Author Topic: Skies of Arcadia Recruiting and OOC  (Read 200325 times)

Ubernoob

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Happy Panda
    • Email
Re: Skies of Arcadia Recruiting and OOC
« Reply #560 on: July 24, 2008, 07:31:25 PM »
So, in a month or less I get my laptop.  Any way I could get back in on this?
Ubernoob is a happy panda.

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
« Reply #561 on: July 24, 2008, 07:33:50 PM »
Ixa'taka is officially at three players, as we lost DaveTheMagicWeasel. We have a couple of contenders for Option C, but mine's a bit of a landlubber.

Mid-Ocean does give you a lot of options...

We'll see if this discussion goes anywhere before I start jumping ships. I just really want to play in this.

Jumping ships in this game could very easily get you killed.  ;)

So, in a month or less I get my laptop.  Any way I could get back in on this?

Have I ever said no to another player? Well, except Midge.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

AlisAtAn

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
    • Email
« Reply #562 on: July 24, 2008, 10:14:40 PM »
Midge?

Also, I`m curios how many games youre currently DM`ing\maintaining? If every setting counts as one... Just these or do you have more balls in the air?
Odin, Feral Shifter Feral Shifter. "Can I drown the dead rat now?"
Loke, Dread Magnate "Me all good and nice. Ask any questions and I`ll kill you twice."

DnD classes is kind of like art. You make lots of stuff that everyone loves but aint no fun to play. This one is like getting a nude pic of Britney Spears when she was hot above your bed.  Anyone can appreciate it. And it works as it should in practise, not just in theory. -Me to Strato regarding his Elemental

Ubernoob

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Happy Panda
    • Email
« Reply #563 on: July 24, 2008, 10:17:59 PM »
Midge?

Also, I`m curios how many games youre currently DM`ing\maintaining? If every setting counts as one... Just these or do you have more balls in the air?
SF's lil bro.

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #564 on: July 24, 2008, 10:24:03 PM »
Midge?

My little brother. For a good example, look at my profile on Faelmax and find my Totemist CO Diary. Or, to quote myself:

IRL. I nearly lost my nuts that day.

Story goes simply. He gets pissed off over me making fun of his vision problems (1/2 blind), goes outside to get away from me, some back inside with shears. I lead him into the pool room, keeping my distance the entire time, and grab my dad's custom pool cue. Broke the damn thing over his shoulder, which made him collapse into tears on the ground. I get my hands on the shears, and lock myself into my bedroom until my parents get him. The see him on the ground crying still, the cue next to him in two pieces and know it was me who did it. I walk out of my room with the shears held by the blades, and try to explain my half of the story because Midge isn't willing to talk.

I still owe him a $700 pool cue, but he doesn't nag me about it considering it kept Midge out of Juvenile and me out of the hospital (which would have cost considerably more). If Midge had been successful with that attempt, my family would have ended with him (as there's no way in hell the little bastard is getting some from a willing woman).

As to the number of games I am running, I currently only have the Skies games here and a failing 4E Game IRL (failing because I dislike the system due to how similar each of the classes are). I am also in the Tides of Blood campaign as a LN Warforged Incarnate. Other than that, nothing else. Although I am capable of running as many as 15, I try not to meet that capacity to prevent the risk of me burning out.

Top it off with the fact that I'll be taking both Physics and ENC 1101 in a few weeks, and the (slowly progressing) TC/RPG that is being designed by myself and several Gameologists, and I'm really trying not to add anything else to that plate.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Ubernoob

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Happy Panda
    • Email
« Reply #565 on: July 24, 2008, 10:33:26 PM »
What region would I get back in?  Would I be able to pick up my warblade, or create a new PC?

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #566 on: July 24, 2008, 10:38:36 PM »
What region would I get back in?  Would I be able to pick up my warblade, or create a new PC?

I think we an get him back in, unless you would want to play in another region. You still want to play in the Ixa'taka campaign? I can also get him into the Mid-Ocean game, if you would like to play him there.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Ubernoob

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Happy Panda
    • Email
« Reply #567 on: July 24, 2008, 10:59:00 PM »
I think we an get him back in, unless you would want to play in another region. You still want to play in the Ixa'taka campaign? I can also get him into the Mid-Ocean game, if you would like to play him there.
Whichever is easier to work in.  I'll PM you once I get my laptop.

dman11235

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #568 on: July 25, 2008, 12:23:50 AM »
I'm still here for Lands of Ice with my waterbender of fun.  And best part is we're going to start up an edit of the avatar d20 project, since the GitP people are thick headed.  For the most part.  Meph is pretty cool.  Anyways, this way the changes that need to be made to those classes will be here.
My sig's Handy Haversack: Need help?  Want to see what I've done?  Want to see what others have done well?  Check it out.

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #569 on: July 25, 2008, 12:24:43 AM »
Have you let Jaron know?

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Rufei

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
  • Pyun pyun~!
« Reply #570 on: July 28, 2008, 03:52:01 AM »
Huh. So for a head count, who's interested in hanging out with us at Mid-Ocean? :)

Nox_Noctis

• Hong Kong
  • A Simple Exchange
    • Email
« Reply #571 on: July 30, 2008, 05:33:15 AM »
« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 05:41:48 AM by Nox_Noctis »
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #572 on: July 30, 2008, 05:53:58 AM »
Speaking of Agita, I am interested too. Thinking of statting out Vita from Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha and playing her in Ixa'taka or so, with a few fluff changes of course.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #573 on: July 30, 2008, 12:51:16 PM »

I hadn't noticed the combo before, but it is limited to Fire spells only, which really hinders its power. That, and I have a tendency to make Novas cry when they hit the 3rd encounter for the day. If you can only use it a total of 6/encounter, and only 13/14 uses a day, then it really isn't much of a problem for me to deal with. Playing a Red Moon Magus like that will be a bad decision on the player's part though.

Eratta'ing it would be worth my time though, as I am transferring the class here anyway. And most of my other players have opinions about the Blue and Green Magus options being considerable more useful at the lower levels. You can't get that trick to work before 20th, as you need Recumen's Eye just to pull it off.

And you will be using up spell slots like crazy if the enemies are Fire immune/resistant. Its more of a death-sentence to try a nova in one of my games, as I have established with a number of my RL players (namely my little brother).

Speaking of Agita, I am interested too. Thinking of statting out Vita from Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha and playing her in Ixa'taka or so, with a few fluff changes of course.

Welcome to the team.

Ixa'taka crew, sheet links on the SoA thread, please (not here, the Reference Thread).

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #574 on: July 30, 2008, 01:59:53 PM »
Welcome to the team.

Ixa'taka crew, sheet links on the SoA thread, please (not here, the Reference Thread).
Reporting for duty, sir. All that's left is pretty much the rest of my equpiment (that is, non-weapon and armor stuff), and Vita will be ready to go. I'll try and finish it before the caffeine wears off, and my brain remembers I've slept three hours out of the last 30.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Nox_Noctis

• Hong Kong
  • A Simple Exchange
    • Email
« Reply #575 on: July 30, 2008, 05:25:51 PM »
Not to be rude, but you really shouldn't (in most cases, and in my opinion) design a class solely for your own campaigns. And not every DM will run games in the same way. Though, to be fair, it's more limited in regular games arguably since most games don't use gestalt (thus disabling Swordsage as an option).

Anyway, I'm looking into playing a Factotum//Something (not decided yet), from either Mid-Ocean, Ixa'taka, or the Lands of Ice, but I'm leaning toward Mid-Ocean (and the other two would depend on whatever I decide fits the other half of the character).
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Callix

• Donkey Kong
  • Not cool enough for a custom title.
« Reply #576 on: July 30, 2008, 07:36:53 PM »
Already there.

@Agita: Gargel likes the frontline support. A lot. Especially the frontline healing and Iron Guard's Glare.

But you need better skills. None of your bonuses are in double digits. :P
I know gameology-fu.

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #577 on: July 30, 2008, 07:40:00 PM »
But you need better skills. None of your bonuses are in double digits. :P
That'd be because I'm a damage dealer/tank, not a skill monkey. Also, I wanted good armor. if it weren't for the check penalty, my jump skill would be in the double digits. :P

Callix

• Donkey Kong
  • Not cool enough for a custom title.
« Reply #578 on: July 30, 2008, 07:46:20 PM »
Have you checked Gargel's jump modifier? And that's to enable his damage-dealing. The fact that he can jump five feet straight up from standing without trying is just a bonus. The Hide, MS, Open Lock and Disable Device are just for skillmonkeying.
I know gameology-fu.

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #579 on: July 30, 2008, 07:48:25 PM »
Have you checked Gargel's jump modifier? And that's to enable his damage-dealing. The fact that he can jump five feet straight up from standing without trying is just a bonus. The Hide, MS, Open Lock and Disable Device are just for skillmonkeying.
Well excuse me for only needing to jump 10 feet horizontally in order to enable Leap Attack later. :P You reminded me, though, that I forgot about the human extra skill points.