Author Topic: Ask a Simple Question 25: Welcome to DIE!  (Read 160358 times)

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
Re: Ask a Simple Question 25: Welcome to DIE!
« Reply #160 on: May 23, 2011, 03:17:25 AM »
Q63: Would Extra Rage give additional rages per day for all of your rage sources? If so, then  :evillaugh

How's that for building up towards frenzied berserker? Damn your fancy spells and maneuvers, I have RAAAAAAGEEEE!!!
RAW, yes. It doesn't specify that it only works for barbarian rage, so you'd be okay. As for it meeting the requirements for frenzied berserker, no, because the alignment doesn't allow Lawful.
Of course you'd start as a lawful rage monk, then shift your alignment across the levels until you're chaotic.
Actually, yes. You can keep the rage if you become a chaotic monk. And like all monks, you don't lose your class abilities if that happens.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

When God gives you lemons... it's time to find a new God.

Like D&D Freakouts? Check out this 4th Ed one.

zook1shoe

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #161 on: May 23, 2011, 03:22:55 AM »
How does the Bear Warrior's bear form work if you have several different but similar rage abilities?

Talore

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • Viking Skald
    • Email
« Reply #162 on: May 23, 2011, 03:47:32 AM »
How does the Bear Warrior's bear form work if you have several different but similar rage abilities?
Additionally, how does that work if those rages are whirling frenzy rages instead of the normal rages? (I'm totally not making a gestalt build right now...)
Backseat moderator (voice) -_-

zook1shoe

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #163 on: May 23, 2011, 04:12:30 AM »
What about a were-wolverine's racial rage?

Garryl

• Hong Kong
« Reply #164 on: May 23, 2011, 07:48:06 AM »
A Divine Minion with Wolverine's Rage (CD) would be an unusual but interesting method of getting rage.
A Guide to Free D&D - A resource of free, official D&D resources on the web.
General listing of my homebrew.
Links to things I've worked on
[spoiler]
Idiot Crusader, refreshing maneuvers for free every round.
The Opposed Checks Handbook - Under construction.
Adaptations Handbook - Under construction.
[/spoiler]

AleksanderTheGreat

• Dumbass. o_o
« Reply #165 on: May 23, 2011, 09:47:08 AM »
Bada-Bump
Q53: Is there a way for an epic human fighter (not the class) to be able to fight with more than two hands? This Character is a normal human, she has only two hands, but it would be cool if she could wield more weapons with her feets or teeth (ala Roronoa Zoro from One Piece :D).
Quote from: Sephirothsword117
Quote from: Solo
Optimizing is the antithesis of roleplaying because it takes focus away from the important parts of the game.
I'm inclined to disagree. People work hard on there characters, there personality, back ground, appearance, so forth. No one wants there character that they have invested time, energy, thought, and probably emotion in to be killed because they didn't take strong enough feats or skills or spells or what have you.

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #166 on: May 23, 2011, 10:50:31 AM »
Bada-Bump
Q53: Is there a way for an epic human fighter (not the class) to be able to fight with more than two hands? This Character is a normal human, she has only two hands, but it would be cool if she could wield more weapons with her feets or teeth (ala Roronoa Zoro from One Piece :D).

Not without spells or templates. Isn't that what Girallon's blessing is for?
Gendou Ikari is basically Gregory House in Kaminashades. This is FACT.

For proof, look here:

http://www.layoutjelly.com/image_27/gendo_ikari/

[SPOILER]
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Katana of Enlightenment.
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

I HAVE BROKEN THE 69 INTERNETS BARRIER!

AleksanderTheGreat

• Dumbass. o_o
« Reply #167 on: May 23, 2011, 12:20:16 PM »
Bada-Bump

Yeah, but it gives additional arms.
Optimizing is the antithesis of roleplaying because it takes focus away from the important parts of the game.
I'm inclined to disagree. People work hard on there characters, there personality, back ground, appearance, so forth. No one wants there character that they have invested time, energy, thought, and probably emotion in to be killed because they didn't take strong enough feats or skills or spells or what have you.

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #168 on: May 23, 2011, 12:34:20 PM »
Bada-Bump

Grab a Monk's unarmed strike and use that special equipment for monsters (it's basically a harness for a monster to use a weapon in her its mouth, forget the name at the moment).

EDIT: Mouthpick weapon. Can't remember where it's from though.

For proof, look here:

[SPOILER]
Final Fantasy 7
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #169 on: May 23, 2011, 12:35:27 PM »
Bada-Bump

Grab a Monk's unarmed strike and use that special equipment for monsters (it's basically a harness for a monster to use a weapon in her its mouth, forget the name at the moment).
Mouthpick Weapon, LoM. Replaces a bite attack, so you need a bite attack first.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

AleksanderTheGreat

• Dumbass. o_o
« Reply #170 on: May 23, 2011, 01:22:25 PM »
Bada-Bump

So I need to make a homebrew epic feat. No problem. Any suggestions on requierements for a feat that enables the char. to use his feet and teeth as hands? Not only to wield weapons but also for those abilities that require free hand to work (i.e. Spider Climb spell).
Basicly this (NSFW):
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 01:35:50 PM by AleksanderTheGreat »

Cagemarrow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #171 on: May 23, 2011, 01:36:18 PM »
Check out Complete Scoundrel's list of hidden weapons. Boot Blades, Elbow Blades, Knee Blades etc. . .would at least give weapons you could attach to the various limbs to use different combat options.

zook1shoe

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #172 on: May 23, 2011, 03:19:15 PM »
umm.... interesting picture :p

braininthejar

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
« Reply #173 on: May 23, 2011, 03:21:53 PM »
Q 63: A sorcerer has chosen an animal companion alternative feature and then used a feat to take a faimiliar as well. What happens if she takes a prestige class now? DO they both stop improving or just one of them? ( most prestige classes don't level up the core class' features but is a feat-gained familiar still a class feature?)

Q 64: there is a 9 level abjuration spell that automatically stops a number of incoming enemy spells. Does that include dispel magic or will the defense be dispelled as normal ( I probably lack some basic knowledge here)

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #174 on: May 23, 2011, 03:23:37 PM »
Q 63: A sorcerer has chosen an animal companion alternative feature and then used a feat to take a faimiliar as well. What happens if she takes a prestige class now? DO they both stop improving or just one of them? ( most prestige classes don't level up the core class' features but is a feat-gained familiar still a class feature?)
Depends on what feat you took. If it's Obtain Familiar, you're fine, but the animal companion will likely stop increasing.

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #175 on: May 23, 2011, 03:41:48 PM »
Bada-Bump

So I need to make a homebrew epic feat. No problem. Any suggestions on requierements for a feat that enables the char. to use his feet and teeth as hands? Not only to wield weapons but also for those abilities that require free hand to work (i.e. Spider Climb spell).
Basicly this (NSFW):
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Perhaps off-topic, but which manga is that?

For proof, look here:

[SPOILER]
Final Fantasy 7
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #176 on: May 23, 2011, 03:42:59 PM »
Perhaps off-topic, but which manga is that?
That looks like Kenichi World's Strongest Disciple.

braininthejar

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
« Reply #177 on: May 23, 2011, 03:52:04 PM »
Yes, it is.
Q53: Is there a way for an epic human fighter (not the class) to be able to fight with more than two hands? This Character is a normal human, she has only two hands, but it would be cool if she could wield more weapons with her feets or teeth (ala Roronoa Zoro from One Piece ).

Heh, I always use Zoro to explain to players what a warblade is.

Depends on what feat you took. If it's Obtain Familiar, you're fine, but the animal companion will likely stop increasing.

Thanks. And my other question?

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #178 on: May 23, 2011, 03:53:19 PM »
Thanks. And my other question?
Unfortunately that one's out of my league. Hopefully someone can answer that.

Ithamar

• Hong Kong
  • PM me if you're interested in some Arena action!
« Reply #179 on: May 23, 2011, 03:54:53 PM »
Q 64: there is a 9 level abjuration spell that automatically stops a number of incoming enemy spells. Does that include dispel magic or will the defense be dispelled as normal ( I probably lack some basic knowledge here)
Is this that Effulgent Something or other spell that absorbs targeted spells?  If so, it will definitely stop a targeted dispel magic.  An area dispel might still get through though.
Are you worthy of Ascension?
Always accepting gladiators!  Now with a new and improved rule set!