Author Topic: The Tides of Time: Chapter 1 - The First Wave  (Read 26917 times)

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
Re: The Tides of Time: Chapter 1 - The First Wave
« Reply #140 on: May 06, 2009, 09:37:51 PM »
"So...should we leave the ship on their terms or on our terms?" Dimen asked the other two, a glint in his eyes showing his eagerness to get off the ship.
It always seems like the barrels around here have something in them.

ksbsnowowl

• Grape ape
  • Wishing I was a raging Norseman
« Reply #141 on: May 08, 2009, 01:16:18 AM »
"Well, for myself I'd like to get my weapons back before we depart.  Though I do miss a proper meal..." Tarwin says as his stomach grumbles loudly.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

KSB Snow Owl's Archer Build thread

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #142 on: May 08, 2009, 04:03:47 AM »
"I think they should pay for imprisoning us, don't you?" he asked, catching his fist in his hand.

ksbsnowowl

• Grape ape
« Reply #143 on: May 08, 2009, 11:50:39 AM »
"True, if things are truly as they appear."
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
  • Aistii valoa auttavasti
    • Email
« Reply #144 on: May 10, 2009, 07:49:33 AM »
"I doubt they'll let us out this easily. We should prepare for a fight when they say we are ready to leave. We wrecked quite a havoc, something buccaneers might reluctant to forget, much less forgive," Gammoan states calmly from the corner of the room.

Handy Links

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #145 on: May 10, 2009, 11:29:29 AM »
Dimen agrees. "Alright. Then let's be ready."

[spoiler]When I hear pirates, I'm using Inertial Armor. "Shield's up."[/spoiler]

AfterCrescent

• Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #146 on: May 10, 2009, 02:29:04 PM »
[spoiler]So you all are waiting until the ship docks?[/spoiler]
The cake is a lie.
Need to play table top? Get your game on at:
Brilliant Gameologists' PbP Forum. Do it, you know you want to.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook
The 13th Guard - An alternate history campaign idea.
Clerics just wake up one morning and decide they need to kick ass, and it needs to be kicked NOW. ~veekie

AfterCrescent

• Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #147 on: May 11, 2009, 09:30:43 PM »
The bustling sounds of the sailors moving around on deck carries on well past sunset.  Apparently there are many preparations to be made before a ship this size can dock.  Sails being hoisted, decks being swabbed, and all manner of ropes being adjusted keeps many sailors up late into the night.  The rest of the sea is quiet, however.  The waves are quiet, and no noises reach the ship from land.

Looking out of the window, though, allows you to see the small dim lights on land.  The ship will make dock in a decent sized town, you'd guess from the number of lights.  After most of the lights on land turn off, and the sailors finish their work, the sounds on deck shift from a bustling, industrious noise, to a rowdy, joyous sound.  Early celebration at its best.  The celebration carries on until almost midnight, when the sounds slowly start to die off, and the more celebratory sailors can be heard sleeping in the hallways.

Finally, after managing to grab some shut eye, the sun breaks on the horizon and the grumbling of hung-over sailors breaks the silence.  It isn't long before the ship lurches forward and moves into a swift gait.  The land in the distance closes quickly, while you prepare to depart from the ship.  As the ship slows, bringing its body into port and alongside a stone pier, you steal a glimpse out a window and see the city connected to these docks: Ssan Ryss.

The city itself is a little under a mile uphill from the beachhead where The Sailing Blade is making port.  High stone walls surround the fairly large city, and farmland, including smaller farmsteads and mini-villages, surround the stone walls.  The ship comes to a halt while you examine the city in the distance, and the sounds of feet on stone echo as sailors leap across to moor the ship.

Within a few minutes, footsteps can be heard rapidly approaching the door.  A rough knocking is quickly followed by the semi-familiar gruff dwarven voice calling out, It's time to go.
[spoiler]Inertial Armor is active.  Feel free to roll initiative and take your first action if you're entering combat.[/spoiler]
The cake is a lie.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook
Clerics just wake up one morning and decide they need to kick ass, and it needs to be kicked NOW. ~veekie

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #148 on: May 11, 2009, 10:14:45 PM »
Dimen opened the door and took a step back. "Do you have their weapons?" he says gesturing towards his devil-touched and gnomish friends.

[spoiler]Readied action to throw a punch if he doesn't say yes -and- he moves towards me.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 10:43:11 PM by skydragonknight »

AfterCrescent

• Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #149 on: May 11, 2009, 10:19:57 PM »
The dwarf takes a step back as Dimen pulls the door open, his hand moving instinctively to the weapons at his side.  He doesn't draw them, though. His eyes lock on Dimen, carefully watching for any movement that the monk might attack. No. I'm just the messenger. He begins to slowly back away, down the hall.
The cake is a lie.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #150 on: May 11, 2009, 10:52:13 PM »
Dimen looks at the Dwarf and then at his Gnomish friend. "So, Mr. Dwarf, what's your favorite color?" he says as he moves back and nods to the Gnome.

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #151 on: May 12, 2009, 08:03:57 AM »
"It is about time to get some ground under our feet. This hasn't really been a pleasure cruise and sailing isn't exactly my element either."

Gammoan walks behind the two companions to protect himself from the possible fight, he did not have the time to put on any of his magical protections and he was desperate to get his possessions back and leave the lousy ship as soon as possible.

[spoiler]I changed my prepared spells while we were waiting for the ship to land, if that is okay. I only changed a single Color spray to Mage armor.[/spoiler]

Handy Links

AfterCrescent

• Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #152 on: May 12, 2009, 06:09:51 PM »
[spoiler]That's fine. :lmao I think you may have missed SDK's cue.
So is everyone good on following the dwarf retreating up the steps?[/spoiler]
The cake is a lie.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #153 on: May 12, 2009, 08:06:52 PM »
[spoiler]Stupid haste! Nevertheless, I will stay behind the brutes, I have no intention of stepping into the fight yet.[/spoiler]

Handy Links

AfterCrescent

• Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #154 on: May 13, 2009, 01:08:31 AM »
The dwarf raises an eyebrow at Dimen's question and flinches ever so slightly when he spots Gammoan.  However, as the gnome takes up a stance behind the others, he visibly relaxes a bit and continues to retreat down the hall.  If you don't want to get off the ship... he trails off and shrugs, still making his way down the hall but not taking his eyes off the trio (or at least the doorway Dimen occupies).
The cake is a lie.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook

ksbsnowowl

• Grape ape
« Reply #155 on: May 14, 2009, 10:08:20 AM »
"And what makes you think we DON'T want off the ship?" Tarwin asks with a dangerous gleam in his eye.  "We were promised the return of our weapons..."

AfterCrescent

• Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #156 on: May 14, 2009, 04:28:40 PM »
A flash of anger creeps across the dwarf's face at Tarwin's comment. And I already said I'm just the damned messenger.  Apparently done worrying about an attack, he risks turning his back on the others and starts for the stairs at the end of the hall.[spoiler]He's out of immediate melee range when he turns his back.[/spoiler]
The cake is a lie.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook

ksbsnowowl

• Grape ape
« Reply #157 on: May 14, 2009, 04:51:56 PM »
Tarwin follows, but keeps his distance.  He'll be warry* of everything until we're off the ship.

[spoiler]*Readied action to scorch anyone with an eldritch blast if they "make a move" toward any of the 3 of us.[/spoiler]

AfterCrescent

• Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #158 on: May 18, 2009, 04:58:11 PM »
Get off the damned ship.

The crowd parts slightly, showing a path to the plank leading to the dock.  At the bottom of the plank is a burlap sack, which could be the supplies taken from the three when they were captured.
The cake is a lie.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #159 on: May 18, 2009, 10:59:56 PM »
Dimen walks the plank, which fortunately leads to dry land. He picks up the sack and gives it to Tarwin.
"Let's get moving. I never want to see that ship again." he said.