Author Topic: What are the Nastiest, Most Disgusting Creatures in D&D  (Read 23222 times)

SorO_Lost

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • I'll kill you before you're born.
Re: What are the Nastiest, Most Disgusting Creatures in D&D
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2011, 03:25:27 AM »
DM: You see a beautiful women, so beautiful in fact I need you to roll a save vs Blindness from sexy, and roll another one for you know *wink*.
Player: lol, I got a 19 and a 15.
DM: You made it. She is suggestively dancing as she walks over to you holding one of her bare breasts in her hand.
Player: Hotness, is she like red headed? An Elf? Oooh are her nipples pierced?
DM: Well she looks feyish but you don't know about the hair color since she is bald...
Player: No problem.
DM: ...But you notice do notice her rib bones are sticking though the gangrenous tissue and what appears to be rancid milk.
Player: WTF?! I back the hell up.
DM: Too late, you failed your save and are stunned by her beauty.
Player: WTF?!!
DM: She grabs you, make a new save vs Paralysis, yeah shes into that.
Player: WTF?!!! *rolls a 17*
DM: You failed, she turns into an Octopus and...
Player:  -_-'

I vote for the Nymph Lich
Tiers explained in 8 sentences. With examples!
[spoiler]Tiers break down into who has spellcasting more than anything else due to spells being better than anything else in the game.
6: Skill based. Commoner, Expert, Samurai.
5: Mundane warrior. Barbarian, Fighter, Monk.
4: Partial casters. Adapt, Hexblade, Paladin, Ranger, Spelltheif.
3: Focused casters. Bard, Beguiler, Dread Necromancer, Martial Adapts, Warmage.
2: Full casters. Favored Soul, Psion, Sorcerer, Wu Jen.
1: Elitists. Artificer, Cleric, Druid, Wizard.
0: Gods. StP Erudite, Illthid Savant, Pun-Pun, Rocks fall & you die.
[/spoiler]

weenog

• Grape ape
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2011, 03:37:55 AM »
DM: You see a beautiful women, so beautiful in fact I need you to roll a save vs Blindness from sexy, and roll another one for you know *wink*.
Player: lol, I got a 19 and a 15.
DM: You made it. She is suggestively dancing as she walks over to you holding one of her bare breasts in her hand.
Player: Hotness, is she like red headed? An Elf? Oooh are her nipples pierced?
DM: Well she looks feyish but you don't know about the hair color since she is bald...
Player: No problem.
DM: ...But you notice do notice her rib bones are sticking though the gangrenous tissue and what appears to be rancid milk.
Player: WTF?! I back the hell up.
DM: Too late, you failed your save and are stunned by her beauty.
Player: WTF?!!
DM: She grabs you, make a new save vs Paralysis, yeah shes into that.
Player: WTF?!!! *rolls a 17*
DM: You failed, she turns into an Octopus and...
Player:  -_-'

I vote for the Nymph Lich

They say there's nothing like a cold girl on a warm night.  If you can talk the DM into awarding a RP-based bonus feat out of the deal, all the better.

Fuck it, nominate myself for this list.
"We managed to make an NPC puke an undead monster."
"That sounds like a victory to me."

SneeR

• Bi-Curious George
  • Sneering
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2011, 05:57:31 AM »
Based on about half the fluff in several campaign settings...

humans.

Yes, man, the nastiest creature in all the universe, pillaging the lands wherever he may walk with rapacious glee. Truly, nothing is more dreadful than the travesties that humanity can wrought upon others.

A strange game. The only winning move is not to play. How about a nice game of chess?

Now, wait a second... Isn't any other sentient race with a lust for self-preservation just as if not more likely to commit the same atrocities as humans? That never made sense to me as a trope.
The answer to everything:
[spoiler][/spoiler]
SneeR
[spoiler]
I don't know if the designers meant you to take Skill Focus for every feat.
Sounds a little OP.

The monk is clearly the best class, no need to optimize here. What you are doing is overkill.

It's like people who have no idea what a turn signal is. They ruin it for everyone else.
When another driver brandishes a holy symbol and begins glowing with divine light, seek cover or get spattered with zombie brains. I do not see what is so complicated about this.
[/spoiler]

weenog

• Grape ape
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2011, 07:57:54 AM »
Now, wait a second... Isn't any other sentient race with a lust for self-preservation just as if not more likely to commit the same atrocities as humans? That never made sense to me as a trope.

If you assume any other sentient race is just a human wearing makeup and a rubber forehead prosthetic, sure.  To even assign other races the same lust for self-preservation is already making an assumption that doesn't necessarily hold up.  Even if they are every bit as stubborn about dying off as humans are, their means and methods may be drastically different.  Humans are on top in this world, not because we're very hard to kill, but because we are incredibly good at killing other things.  A tougher race, one with resistances and immunities or regeneration, need not be so overwhelmingly aggressive to secure its place.  Something naturally elusive, stealthy mobile, able to freely navigate where others cannot go, likewise needs not adopt a policy of destroy first, ask questions eventually, maybe, if I get around to it.
"We managed to make an NPC puke an undead monster."
"That sounds like a victory to me."

JohnnyMayHymn

• Bi-Curious George
  • Lord of the Kitchen Sink
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2011, 08:01:22 AM »
Belial/Fernia, lord of the fourth circle of hell

A father daughter team... eh... yeah...
My (sometimes offensive) Web Comic Faux Blast
Can you find the Wumpus? (Hint: start with the spoiler....)
[spoiler] :beathorse [/spoiler]
...........  :joystick

StreamOfTheSky

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2011, 10:21:02 AM »
I'm rather fond of Neogi from LoM.  Their appearance, their penchant for the slave trade, how they reproduce... all is excellent squick.  I had a lot of fun DMing a caravan of them that the (evil) PC party encountered.  They did pretty awful things on a regular basis, and even they were pretty taken aback. :)

kremti

• Email
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2011, 12:49:29 PM »
A strange game. The only winning move is not to play. How about a nice game of chess?

OMG.  Chess is for nerds.

-K

SneeR

• Bi-Curious George
  • Sneering
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2011, 02:25:22 PM »

OMG.  Chess is for nerds.

-K
So is that movie.

If you assume any other sentient race is just a human wearing makeup and a rubber forehead prosthetic, sure.  To even assign other races the same lust for self-preservation is already making an assumption that doesn't necessarily hold up.  Even if they are every bit as stubborn about dying off as humans are, their means and methods may be drastically different.  Humans are on top in this world, not because we're very hard to kill, but because we are incredibly good at killing other things.  A tougher race, one with resistances and immunities or regeneration, need not be so overwhelmingly aggressive to secure its place.  Something naturally elusive, stealthy mobile, able to freely navigate where others cannot go, likewise needs not adopt a policy of destroy first, ask questions eventually, maybe, if I get around to it.

Well, a lot of races are just reskinned humans. Why aren't they as vicious as we? Aquatic humans? Drow? I suppose the drow are locked up with in-fighting, and the aquatic humans are locked up with... gills... Sometimes in camapigns, though, without flavorful settings, it feels like elves are just graceful hippies, dwarves are just buff Scottish midgets, and half-orcs are green retards.
[spoiler][/spoiler]
SneeR
[spoiler]
Sounds a little OP.

The monk is clearly the best class, no need to optimize here. What you are doing is overkill.

It's like people who have no idea what a turn signal is. They ruin it for everyone else.
When another driver brandishes a holy symbol and begins glowing with divine light, seek cover or get spattered with zombie brains. I do not see what is so complicated about this.
[/spoiler]

emaNsdrawkcaB

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • Unicorn Power!
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2011, 02:34:03 PM »
I remember an evil game I took part in, alongside a sick and depraved young man. During downtime he'd go to parks, and schools, and roleplay some pretty messed up stuff. I'm just glad he was roleplaying it... Wonder what he's doing now...

kremti

• Email
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2011, 02:47:31 PM »
So is that movie.
So is this board...at least, the movie has the excuse for being from the 80's!
 :P
-K

zook1shoe

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2011, 02:57:01 PM »
I remember an evil game I took part in, alongside a sick and depraved young man. During downtime he'd go to parks, and schools, and roleplay some pretty messed up stuff. I'm just glad he was roleplaying it... Wonder what he's doing now...

One of those? :P

SneeR

• Bi-Curious George
  • Sneering
« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2011, 03:13:43 PM »
So is that movie.
So is this board...at least, the movie has the excuse for being from the 80's!
 :P
-K

Egads! You're right!
What am I going to do with myself now that I've discovered I'm a nerd?
[spoiler][/spoiler]
SneeR
[spoiler]
Sounds a little OP.

[/spoiler]

kremti

• Email
« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2011, 03:20:45 PM »
Egads! You're right!
What am I going to do with myself now that I've discovered I'm a nerd?

One of those? :P

And thus combining two into one...

I'm afraid to ask but I have to.  What did he do in that evil game?

-K

Nunkuruji

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2011, 03:27:46 PM »
Tunnel Terror, Fiend Folio

yeah....

Ithamar

• Hong Kong
  • PM me if you're interested in some Arena action!
« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2011, 04:09:58 PM »
Are you worthy of Ascension?
Always accepting gladiators!  Now with a new and improved rule set!

braininthejar

« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2011, 04:12:52 PM »
There is this obirynth flesh-sculptor thingy. Huge, looks like a levitating blob-of-flesh-head on chains. It likes giving people new limbs. And if you fail your will save its form will seem so perfect, you take serious charisma hit from feelings of inadequacy.

Then there is this monster from BoVD that likes paralysing its victims and eating their guts while they still live... and because it is naturally telepatic, everyone around will feel the taste.

Bauglir

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • TriOptimum
« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2011, 04:54:08 PM »
Humans as the nastiest, most disgusting race have one thing going for them. They will fuck anything. Kind of like dragons.
So you end up stuck in an endless loop, unable to act, forever.

In retrospect, much like Keanu Reeves.

Midnight_v

• Organ Grinder
  • Dulce et decorum est pro alea mori.
« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2011, 05:43:29 PM »
Half-Trolls.  Because some poor woman had to survive that.

Bah.  Half-whatevers being results of a male whatever raping a human woman is an outdated stereotype.  It neglects to consider the existence of men who are exemplars of human audacity, and think muscle is sexy.
Fucking hilarious and awesome. LOL

Oh and by the way... The Phasm.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 05:47:54 PM by Midnight_v »
\\\"Disentegrate.\\\" \\\"Gust of wind.\\\" \\\"Now Can we PLEASE resume saving the world?\\\"

awaken DM golem

• Organ Grinder
  • PAO'd my Avatar
« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2011, 06:46:20 PM »

Umm ... part of my Kitty Avatar on a bad day  :twitch ?!
I have never once seen a kitty in your avatar. It's a grotesquely obese man eating what looks like a teddy bear.

Well, I have been known to use Metamorph on occasion ... (but not Poly-).

BoVD "tries" to use Baleful Polymorph as an Artifact.
The Nalfeshnee that uses it ... is intended to be disgusting.
Oooo spooky.

braininthejar

« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2011, 06:58:24 PM »
1 Maurhezi (did I spell it right)

A demon, human sized so actually viable as a character concept. Looks like a ghoul but has doppleganger powers. The catch - he copies a person by absorbtion. To mimic someone he has to eat their corpse within minutes from death. After that, he gains a new shape and they are beyond ressurection - the only afterlife they have to look forward to is as demon crap.

2 cancer mage - you became a carrier for every disease you encounter. And your familiar is a talking tumor! I wonder if it can sing? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNS1TqWyX8E
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 07:01:46 PM by braininthejar »