templates that turn your type into Animal?
Paragon, at least, doesn't change type.  Avoid unless you want flying dice and books (animals smarter than most people is the result)

Titanic and Horrid don't change type either.
I am constantly amazed by how many DM's ban Tomb of Battle.  The book doesn't even exist!

By yes, she means no.
Why would you even do this? It hurts my eyes and looks like you ate your keyboard before suffering an attack of explosive diarrhea.
[/spoiler]

If using Genesis to hide your phylactry, set it at -300 degrees farenheit.  See how do-gooders fare with a liquid atmosphere.

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #433 on: September 01, 2010, 07:21:24 PM »
Im sorry but:

Kuma from onepeice?

Good one. Makes me wonder how epic level he is since all of the straw hats failed their save.

Sobolev

• Donkey Kong
« Reply #434 on: September 01, 2010, 07:28:17 PM »
Im sorry but:

Kuma from onepeice?

Good one. Makes me wonder how epic level he is since all of the straw hats failed their save.

Not very, One Piece has the same problem a lot of anime has, you have to lose overwhelmingly the first time you meet ANYONE.  Ex: DBZ, Naruto, etc.
Sha'ir Handbook
Binder Handbook

Quote from: Negative Zero on November 04, 2009, 02:16:14 AM
In my humble opinion, CO is haberdashery. Some say we're mad, but we can all agree we're hatters. Yes, we have potential to make very sophisticated hats, very fancy hats, be they dark or light. But the truth is that the color of the hat does not come from the group of us - our community doesn't directly produce hats. We simply give average head circumferences, list current fashion trends, and point out some shiny, obscure baubles to add to the latest hat line.

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #435 on: September 01, 2010, 07:33:02 PM »
Im sorry but:

Kuma from onepeice?

Not very, One Piece has the same problem a lot of anime has, you have to lose overwhelmingly the first time you meet ANYONE.  Ex: DBZ, Naruto, etc.
True, but unlike Naruto, Bleach, and DBZ you don't train for two solid years afterwards to get stronger than when you were last defeated. It's always training beforehand, or finding an extra time dimension to get 1 year's worth of training in mere hours.

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #436 on: September 01, 2010, 07:42:52 PM »
Im sorry but:

Kuma from onepeice?

Yeah, but that depends on the pacing of the anime in question. With DBZ it's easy to identify the pattern. Fight, lose, somebody dies, train, fight again, win, ressurrect, repeat.
Gendou Ikari is basically Gregory House in Kaminashades. This is FACT.

For proof, look here:

http://www.layoutjelly.com/image_27/gendo_ikari/

[SPOILER]
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Katana of Enlightenment.
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

I HAVE BROKEN THE 69 INTERNETS BARRIER!

Hitoshura

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
« Reply #437 on: September 01, 2010, 09:29:38 PM »
Q137: Is there any form i can shapechange into which gives me long distance teleportation? Teleport is enough... I'm a Druid, and Word of Recall seems pretty restricted (still, life-saver)

snakeman830

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #438 on: September 01, 2010, 09:30:56 PM »
Q137: Is there any form i can shapechange into which gives me long distance teleportation? Teleport is enough... I'm a Druid, and Word of Recall seems pretty restricted (still, life-saver)
A lot of the MM1 Outsiders have Greater Teleport as a Supernatural ability useable at-will (self and 50 lbs of objects only).

By yes, she means no.
[/spoiler]

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Thread Necromancy a Specialty
« Reply #439 on: September 01, 2010, 10:32:42 PM »
Q138: If I were a kobold, let's say, and I bought an Aptitude Necklace of Natural Attacks, and then took the feat Eagle's Fury, would I get 4 claw attacks at -2 instead of 2 at no penalty?
[spoiler]Fighter: "I can kill a guy in one turn."
Cleric: "I can kill a guy in half a turn."
Wizard: "I can kill a guy before my turn."
Bard: "I can get three idiots to kill guys for me."

On a strange note, would anyone be put out if we had a post about people or events we can spare a thought for, or if its within their creed, a prayer for? Just a random thought, but ... hells I wouldn't have known about either Archangels daughter or Saeomons niece if I didn't happen to be on these threads.
Sounds fine to me.
probably over on "Off-topic".
might want to put a little disclaimer in the first post.

This is the Min/Max board. We should be able to figure out a way to optimize the POWER OF PRAYER(TM) that doesn't involve "Pazuzu, Pazuzu, Pazuzu".
[/spoiler]

My final project for my film independent study course. It could do with a watching and critiquing