Author Topic: Hasn't someone started a Bleach game by now?  (Read 4427 times)

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
Hasn't someone started a Bleach game by now?
« on: October 21, 2009, 09:11:56 PM »
And if so, where do I sign up?
Gendou Ikari is basically Gregory House in Kaminashades. This is FACT.

For proof, look here:

http://www.layoutjelly.com/image_27/gendo_ikari/

[SPOILER]
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Katana of Enlightenment.
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

I HAVE BROKEN THE 69 INTERNETS BARRIER!

Risada

• Grape ape
  • Wearing this outfit in the name of SCIENCE!
    • Email
Re: Hasn't someone started a Bleach game by now?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2009, 10:57:06 PM »
Sadly, none I know of. Maybe the interest can begin here  :smirk

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2009, 11:05:46 PM »
Actually, from the awesomeness I've heard about from a friend's game, I'd rather play in a One Piece game. I've also played in a Gurren Lagann which was made of ten kinds of win.

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2009, 11:16:07 PM »
Having not seen Gurren Lagann, and having not seen enough One Piece lately... I'd rather start on Bleach.

Plus I just KNOW I'd pick up some weirdass Akuma no Mi to use as my power anyway...

For proof, look here:

[SPOILER]
Final Fantasy 7
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

Anklebite

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • I shall play you the song of my people.
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2009, 11:16:37 PM »
Actually, from the awesomeness I've heard about from a friend's game, I'd rather play in a One Piece game. I've also played in a Gurren Lagann which was made of ten kinds of win.

actually, the one piece game sounds kind of fun.  no spellcasting, but ToB allowed? and with wonky devil fruit thingies everywhere, that cause drowning in a sea based campain?  just too funny.
I do not suffer from paranoia; I enjoy every second of it.
Pioneer of the Ultimate Magus + Sublime Chord + Ultimate Magus combo

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2009, 01:47:06 AM »
I don't mean to encroach on the Bleach game forum, but as for the One Piece game, it apparently uses a custom system. Not all characters have devil fruit powers, but some of the craziest combat stuff comes from them. Still, all the stories I hear about the game sound awesome.

I'm sure a Bleach game would also be cool, though not in my interests since I haven't seen enough of the show.

I know return you to your regularly scheduled topic. :)

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2009, 06:21:36 AM »
I suggested one a while back.

There's a freeform RP at GitP, but it moves at such insane pace that I had to drop out. (seriously, it moves faster than some chat games) There's dozens of players, each with multiple characters.

Anyway, when you try to run a game in the Bleach setting its holes really start to become apparent...
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2009, 09:35:00 AM »
I suggested one a while back.

There's a freeform RP at GitP, but it moves at such insane pace that I had to drop out. (seriously, it moves faster than some chat games) There's dozens of players, each with multiple characters.

Anyway, when you try to run a game in the Bleach setting its holes really start to become apparent...

Care to elaborate?

For proof, look here:

[SPOILER]
Final Fantasy 7
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2009, 09:52:38 AM »
Care to elaborate?
If a spiritually active human (say, Uryuu) died in combat, would his soul just pop out and keep fighting? (and when they were exterminating the Quincy did shinigami have to kill each one twice?)

What happens to the people eaten by hollows when they are purified? Do they split or do they remain part of the ex-Hollows?

How come most shinigami don't actually do anything?

Do people in Soul Scoeity remember their past lives or not?

Why/how do gigai and artificial souls work in Soul Society?
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 09:56:03 AM by Prime32 »
My work
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2009, 12:34:22 PM »
If a spiritually active human (say, Uryuu) died in combat, would his soul just pop out and keep fighting? (and when they were exterminating the Quincy did shinigami have to kill each one twice?)

Probably not. Given that the fight occurs on a spiritual level it is basically assumed that whatever harms the body harms the spirit too, so if you die bodily, you die spiritually as well.
What happens to the people eaten by hollows when they are purified? Do they split or do they remain part of the ex-Hollows?

Souls eaten by Hollows are Lost Forever(tm). If that weren't the case, Soul Society probably wouldn't care to hunt the hollows beyond sport.
How come most shinigami don't actually do anything?

It is heavily inferred in the series that becoming a shinigami requires extensive training and only the moderately competent are actually sent to patrol the human world. Since becoming a Shinigami in Soul Society is not unlike having a high-payment military job, you get tons of applicants... the excess has to go somewhere. It is also heavily inferred that given some Hollow are particularly hard to defeat, sending a ton of Shinigami all at once is akin to giving them a (permanent) death sentence. Ergo, they only have one, maybe two Shinigami patrolling any given area at a time.

Also (this is my conjecture, though), given that Shinigami tend to give a certain vibe and that spiritually strong people are relatively plentiful, it is implied that sending a ton of Shinigami around at any given time would increase the general spiritual strength of the populace - thus creating more appetizing meals for Hollows and driving them out of Hueco Mundo. (This is supported by the fact that Ichigo's noseing around as a Shinigami contributed to awaken Orihime and Chad's powers, as well as allow Tatsuki to see spirits.)
Do people in Soul Scoeity remember their past lives or not?

It is somewhat demonstrated in the series that new souls can actually be born inside Soul Society. More to the point, it seems to be pretty hit-and-miss. (Remember the kid living inside the parakeet that Chad saved? That particular kid remembered Chad.) It would appear that either A) people in Soul Society tend to remember, but don't particularly care, or B) some remember, some don't. Those actually born inside Soul Society have no previous life to remember, obviously.
Why/how do gigai and artificial souls work in Soul Society?

Remember when they first invaded Soul Society? Urahara had to send them bodily through a passage that materialized them within Soul Society. That said there seems to be no reason to use gigai within it, or even a way to do so (since in the real world spirits have no mass, but in the spiritual world they do). The more likely answer is simply "you don't use gigai inside Soul Society".

Artificial souls seem to be the exception to the rule. They ARE, pretty much, compressed souls in the form of a pellet made to keep the gigai safe while Shinigami are busybodying around. The general understanding seems to be that once inside the gigai, the artificial souls get to move them around by extending their influence throughout the gigai. With that said, we go back to the point that there is no use in having a gigai lumbering around inside Soul Society (as, apparently, anyone within it can tell what's a soul from what's a gigai. I suspect that's part of the reason Aizen has a plot-device Zanpakutou as well).

Artificial souls just function oddly. Outside a body/gigai, they seem to have physical substance (demonstrated by the fact one can actually pick them up bodily). Once inside, however, they seem to act as spiritual particles (demonstrated by the fact Urahara and Rukia can stab/punch the pellets out of the bodies by means of their equipment). Whether this property remains the same inside Soul Society or not is anyone's guess.

Honestly, I think the biggest question is... if Urahara is on Earth against Soul Society will (having escaped there, obviously), why is A) his presence within Karakura seem to be ignored by Soul Society at large (considering Rukia knows him by name) and B) who does he get his merchandise from, since Yoruichi seems to be in the same boat as him? The answer to B) could be "he just makes his own stuff", but that's unlikely due to the whole Kon episode, and also because he apparently gets Soul Society-brand products (as demonstrated by Rukia's insatisfaction with him not carrying Chappy-brand artificial souls).

For proof, look here:

[SPOILER]
Final Fantasy 7
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

Midnight_v

• Organ Grinder
  • Dulce et decorum est pro alea mori.
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2009, 01:20:57 PM »
Okay... okay... I'll bite.
What is bleach? Kuroimaken?
\\\"Disentegrate.\\\" \\\"Gust of wind.\\\" \\\"Now Can we PLEASE resume saving the world?\\\"

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2009, 01:40:40 PM »

Anime/manga series basically made up of freaky people in spirit form that fight for a myriad of reasons, including but not limited to satisfying one's own ego, saving the girl in the bigass white tower, and keeping world peace.

For proof, look here:

[SPOILER]
Final Fantasy 7
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2009, 02:01:21 PM »
Nowadays? Dragonball Z with swords and less space between the fights. :(

It's the third-biggest Shonen Jump manga after One Piece and Naruto.

Kuro, another oddity in Bleach is "Does only Japan have an afterlife?"
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 02:08:38 PM by Prime32 »
My work

Midnight_v

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2009, 02:08:34 PM »
 ;) nah I'm just joshin ya'll!

Okay so you know psywarriors have a acf that lets them summon a zambakto?
Its the bonded weapon thing... perfect for this really.
\\\"Disentegrate.\\\" \\\"Gust of wind.\\\" \\\"Now Can we PLEASE resume saving the world?\\\"

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2009, 02:11:01 PM »

It's ZAN-PA-KU-TOU! :mad

Ahem. I'd go for an expansion of intelligent item powers combined with Item Familiar so your sword can cast Tenser's Transformation on you or turn into a elemental.
My work

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2009, 02:12:36 PM »
Nowadays? Dragonball Z with swords and less space between the fights. :(

It's the third-biggest Shonen Jump manga after One Piece and Naruto.

*smites you for that*

I assume not, but given that the whole story happens in Japan, it doesn't really make much sense for them to show afterlives from other countries now, does it?

For proof, look here:

[SPOILER]
Final Fantasy 7
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2009, 02:17:05 PM »
*smites you for that*
It annoyed me whenever I heard people say it. Then when the anime went into filler again I read the manga. With all the deaths, coming back to life, powerups and backstabbings it's just seeming like a random series of events right now. :bigeye Plus, the Captains have been fighting for how long?

I assume not, but given that the whole story happens in Japan, it doesn't really make much sense for them to show afterlives from other countries now, does it?
Sure, but that doesn't explain why Hollows are apparently Mexican. ???
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 02:19:11 PM by Prime32 »
My work

Midnight_v

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2009, 02:24:04 PM »

It's ZAN-PA-KU-TOU! :mad

Ahem. I'd go for an expansion of intelligent item powers combined with Item Familiar so your sword can cast Tenser's Transformation on you or turn into a elemental.

Really? Isn't there weapon ability that does something like that? Ah well... I've watched a more than a few even got inspired by it and made a sword that I felt was like the "Scatter" blade but alas this will clearly not be my foray into online dming. As i dont' know enough about the setting.

Then again... thats an iteresting topic. So you think then in other coutries there are different/the same organizations of soul societies and the such... it'd be and interesting game to do a more gritty tale set in London or Wow... Africa... that would be a place where the Hollow's are actually winning... I mean to say way more numerous and milk the herd severly so to speak?

Soo... okay when you say a "Bleach" game... how do you want that to work? Another story set in japan with the bleach story occuring in the background or are you trying to pull an ichigo fufillment fantasy?  :P
Seriously... you do just mean with the bleach "rules" so to speak right?

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2009, 03:09:39 PM »
*smites you for that*
It annoyed me whenever I heard people say it. Then when the anime went into filler again I read the manga. With all the deaths, coming back to life, powerups and backstabbings it's just seeming like a random series of events right now. :bigeye Plus, the Captains have been fighting for how long?

Sure, but that doesn't explain why Hollows are apparently Mexican. ???

Goddammit people, there ARE other countries that speak spanish besides Mexico... Like, y'know, SPAIN! For that matter, the Espada look to me like a collection of white-dressed toreadores.
Soo... okay when you say a "Bleach" game... how do you want that to work? Another story set in japan with the bleach story occuring in the background or are you trying to pull an ichigo fufillment fantasy? 
Seriously... you do just mean with the bleach "rules" so to speak right?

The idea actually crossed my mind for a moment, though for the sake of convenience (and probably to avoid total disconnection to the theme) we should probably stick to the terminology used in the anime/manga.

I don't have an Ichigo fulfillment fantasy. For the most part, I've been in a tentative game in Myth-Weavers that kinda just evaporated. That left me with this cool character concept I didn't get to play. I'd think the whole thing would probably be a little closer to the beginning of the series with other elements mixed in (teenagers with secret lives, so to speak).

Heck, I'd also be up for a game set in the Guilty Gear or BlazBlue universe, but Bleach kinda has a bigger following.

For proof, look here:

[SPOILER]
Final Fantasy 7
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

Midnight_v

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2009, 03:11:43 PM »
(teenagers with secret lives, so to speak).
  :bigeye
Ahh... well... okay.
Mabye next time...