Author Topic: IC Game Thread - The Hunt Starts  (Read 56948 times)

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
Re: IC Game Thread - The Hunt Starts
« Reply #120 on: November 22, 2010, 09:36:26 PM »
[spoiler]
Alenatorion, did you move the dwarf?
In case Alenatorion forgot, no you didn't. You found it that way too. [/spoiler]
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

When God gives you lemons... it's time to find a new God.

Like D&D Freakouts? Check out this 4th Ed one.

betrayor

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #121 on: November 23, 2010, 07:28:16 AM »
"No,I did not...
When I arrived he was allready like this......
Vey curious indeed"

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #122 on: November 26, 2010, 03:49:13 AM »
Melkior hovers in front, keeping at least a 20 foot distance from the demons. Alkazar walks by his side, so they will keep a speed greater than that of the demons. Melkior ignores the fact that the demons are walking at a slower pace, and doesn't slow up unless they loudly tell him that he is moving to fast.

The general casually looked behind him to see what was going on, but quickly turned back to the front as his lieutenant tapped him and pointed forward. They had arrived. Entering the room without waiting for an announcement, the general immediately moved towards the fallen dwarf. Checking him over quick, he surmissed that the fleshies had been correct in figuring out he was dead.

A moment later, the bur-lgura demon managed to get to the doorway, looking a bit wiped. Behind him stood the other demon, who didn't bother to try push himself passed and into the room.

"My, my, my. He really is dead. And he does look a lot like the Roryn guy that I've heard about." He looked at his lieutenant and smiled. "How much do you figure our little accountant can get us for this, on top of what we'd already planned we might get for a haul over the course of this job? Enough to retire? Oh wait, I'm thinking like a human. Immortals don't care about retiring. Now where was I? Oh yes."

Kneeling down, he held the dwarf's hands and steadied himself. Pausing for a moment to crick his neck, he nodded towards his lieutenant who placed a hand on the general's left shoulder, readying himself.

"Now then. If all of you would be so kind as to stand around me for the ritual, we can get on with this. I want to get this over with, and be paid as soon as possible. However, if any of you big, strong monkeys are too afraid to surround me on all sides when my hands are occupied, leave now. I refuse to babysit little babies who have no business being here."

[spoiler]Anyone with See Invisibility or anything of the like, can see the demon woman moving towards the top far corner of the room, crossing her arms, then proceeding to yawn.[/spoiler]

Mixster

• Grape ape
« Reply #123 on: November 26, 2010, 07:25:53 AM »
Demons, sigh, Pride is really a sin for you guys. Cast your spell quickly and be over with it, you surely do not need the help of puny mortals like us to cast it? Melkior replies, and hover slowly behind the demon.

Alkazar will keep to the back of his big muscly cleric meat-shield though.

[spoiler]Spellcraft spell on both of them to know which spell he is planning to cast:
Alkazar: 1d20+36=53
Melkior: 1d20+31=45,
Unless it is a level 29 spell I should know it, they will think about rituals that deal with ressurecting the dead (Since I know neither True Ressurection, Ressurection or Raise Dead needs a ritual), and speaking with the dead. Melkior will also try to find out whether such rituals are evil. If I cannot use it yet, I will use that roll when he starts to cast the spell.[/spoiler]
Monks are pretty much the best designed class ever.

JaronK

Meep Meep - Mixster out

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #124 on: November 26, 2010, 10:32:50 AM »
[spoiler]
If I cannot use it yet, I will use that roll when he starts to cast the spell.[/spoiler]
[spoiler]When it happens, you'll know.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: November 27, 2010, 01:56:19 AM by kevin_video »

Stormcrow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #125 on: November 27, 2010, 01:55:09 AM »
Raynor watches the demons as he stands up and then waits to see what happens he says out lauds for all to hear it

Knowledge Plans 1d20+17 ? [11,17] = (28)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2781175/

Bluff 1d20+12 ? [11,12] = (23)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2781165/

Intimidate  1d20+0 ? [12,0] = (12)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2781170/

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #126 on: November 27, 2010, 02:11:57 AM »
The general ignores pretty much everyone thing you say. He is completely unafraid of anything a mortal flesh monkey has to say to him.

"Either shut up and get in the circle, or shut up and get out. Either way, shut up. If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem. And just so you're well aware, I erase all problems that make themselves known to this group. Just because I live forever doesn't mean I can't die, and I'm not about to do so for your sake."

Stormcrow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #127 on: November 27, 2010, 02:59:33 AM »
" Ironicly We are in some agreement" as Raynor walks to the wall waiting for the others reactions ((if you can see him))

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #128 on: November 27, 2010, 03:00:48 AM »
[spoiler]
((if you can see him))
[/spoiler]
[spoiler]They can see you no problem. They don't seem too pleased that you're just walking away and not standing in the circle.[/spoiler]

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #129 on: November 27, 2010, 04:17:20 PM »
Rezzik attempts to recall if he knows whether a demon ritual of this nature would even need participants; Most spells he knows of only require one caster.

[spoiler]Spellcraft to determine what is being cast exactly and if it would need participants, as well as a Knowledge: Arcana roll just in case;

1d20(9)+35=44
1d20(19)+30=49
[/spoiler]

Dez, watching the proceedings as well, exchanges glances with Rezzik and does the same, as well as trying to determine the validity of the demon's claims.
[spoiler]Dez makes a Sense Motive check to see if there's anything underhanded about the ritual going on, as well as Spellcraft and Kn: Arcana like Rezzik did:

1d20(16)+16=32
1d20(15)+29=44
1d20(16)+27=43
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: November 27, 2010, 04:21:16 PM by VennDygrem »

Stormcrow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #130 on: November 27, 2010, 08:05:25 PM »
[spoiler]Raynor watches closely to the ritual [/spoiler]
[spoiler]Knolage arcna 1d20+17 ? [15,17] = (32) [/spoiler]

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #131 on: November 27, 2010, 11:48:45 PM »
[spoiler]None of you have any idea of what he's doing, but at the same time it could just be something he knows that you don't. Like maybe, forgotten magic.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]1d20+34 ? [20,34] = (54)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2782083/
You think he's being completely truthful. Maybe you're just not worldly enough to know what's going on.[/spoiler]

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #132 on: November 28, 2010, 12:50:30 AM »
@ Sohala
[spoiler]Going out the door into the main lobby area, passed the doors, and around the right corner, you see are two doorways. One leads to the study (Room 4), the other to a hallway with four more doors. You recognize the study due to the desk of fine craftsmanship and high chair that's pushed in. They are made of darkwood. No magic. A doorway leads out of that room, which takes you to the kennels (Room 8). There you find a few bags of food specifically for the animals. There is magic in there, but unless you're needing an endless decanter of water, or an everlasting feeding bag, they likely won't be of any real worth to you. Inside, you also notice a horse stable area that's cut off from areas that might be set aside for animal companions, familiars, etc. On the other side of the kennels is a door that leads outside.

You'll need to do a Search check if you want to find if there's anything else of value in here, that's not magical.[/spoiler]

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #133 on: November 28, 2010, 03:27:31 AM »
Rezzik approaches warily, but joins the ritual being conducted nonetheless. Normally he wouldn't aid any demon, but this was a situation that could lead to some answers; Besides, the chance to peer into some ancient or rare type of magic was too great to pass by.

Dez stands against the back wall, maintaining her lack of presence to keep up pretenses.

Sohala

• Hong Kong
  • Hammer Smash Good
    • Email
« Reply #134 on: November 28, 2010, 04:05:32 AM »
Elsewhere in the houseStudy, 1d20+9=12
Kennel 1d20+9=26

Looking for small closed/locked boxes, open books, potentially important papers, in the study.
Looking for information on what might have been lodged in the kennel.
Knowledge (Nature) 1d20+25=45
Survial 1d20+40=43
"You think I'm talking about breaking the rules?"
"No I'm just trying to figure out how far you want them bent."
[spoiler]
Characters
Ixen-Elemental Mage Test Game
Torgthen-The Darkening
Eldak-The Neverending Dungeon
Games
Dungeon Delver's Delight
Adventures in Eberron
Town of Terror
Working Progress
[3.5] Mana Mage

Mixster

• Grape ape
« Reply #135 on: November 28, 2010, 01:31:40 PM »
[spoiler]Since Melkior can draw his weapon as a free action, Melkior readies an action to attack the general if he does something Melkior doesn't approve of. IE detecting him casting a spell that he would not want to get cast.

Since he doesn't suspect them doing anything particularly evil, Alkazar will not be more ready than having celerity usually makes you.[/spoiler]
Monks are pretty much the best designed class ever.

JaronK

Meep Meep - Mixster out

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #136 on: November 28, 2010, 01:58:16 PM »
The general looks at Melkior placing a hand by his weapon, and chuckles. "This is why I like humans, even if they are mortal flesh monkeys. No trust. The prime material demon. You can kill your own kind without a second thought, and it doesn't even have to be in battle. Your people try to hide it behind words such as 'justice' or 'honor' or 'for the greater good', but you know that's only a pretense for how you really feel. You lavish in the very thought of it. We demons find that to be an admirable, almost redeeming, quality in your lot."

Looking over at the bar-lgura, he nods his head. The bar-lgura positions himself into the door's frame so that he can not be easily moved, and raises an open hand. Taking a deep breath, he readies himself.

"Don't screw this up, Thurg. We've got one shot at it. If anything goes wrong, you know what to do."

With the room silent, the death knight looks directly at the fallen dwarf's face, and says a command word. [spoiler]Something on him casts Speak with Dead.[/spoiler] The dwarf's body shimmers slightly, but does nothing. The general shakes the dwarf a bit before tapping his lifeless face a few times.

The bar-lgura and other death knight stay in their readied position.

Well. That's odd. Oh well. Guess that means you don't get to learn what you're facing off against.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 02:28:10 PM by kevin_video »

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #137 on: November 28, 2010, 02:34:13 PM »
@ Sohala
[spoiler]#2 was the statuary. There's a ceremonial silver dragon, and a minotaur head with ruby gems in it. For you level the value is minimal.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]You find that there's a lot of space for more items, but they were likely taken when they went out on the trip, or when the paladin came back recently. What you do find is an animal trainer's kit, an animal training pole, a vial of Nature's Drought (+1 circumstance bonus to Handle Animal and Wild Empathy for 1 day), and an animal training outfit.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]There's not much on the table. While you're going through it, you're noticing various pages that should be around, are missing, and it looks like someone's recently rummaged through a few piles that were on the floor. Animals talked about are mounts, riding dogs, dire bears, and snakes, owls, and wolves. These kennels housed whatever someone brought with them.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]The hallway leads you to two doors that lead to two rooms that look almost cookie cutter identical to each other. They are spare bedrooms, likely for servants and guests. The only difference is that the first one has a closet (Room 9).[/spoiler]

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #138 on: November 28, 2010, 02:46:30 PM »
Dez smirks. She knows she discussed what she could gather about their predators with Rezzik earlier, and decides to let him act as he will.

Rezzik seems a bit confused at what is going on. <<A demon failing a grade-3 spell? Either something is wrong with them, or something is wrong with the dwarf. Probably a little of both.>> he thinks to himself.

Remembering what Dez had told him earlier about what they are likely facing, Rezzik says, "Oh, is that all you were attempting to deduce from this? I'd have thought you would already have figured that out ages ago, especially given your reputations."

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #139 on: November 28, 2010, 03:10:20 PM »
The general merely glances in Dez's direction without actually looking at her.

"My dear. While it is a fairly simple spell, I would like to remind you of something. While I'm sure you know what spell was cast, as well as what it does, you seem to be missing something quite crucial. If you may recall, there are only a few instances where the spell will not work. One. The corpse is destroyed to the point it can't give up any information. Correct me if I'm wrong, but he looks like he could speak if he was reanimated. Two. The spell fails to go off. Items can't fail. I used an item. It didn't fail. Three. Someone has used the spell within the last week. He still looks fairly fresh, so it's more like the spell was used in the past few hours. Have any of YOU used the spell? I would assume not, or else you would have brought that up as opposed to questioning our reputation. Four. You seem to have missed what I said entirely, and that's good for us."

[spoiler]Check the OCC for the updated map. You're all in blue. Let me know if that's where you are.[/spoiler]