Author Topic: Ask a Simple Question 25: Welcome to DIE!  (Read 160182 times)

Ithamar

• Hong Kong
  • PM me if you're interested in some Arena action!
Re: Ask a Simple Question 25: Welcome to DIE!
« Reply #360 on: June 06, 2011, 03:45:06 PM »
Polymorph stuff:  Polymorph specifically does change your type & subtype to match your intended shape.  You would, however, gain the [Augmented Humanoid] subtype while in your different form.  Also, Polymorph will already let you be something Huge size.  That size limiting part of Alter Self does not actually apply.  That was clarified in the FAQ (and maybe in Rules Compendium as well).
Are you worthy of Ascension?
Always accepting gladiators!  Now with a new and improved rule set!

Hitoshura

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
« Reply #361 on: June 06, 2011, 03:52:35 PM »
Q.131 -  Will an undead get bonus/penaltys from getting old? A 56 years old Lich Human, for example, will he have +2 Int/Wis/Cha? If yes, what about -3 Str/Dex?

Ithamar

• Hong Kong
« Reply #362 on: June 06, 2011, 03:57:57 PM »
If he was old prior to becoming a lich, yes he'll have the stat bonus & penalties.  But once he is a lich, he stops aging.

GawainBS

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #363 on: June 06, 2011, 05:23:15 PM »
Polymorph stuff:  Polymorph specifically does change your type & subtype to match your intended shape.  You would, however, gain the [Augmented Humanoid] subtype while in your different form.  Also, Polymorph will already let you be something Huge size.  That size limiting part of Alter Self does not actually apply.  That was clarified in the FAQ (and maybe in Rules Compendium as well).

Great, thanks!

Hitoshura

« Reply #364 on: June 06, 2011, 08:21:52 PM »
Thanks, Ithamar.

Q.132 - How do i make my Dragon Familiar one size Bigger or myself one size lower? I kinda want to mount it, but none of them are humanoid for the classical spells to work.

Ithamar

• Hong Kong
« Reply #365 on: June 06, 2011, 09:08:54 PM »
A132:  Actually, you can probably just use Enlarge Person:
Quote from: Familiars
Share Spells:.

Q133:  The Nilshai from Unapproachable East have the Fiercesome Celerity ability, which is obviously 3.0 material.  Any updates to it?  The WotC web site was unhelpful.

kharmakazy

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #366 on: June 07, 2011, 12:27:29 AM »
Q134 White Raven tactics, If you pick it up due to class levels in say.. warblade, Can you use it twice before readying it again through the use of one of the maneuver granting magic items?

Talore

• Viking Skald
    • Email
« Reply #367 on: June 07, 2011, 01:06:39 AM »
Q134 White Raven tactics, If you pick it up due to class levels in say.. warblade, Can you use it twice before readying it again through the use of one of the maneuver granting magic items?
A134: No, the items explicitly say that if you have martial initiator levels, the maneuver learnt is added to your repetoire, and is not given as a free 1 per enounter.
Backseat moderator (voice) -_-

zook1shoe

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #368 on: June 07, 2011, 01:24:37 AM »
A133 Ith, I don't see anything in the errata or other updates.... one of many things to slip through the crack.

Mixster

• Grape ape
« Reply #369 on: June 07, 2011, 08:55:03 AM »
Q135 I've seen a lot of use of CoP to predict the future, like asking what is going to happen tomorrow and prepare accordingly. However, I can't find out where it says this is allowed?
Monks are pretty much the best designed class ever.

JaronK

Meep Meep - Mixster out

McPoyo

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #370 on: June 07, 2011, 01:47:57 PM »
Q135 I've seen a lot of use of CoP to predict the future, like asking what is going to happen tomorrow and prepare accordingly. However, I can't find out where it says this is allowed?
you essentially word your questions like a binary engine, almost 20 Questuons-like, so that through one word answers you eventually divine the upcoming threats to yourself.
[Spoiler]
A gygaxian dungeon is like the world's most messed up game show.

Behind door number one: INSTANT DEATH!
Behind door number 2: A magic crown!
Behind door number 3: 4d6 giant bees, and THREE HUNDRED POUNDS OF HONEY!
They don't/haven't, was the point. 3.5 is as dead as people not liking nice tits.

Sometimes, their tits (3.5) get enhancements (houserules), but that doesn't mean people don't like nice tits.

Though sometimes, the surgeon (DM) botches them pretty bad...
Best metaphor I have seen in a long time.  I give you much fu.
Three Errata for the Mage-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Barbarian-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Monks doomed to die,
One for the Wizard on his dark throne
In the Land of Charop where the Shadows lie.
[/spoiler]

PlzBreakMyCampaign

• Hong Kong
  • Immune to Critical Hits as a Fairness Elemental
« Reply #371 on: June 07, 2011, 01:57:31 PM »
Q136: Besides AMF, is there any way to be immune to Su abilities? Hopefully noncaster-ish ways
[Spoiler]
An interesting read, nice to see a civil discussion
The point of Spell Resistance is to make it harder to get buffed.
And healed. Don't forget that.
Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.
[/Spoiler]

Old Geezer's Law of Hobby Taste: The more objectively inconsequential a hobby is, the more disagreements within the community will be expressed in outrageously insulting, overblown, and ludicrously emotionally laden terms.

More Funny than Humble[Spoiler]
Quote from: PlzBreakMyCampaign
Your a shifter... you have all you ever need.
It blows MoMF out of the water

But if your greedy for more [Wish] for something that only effects you, like another class level or two that doesn't count against your ECL.
Quote from: hungryhungryhippo987
Yes, I'm the 3.0 "Masters of the Wild" shifter, the awesome kind. My favorite form to take is Force Dragon. Yes, I am immortal ... My character is hands down the coolest guy in the campaign and there is nothing I could possibly want.
PBMC gets a cookie for DotA r

snakeman830

• Organ Grinder
  • BG's resident furry min/maxxer
« Reply #372 on: June 07, 2011, 02:41:43 PM »
Q136: Besides AMF, is there any way to be immune to Su abilities? Hopefully noncaster-ish ways
Be a Dragonbone/Drakestone/Ironwrym golem.
I am constantly amazed by how many DM's ban Tomb of Battle.  The book doesn't even exist!

Quotes:[spoiler]
By yes, she means no.
That explains so much about my life.
hiicantcomeupwithacharacterthatisntaghostwhyisthatamijustretardedorsomething
Why would you even do this? It hurts my eyes and looks like you ate your keyboard before suffering an attack of explosive diarrhea.
[/spoiler]

If using Genesis to hide your phylactry, set it at -300 degrees farenheit.  See how do-gooders fare with a liquid atmosphere.

Littha

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #373 on: June 07, 2011, 02:44:17 PM »
Be a Dragonbone/Drakestone/Ironwrym golem.

or half golem, which can arguably be bought by a pc using your wbl

Vinom

• Hong Kong
  • Rejoice, Bad things are about to happen!
    • Email
« Reply #374 on: June 07, 2011, 02:45:58 PM »
Q 137: I'm making a caster in a stormwrack piracy game... is there a manual or handbook on weather magics, since it seems like he who controls the skys controls the seas?
A player once asked me if there was any way to make a Tarrasque more evil... 3 sessions later he was stoned with D20s as the PC led an exidus out of the path of a Dire Tarrasque of Legendary Wonder.

Quote from:  Sarda the Sage
You're a quick thinker and spiteful, I can respect that. You won't be killed, Bikke

Never trust a smiling laughing chuckling grinning emotionless drunk, you know what Never Trust a DM!

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature

Pulling off Pun-pun in 26 rounds

N00bs, because all gamers have to start somewhere

"Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from Science!"

Remember, Mobs are at least as stupid as their dumbest member.

Littha

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #375 on: June 07, 2011, 03:18:14 PM »
Q 137: I'm making a caster in a stormwrack piracy game... is there a manual or handbook on weather magics, since it seems like he who controls the skys controls the seas?

There are several druid handbooks about that might have some information of the kind... other than that there is always the stormlord prc.

Shiki

• King Kong
  • Mindraped
« Reply #376 on: June 07, 2011, 03:19:25 PM »

To my knowledge there's none; I did some research for a similar game before, to no avail. I may be wrong though.

With that said, you may want to skim through Druid spells. :p
"An ally of truth."

Soundtrack of the week:
Kagamine Rin - Antichlorobenzene (ft. Kagamine Ren)

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #377 on: June 07, 2011, 04:20:57 PM »
Q138: Technically, it's a Pathfinder question, but what the hey.

What are ways for a mundane character (I.E. not a spellcaster) to inflict fear other than the use of Intimidate in Pathfinder? Preferrably with as little dipping as possible.
Gendou Ikari is basically Gregory House in Kaminashades. This is FACT.

For proof, look here:

http://www.layoutjelly.com/image_27/gendo_ikari/

[SPOILER]
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Katana of Enlightenment.
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

I HAVE BROKEN THE 69 INTERNETS BARRIER!

PlzBreakMyCampaign

• Hong Kong
  • Immune to Critical Hits as a Fairness Elemental
« Reply #378 on: June 07, 2011, 06:18:00 PM »
Q139: Is there any way to make an Su count as a spell? Like an inverse supernatural spell or something.
[Spoiler]
An interesting read, nice to see a civil discussion
The point of Spell Resistance is to make it harder to get buffed.
And healed. Don't forget that.
Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.
[/Spoiler]

Old Geezer's Law of Hobby Taste: The more objectively inconsequential a hobby is, the more disagreements within the community will be expressed in outrageously insulting, overblown, and ludicrously emotionally laden terms.

More Funny than Humble[Spoiler]
Quote from: PlzBreakMyCampaign
Your a shifter... you have all you ever need.
It blows MoMF out of the water

But if your greedy for more [Wish] for something that only effects you, like another class level or two that doesn't count against your ECL.
Quote from: hungryhungryhippo987
Yes, I'm the 3.0 "Masters of the Wild" shifter, the awesome kind. My favorite form to take is Force Dragon. Yes, I am immortal ... My character is hands down the coolest guy in the campaign and there is nothing I could possibly want.
PBMC gets a cookie for DotA r

Mixster

• Grape ape
« Reply #379 on: June 07, 2011, 09:11:17 PM »
you essentially word your questions like a binary engine, almost 20 Questuons-like, so that through one word answers you eventually divine the upcoming threats to yourself.

But it says nothing about the ability to answer a question about the future. Only answers questions that are true right now, how do I get around that?
Monks are pretty much the best designed class ever.

JaronK

Meep Meep - Mixster out