Author Topic: Free Full RPG - Piecemeal the 'plug and play' RPG  (Read 1197 times)

Zzarchov

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Unofficial Games
Free Full RPG - Piecemeal the 'plug and play' RPG
« on: March 23, 2010, 12:06:02 AM »
While this tends to fall more in the 'OSR' camp, its still a complete game and quite far from OSR. Piecemeal is the 'Plug and Play' fantasy heartbreaker RPG. While it is a fully functionally game, I fully expect most gamers will simply pull the mechanics that interest them and plug them into their current game.

Piecemeal has the following mechanical features:

A combat system that is familiar to standard fantasy RPG's but encourages more than "I attack" and provides the type of interesting combats that keep people from wandering away from the table until its their turn again.

A social conflict system that makes a lawyer, leader or politician as interesting mechanically as a soldier.

A scalable magic system that allows more tactical choices than 'fire and forget'.

A priestly magic (miracle) system that distinguishes priests from mages in a very immersive way and encourages clerics to act as agents of their deities will.

A hit point system (luck point) that clearly distinguishes the difference between 'avoiding a blow HP' and 'absorbing the punishment HP' in a simple and immersive manner.

A 'Build a class' system where each character quickly and easily generates a class using 'pie pieces'

It has an awesomness score..you know you are interested.

'As you play' character generation option (Schrodinger's character)

An easy to play and use encumbrance system (the dot system)

Note that piecemeal is currently formatted in an interactive executable within the .zip, not a .pdf file. The .exe is mono compliant, so if you are using LINUX or Apple you will want to ensure you use MONO.

I have a beta of the rules available here:

http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/showthread.php/15503-Piecemeal-the-RPG-Beta-Version-1e

Check out my blog!  http://zzarchov.blogspot.com
Check out my Game Design Blog!

zzarchov.blogspot.com