Author Topic: A Fun way to say "Fuck You"  (Read 51835 times)

Bauglir

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • TriOptimum
Re: A Fun way to say "Fuck You"
« Reply #200 on: November 06, 2010, 08:12:00 PM »
here is a fun one take Cityscape's invisable spell if you know as in have some one expendable or you don't like is chased by the BEBG or mop set up and invisable gate set it up hallways are always nice to some were else (users prefrence) and if you set it up right you get rid of both and with some more luck get it closed before more problems happen
...what?
It takes a bit of parsing, but I suspect what's being said is as follows:

Get the BBEG to chase somebody expendable, or whom you don't like. Cast Invisible Gate in their path. Close the Gate before they have a chance to turn around.

I don't see it being feasible since one or the other would notice their new surroundings and take the 5 feet of movement to get out, unless it was their last square of movement (which can't be true for both).
So you end up stuck in an endless loop, unable to act, forever.

In retrospect, much like Keanu Reeves.

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Thread Necromancy a Specialty
« Reply #201 on: November 06, 2010, 08:46:43 PM »
hows about acorn of far travel to take your wintery environmental pseudo prereq with you and turn one of the hot hell's into one of the cold hells..

I like it. I like it lots.

And, since the spell basically has no costs, could we link this to an Energy Transference Field, that was itself cast as a Supernatural Spell?
[spoiler]Fighter: "I can kill a guy in one turn."
Cleric: "I can kill a guy in half a turn."
Wizard: "I can kill a guy before my turn."
Bard: "I can get three idiots to kill guys for me."

On a strange note, would anyone be put out if we had a post about people or events we can spare a thought for, or if its within their creed, a prayer for? Just a random thought, but ... hells I wouldn't have known about either Archangels daughter or Saeomons niece if I didn't happen to be on these threads.
Sounds fine to me.
probably over on "Off-topic".
might want to put a little disclaimer in the first post.

This is the Min/Max board. We should be able to figure out a way to optimize the POWER OF PRAYER(TM) that doesn't involve "Pazuzu, Pazuzu, Pazuzu".
[/spoiler]

My final project for my film independent study course. It could do with a watching and critiquing

Bauglir

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • TriOptimum
« Reply #202 on: November 06, 2010, 08:55:17 PM »
hows about acorn of far travel to take your wintery environmental pseudo prereq with you and turn one of the hot hell's into one of the cold hells..

I like it. I like it lots.

And, since the spell basically has no costs, could we link this to an Energy Transference Field, that was itself cast as a Supernatural Spell?

Doesn't Energy Transformation Field forbid spells with an XP component?

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
« Reply #203 on: November 06, 2010, 09:03:00 PM »
I don't know. Can someone check that?

I don't think I have the book ETF is from...

On a strange note, would anyone be put out if we had a post about people or events we can spare a thought for, or if its within their creed, a prayer for? Just a random thought, but ... hells I wouldn't have known about either Archangels daughter or Saeomons niece if I didn't happen to be on these threads.
Sounds fine to me.

This is the Min/Max board. We should be able to figure out a way to optimize the POWER OF PRAYER(TM) that doesn't involve "Pazuzu, Pazuzu, Pazuzu".
[/spoiler]

My final project for my film independent study course. It could do with a watching and critiquing

Monotremeancer

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #204 on: November 06, 2010, 09:10:59 PM »
I don't know. Can someone check that?

I don't think I have the book ETF is from...
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 09:12:44 PM by Monotremeancer »
Who cares for realism when you can be awesome?

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
« Reply #205 on: November 06, 2010, 09:55:00 PM »
Darn.

Sounds fine to me.

[/spoiler]

wotmaniac

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Emperor's Enforcer
« Reply #206 on: November 06, 2010, 11:13:47 PM »
Okay .... try this on for size:
It's nothing earth-shattering, but kinda cool -- from drag.mag. #311, feat Spellbinder ... lets you add the Shackled spell template to your spells; which causes subject(s) to move at half-speed for the duration of the spell (min = 5ft), and stacks with other reductions in movement.

[spoiler]
If you stop ignoring 289 pages telling what the intent is to stretch "more power" in your own god complexion of your interpretation trumps all to cover ability adjustments from aging then I will ignore a quarter page of rules that exist within a sidebar.
I think in this case the grammar is less important than whether the Str and Dex bonus provided to your created undead scales.

Greenbound Summoning RAI
Expanded Gestalt
More Savage Progressions[/spoiler]
Report any wrongs I have done here.

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
  • Developing a relaxed attitude to danger.
« Reply #207 on: November 06, 2010, 11:16:46 PM »
here is a fun one take Cityscape's invisable spell if you know as in have some one expendable or you don't like is chased by the BEBG or mop set up and invisable gate set it up hallways are always nice to some were else (users prefrence) and if you set it up right you get rid of both and with some more luck get it closed before more problems happen
...what?
It takes a bit of parsing, but I suspect what's being said is as follows:

Get the BBEG to chase somebody expendable, or whom you don't like. Cast Invisible Gate in their path. Close the Gate before they have a chance to turn around.

I don't see it being feasible since one or the other would notice their new surroundings and take the 5 feet of movement to get out, unless it was their last square of movement (which can't be true for both).
Ready an action to do so? Or can you just stop concentrating on the spell at any time?

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #208 on: November 06, 2010, 11:22:52 PM »
Okay .... try this on for size:
It's nothing earth-shattering, but kinda cool -- from drag.mag. #311, feat Spellbinder ... lets you add the Shackled spell template to your spells; which causes subject(s) to move at half-speed for the duration of the spell (min = 5ft), and stacks with other reductions in movement.
This makes me think about horror of this thing as a living spell.
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

altpersona

• Organ Grinder
  • BG forum Emperor Ad Litem
    • Altpersona.net
« Reply #209 on: November 06, 2010, 11:29:52 PM »
the blizzard effects already have movement decreased, would shackled make it any worse?
The goal of power is power. - idk
We are not descended from fearful men. - Murrow

The Final Countdown is now stuck in your head.

Anim-manga sux.

RelentlessImp

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #210 on: November 06, 2010, 11:48:03 PM »
the blizzard effects already have movement decreased, would shackled make it any worse?

50%+50% is something like a 75% reduction all told.

So they're moving at one-quarter speed instead of half, with both shackled and the blizzard conditions. Blizzard applies first, as it's a non-magical effect (technically; it's the weather, not the spell, doing it), then shackled. They're now moving at 30*0.25 or 7.5ft/round, rounded down to 5ft/round.

I think that math's correct, at least.
Solo on Essentials
I prepared irresistible phantasmal killer today... as a 4th level spell.
"He hit me with a flaming garbage can...and then the god damn hobo next to it!"

altpersona

• Organ Grinder
    • Altpersona.net
« Reply #211 on: November 07, 2010, 01:51:24 AM »
the srd max blizzard is 4 squares per square. so if you have 30ft to use, then your gonna get 1 square then 2 then 1..

so shackled would make just none, or actually, 4 move actions per square... wow thats bad.

Anim-manga sux.

Foxwander

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #212 on: November 07, 2010, 04:08:23 AM »
the srd max blizzard is 4 squares per square. so if you have 30ft to use, then your gonna get 1 square then 2 then 1..

so shackled would make just none, or actually, 4 move actions per square... wow thats bad.

So you're down to 1 square of movement per round and taking 1d6 lethal every minute with an ever-increasing Fort save to avoid 1d4 non-lethal on top of that.  Basically, unless you're extremely lucky with those rolls, if you're more than a quarter-mile inside the radius of this thing when it hits, you better be able to teleport because you're not walking out alive!  And flying's out of the question, unless you're huge or bigger because the wind (which should be at max effect because of maximize spell) either checks you completely or blows you backward!  :lmao
Standing in uffish thought.

altpersona

• Organ Grinder
    • Altpersona.net
« Reply #213 on: November 07, 2010, 12:59:17 PM »
im thinking size dosnt matter, if i remember right, even the gargantuans are going to fall down.

edit: ok, im wrong
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 01:06:16 PM by altpersona »

Anim-manga sux.

Foxwander

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #214 on: November 07, 2010, 06:15:29 PM »
Oops, I forgot... this is maximized AND empowered, so the wind effects should be one category higher than max even.  You need to be colossal size in order to fly in this thing.  Man, this winter just sucks more and more. Constant, howling windstorm.  Seven+ feet of snow every day.  Lethal cold.  You be better off dying in the initial life-draining-entangle-cryo-burnination clusterfuck at the beginning!  Oh wait, that won't save you.  You'll just rise as a wight the next day- with no one alive to eat- and THEN you get to freeze to death! 

I take it back.  Having this thing undeadinate all its victims is awesome!  Cause then you get to kill everyone TWICE!  :clap
Standing in uffish thought.

RelentlessImp

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #215 on: November 07, 2010, 06:23:09 PM »
Oops, I forgot... this is maximized AND empowered, so the wind effects should be one category higher than max even.  You need to be colossal size in order to fly in this thing.  Man, this winter just sucks more and more. Constant, howling windstorm.  Seven+ feet of snow every day.  Lethal cold.  You be better off dying in the initial life-draining-entangle-cryo-burnination clusterfuck at the beginning!  Oh wait, that won't save you.  You'll just rise as a wight the next day- with no one alive to eat- and THEN you get to freeze to death! 

I take it back.  Having this thing undeadinate all its victims is awesome!  Cause then you get to kill everyone TWICE!  :clap

"Those fools. How dare they mock me. ME, the greatest necromancer who ever lived. They taunted me, called me names, bullied me and smacked me around. Well, I showed them. I showed them all. Those fools. Those stupid, stupid fools. I killed them. And then I killed them again. They're dead, they're all dead! MWAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!"
Solo on Essentials

Sunic_Flames

• Organ Grinder
  • The Crusader of Logic.
« Reply #216 on: November 07, 2010, 06:29:43 PM »

"Those fools. How dare they mock me. ME, the greatest necromancer who ever lived. They taunted me, called me names, bullied me and smacked me around. Well, I showed them. I showed them all. Those fools. Those stupid, stupid fools. I killed them. And then I killed them again. They're dead, they're all dead! MWAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!"

Thread's over folks, nothing to see here. We have a winner.
Smiting Imbeciles since 1985.

If you hear this music, run.

And don't forget:

There is no greater contribution than Hi Welcome.

Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.

IP proofing and avoiding being CAPed OR - how to make characters relevant in the long term.

Friends don't let friends be Short Bus Hobos.

[spoiler]
Sunic may be more abrasive than sandpaper coated in chainsaws (not that its a bad thing, he really does know what he's talking about), but just posting in this thread without warning and telling him he's an asshole which, if you knew his past experiences on WotC and Paizo is flat-out uncalled for. Never mind the insults (which are clearly 4Chan-level childish). You say people like Sunic are the bane of the internet? Try looking at your own post and telling me you are better than him.

Here's a fun fact: You aren't. By a few leagues.
[/spoiler]

Bauglir

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • TriOptimum
« Reply #217 on: November 07, 2010, 09:58:18 PM »

Awww, but I wanted to see the winner.

RelentlessImp

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #218 on: November 07, 2010, 10:01:30 PM »

Awww, but I wanted to see the winner.

It's a Human Necromancer with 4 Wis and 4 Cha who was tortured mercilessly as a child. He created the Wight Christmas, even the little song that went with it, and now capers gleefully, creating 2-3 year long winters at a time and capering through the snow singing Wight Christmas until it ends, then he moves to another community and does it all over again.

The moral of the story is, be kind to the odd kids you grow up with. You never know what they'll turn out to be. They just might bring about the Wightocalypse.
Solo on Essentials