Author Topic: Ask a Simple Question 25: Welcome to DIE!  (Read 160367 times)

Bauglir

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • TriOptimum
Re: Ask a Simple Question 25: Welcome to DIE!
« Reply #220 on: May 28, 2011, 04:22:34 PM »
Q80

How is there no such thing as a Light domain? Am I blind, or was one of the most obnoxiously common cleric tropes ignored in favor of having both a Commerce and a Trade domain?
So you end up stuck in an endless loop, unable to act, forever.

In retrospect, much like Keanu Reeves.

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #221 on: May 28, 2011, 04:26:10 PM »
Q80

How is there no such thing as a Light domain? Am I blind, or was one of the most obnoxiously common cleric tropes ignored in favor of having both a Commerce and a Trade domain?
A 80

Sun is the usual stand-in, I think.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

zook1shoe

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #222 on: May 28, 2011, 04:55:39 PM »
They might have a light domain in dragon magazine

Shiki

• King Kong
  • Mindraped
« Reply #223 on: May 28, 2011, 09:52:10 PM »
Q81: What do these lines from the Quasilycanthrope template entails, exactly? "The lycanthrope takes a few characteristics of some type of carnivorous or omnivorous creature of the animal type (referred to hereafter as the base animal)." and "A quasilycanthrope uses the base creature's statistics and special abilities in addition to those described here." As an exemple, what do you get if you're, say, a Quasiweretiger?
"An ally of truth."

Soundtrack of the week:
Kagamine Rin - Antichlorobenzene (ft. Kagamine Ren)

Zebu

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
« Reply #224 on: May 29, 2011, 12:05:39 AM »
Q82 Is there a simple way to add Sense Motive to a druid's class skill list?  Preferably without using a feat?

Q83 Is there a way, other than Able Learner, to make a class skill for a base class (Diplomacy) act like a class skill for subsequent classes (prestige and non)?

snakeman830

• Organ Grinder
  • BG's resident furry min/maxxer
« Reply #225 on: May 29, 2011, 12:12:29 AM »
Q81: What do these lines from the Quasilycanthrope template entails, exactly? "The lycanthrope takes a few characteristics of some type of carnivorous or omnivorous creature of the animal type (referred to hereafter as the base animal)." and "A quasilycanthrope uses the base creature's statistics and special abilities in addition to those described here." As an exemple, what do you get if you're, say, a Quasiweretiger?
everything you get from a non-Quasiweretiger member of the character's race plus the Shapechanger subtype, DR10/Silver, and the disguise Self ability.

A83: Human Paragon.
I am constantly amazed by how many DM's ban Tomb of Battle.  The book doesn't even exist!

Quotes:[spoiler]
By yes, she means no.
That explains so much about my life.
hiicantcomeupwithacharacterthatisntaghostwhyisthatamijustretardedorsomething
Why would you even do this? It hurts my eyes and looks like you ate your keyboard before suffering an attack of explosive diarrhea.
[/spoiler]

If using Genesis to hide your phylactry, set it at -300 degrees farenheit.  See how do-gooders fare with a liquid atmosphere.

Shiki

• King Kong
  • Mindraped
« Reply #226 on: May 29, 2011, 12:33:38 AM »
^Wow, I can't believe I actually had to post that up. Comeback to D&D 3.5 from a lil' incursion into Shadowrun 4E rules mess is confusing my comprehension of diverse rules and wordings. Sucks to be me. :(

Anyway, thanks. ;)

Q82 Is there a simple way to add Sense Motive to a druid's class skill list?  Preferably without using a feat?

Dunno if this (clicky!) can help you.
"An ally of truth."

Soundtrack of the week:
Kagamine Rin - Antichlorobenzene (ft. Kagamine Ren)

Zaxter

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
« Reply #227 on: May 29, 2011, 02:20:43 AM »
Q84: Is there any way to approximate a camera/photographs in D&D? Y'know, in case you're in a political campaign and you want to defame the enemy by spreading pictures of him with the rogue disguised as a half-orc prostitute engaged in shady dealings...

I can start a new thread if I'm hitting on something new and there's likely to be a lot of brainstorming.

zook1shoe

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #228 on: May 29, 2011, 04:26:48 AM »
Zone of Truth and Ghost Sound?

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #229 on: May 29, 2011, 03:45:40 PM »
Q83 Is there a way, other than Able Learner, to make a class skill for a base class (Diplomacy) act like a class skill for subsequent classes (prestige and non)?
Skill prodigy from Kalamar makes generic cross-class skills into class skills.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

KellKheraptis

• Organ Grinder
  • What's the matter? I thought you had me...
    • Email
« Reply #230 on: May 29, 2011, 04:27:00 PM »
Eidetic Lock on a 'wright, use activated, and then have him spam sketches at super high speed >.>  Eberron Xerox!
BG's Resident Black Hatter
The Mango List Reborn!
My Warmage Trickery (coming soon!)
My PrC Pally Trickery (coming soon!)
The D&D Archive
-Work in progress!

Garryl

• Hong Kong
« Reply #231 on: May 29, 2011, 05:44:47 PM »
Q84: Is there any way to approximate a camera/photographs in D&D? Y'know, in case you're in a political campaign and you want to defame the enemy by spreading pictures of him with the rogue disguised as a half-orc prostitute engaged in shady dealings...

I can start a new thread if I'm hitting on something new and there's likely to be a lot of brainstorming.

A 84: Get yourself an Eye of Erramu.
A Guide to Free D&D - A resource of free, official D&D resources on the web.
General listing of my homebrew.
Links to things I've worked on
[spoiler]
Idiot Crusader, refreshing maneuvers for free every round.
The Opposed Checks Handbook - Under construction.
Adaptations Handbook - Under construction.
[/spoiler]

Bard

« Reply #232 on: May 29, 2011, 07:40:32 PM »
Q85:  Ways to increase full-round attack archery damage from ranges greater than 30ft without using spellcasting (so feats and PrCs)? (I know about Targeteer from DM#310 and Knowledge Devotion, is there something else?)
[Spoiler]
His old DM was on crack. He could take levels in freaking Dread Necromancer if he wanted to and no rule in the universe would keep him from doing so.
Rule 0?
Which, I guess, would be 'no rule,' since none = 0.
What's funny is he always brings up Rule 0. I actually had to ask him what that was, and without blinking an eye he gave me the most detailed explanation I'd ever heard for a rule. It was like he was in a trance when he spoke. Looking it up, it just said "The unspoken DM gets final say/veto anything he wants rule."
You're such a kind man, for taking in abused unfortunates and rehabilitating them.
[/spoiler]

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #233 on: May 29, 2011, 08:29:06 PM »
Q85:  Ways to increase full-round attack archery damage from ranges greater than 30ft without using spellcasting (so feats and PrCs)? (I know about Targeteer from DM#310 and Knowledge Devotion, is there something else?)
Dead Eye, which requires you to be at least 14th level, allows you to add your Dex on top of everything else.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

When God gives you lemons... it's time to find a new God.

Like D&D Freakouts? Check out this 4th Ed one.

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #234 on: May 29, 2011, 08:48:02 PM »
Dead Eye, which requires you to be at least 14th level, allows you to add your Dex on top of everything else.
Dead Eye, assuming you mean the Dragon Compendium feat, received Errata to make the BAB prereq +1 instead of +14.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #235 on: May 29, 2011, 08:48:40 PM »
Q85:  Ways to increase full-round attack archery damage from ranges greater than 30ft without using spellcasting (so feats and PrCs)? (I know about Targeteer from DM#310 and Knowledge Devotion, is there something else?)
Dead Eye, assuming you mean the Dragon Compendium feat, received Errata to make the BAB prereq +1 instead of +14.
Oh nice. I shall hunt down that errata.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 08:58:47 PM by kevin_video »

Bard

« Reply #236 on: May 29, 2011, 08:51:55 PM »
limited to distances of less than 30ft :\
I need bonus damage to snipe attacks
[Spoiler]
His old DM was on crack. He could take levels in freaking Dread Necromancer if he wanted to and no rule in the universe would keep him from doing so.
Rule 0?
Which, I guess, would be 'no rule,' since none = 0.
What's funny is he always brings up Rule 0. I actually had to ask him what that was, and without blinking an eye he gave me the most detailed explanation I'd ever heard for a rule. It was like he was in a trance when he spoke. Looking it up, it just said "The unspoken DM gets final say/veto anything he wants rule."
You're such a kind man, for taking in abused unfortunates and rehabilitating them.
[/spoiler]

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #237 on: May 29, 2011, 08:59:23 PM »
Q 86 If I needed a lot of characters (6) built in a week, and needed the users of this site's help, what board would I go to ask it?

Q 87 Is there a 3.5 update to the BoVD Corrupted Creature template?

Risada

• Grape ape
  • Wearing this outfit in the name of SCIENCE!
    • Email
« Reply #238 on: May 30, 2011, 12:48:02 AM »
Q 86 If I needed a lot of characters (6) built in a week, and needed the users of this site's help, what board would I go to ask it?

I guess Min/Max fits the bill...

Wait... we're on it already  :P

Q 87 Is there a 3.5 update to the BoVD Corrupted Creature template?

It's in the Expedition to Demonweb Pits.

Q88 How the feat Augment Healing (Complete Divine) interacts with Vigor spells? All the fast healing is increased, or the extra healing only comes into play at the time of casting?

wotmaniac

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Emperor's Enforcer
« Reply #239 on: May 30, 2011, 01:09:50 AM »
the "simple concept, simple build" thread?

for making your own thread, I'd say Deliberations.

[spoiler]
If you stop ignoring 289 pages telling what the intent is to stretch "more power" in your own god complexion of your interpretation trumps all to cover ability adjustments from aging then I will ignore a quarter page of rules that exist within a sidebar.
I think in this case the grammar is less important than whether the Str and Dex bonus provided to your created undead scales.

Greenbound Summoning RAI
Expanded Gestalt
More Savage Progressions[/spoiler]
Report any wrongs I have done here.