Author Topic: Arcane Wildshape  (Read 4917 times)

ksbsnowowl

• Grape ape
  • Wishing I was a raging Norseman
Re: Arcane Wildshape
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2010, 11:34:13 AM »
Thought of another possible way to get wildshape.

Moonspeaker Guardian grants it at 5th level, though I don't recall what the prereq's are, or if it's even possible to advance arcane casting with it.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

KSB Snow Owl's Archer Build thread

Havok4

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • It can only be attributable to human error.
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2010, 03:58:39 PM »
Thought of another possible way to get wildshape.

Moonspeaker Guardian grants it at 5th level, though I don't recall what the prereq's are, or if it's even possible to advance arcane casting with it.

Nope, divine only, might be good for a cleric though.

PlzBreakMyCampaign

• Hong Kong
  • Immune to Critical Hits as a Fairness Elemental
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2010, 09:36:07 PM »
Limited Wish can emulate Psyref too.
Full transparency. Ew

PsyRef can swap out it's spells known.  We had a little thread about this and found nothing preventing it.  Can we say broken?
lolz
[Spoiler]
An interesting read, nice to see a civil discussion
The point of Spell Resistance is to make it harder to get buffed.
And healed. Don't forget that.
Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.
[/Spoiler]

Old Geezer's Law of Hobby Taste: The more objectively inconsequential a hobby is, the more disagreements within the community will be expressed in outrageously insulting, overblown, and ludicrously emotionally laden terms.

More Funny than Humble[Spoiler]
Quote from: PlzBreakMyCampaign
Your a shifter... you have all you ever need.
It blows MoMF out of the water

But if your greedy for more [Wish] for something that only effects you, like another class level or two that doesn't count against your ECL.
Quote from: hungryhungryhippo987
Yes, I'm the 3.0 "Masters of the Wild" shifter, the awesome kind. My favorite form to take is Force Dragon. Yes, I am immortal ... My character is hands down the coolest guy in the campaign and there is nothing I could possibly want.
PBMC gets a cookie for DotA r

Negative Zero

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2010, 11:57:35 PM »
Limited Wish can emulate Psyref too.
Full transparency. Ew

You know, it does say 'Produce any other effect whose power level is in line with the above effect'.

Hijax

• Donkey Kong
  • Kobolds ate my cookies
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2010, 03:00:39 PM »
... But ironically, one class may well be even better for this :

Warmage!

PsyRef can swap out it's spells known.  We had a little thread about this and found nothing preventing it.  Can we say broken?  Now you don't really even NEED limited wish, since every good spell will be one of your known spells, taking dips as needed to add more known slots.  I still have yet to fully explore this avenue, but once I have a master list of god on 'roids spells made for it, I'll let you know.

My dread necromancer buddy and his unlimited self heal+undead mastery will be stealing you job.
"There's more to apocalypse than running around like a maniac you know"
-B. M. Evilwizardington.
blogging at disasters made in china

OblivionSmurf83

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2010, 09:10:25 PM »
From the description of Psychic Reformation:

"The subject can also choose to forget powers it acquired when advancing to its current level, replacing them with new ones."

Implicit in this statement would be the notion that you can only pick spells from your spell list, surely. That is, a Warmage, Beguiler, or Dread Necromancer would only be able to select new spells from their spell list - ie, you wouldn't be able to learn entirely new spells. I appreciate that a RAW argument can be made that it just says 'replacing them with new ones', and doesn't mention what spell list they come from. With that in mind, if a Warmage was able to swap out their spells, it would make Psychic Reformation the most powerful spell in existence. My original Sorcerer/Planar Shepherd wouldn't need to exist, since a Druid/Planar Shepherd could just use one Wish to get every single useful Sor/Wiz spell they need onto their spell list.

johnboy069

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2010, 03:37:52 AM »
BOED also had the Sentinel of Bharrai Prc. It allows you to change into a bear, and progresses arcane casting.
This is johnboy069 and toryn from the wizards boards:)
\m/ RIP Ronnie James Dio, you will be missed.\m/ :bigeye

OblivionSmurf83

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2010, 04:05:20 AM »
Yep, I spotted that one, cheers johnboy.

On a similar wildshape topic, True Dragons (including Kobolds) can acquire an Alternate Form special ability. Wild Shape is a form of Alternate Form. Is there a rule based argument that allows Alternate Form to be used in place of Wild Shape?

Negative Zero

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2010, 06:08:07 AM »

On a similar wildshape topic, True Dragons (including Kobolds) can acquire an Alternate Form special ability. Wild Shape is a form of Alternate Form. Is there a rule based argument that allows Alternate Form to be used in place of Wild Shape?

I do not believe so.

johnboy069

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2010, 11:49:35 PM »

Thanks. I used that Prc last year with my animal companion Battle Sorcerer. It was a fun character to play.
This is johnboy069 and toryn from the wizards boards:)
\m/ RIP Ronnie James Dio, you will be missed.\m/ :bigeye