Author Topic: Brainstorming Psionic Power Point Conservation: Efficient PP Use In Combat  (Read 5387 times)

snakeman830

• Organ Grinder
  • BG's resident furry min/maxxer
You use Split Ray and Chain Power when you manifest Energy Conversion.  It has a 10 minute/level duration, so this isn't bad.  You charge up long before fights in your Energy walls (make sure you keep the manifester level at or below 18 for electricity, 16 for fire and cold so you don't risk actually taking damage. Yes, you can voluntarily lower the manifester level for powers).  Psicrystal containment is necessary, even if it was neglected to be listed.  Alternatively, drop Split Ray entirely and just go with Chain.  It's freaking hilarious.

Psionic Shot/Aligned Attack are for when you actually fire the rays, which would be some time after you expended your focus for manifesting the metapsionic Energy Conversion.
I am constantly amazed by how many DM's ban Tomb of Battle.  The book doesn't even exist!

Quotes:[spoiler]
By yes, she means no.
That explains so much about my life.
hiicantcomeupwithacharacterthatisntaghostwhyisthatamijustretardedorsomething
Why would you even do this? It hurts my eyes and looks like you ate your keyboard before suffering an attack of explosive diarrhea.
[/spoiler]

If using Genesis to hide your phylactry, set it at -300 degrees farenheit.  See how do-gooders fare with a liquid atmosphere.

Lycanthromancer

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
You use Split Ray and Chain Power when you manifest Energy Conversion.  It has a 10 minute/level duration, so this isn't bad.  You charge up long before fights in your Energy walls (make sure you keep the manifester level at or below 18 for electricity, 16 for fire and cold so you don't risk actually taking damage. Yes, you can voluntarily lower the manifester level for powers).  Psicrystal containment is necessary, even if it was neglected to be listed.  Alternatively, drop Split Ray entirely and just go with Chain.  It's freaking hilarious.

Psionic Shot/Aligned Attack are for when you actually fire the rays, which would be some time after you expended your focus for manifesting the metapsionic Energy Conversion.
Yes, exactly. Thanks for fielding this one while I was out. :D
[spoiler]Masculine men like masculine things. Masculine men are masculine. Therefore, liking masculine men is masculine.

I dare anyone to find a hole in that logic.
[spoiler]
+1 Lycanthromancer
Which book is Lycanthromancer in?
Lyca ... is in the book. Yes he is.
 :D
shit.. concerning psionics optimization, lycan IS the book
[/spoiler]