Author Topic: Another way to take Warmage.  (Read 3870 times)

X-Codes

• Organ Grinder
Re: Another way to take Warmage.
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2010, 05:47:11 PM »
Ok, instead of acid-damaging eldrich blast, it's an acid-damaging single-target blast spell.  Forgive me for my mistake.

Bauglir

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • TriOptimum
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2010, 06:16:28 PM »
Ok, instead of acid-damaging eldrich blast, it's an acid-damaging single-target blast spell.  Forgive me for my mistake.

Does it have to be single target? It just says "a target", so it could be one that affects multiple targets just as easily, and only ignore SR on one (which is, strictly speaking, a wider range of spells than those that have only a single target; not sure how useful that would be in optimization, though). Still, I hadn't read it in a while, so I didn't realize the necessity of it being a damaging spell (or, honestly, that it had to be targeted). Anybody know any nice spells that deal incidental damage, though?

EDIT: Do Rays work? Avascular Mass could be pretty great, if SR was your problem (it shouldn't be, but hey, that's not even the original issue).
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 07:44:39 PM by Bauglir »
So you end up stuck in an endless loop, unable to act, forever.

In retrospect, much like Keanu Reeves.

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Thread Necromancy a Specialty
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2010, 09:01:11 PM »
It only effects "the first target". Of course, spells that hit all of their targets simultaneously would laugh at that restriction.

Also, it has to be targeted. Damage is not necessarily included, of course.
[spoiler]Fighter: "I can kill a guy in one turn."
Cleric: "I can kill a guy in half a turn."
Wizard: "I can kill a guy before my turn."
Bard: "I can get three idiots to kill guys for me."

On a strange note, would anyone be put out if we had a post about people or events we can spare a thought for, or if its within their creed, a prayer for? Just a random thought, but ... hells I wouldn't have known about either Archangels daughter or Saeomons niece if I didn't happen to be on these threads.
Sounds fine to me.
probably over on "Off-topic".
might want to put a little disclaimer in the first post.

This is the Min/Max board. We should be able to figure out a way to optimize the POWER OF PRAYER(TM) that doesn't involve "Pazuzu, Pazuzu, Pazuzu".
[/spoiler]

My final project for my film independent study course. It could do with a watching and critiquing