Author Topic: The Tides of Time: Chapter 1 - The First Wave  (Read 26944 times)

AfterCrescent

• Organ Grinder
  • Here After
Re: The Tides of Time: Chapter 1 - The First Wave
« Reply #60 on: September 22, 2008, 04:37:21 PM »
As the burn victim lays on the ground, convulsing, it quickly becomes apparent that if he is not given immediate aid, the wounds will only continue to get worse.  Realizing this, Tarwin says a quick prayer and grants the sailor a splash of Kord's power.  The burns and wounds begin to slightly scab, and the convulsions slow and then stop.  The man will live to see another day.
[spoiler]Stabilize (1d100=38) After a Cure Minor Wounds, he's stable at -1 now.[/spoiler]
The cake is a lie.
Need to play table top? Get your game on at:
Brilliant Gameologists' PbP Forum. Do it, you know you want to.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook
The 13th Guard - An alternate history campaign idea.
Clerics just wake up one morning and decide they need to kick ass, and it needs to be kicked NOW. ~veekie

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #61 on: September 23, 2008, 11:50:48 AM »
He looks among the motley bunch of escapees and is concerned that they wont fare so well unarmed. "You might want to grab whatever weapons you can find. Since that one sailor escaped so there's bound to be more showing up any minute now."

He notes the burned body and an idea hits him. "Does anyone have a torch? Mine glows by magic, but if we have a real torch available, I have an idea...we start a fire above deck and in the confusion we find a dingy and escape. Better yet, if Brend could set fire to the sails, I think they'd have difficulty following us."
« Last Edit: March 16, 2009, 06:23:10 PM by skydragonknight »
It always seems like the barrels around here have something in them.

AfterCrescent

• Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #62 on: September 23, 2008, 03:00:54 PM »
Query: What is a 'sails?' Brend inquires as he turns to face Dimen. If it is combustible, this one could set fire to it.
The cake is a lie.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook
Clerics just wake up one morning and decide they need to kick ass, and it needs to be kicked NOW. ~veekie

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
  • Aistii valoa auttavasti
    • Email
« Reply #63 on: September 24, 2008, 07:28:35 PM »
"You ponder that, I will meanwhile make our foes harmless," Gammoan says with voice that radiated evil.

OOC: I'll tie the leader and shut his mouth with a cloth and coup de grace the rest. Actually, I tie one guy, the leader and kill the rest.

Handy Links

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #64 on: September 25, 2008, 11:22:33 PM »
Dimen assists the gnome by puncturing a sailor's heart with his fingers plunged straight into the man's chest. He withdrew the bloody hand and wiped it on the man's clothing.

Coup-de-grace. (2d6+8=12)

AfterCrescent

• Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #65 on: October 10, 2008, 03:27:48 PM »
Gammoan sets about tying the leader and the angry sailor that attacked Tarwin together while Dimen finishes off the others.  As he begins to drag the bodies into the room and toss them down into the bilge below, the bound leader begins to wake up.  He sits there stunned for a few more seconds as his sight and senses come back to him. "Wha.."
The cake is a lie.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #66 on: October 15, 2008, 07:49:03 PM »
"One of them is up, who wants to ask him some questions?"

Handy Links

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #67 on: October 16, 2008, 10:25:24 AM »
"I'll be keeping watch. One of you better do it." Dimen said.

The blood on his hand was washing away the doubt that was there previously. No doubt these people were in league with the man who killed his master!
« Last Edit: March 16, 2009, 06:23:30 PM by skydragonknight »

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #68 on: October 16, 2008, 10:29:14 AM »
[since Tshern and ksb won't answer the bug...]

Offscreen, Dimen coaches the mutant fire-breathing bug about what 'sails' are--large clothy things suspended vertically on a pole to catch the wind that propels the ship. They're also quite flammable.

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #69 on: October 23, 2008, 08:12:42 PM »
"I can get to it, you keep guard," Gammoan replied and turned towards the leader of the group. "Now, I am sure you can give us some answers. A failure to answer properly and truthfully will amount to indescribable pain. Do not worry, we have plenty of experience in that. First: Where are we? Second: Why are we here? Thirdly: How do we get out"

Handy Links

AfterCrescent

• Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #70 on: October 24, 2008, 06:11:30 PM »
Wha... The man shakes his head for a moment, clearing away the last remnants of the spell and looks around the room, seemingly taking in the entire scene. After an audible *gulp*, the man begins to answers Gammoan's questions.

You're on The Sailing Blade.  I... I don't know why you're here. I don't ask questions. Especially about prisoners.  If you think you can swim to shore, you can go down the hall and take the stairs to the deck. Otherwise, it'd probably be better to untie me and go back to your cell.

As the sailor answers Gammoan's questions, Dimen overhears the ship's name, The Sailing Blade. He distinctly remembers hearing that ship's name a couple months back. Seems the ship has a reputation for transporting anything, if the price is right.

[spoiler]Know (local) (1d20+5=11, 1d20+2=17) Of course SDK rolls higher than KSB :P[/spoiler]
The cake is a lie.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #71 on: October 27, 2008, 01:46:33 PM »
"Do we believe this loser? I think not, but let's see if he can fix his lies. You had better try again and give us some more information. Tell us everything about the ship.

Handy Links

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #72 on: October 27, 2008, 03:56:16 PM »
Sense Motive (1d20+3=6)

It sounds like he's telling the truth. I've heard of the Sailing Blade. It's a pirate ship that'll sell anything, so it fits. Still...we should probably take him with us to see if he's giving us the right directions. That way we can kill him if he's lying.

Aid Another: Intimidate (1d20-2=8)
(I need at least a +2 circumstance bonus to Intimidate for mentioning his death to aid you, Tshern)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2009, 06:13:01 PM by skydragonknight »

ksbsnowowl

• Grape ape
  • Wishing I was a raging Norseman
« Reply #73 on: October 29, 2008, 09:19:29 PM »
"Yes, I think he is not being as forthcoming as he should be; perhaps I did the wrong thing in healing him.  However, that wouldn't be hard to rectify."

Intimidate (1d20+7=21)
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

KSB Snow Owl's Archer Build thread

AfterCrescent

• Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #74 on: October 30, 2008, 02:48:58 AM »
The sailor begins to shake a bit, possibly in fear. I... I'm not lying. Please don't hurt me.  You really are on The Sailing Blade. We're about a day's sailing out to sea. The coast faded out of sight yesterday sometime. The store rooms are that way. He indicates with a nod to the right, back toward the room you all escaped from. I mean... What else do you want to know?
The cake is a lie.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook

ksbsnowowl

• Grape ape
« Reply #75 on: October 30, 2008, 03:00:09 AM »
"Why were we abducted?  Who paid you to transport us?  Where are we being transported to?  How many other pieces of kidnapping scum are there on this ship?" Tarwin states, inclining his head toward the sailor so as to make perfectly clear that the sailor before him is included in that list of scum.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

AfterCrescent

• Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #76 on: October 30, 2008, 03:02:39 AM »
I don't know. I'm not the captain! I'm just one of like thirty other sailors.
The cake is a lie.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #77 on: November 11, 2008, 09:13:17 PM »
Then he comes with us. And if he was lying we kill him.

(who wants to carry the human shield?)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2009, 06:13:12 PM by skydragonknight »

AfterCrescent

• Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #78 on: December 02, 2008, 03:46:38 PM »
P...Please don't kill me. I just follow orders! We're sailing to the capital of Vrynn.  Clearly scared of the three men who decimated his sailors, the minor leader begins to sob as he begs for his life.

As his sobbing dwindles, Gammoan hears a door slam open and footsteps descend down stairs in the distance.

We know you are there, Scum! Release your captives and return to your cell and no further harm shall befall you.

The voice is gruff, laced with a thick dwarven accent and carries down the hallway and into the bilge room exit with you.
[spoiler]Listen (1d20+1=10, 1d20+2=7, 1d20+3=6) Wow the dice hated most of you ;)

Vrynn is the name of the country, Knowledge Local if you care to know more.
I assume you are all in the room during the questioning, since you've all talked to him. Let me know if I'm mistaken about that.[/spoiler]
The cake is a lie.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook

ksbsnowowl

• Grape ape
« Reply #79 on: December 04, 2008, 09:51:56 AM »
Startled at the gruff voice from down the hall, Tarwin jerks upright.  He feels a welling of power churning deep within his soul; a churning he has come to dread.  Very quickly a curse finds its way to his lips.

"Schisse..." he curses in a tongue of the lower planes.  Any onlookers in the room would see him staring at his hands in horror.

[spoiler]Player note: I'm giving myself a maximum of 5 rounds before I release an "uncontrolable" burst of Eldritch "fire."[/spoiler]