Author Topic: Lledrithiedig Choedwig  (Read 29086 times)

Stratovarius

• Hong Kong
  • Player Resource Consortium
    • Email
Re: Lledrithiedig Choedwig
« Reply #160 on: November 13, 2008, 12:21:31 PM »
Back together in town, the five men regroup, looking about the village, meeting the eyes of the staring townsfolk who stare at the bloodied and battered members of the party. Roy, Vargon and Guthfrith, especially, are covered in blood, bandages once white stained a deep crimson, and trails of the substance running down their arms and torsos. The gentler among the villagers turn their eyes away, not wanting to look at the gore and the filth, but others come forward, some with buckets and cloth, and begin dabbing away the stained blood around the wounds. The three most wounded are bundled off quickly into the inn, where it is quickly apparent they will spend the night eating well and in bed, mothered over by worried townsfolk.

Shaedof and Loke are left to explore the town, and a small walk finds a fletcher, blacksmith, farrier, cooper, and wainwright, as well as a brewery attached to the back of the village hall. The rest of the structures are taken up by a few small houses and storage rooms, while around the hall is a scattered square full of disused market stalls. A quick question allows that the market is usually open one day per week.
Arhosa Campaign World - Always Recruiting
Past, Present, and Future
Osteomancy - Rune Magic - Astral Magic
Class and Rule Collection
Player Resource Consortium
That is not dead which can eternal lie
And with strange aeons even death may die

Ieniemienie

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #161 on: November 13, 2008, 12:28:33 PM »
[diablotown mode] eat, sleep, eat, back to the battle [/diablotown mode]
'DnD is not a game; it is a membership in a tribe that I joined long ago.'

Stupidity should be painful!

AlisAtAn

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
    • Email
« Reply #162 on: November 13, 2008, 01:33:30 PM »

Loke will discreetly ask around for a farm somewhere where he can see a mule. Doesnt have to be for sale. Preferably a small farm, poor, with few friends in town.
Odin, Feral Shifter Feral Shifter. "Can I drown the dead rat now?"
Loke, Dread Magnate "Me all good and nice. Ask any questions and I`ll kill you twice."

DnD classes is kind of like art. You make lots of stuff that everyone loves but aint no fun to play. This one is like getting a nude pic of Britney Spears when she was hot above your bed.  Anyone can appreciate it. And it works as it should in practise, not just in theory. -Me to Strato regarding his Elemental

TheWordSlinger

• Bi-Curious George
  • Nunc est bibendum
    • Email
« Reply #163 on: November 13, 2008, 02:16:09 PM »
Roy lays in bed, trying to relax and let his injuries mend.
As he sleeps, he dreams of gods of ancient times, great beings which surpass mortal description. Great beings who were forgotten, but who did not die.
[spoiler]Roy is attuning himself to the ancient Prayer techniques, selecting the Health and Hearth seed and attempting the Healer's Gift Era...
Know (Reli) (1d20+6=18)
Using one spell point and using effect one of Healer's Gift to heal self...
Healing (1d8+1=5)
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: November 14, 2008, 12:56:38 PM by TheWordSlinger »
Currently playing:
Forte Lulz, Chaotic EVIL Bard bent on world domination;
Canere Potentia, to sing of power.
Aralaxax, Warforged Osteomancer, Machines are my people, I wield bones as other wield swords.
Randall Gray, she's not sexually confused, honest!
Zion "I can make followers, but why bother when people line up for me?"
Currently DMing: Real Men Use Their Hands, World's Largest Dungeon
"If you can pretend to be a half-orc barbarian or a dwarf wizard then you can pretend to be an alpha male."-Ninjarabbit
"The hotel shop only had two decent books, and I'd written both of them."-Douglas Adams
"It's funny how the Earth never opens up and swallows you when you want it to." Xander Harris, Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Stratovarius

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #164 on: November 14, 2008, 12:01:51 PM »
The best Loke can find is a mule in town, where the family wants to charge him 15 gp for the creature.

[spoiler]Also, Roy, don't forget you can use effect #1 from Healer's Gift on yourself as well.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: November 14, 2008, 12:03:58 PM by Stratovarius »

AlisAtAn

• Email
« Reply #165 on: November 14, 2008, 01:34:59 PM »
Loke will make the farmer an offer he cant refuse. He`ll offer to buy it for 5gp complete with saddle, saddlebags, reins, and 10 days feed. And as a free bonus him and his family wont burn to death the following night in there sleep.

Actions:

Dread visage DC19 to soften him up, giving a -2 to saves.

Intimidate (1d20+14=31)
Loke, Dread Magnate "Me all good and nice. Ask any questions and I`ll kill you twice."

DnD classes is kind of like art. You make lots of stuff that everyone loves but aint no fun to play. This one is like getting a nude pic of Britney Spears when she was hot above your bed.  Anyone can appreciate it. And it works as it should in practise, not just in theory. -Me to Strato regarding his Elemental

Stratovarius

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #166 on: November 17, 2008, 11:43:44 AM »
The farmer agrees to Odin's price, if he pays 10 gold.

[spoiler]Ready to go hunting when you guys are, just let me know what historians are attuned to and such-like[/spoiler]

AlisAtAn

• Email
« Reply #167 on: November 17, 2008, 01:08:53 PM »
I paid less for getting a ride from your daughter last week. Thats one dirty girl, I tell ya... All right. 10. But you load it up with saddles and whatnot. I`m too old and weak... Loke has the sense to keep a ready eye on the farmer while he saddles up the mule for him. He`ll ride back to town in a good mood, always happy to rob small-folks. He`ll stay in his room until the team is ready to head back, ordering roomservice whenever he needs something.

TheWordSlinger

• Bi-Curious George
  • Nunc est bibendum
    • Email
« Reply #168 on: November 17, 2008, 01:34:25 PM »
[spoiler]Roy heals himself some more, still utilizing the Healer's Gift Effect 1
Healing (1d8+1=9)
[/spoiler]
Roy sits up in bed, marveling at the miraculous amount of healing his body underwent in the night. Those dreams... Roy holds his right hand in front of his eyes. A pale gold aura slowly comes into being around it. Guthfrith, come here.
[spoiler]Assuming Guthfrith wants to be healed (using Effect +1 and taking 1 damage...)
Healing (1d8+2=4)
And then using Effect #2 on Vargon, healing him 10 hp
[/spoiler]
Currently playing:
Aralaxax, Warforged Osteomancer, Machines are my people, I wield bones as other wield swords.
"If you can pretend to be a half-orc barbarian or a dwarf wizard then you can pretend to be an alpha male."-Ninjarabbit
"The hotel shop only had two decent books, and I'd written both of them."-Douglas Adams
"It's funny how the Earth never opens up and swallows you when you want it to." Xander Harris, Buffy the Vampire Slayer

EjoThims

• Grape ape
  • The Ferret
    • Email
« Reply #169 on: November 17, 2008, 11:51:34 PM »
Guthfrith rolls over and looks at Roy, shrugging a bit to let him do as he pleases.

Stratovarius

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #170 on: November 19, 2008, 01:29:00 PM »
With the best wishes, and a few longing glances, from the townspeople, the heroes set their path back towards the woods. There are a few harsh glances in the direction of Guthfrith and Loke, however, for Guthfrith had become quite a pest to the healers of the village, always moaning and whining about the unfairness of life and the pain and suffering that he was forced to undergo. Even pointing out that much of it was self-inflicted did little to quiet the constant complaints and mutterings from the grumbling martyr.

Loke, on the other hand, had come across as a strange and unusual old creature, switching rapidly from one statement to another, and never quite settled in what he was saying. There were even rumours that he had threatened one old farmer, but so far those were being discounted.

Roy had woken from a feverish, violent dream that morning, imagining himself in the role of a great hero from a long ago battle, one that he could only dimly recall in his waking moments. A wave of soldiers had charged down upon him and his men, only to be broken upon the blades of their axes, a firm line holding fast in the swirling maelstrom of battle.

Vargon awakes that morning, his body and mind focusing inward upon the core of magical energy that resides within each living creature, calling and coaxing it to rise and suffuse his being, filling his flesh with its energy and power. Flames and ice flickers from his fingertips, and he strides out to meet the new day.

Shaedof's reptilian form slithers from the bed, once more the older and weaker form than that emboldened by the strength of the Orc. Grasping his pouch of ritualistic tools, he pats his crossbow and joins his comrades, nostrils already flaring at the thought of fresh orc blood running through his hands.

Together, they follow the broken and beaten track into the woods, the marks of their battles two days ago not swept aside yet by the dew and the rain. Their footsteps sink into the wet ground, thudding quietly as they made their way towards the campsite of the orcs, the last known place that they had found their foes. Perhaps only halfway there, some began to gather ominous feelings.

[spoiler]Spot checks please.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 03:24:57 PM by Stratovarius »

TheWordSlinger

• Bi-Curious George
  • Nunc est bibendum
    • Email
« Reply #171 on: November 19, 2008, 02:26:16 PM »
[spoiler]Spot (1d20+2=5)
Roy has his eyes closed...[/spoiler]
Currently playing:

AlisAtAn

• Email
« Reply #172 on: November 19, 2008, 03:23:01 PM »
[spoiler]Spot check (1d20 1=13) [/spoiler]

Straw_Man

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #173 on: November 19, 2008, 04:14:13 PM »

[spoiler]
Spot (1d20=9)

Makes you wish you had a familiar, eh?  :eh [/spoiler]
"No, no, don't think, Maya." Ritsuko chided. "We will not gattai the Evas or their pilots.

Such thoughts lead inevitably to transformation sequences."

EjoThims

• Grape ape
  • The Ferret
    • Email
« Reply #174 on: November 19, 2008, 07:37:27 PM »
[spoiler]Guthfrith was busy looking at Roy having his eyes closed. 6[/spoiler]

Stratovarius

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #175 on: November 20, 2008, 12:07:51 PM »
Three orcs charge from brush towards their foes, weapons and shields held at the ready as they break from cover, engaging the hated adventurers. A large orc, bulkier than the rest, stands from his cover, winging a javelin towards Roy, but it lands short. Growling and roaring, he points at his foes with a giant axe, marching forward into battle.

[spoiler]Apparently, you are all blind.
Orc initiatives: 1d20=4, 1d20=10, 1d20=17, 1d20=20
Big Orc attack: 1d20+2=8.

Killing these four guys will make you level 2, btw.[/spoiler]

TheWordSlinger

• Bi-Curious George
  • Nunc est bibendum
    • Email
« Reply #176 on: November 20, 2008, 12:22:22 PM »
Roy shouts at the top of his lungs, charging to engage the big orc, his club gripped tightly in both hands.
[spoiler]Initiative (1d20+2=3) :banghead
Aimed Blow, Raging, Charge attack
Attack, damage (1d20+8, 1d8+6=[7, 8], [8, 6])[/spoiler]
Currently playing:

AlisAtAn

• Email
« Reply #177 on: November 20, 2008, 01:51:17 PM »

When everyone else has done there thing Loke will stare stupidly at the big orc. Loke and his mule is behind the rest of the team, ready to flee at a moments notice should they start loosing.

[spoiler]Initiative (1d20-3=2) Dooont worry Wordslinger. Loke got your back.  :D

Loathsome Visage DC19
[/spoiler]

Straw_Man

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #178 on: November 20, 2008, 02:32:22 PM »

Vargon fixes the large orc with his eyes and murmers "Still". The skill of the Biyan flowing fresh through him he fixes another one casually and does speaks again as he heads for cover.

[spoiler]Initiative (1d20-1=18)

Yes - the Castle's hate has ended!!  :D

Standard action: Use The Body Stilled Motionless seed on the orc Roy is charging (DC 15 Will), then using the Repeating Magic I use the seed again. I'll target the same orc if it made its save (DC 16 Will), if it failed I'll target the nearest orc (DC 15 Will).

Effect: Target creature equal to or below 2HD is paralysed, makes a Will save every round to negate.

Move action: Move to cover and draw handaxe.[/spoiler]
"No, no, don't think, Maya." Ritsuko chided. "We will not gattai the Evas or their pilots.

Such thoughts lead inevitably to transformation sequences."

EjoThims

• Grape ape
  • The Ferret
    • Email
« Reply #179 on: November 20, 2008, 04:40:05 PM »
Guthfrith sighs at the Orcs, then drags his razor down his arm, creating another crimson gash from which he flings a drop of blood at the Orc that hasn't moved yet.

[spoiler]9 Init

3 damage, and a hit with Fettered Mind! Init 4 Orc is dazed for 2 rounds. Huzzah![/spoiler]