Author Topic: Ask a Simple Question 25: Welcome to DIE!  (Read 160359 times)

zook1shoe

• King Kong
    • Email
Re: Ask a Simple Question 25: Welcome to DIE!
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2011, 08:35:07 PM »
A5 Lolth-touched? or do you want it to remain LG? Mineral Warrior?

Ithamar

• Hong Kong
  • PM me if you're interested in some Arena action!
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2011, 08:48:11 PM »
A5 Lolth-touched? or do you want it to remain LG? Mineral Warrior?
I had considered Lolth-Touched, but wasn't sure if the alignment shift made sense.  Mineral Warrior's mental stat penalties made that rather unattractive.
Are you worthy of Ascension?
Always accepting gladiators!  Now with a new and improved rule set!

Bard

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2011, 09:13:26 PM »
A6: Just to add: If you craft it and you're higher level you can create a better version for it anyway.

Q7: Is there a way (items possibly) to give specific weapon enhancements (something like Shattermantle, or Souldrinking, or Keen, etc) to unarmed attacks? what about natural weapons? 
[Spoiler]
His old DM was on crack. He could take levels in freaking Dread Necromancer if he wanted to and no rule in the universe would keep him from doing so.
Rule 0?
Which, I guess, would be 'no rule,' since none = 0.
What's funny is he always brings up Rule 0. I actually had to ask him what that was, and without blinking an eye he gave me the most detailed explanation I'd ever heard for a rule. It was like he was in a trance when he spoke. Looking it up, it just said "The unspoken DM gets final say/veto anything he wants rule."
You're such a kind man, for taking in abused unfortunates and rehabilitating them.
[/spoiler]

Ithamar

• Hong Kong
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2011, 09:16:39 PM »
A7: Necklace of Natural Attacks from Savage Species lets you do precisely that.

JaronK

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2011, 09:17:48 PM »
Q7: Is there a way (items possibly) to give specific weapon enhancements (something like Shattermantle, or Souldrinking, or Keen, etc) to unarmed attacks? what about natural weapons? 

Kensai can do this, from Complete Warrior.  Note if you want Keen you'd need Versatile Unarmed Strike so your attacks can be slashing.

JaronK

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
  • Aistii valoa auttavasti
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2011, 09:30:14 PM »

Kensai can do this, from Complete Warrior.  Note if you want Keen you'd need Versatile Unarmed Strike so your attacks can be slashing.

JaronK
There is an enchantment for bludgeoning weapons as well, isn't there?

Handy Links

Demelain

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2011, 09:45:57 PM »
Q8
What Base Classes/Prestige Classes/Spells/Items allow you to channel a spell through your weapon? Being able to do so at range and as part of a full attack is a plus.

Bauglir

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • TriOptimum
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2011, 10:06:13 PM »

JaronK
QUnnumbered
Impact, MIC 37.
So you end up stuck in an endless loop, unable to act, forever.

In retrospect, much like Keanu Reeves.

zook1shoe

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2011, 10:09:33 PM »
Q9 what kind of action is an Incantatrix's snatch spell ability?

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
  • Aistii valoa auttavasti
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2011, 10:20:48 PM »

JaronK
QUnnumbered
Impact, MIC 37.
It was more of an addition rather than a question. I apologise for the confusing wording.

Handy Links

Bauglir

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • TriOptimum
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2011, 12:43:53 AM »
Q10

How the fuck does the game define off hand, if ever?

Q11

More importantly, how are your number and type of attacks determined? Is it based on the weapon(s) you wield, or purely your BAB? Basically, what I'm asking is, if your BAB is +16 and you have a longsword, a dagger, armor spikes, and Improved Unarmed Strike, can you attack with a Longsword at +16, Dagger at +11, Armor Spikes at +6, and Unarmed Strike at +1?

Q12
If so, and you have a set number of attacks per round based on BAB and you can fill them however you like with your available weapons, what's to stop you from taking the whole TWF chain for some reason and holding a random dagger in one hand (to satisfy the "if you hold a second weapon in your off hand" line in the feat) and then using a longsword for all your attacks, changing your choice of "off hand" as necessary to make it legal?

zook1shoe

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2011, 12:57:49 AM »
A10 offhand attacks in effect are you secondary attacks, similar to natural weapons.

A11 it depends on which TWF feats you have. W/o them you take 3 attacks with the primary and one attack with the rest each. But remember there are penalties w/o the TWF feats.

Getting the Improved? TWF gives 3 longsword and 2 each of the offhand weapons (unarmed, armor spikes, dagger).

A12 not that I remember, see above for attack routines.

Bauglir

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • TriOptimum
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2011, 01:19:49 AM »
A10 offhand attacks in effect are you secondary attacks, similar to natural weapons.

A11 it depends on which TWF feats you have. W/o them you take 3 attacks with the primary and one attack with the rest each. But remember there are penalties w/o the TWF feats.

Getting the Improved? TWF gives 3 longsword and 2 each of the offhand weapons (unarmed, armor spikes, dagger).

No, no. I mean, how does it define which attack is an offhand attack? I know how what to do once that's determined, but do you just arbitrarily assign it or what? When can you change the choice, if ever?

TWF is irrelevant to 11; not two-weapon fighting here, just if you're carrying those weapons, can you intersperse your attack routine with different types of attack? A Monk certainly can with special monk weapons and a flurry, but is this a general rule?

Q13

Should I just start a new thread?

Talore

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • Viking Skald
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2011, 01:21:20 AM »

No, no. I mean, how does it define which attack is an offhand attack? I know how what to do once that's determined, but do you just arbitrarily assign it or what? When can you change the choice, if ever?

TWF is irrelevant to 11; not two-weapon fighting here, just if you're carrying those weapons, can you intersperse your attack routine with different types of attack? A Monk certainly can with special monk weapons and a flurry, but is this a general rule?

Q13

New thread sounds good,  I have questions too.
Backseat moderator (voice) -_-

AleksanderTheGreat

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • Dumbass. o_o
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2011, 04:25:17 AM »
Then why don't you post them here, Talore?
Quote from: Sephirothsword117
Quote from: Solo
Optimizing is the antithesis of roleplaying because it takes focus away from the important parts of the game.
I'm inclined to disagree. People work hard on there characters, there personality, back ground, appearance, so forth. No one wants there character that they have invested time, energy, thought, and probably emotion in to be killed because they didn't take strong enough feats or skills or spells or what have you.

Littha

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2011, 05:51:02 AM »

Q13

As far as i know you could go Sword/Dagger/Spikes without penalty but going sword/dagger/spikes/dagger would start accruing TWF penalties. (provided you have the BAB to make 3 attacks of course.)

ILM

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2011, 06:57:05 AM »
Q14: What ways are there for melee characters to deliver their attacks as melee touch attacks? UMD'ing a wand of Wraithstrike is one, Impaling weapon (piercing only) is another; any others?

JaronK

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2011, 08:39:39 AM »
Q14: What ways are there for melee characters to deliver their attacks as melee touch attacks? UMD'ing a wand of Wraithstrike is one, Impaling weapon (piercing only) is another; any others?

Emerald Razor, a Diamond Mind maneuver from ToB.

JaronK

Zaxter

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2011, 12:56:47 PM »
There's also Deep Impact, from XPH

Ithamar

• Hong Kong
« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2011, 01:22:53 PM »
Heartseeking Amulet from MIC lets you do a touch attack 3 times / day.  Pretty cheap too, as I recall.