Author Topic: The Lounge  (Read 160550 times)

jacemachine

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • Powered by Coffee. Driven by Insanity--
    • MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
This one is for the newbies--
« Reply #640 on: July 25, 2009, 07:03:48 PM »
Some helpful tips I offer to all (But especially our new players)

It is extremely easy to lose track of 'what the fuck is going on' :twitch-- this results in odd character reactions :fo/bad positioning :debate/attacking the darkness :banghead  /etc...  :blush

:blah Always read all the posts that have occurred since your own last post. Understand the actions that have taken place. Sometimes things will occur in another player's post that will have a very direct effect on what you can or cannot attempt, or clue you in to what you SHOULD attempt. Doors open or close, locked or unlocked. PC's getting in the way of grenade blasts :flame. Moving into an already occupied space :dogpile.

:teach Be sure to take very special note of PC and NPC locations on the alphanumeric grid. It works just like Battleship. During a combat I NEED to know every character's exact location at the end of their turn otherwise I am left to interpret your PCs actions, which is often bad for you, since I have no qualms about leaving anyone in harm's way :chairhit. This is the equivalent of my table top pet-peeve, when players do not get up and move their own mini, expecting me the GM to do it for you. :censored :fo

:thumb Please be mindful of your fellow players. In combat everyone is taking turns in Initiative Order-- though you are welcome to post your PC's actions "out of turn", they still occur in Initiative Order. It is important to check the game to post at least once a day-- if you do not, you hold up 8 other people. If you DO post out of order, please consider checking back after a few hours to see if any other character's actions :bash will have directly affected what you intended on doing in your post :wow. Situations like THIS may occur:  ;)

PLAYER B: I yell  :sh"Don't make us kill you Jacko! Just tell us where you hid the baby and everything will be FINE! I PROMISE!" [ Diplomacy check  23 ]

PLAYER A: I open fire upon Jacko. "Eat it, Freak! This is for fingering my little brother Freddy!"[ Shoots Buffalo Rifle: 19 Damage: 22!! :lol]

GM: Jacko is turned to MULCH with a single shot. Most of what was his upper torso is streaked across the empty play pen behind him.

Player B, your VERY CONVINCING plea falls upon deaf ears. Mostly because there isn't a head for them to be attached to any longer. Player A, be sure to deduct that .50 cal shell from your sheet. Player A next time consider holding your action to see if something like player B's Diplomacy check could have worked.

PLAYER A:  :flirt It's what my character would have done. Besides, who the hell uses Diplomacy? :devil

:shrug If  you aren't sure if you should or if you can take an action, please ask the question here in the Lounge. I have no problems with players having Tabletop Style discussions :argue :drunk. Perhaps you'd like to do something, but aren't sure of the  rules on HOW to do it. Just ask :teach.

:) These are really for everyone. I will eventually move this over to live on the rules board.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 09:23:41 PM by jacemachine »
Current PbP Games
The Artifact (Prologue) as GM
[d20M] Isle Noir: Bad Karma as GM

The Good, the Bad, and the Undead, playing as Father Ezekiel Ambrose

"When the GM smiles, it's already too late." --Anonymous Doomed Gamer

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
Re: The Lounge
« Reply #641 on: July 27, 2009, 07:02:12 AM »
And a happy birthday to J0lt :)
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

j0lt

• Hong Kong
  • Browncoat
« Reply #642 on: July 27, 2009, 10:43:23 AM »
Hey, if you go to the Hard Rock Cafe and tell 'em it's your birthday, they give you free stuff!   :D
PbP Games
The Artifact (prologue) as Dr. Henry Loder, Mayan archaeologist

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #643 on: July 27, 2009, 10:48:50 AM »
Awesome :D
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

j0lt

• Hong Kong
  • Browncoat
« Reply #644 on: July 27, 2009, 01:39:54 PM »
Guys, we are totally going to get massacred!  You guys are all doing exactly what NOT to do in a horror movie!  If we all stay apart, the cannibals are just gonna pick us off one at a time, and we'll end up with a big fat TPK resulting in NO MAIN CAMPAIGN (since we will have failed to acquire the titular Artifact).
You guys are supposed to be playing trained military types, yet you're all just standing out in the open trying to hack'n'slash as if you were a Barbarian in a D&D game!
Use cover, work together, or we're all going to die!
PbP Games
The Artifact (prologue) as Dr. Henry Loder, Mayan archaeologist

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #645 on: July 27, 2009, 01:43:25 PM »
Yeah, yeah, I'm getting to that. I had to cover Bones' drunken ass first :P

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #646 on: July 27, 2009, 06:27:05 PM »
I yelled for backup!  I'm not a coward, Richard stands his ground.    :P
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #647 on: July 27, 2009, 06:31:10 PM »
Can I hear Richard's call for backup? I'll post a Listen check in the game-thread :)

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #648 on: July 27, 2009, 10:24:15 PM »
Haha, until I realized that there was no other door, my intention was to get Richard and all from upstairs, compile ourselves downstairs with Russo's shit, and ride the night out.

Kinda.... yeah, I'm possibly gonna die..... might have thought of changing that course of action, since there's no door...

jacemachine

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks