Author Topic: Regeneration Build  (Read 4645 times)

Athanasie

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
Regeneration Build
« on: August 01, 2010, 09:44:10 PM »
I would like to build a regeneration build with highest regen possible.
Lvl is 10-12, not higher.

At moment I can imagen vampire, fast healing 5, troll-blooded, regen 1 and Warshaper, fast healing 2......if this could be built ^^
Is there anything better?

Books are:

Feat/Class/Item/spell Bible
PHB 1+2, DM Guide 1+2, Monster Manual 1-5
Book of Exalted Deeds, Cityscape
Complete Adventurer, Complete Warrior, Complete Mage, Complete Arcane, Complete Champion, Complete Divine, Complete Scoundrel
Draconomicon, Dragon Magic 2
Drow of the Underdark, Dungeonscape, Elder Evils, Exemplars of Evils
Fiendish Codex 1+2, NO Fiendish Folio
Frostburn, Sandstorm, Stormwrack
Heroes of Battle, Heroes of Horror
Libris Mortis, Lords of Madness
Magic Item Compendium, Planar Handbook, Manual of the Planes
Races of......
Spell Compendium, Unearthed Arcana

and a few Forgotten Reals Adventures

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
Re: Regeneration Build
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2010, 09:50:46 PM »
Saint templateBoED gets you fast healing 10 for +2 LA. Fast healing doesn't normally stack, but it's a powerful template anyway (it might even grant immunity to the energy types which overcome your Troll-Blooded regeneration, I can't remember).

I'm not sure whether the fast healing from evolved undeadLM would stack with saint (IIRC it explicitly increases your existing fast healing).

An undead creature can carry black sandSand on his person so that he's taking constant negative energy damage.

Damage reduction is sometimes flavoured as recovering from minor wounds instantly.

Your DM might have issues with you being an exalted undead though. For class I'd say Ferocity barbarian/frenzied berserker, but lacking a Con score might cut your rage duration.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 10:05:46 AM by Prime32 »
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

dna1

• Hong Kong
  • Im not albino Im just from Alaska
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2010, 12:47:16 AM »
Feral gives you fast healing.

I wouldnt go vampire.. +8LA just for fast healing is alittle much. Even half-troll would be better. or for +8LA you could even be a full blooded troll if memory serves....

Troll-blooded is pretty good  :D

Also you could go like Half-troll Fiendish Gravetouched Ghoul Swarm-Shifter   lol
have regen and be immune to everything cept fire/acid 
 :D
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 01:20:44 AM by dna1 »
Slappin ho's like E-Honda

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2010, 01:38:56 AM »
Anuroch: The Empire of Shade (A FR adventure) contains the Sharn, which has Regenration 8/lawful and a laundry list of abilities.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

weenog

• Grape ape
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2010, 02:07:08 AM »
Did I miss something?  Since when is something without a Con score allowed to have Regeneration?
"We managed to make an NPC puke an undead monster."
"That sounds like a victory to me."

Unbeliever

• King Kong
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2010, 02:16:07 AM »
Did I miss something?  Since when is something without a Con score allowed to have Regeneration?
+1.  If you're looking for fast heal, which is pretty operationally equivalent to regen, and you are not dead set on being undead, then I say Poison Healer is the way to go. 

dna1

• Hong Kong
  • Im not albino Im just from Alaska
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2010, 03:48:23 AM »
Ahhh good point. I forgot about that... So no regen but his only vulnerabilities are to clerical turning and to fire and acid damage
Slappin ho's like E-Honda

Wings of Peace

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2010, 06:36:54 AM »
Warforged Wizard who persists Construct Essence and Monstrous Regeneration anybody?  :D

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2010, 09:59:31 AM »
Tomb-Tainted Soul so you can still use black sand?

EDIT: I checked, saint grants immunity to acid, cold and electricity. If you have immunity to fire then your Troll-Blooded regeneration can't be overcome.

Also, this is relevant: The Emerald Legion
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 10:06:31 AM by Prime32 »
My work
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Athanasie

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2010, 10:07:12 AM »

Also you could go like Half-troll Fiendish Gravetouched Ghoul Swarm-Shifter   lol
have regen and be immune to everything cept fire/acid 
 :D

Uhm...is this one template or what is what? I have no idea where to look for what of this build o.O  sorry

Warforged Wizard who persists Construct Essence and Monstrous Regeneration anybody?  :D

Uhm....books maybe plz?

Where can I read something about Poison Healer and black sand?

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2010, 10:10:16 AM »
Where can I read something about Poison Healer and black sand?
Poison Healer. Most notable use is the "trouserfang dwarf", who fills his pants with cobras. I'd recommend combining it with some way to reduce or restore ability damage (eg. the Strongheart Vest soulmeld or Naberius vestige).

Black sand is in Sandstorm. The easiest way of getting it is by casting the black sand spell - the sand it creates is temporary, but anyone killed by it turns into normal black sand, which remains when the spell ends. IIRC it deals 1d6 negative energy damage per round to anything touching it, and is surrounded by darkness.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 10:14:21 AM by Prime32 »
My work

Senevri

• Donkey Kong
    • Art and Depression
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2010, 10:44:35 AM »
Warforged Wizard who persists Construct Essence and Greater Vigor anybody?  :D
FTFY
-unnecessarily pedantic

*edit* Forgot what I was thinking. Can we pull off a CL15 heal 1/round automatically every round?
Lessee, we need a 15th-level slot for an innate spell, Cleric CL 15 and an autoactivate ability... (schism?)

Okay, 9th-level casting, then DCFS 6 feats to extra slot while having earth/sanctum 11th-level slot to start with,
then DCFS to innate heal spell... Hm.
Don't actually need to be a cleric, if we use a wyrm wizard rebuild, for an example --- for a silent, still version (so we can schism it), we need... arcane thesis? would it work? wyrm wizard->heal, arcane thesis makes silent and still +0 level feats?

So, Practiced Ardent 3/Bard 4/Cerebremancer 3/Subchord 1/cerebremancer +7/wyrm wizard 2?

McPoyo

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2010, 11:02:54 AM »
Saint templateBoED gets you fast healing 10 for +2 LA. Fast healing doesn't normally stack, but it's a powerful template anyway (it might even grant immunity to the energy types which overcome your Troll-Blooded regeneration, I can't remember).

I'm not sure whether the fast healing from evolved undeadLM would stack with saint (IIRC it explicitly increases your existing fast healing).

An undead creature can carry black sandSand on his person so that he's taking constant negative energy damage.

Damage reduction is sometimes flavoured as recovering from minor wounds instantly.

Your DM might have issues with you being an exalted undead though. For class I'd say Ferocity barbarian/frenzied berserker, but lacking a Con score might cut your rage duration.
Evolved Undead doesn't specifically call out it stacks, but it is strongly implied it does due to templating multiplicity allowance with itself.
[Spoiler]
A gygaxian dungeon is like the world's most messed up game show.

Behind door number one: INSTANT DEATH!
Behind door number 2: A magic crown!
Behind door number 3: 4d6 giant bees, and THREE HUNDRED POUNDS OF HONEY!
They don't/haven't, was the point. 3.5 is as dead as people not liking nice tits.

Sometimes, their tits (3.5) get enhancements (houserules), but that doesn't mean people don't like nice tits.

Though sometimes, the surgeon (DM) botches them pretty bad...
Best metaphor I have seen in a long time.  I give you much fu.
Three Errata for the Mage-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Barbarian-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Monks doomed to die,
One for the Wizard on his dark throne
In the Land of Charop where the Shadows lie.
[/spoiler]

SorO_Lost

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • I'll kill you before you're born.
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2010, 11:41:56 AM »
EDIT: I checked, saint grants immunity to acid, cold and electricity. If you have immunity to fire then your Troll-Blooded regeneration can't be overcome.
Mantle of the Fiery SoulSpC grants that.

idk on high amounts of regeneration or fast healing. Either you die or the first 299HP of your 300 hit points don't matter *shurgs*. Nothing beats the ToB's Righteous Strike of Vitality with it's +150HP every other round (or every round with the right PrCs).

The only thing I can think of is a Loredrake Steel Dragon Sorcerer 3 / Pale Master 7 (sadly ECL 14) with Troll-Blooded & Mantle of the Fiery Soul is completely immune to damage making any nonterrasqua form of regeneration redundant. Take a level in Sand ShaperSand and you can even create walls to cover you as a free action which makes having a high save bonus redundant too. Finally since it's only ECL 15 at this point you still have room for reflavored Shadowcraft or the Incantatrix's Cooperative Metamagic & Snatch Spell. Oh and you are a True Dragon, you can access epic spells by the 10th level or so using aging effects. It's too high in level, too powerful, and not exactly what you want but so awesome it has to get mentioned anyway.
Tiers explained in 8 sentences. With examples!
[spoiler]Tiers break down into who has spellcasting more than anything else due to spells being better than anything else in the game.
6: Skill based. Commoner, Expert, Samurai.
5: Mundane warrior. Barbarian, Fighter, Monk.
4: Partial casters. Adapt, Hexblade, Paladin, Ranger, Spelltheif.
3: Focused casters. Bard, Beguiler, Dread Necromancer, Martial Adapts, Warmage.
2: Full casters. Favored Soul, Psion, Sorcerer, Wu Jen.
1: Elitists. Artificer, Cleric, Druid, Wizard.
0: Gods. StP Erudite, Illthid Savant, Pun-Pun, Rocks fall & you die.
[/spoiler]

snakeman830

• Organ Grinder
  • BG's resident furry min/maxxer
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2010, 11:51:06 AM »
Mantle of the Fiery SoulSand grants that.
Fixed that for you.  Mantle of the Firey Soul was not printed in Spell Compendium (although Icy Soul was).
I am constantly amazed by how many DM's ban Tomb of Battle.  The book doesn't even exist!

Quotes:[spoiler]
By yes, she means no.
That explains so much about my life.
hiicantcomeupwithacharacterthatisntaghostwhyisthatamijustretardedorsomething
Why would you even do this? It hurts my eyes and looks like you ate your keyboard before suffering an attack of explosive diarrhea.
[/spoiler]

If using Genesis to hide your phylactry, set it at -300 degrees farenheit.  See how do-gooders fare with a liquid atmosphere.

Wings of Peace

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2010, 12:56:32 PM »
Warforged Wizard who persists Construct Essence and Greater Vigor anybody?  :D
FTFY

Except not, as none of the Vigors grant regeneration, just fast healing.  

@Athanasie: Construct Essence is from Races of Eberron, Monstrous Regeneration is from Magic of Faerun.  Just cover the elemental damage holes in your regen with energy immunity spells/items/rituals.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 12:58:24 PM by Wings of Peace »

Senevri

• Donkey Kong
    • Art and Depression
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2010, 01:01:12 PM »
I meant that Monstrous Regeneration doesn't exist. Sorta.
Thus, needlessly pedantic.

*edit*
Not regen, but I quite like the combination of Transcend Mortality + True Resurrection. Especially at epic, when it's persistent Transcend Mortality + Ignore Material Components True Resurrection. 
I THINK you could even pull off the rather entertaining version of this, by using the usual Transcend Mortality at your Caster Level , then using JPM's Emerald Immolation to destroy yourself just before the effect runs out, and as you reform in 1-6 rounds, you effectively negate the downsides (your body is destroyed), as your body is ALREADY destroyed when the spell runs out.

Wings of Peace

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2010, 01:42:31 PM »

Sorta?  You're going to have to explain this one to me.  I'm AFB right now but I was fairly certain it had an actual spell entry and everything in Magic of Faerun.

Ithamar

• Hong Kong
  • PM me if you're interested in some Arena action!
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2010, 02:06:05 PM »
Wild Shape Ranger 5 / Master of Many Forms 7.  Take War Troll form for Regeneration 9.  No template needed.  Plus, now you're a freakin' War Troll.  Go nuts. ;)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 02:17:20 PM by Ithamar »
Are you worthy of Ascension?
Always accepting gladiators!  Now with a new and improved rule set!

Vicerious

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
  • Foolish Mortal
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2010, 02:15:00 PM »

Sorta?  You're going to have to explain this one to me.  I'm AFB right now but I was fairly certain it had an actual spell entry and everything in Magic of Faerun.

The Spell Compendium replaced monstrous regeneration with greater vigor.  It's in the list of Renamed Spells on page 6.
"A witty saying proves nothing." --Voltaire