Author Topic: Ask a Simple Question 25: Welcome to DIE!  (Read 160359 times)

Bauglir

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • TriOptimum
Re: Ask a Simple Question 25: Welcome to DIE!
« Reply #560 on: June 18, 2011, 04:27:01 PM »
Q221

Can a touch-range spell be delivered through any natural attack, or just an unarmed strike?
So you end up stuck in an endless loop, unable to act, forever.

In retrospect, much like Keanu Reeves.

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
« Reply #561 on: June 18, 2011, 05:18:10 PM »
Q221

Can a touch-range spell be delivered through any natural attack, or just an unarmed strike?

A221: RAW says any touch can deliver it, so I'd assume a natural weapon can do it.

The problem is RAW says any touch can deliver it, such as when your eyelids touch when you blink.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

dark_samuari

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #562 on: June 18, 2011, 07:02:51 PM »
Question 222

So I'm attempting to build a flying car for my campaign setting and right now the price looks manageable, but I have a concerned question. Is everything okay and legit with applying the fly spell to a coach/carriage?

And if so what are the limits for applying the spell to a larger vehicle/vessel?

EDIT:

Question 223

Regarding the Flame Blade spell I have two questions. Because it functions for all intentions like a scimitar would a character still be able to power attack with it? Follow up, would Intuitive Strike work with it (as Intuitive Strike is limited to simple weapons but the item in focus is a spell)?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 08:02:01 PM by dark_samuari »

snakeman830

• Organ Grinder
  • BG's resident furry min/maxxer
« Reply #563 on: June 18, 2011, 08:02:59 PM »
Q 220Does the Warforged Artificer's racial substitution ability Tools of War, apply to warforged components?
So long as they are considered weapons, shields, or armor, yes.
I am constantly amazed by how many DM's ban Tomb of Battle.  The book doesn't even exist!

Quotes:[spoiler]
By yes, she means no.
That explains so much about my life.
hiicantcomeupwithacharacterthatisntaghostwhyisthatamijustretardedorsomething
Why would you even do this? It hurts my eyes and looks like you ate your keyboard before suffering an attack of explosive diarrhea.
[/spoiler]

If using Genesis to hide your phylactry, set it at -300 degrees farenheit.  See how do-gooders fare with a liquid atmosphere.

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #564 on: June 19, 2011, 02:14:14 AM »
Q 214 Reading Dragon 355, and looking at the maedar, if it was killed, how would you go about stating up the glyptar he becomes?
Link, and scroll to bottom for more info on the glyptar. http://creaturecatalog.enworld.org/converted/view_c.php?CreatureID=798

Q 223 Giving a player's PC a free +1 LA, and she's chosen to have God-Blooded. Her backstory will be the daughter of Thor from Asguard. I don't really want to make anything up on the spot if I don't need to, so would taking Kord's God-Blooded ability work if I just fluffed it? Would using his make sense?

Q 224 Sort of a Pathfinder question. We're mixing the two systems together so we have less skills to worry about (and the core classes are better), but there's no concentration. One player's come across a few feats that he would like, but they require concentration. Looking around, he did find a psionic feat that got changed from Concentration to Autohypnosis. Without forcing Concentration back into the skill list, and changing the rules in the game, would it make sense to just substitute Concentration and Autohypnosis?
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

When God gives you lemons... it's time to find a new God.

Like D&D Freakouts? Check out this 4th Ed one.

zook1shoe

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #565 on: June 19, 2011, 02:43:54 AM »
A223 sounds like that's solid

dark_samuari

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #566 on: June 19, 2011, 02:59:40 AM »
Q 223 Giving a player's PC a free +1 LA, and she's chosen to have God-Blooded. Her backstory will be the daughter of Thor from Asguard. I don't really want to make anything up on the spot if I don't need to, so would taking Kord's God-Blooded ability work if I just fluffed it? Would using his make sense?

Are you giving her anything in addition to that, because she might feel cheated a little bit. I'd say if you are looking for a nice but not too powerful ability say her vision is never obscured by weather conditions.

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #567 on: June 19, 2011, 03:10:39 AM »

Are you giving her anything in addition to that, because she might feel cheated a little bit. I'd say if you are looking for a nice but not too powerful ability say her vision is never obscured by weather conditions.
She's a new player. She won't feel cheated at all considering she's getting an LA for free, and has no idea that I'm doing it. So's the half giant and tiefling. Just trying to balance them a bit. Truth be told, even Thor's vision is obscured by weather conditions unless he uses a wind spell.

zook1shoe

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #568 on: June 19, 2011, 04:48:15 AM »
Maybe instead, give her legacy weapon like a big hammer. But reduce or negate those stupid legacy item penalties.

Genesis

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #569 on: June 19, 2011, 04:50:31 AM »
Q225: I'm looking for a source. Fabricate, Greater. I know it exists, but I can't find it on my index, and google is being unhelpful. what book? And not the psionic version. Thanks!

GawainBS

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #570 on: June 19, 2011, 05:17:24 AM »
A 224: Replace Concentration with either Autohypnosis, Spellcraft, Psicraft or Blade Lore, depending on the usage.

Hitoshura

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
« Reply #571 on: June 19, 2011, 05:20:46 AM »
Q 226. In a Gestalt Wizard/Duskblade, what are the best Arcane Channeling Spells?

zook1shoe

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #572 on: June 19, 2011, 05:21:48 AM »
A225 all I see is a homebrew Greater Fabricate

Q227 How would Aptitude harpoons work with Boomerang Ricochet
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 05:27:00 AM by zook1shoe »

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #573 on: June 19, 2011, 11:04:46 AM »
A225 all I see is a homebrew Greater Fabricate

Q227 How would Aptitude harpoons work with Boomerang Ricochet

A277: They automatically dislodge themselves and deal damage again, then deal damage to the next target.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #574 on: June 19, 2011, 12:41:32 PM »
Maybe instead, give her legacy weapon like a big hammer. But reduce or negate those stupid legacy item penalties.
Already done. There's a supplement called Legendary Weapons.

Necrosnoop110

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
    • Email
« Reply #575 on: June 19, 2011, 01:00:43 PM »
Q228 How do Duskblades have access to spells that are not listed on their spell list in The Players Handbook II (pg 98)?

(For instance in the Duskblade Handbook Spellcaster section I see Dictum Mortuum advising the would be Duskblade to select Chill Touch as a 1st level spell but call me stupid I cannot seem to understand how he is getting access to Chill Touch when it is not on his spell list on pg 98?)

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #576 on: June 19, 2011, 01:03:22 PM »
Q228 How do Duskblades have access to spells that are not listed on their spell list in The Players Handbook II (pg 98)?

(For instance in the Duskblade Handbook Spellcaster section I see Dictum Mortuum advising the would be Duskblade to select Chill Touch as a 1st level spell but call me stupid I cannot seem to understand how he is getting access to Chill Touch when it is not on his spell list on pg 98?)
It's because it's on page 24 of PHBII. That's where the list is. Page 98 is where the new spells are explained.

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #577 on: June 19, 2011, 01:38:19 PM »
It's because it's on page 24 of PHBII. That's where the list is. Page 98 is where the new spells are explained.

I think the Duskblade has the award for worst placement of his spell list.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #578 on: June 19, 2011, 01:39:02 PM »
It's definitely up there, yeah.

betrayor

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #579 on: June 19, 2011, 02:03:50 PM »
It's definitely up there, yeah.
What is funny is that in the same book there is the beguiler who has its spelllist in the same manner as Duskblade but noone ever complains about it.....