Author Topic: Ask a Simple Question 25: Welcome to DIE!  (Read 160360 times)

zook1shoe

• King Kong
    • Email
Re: Ask a Simple Question 25: Welcome to DIE!
« Reply #940 on: July 04, 2011, 06:36:44 AM »
A230 you get Trapfinding and the replaced ACF

Risada

• Grape ape
  • Wearing this outfit in the name of SCIENCE!
    • Email
« Reply #941 on: July 04, 2011, 10:48:06 AM »
Q331 Does the extra d6 of damage from a lesser crystal of energy assault (MIC) get multiplied on a crit?

wotmaniac

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Emperor's Enforcer
« Reply #942 on: July 04, 2011, 11:04:12 AM »
Q331 Does the extra d6 of damage from a lesser crystal of energy assault (MIC) get multiplied on a crit?
it doesn't.
static damage multiplies; variable damage does not (unless specifically noted otherwise)

[spoiler]
If you stop ignoring 289 pages telling what the intent is to stretch "more power" in your own god complexion of your interpretation trumps all to cover ability adjustments from aging then I will ignore a quarter page of rules that exist within a sidebar.
I think in this case the grammar is less important than whether the Str and Dex bonus provided to your created undead scales.

Greenbound Summoning RAI
Expanded Gestalt
More Savage Progressions[/spoiler]
Report any wrongs I have done here.

weenog

• Grape ape
« Reply #943 on: July 04, 2011, 11:39:33 AM »
it doesn't.
static damage multiplies; variable damage does not (unless specifically noted otherwise)

Q332:  So what happens if a rogue/wizard with Craven and Empower Spell lands a 2d6+10 sneak attack with a 4d6 Scorching Ray and it's empowered, and it goes critical?
"We managed to make an NPC puke an undead monster."
"That sounds like a victory to me."

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #944 on: July 04, 2011, 01:08:33 PM »
Q 333 Is there an ACF other than Antiquarian for trapfinding?
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

When God gives you lemons... it's time to find a new God.

Like D&D Freakouts? Check out this 4th Ed one.

snakeman830

• Organ Grinder
  • BG's resident furry min/maxxer
« Reply #945 on: July 04, 2011, 01:28:14 PM »
Q 329 I know that you can draw a sheathed weapon during a move action (as in while you're moving towards your target), but can a soulknife create their blade during that same move action? Or, do you have to create the blade as a move action, then use your standard action as a move action? Basically, can a low level soulknife charge and make their weapon at the same time?

RAW, no, since you're not drawing the weapon.  Instead you're creating it.

However, it definitely would not unbalance anything to allow them to do so.  That poor class needs something resembling a bone.
I am constantly amazed by how many DM's ban Tomb of Battle.  The book doesn't even exist!

Quotes:[spoiler]
By yes, she means no.
That explains so much about my life.
hiicantcomeupwithacharacterthatisntaghostwhyisthatamijustretardedorsomething
Why would you even do this? It hurts my eyes and looks like you ate your keyboard before suffering an attack of explosive diarrhea.
[/spoiler]

If using Genesis to hide your phylactry, set it at -300 degrees farenheit.  See how do-gooders fare with a liquid atmosphere.

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #946 on: July 04, 2011, 01:29:54 PM »
Q 329 I know that you can draw a sheathed weapon during a move action (as in while you're moving towards your target), but can a soulknife create their blade during that same move action? Or, do you have to create the blade as a move action, then use your standard action as a move action? Basically, can a low level soulknife charge and make their weapon at the same time?

RAW, no, since you're not drawing the weapon.  Instead you're creating it.

However, it definitely would not unbalance anything to allow them to do so.  That poor class needs something resembling a bone.
I was wondering. We didn't know how to do it last night so I just house ruled it on the spot that he had do a Concentration check at 10 to create it while moving in combat.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

When God gives you lemons... it's time to find a new God.

Like D&D Freakouts? Check out this 4th Ed one.

kharmakazy

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #947 on: July 04, 2011, 01:41:34 PM »
Q319 Is there some way to attack with a glyph of warding actively? (im eying Fang Trap from serpent kingdoms)
Namely, could I cast it on tiny containers and throw them at people to activate them, since if they were fragile enough, they would indeed open, or does the foe have to actively open the container

Bard

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
« Reply #948 on: July 04, 2011, 02:20:41 PM »
Q334 Double Weapon with reach? (not needed at the same time, but at last being able to switch without using any action) Even considering feats, from all (official/licensed) sources.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 02:35:49 PM by Bard »
[Spoiler]
His old DM was on crack. He could take levels in freaking Dread Necromancer if he wanted to and no rule in the universe would keep him from doing so.
Rule 0?
Which, I guess, would be 'no rule,' since none = 0.
What's funny is he always brings up Rule 0. I actually had to ask him what that was, and without blinking an eye he gave me the most detailed explanation I'd ever heard for a rule. It was like he was in a trance when he spoke. Looking it up, it just said "The unspoken DM gets final say/veto anything he wants rule."
You're such a kind man, for taking in abused unfortunates and rehabilitating them.
[/spoiler]

snakeman830

• Organ Grinder
  • BG's resident furry min/maxxer
« Reply #949 on: July 04, 2011, 02:41:00 PM »
Q334 Double Weapon with reach? (not needed at the same time, but at last being able to switch without using any action) Even considering feats, from all (official/licensed) sources.
Longstaff from Complete Adventurer, I believe.
I am constantly amazed by how many DM's ban Tomb of Battle.  The book doesn't even exist!

Quotes:[spoiler]
By yes, she means no.
That explains so much about my life.
hiicantcomeupwithacharacterthatisntaghostwhyisthatamijustretardedorsomething
Why would you even do this? It hurts my eyes and looks like you ate your keyboard before suffering an attack of explosive diarrhea.
[/spoiler]

If using Genesis to hide your phylactry, set it at -300 degrees farenheit.  See how do-gooders fare with a liquid atmosphere.

PlzBreakMyCampaign

• Hong Kong
  • Immune to Critical Hits as a Fairness Elemental
« Reply #950 on: July 04, 2011, 03:20:44 PM »
310: Which feat is it that allows a character to go into -15hp before dying, rather than -10hp. I thought it was diehard but it isn't...
Q322: where is that thread with the list of epic feats that an aged kobold could qualify for and actually use?
Megabump
[Spoiler]
An interesting read, nice to see a civil discussion
The point of Spell Resistance is to make it harder to get buffed.
And healed. Don't forget that.
Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.
[/Spoiler]

Old Geezer's Law of Hobby Taste: The more objectively inconsequential a hobby is, the more disagreements within the community will be expressed in outrageously insulting, overblown, and ludicrously emotionally laden terms.

More Funny than Humble[Spoiler]
Quote from: PlzBreakMyCampaign
Your a shifter... you have all you ever need.
It blows MoMF out of the water

But if your greedy for more [Wish] for something that only effects you, like another class level or two that doesn't count against your ECL.
Quote from: hungryhungryhippo987
Yes, I'm the 3.0 "Masters of the Wild" shifter, the awesome kind. My favorite form to take is Force Dragon. Yes, I am immortal ... My character is hands down the coolest guy in the campaign and there is nothing I could possibly want.
PBMC gets a cookie for DotA r

Bard

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
« Reply #951 on: July 04, 2011, 03:25:36 PM »
Longstaff from Complete Adventurer, I believe.
Nope, no reach, it's the same as a normal Quarterstaff plus some bonuses against flanking
[Spoiler]
His old DM was on crack. He could take levels in freaking Dread Necromancer if he wanted to and no rule in the universe would keep him from doing so.
Rule 0?
Which, I guess, would be 'no rule,' since none = 0.
What's funny is he always brings up Rule 0. I actually had to ask him what that was, and without blinking an eye he gave me the most detailed explanation I'd ever heard for a rule. It was like he was in a trance when he spoke. Looking it up, it just said "The unspoken DM gets final say/veto anything he wants rule."
You're such a kind man, for taking in abused unfortunates and rehabilitating them.
[/spoiler]

ImperatorK

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #952 on: July 04, 2011, 04:15:14 PM »
Q327: Can someone please post a link to the pdf with all the additional vestiges for binders? I know it was somewhere, but I can't find it anywhere. :(
EDIT: I found it but I can't download it. Is there a downloadable version somewhere?
Bump.
"I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!"
"Take less damage to avoid being killed."
"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

[spoiler]
Quote from: Lateral
Or you could just be a cleric of an ideal. Like, physics and say that the domain choices reflect potential and kinetic energy.

Plus, where other clerics say "For Pelor," "For Nerull," or "For Crom?" You get to say, "FOR SCIENCE!" *fanfare*

About me:
Quote from: dark_samuari
I know your game, you just want a magical Amazon.com to knock off those good ol' honest magic shops run by polite, old wizards!
Use Iron Heart Surge on the sun. That'll teach him to use fluff as RAW.

Damn you! You totally ruined my build that was all about getting epic far shot early and throwing my enemies into the sun!
[/spoiler]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #953 on: July 04, 2011, 04:20:43 PM »
Q327: Can someone please post a link to the pdf with all the additional vestiges for binders? I know it was somewhere, but I can't find it anywhere. :(
EDIT: I found it but I can't download it. Is there a downloadable version somewhere?
Bump.
I actually uploaded it for unrelated reasons a few days ago; let me know if this link works. If it doesn't, I'll upload it to somewhere else.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

ImperatorK

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #954 on: July 04, 2011, 04:54:55 PM »
It works for me. Thanks.
"I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!"
"Take less damage to avoid being killed."
"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

[spoiler]
Quote from: Lateral
Or you could just be a cleric of an ideal. Like, physics and say that the domain choices reflect potential and kinetic energy.

Plus, where other clerics say "For Pelor," "For Nerull," or "For Crom?" You get to say, "FOR SCIENCE!" *fanfare*

About me:
Quote from: dark_samuari
I know your game, you just want a magical Amazon.com to knock off those good ol' honest magic shops run by polite, old wizards!
Use Iron Heart Surge on the sun. That'll teach him to use fluff as RAW.

Damn you! You totally ruined my build that was all about getting epic far shot early and throwing my enemies into the sun!
[/spoiler]

zook1shoe

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #955 on: July 04, 2011, 06:48:03 PM »
Q 333 Is there an ACF other than Antiquarian for trapfinding?

Poison Use (Drow of the Underdark)
Mimic (Exemplars of Evil)

heroicraptor

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #956 on: July 04, 2011, 07:23:55 PM »
Kusari-gama from Oriental Adventures.

Vinom

• Hong Kong
  • Rejoice, Bad things are about to happen!
    • Email
« Reply #957 on: July 04, 2011, 07:55:04 PM »
Q323: Is there any bear-ish paladin mount?
The closest thing like that I know about is a Bearhound, MM3

Q 320: If I create a magic item of Heroics : Weapon Specialization, does that mean I get the benefit of the feat if a make a DC 24 UMD check?
Bump
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 08:04:58 PM by Vinom »
A player once asked me if there was any way to make a Tarrasque more evil... 3 sessions later he was stoned with D20s as the PC led an exidus out of the path of a Dire Tarrasque of Legendary Wonder.

Quote from:  Sarda the Sage
You're a quick thinker and spiteful, I can respect that. You won't be killed, Bikke

Never trust a smiling laughing chuckling grinning emotionless drunk, you know what Never Trust a DM!

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature

Pulling off Pun-pun in 26 rounds

N00bs, because all gamers have to start somewhere

"Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from Science!"

Remember, Mobs are at least as stupid as their dumbest member.

PlzBreakMyCampaign

• Hong Kong
  • Immune to Critical Hits as a Fairness Elemental
« Reply #958 on: July 04, 2011, 10:26:01 PM »
Vinom that was the one question I didn't need answered...

If you are making custom items, you can just make a custom its that says it works like that... okay the serious answer is yes.
[Spoiler]
An interesting read, nice to see a civil discussion
The point of Spell Resistance is to make it harder to get buffed.
And healed. Don't forget that.
Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.
[/Spoiler]

Old Geezer's Law of Hobby Taste: The more objectively inconsequential a hobby is, the more disagreements within the community will be expressed in outrageously insulting, overblown, and ludicrously emotionally laden terms.

More Funny than Humble[Spoiler]
Quote from: PlzBreakMyCampaign
Your a shifter... you have all you ever need.
It blows MoMF out of the water

But if your greedy for more [Wish] for something that only effects you, like another class level or two that doesn't count against your ECL.
Quote from: hungryhungryhippo987
Yes, I'm the 3.0 "Masters of the Wild" shifter, the awesome kind. My favorite form to take is Force Dragon. Yes, I am immortal ... My character is hands down the coolest guy in the campaign and there is nothing I could possibly want.
PBMC gets a cookie for DotA r

Slz the Resolute

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #959 on: July 04, 2011, 10:37:05 PM »
Q 321 One of my characters that I'm playing with has the silver dragon bloodline(Major). He gets Breath Weapon(ex) at lvl 16. Is there any way I can empower that ability, like say Empower Spell-like ability from MM1, or with a spell?

Q 322 Are fists considered Natural weapons?