Author Topic: A Fun way to say "Fuck You"  (Read 51834 times)

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
  • Aistii valoa auttavasti
    • Email
Re: A Fun way to say "Fuck You"
« Reply #140 on: November 05, 2010, 04:31:10 PM »
I don't agree. Just make a separate thread for this so that this one isn't derailed any further and continue the fight there. I rather enjoy the fireworks. However, if that is not an option, just give it a rest, grab a few beers and shake hands.

Handy Links

BeholderSlayer

• Hong Kong
« Reply #141 on: November 05, 2010, 04:32:36 PM »
I don't agree. Just make a separate thread for this so that this one isn't derailed any further and continue the fight there. I rather enjoy the fireworks. However, if that is not an option, just give it a rest, grab a few beers and shake hands.
I could get behind this, too.  :lol
Hi Welcome
[spoiler]
Allow me to welcome you both with my literal words and with an active display of how much you fit in by being tone deaf, dumb, and uncritical of your babbling myself.[/spoiler]

SorO_Lost

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • I'll kill you before you're born.
« Reply #142 on: November 05, 2010, 04:43:33 PM »
Bitching at people for not knowing what DDO Memes mean. Because this is totally a DDO forum, and besides, Hi Welcome has clearly spread to all corners of the web, so if you don't keep up with stupid memes, you're clearly retarded.
Are you talking about the three trolls on DDO's PnP board who refuse to acknowledge or admit to having accounts in a real PnP board?

Because if you think they have ever said anything relevant, you really need to read this board more.
Tiers explained in 8 sentences. With examples!
[spoiler]Tiers break down into who has spellcasting more than anything else due to spells being better than anything else in the game.
6: Skill based. Commoner, Expert, Samurai.
5: Mundane warrior. Barbarian, Fighter, Monk.
4: Partial casters. Adapt, Hexblade, Paladin, Ranger, Spelltheif.
3: Focused casters. Bard, Beguiler, Dread Necromancer, Martial Adapts, Warmage.
2: Full casters. Favored Soul, Psion, Sorcerer, Wu Jen.
1: Elitists. Artificer, Cleric, Druid, Wizard.
0: Gods. StP Erudite, Illthid Savant, Pun-Pun, Rocks fall & you die.
[/spoiler]

Sunic_Flames

• Organ Grinder
  • The Crusader of Logic.
« Reply #143 on: November 05, 2010, 04:51:12 PM »
Bitching at people for not knowing what DDO Memes mean. Because this is totally a DDO forum, and besides, Hi Welcome has clearly spread to all corners of the web, so if you don't keep up with stupid memes, you're clearly retarded.
Are you talking about the three trolls on DDO's PnP board who refuse to acknowledge or admit to having accounts in a real PnP board?

Because if you think they have ever said anything relevant, you really need to read this board more.

What does this have to do with anything at all?

Anyways, I think I -10ed him already so I'm done with that clown. Though if anyone else wants to play, smites are available 24/7.
Smiting Imbeciles since 1985.

If you hear this music, run.

And don't forget:

There is no greater contribution than Hi Welcome.

Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.

IP proofing and avoiding being CAPed OR - how to make characters relevant in the long term.

Friends don't let friends be Short Bus Hobos.

[spoiler]
Sunic may be more abrasive than sandpaper coated in chainsaws (not that its a bad thing, he really does know what he's talking about), but just posting in this thread without warning and telling him he's an asshole which, if you knew his past experiences on WotC and Paizo is flat-out uncalled for. Never mind the insults (which are clearly 4Chan-level childish). You say people like Sunic are the bane of the internet? Try looking at your own post and telling me you are better than him.

Here's a fun fact: You aren't. By a few leagues.
[/spoiler]

Surreal

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #144 on: November 05, 2010, 04:58:38 PM »
Dudes.  Chill out.  

Settle down.

Not worth getting worked up over.

You're asking people to chill out on the internet? Good luck with that...

---
"The late, sedate, and no to great." ~Surreal

Some Handy Links for CO Work (WotC 339 version) - a compilation of links for base/prestige class handbooks, tactics, spellcasting, character builds, D&D databases, etc.
Archived version of the above with working links

The Mango Index - a giant index for all things D&D and where to find them
The Mango List Reborn! - rehosted by KellKheraptis

Lists of Stuff - listing of class features etc and how to get them, etc. sort of like above but a little more specific and sorted by category
Polymorph, Wildshape and Shapechange, oh my! (comparison charts) - side-by-side comparison of all the various form altering abilities
Alternative Class Features
alternative ways to get class skills

BeholderSlayer

• Hong Kong
« Reply #145 on: November 05, 2010, 05:01:14 PM »

This sounds like it has an interesting story behind it.
Hi Welcome
[spoiler]
Allow me to welcome you both with my literal words and with an active display of how much you fit in by being tone deaf, dumb, and uncritical of your babbling myself.[/spoiler]

geniussavant

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #146 on: November 05, 2010, 05:05:07 PM »
whats the damage record for a single spell? I just did the math on this and it does 4193280000 cold and 4193280000 negative energy and 10080000 negative levels over the course of 100 weeks, so it's kinda slow but I cant think of anything that is not immune(ex skeleton) that can survive being trapped in this for its duration
[spoiler]
I see that you want to solve problems. Not problems like, "What is beauty?," because that would fall within the purview of your conundrums of 'philosophy'. You want to solve practical problems. F'r instance, how are you gonna stop some big, mean Mother Hubbard from tearing you a structurally superfluous new behind? The answer: Use a gun. And if that don't work? Use more gun.
And if that fails try this

[/spoiler]

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #147 on: November 05, 2010, 05:30:41 PM »
whats the damage record for a single spell? I just did the math on this and it does 4193280000 cold and 4193280000 negative energy and 10080000 negative levels over the course of 100 weeks, so it's kinda slow but I cant think of anything that is not immune(ex skeleton) that can survive being trapped in this for its duration
Anything with sufficiently fast healing or regeneration. No matter what you would have to be immune to the negative levels unless you had a way of removing them or replacing them ridiculously fast.
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Thread Necromancy a Specialty
« Reply #148 on: November 05, 2010, 05:46:22 PM »
Alright, so that is calculated from the assumption that Flash Frost damages each round, yes?

Note the fact that Piercing cold is in the build. Allows you to bypass cold immunity.  :D
[spoiler]Fighter: "I can kill a guy in one turn."
Cleric: "I can kill a guy in half a turn."
Wizard: "I can kill a guy before my turn."
Bard: "I can get three idiots to kill guys for me."

On a strange note, would anyone be put out if we had a post about people or events we can spare a thought for, or if its within their creed, a prayer for? Just a random thought, but ... hells I wouldn't have known about either Archangels daughter or Saeomons niece if I didn't happen to be on these threads.
Sounds fine to me.
probably over on "Off-topic".
might want to put a little disclaimer in the first post.

This is the Min/Max board. We should be able to figure out a way to optimize the POWER OF PRAYER(TM) that doesn't involve "Pazuzu, Pazuzu, Pazuzu".
[/spoiler]

My final project for my film independent study course. It could do with a watching and critiquing

geniussavant

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #149 on: November 05, 2010, 05:52:47 PM »
I assumed in my calculations that there was 8 damage from cold and 8 damage from negative energy and 1 negative level a round. If those assumptions weren't right, I'll redo the math. I've got nothing better to do...
[spoiler]
I see that you want to solve problems. Not problems like, "What is beauty?," because that would fall within the purview of your conundrums of 'philosophy'. You want to solve practical problems. F'r instance, how are you gonna stop some big, mean Mother Hubbard from tearing you a structurally superfluous new behind? The answer: Use a gun. And if that don't work? Use more gun.

[/spoiler]

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
« Reply #150 on: November 05, 2010, 05:54:52 PM »
Thing is, I've been told that it would only apply the first round...

Wait, is there an example spell that deals damage once and then has a lasting effect that's an AoE? Because if there isn't, it may set precedence for each round damage...

On a strange note, would anyone be put out if we had a post about people or events we can spare a thought for, or if its within their creed, a prayer for? Just a random thought, but ... hells I wouldn't have known about either Archangels daughter or Saeomons niece if I didn't happen to be on these threads.
Sounds fine to me.

This is the Min/Max board. We should be able to figure out a way to optimize the POWER OF PRAYER(TM) that doesn't involve "Pazuzu, Pazuzu, Pazuzu".
[/spoiler]

My final project for my film independent study course. It could do with a watching and critiquing

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #151 on: November 05, 2010, 05:56:05 PM »
Alright, so that is calculated from the assumption that Flash Frost damages each round, yes?

Note the fact that Piercing cold is in the build. Allows you to bypass cold immunity.  :D
Double check Piercing cold it isn't absolute. Immunity makes it half damage, quarter on save if there is one. Also cold sub-type creatures just laugh at you. So now I need to make an undead with the cold subtype that can cast this and then have fun.  :devil
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

geniussavant

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #152 on: November 05, 2010, 05:56:37 PM »
I don't really know the answer, but maybe someone else does?

edit: a skeletal creature from bovd with the right levels could do it IIRC
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 05:58:36 PM by geniussavant »
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Vistella

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #153 on: November 05, 2010, 06:01:56 PM »

persistant maximised empowered creepong cold imo

geniussavant

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #154 on: November 05, 2010, 06:11:38 PM »
where's creeping cold from? I'll work up the math on that too so we can compare them

edit:never mind I found it in MotW
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 06:14:57 PM by geniussavant »
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Foxwander

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #155 on: November 05, 2010, 06:16:22 PM »

Unfortunately, we figured out a couple of pages ago that Fell Drain and Flash Frost don't repeat- unless the underlying spell does repeating damage itself.  Since Fimbulwinter doesn't do ANY damage by itself, they would happen once and that's it.  The only way I could find to do repeating damage, as part of the spell effect, was using Bracers of the Entangling Blast- which only last 1d3 rounds- for a max of 88 damage and 4 neg levels with all the fx.  Unless the Entangling Blast is Maximised and Empowered like the rest of the spell- which, btw, should Empower the Flash Frost as well, so all the damage should be bumped up by 50%.  In that case the grand total would be 132 damage (half cold/half neg) and 4 neg levels.  Enough to kill even 8th level barbarians- not to mention all the peasants, livestock and wild animals that probably dropped in the first round.

PS- One should note that the blizzard that Fimbulwinter creates should definitely be in the "Extreme Cold" category so it will do 1d6 lethal damage every minute.  That's 1,051,200 - 6,307,200 over the course of 2 years.  But that's not from the spell (directly) and I doubt it's the record anyway.

PSS- On a sadder note, one must also consider that wights are not immune (or even resistant) to cold, and so are unlikely to escape the area of effect after they rise and wind up frozen to death just like everybody else.  SO the overall effect is more of a Nuclear Fimbulwinter after all, instead of a Wight Christmas.  :(
Standing in uffish thought.

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
« Reply #156 on: November 05, 2010, 06:22:01 PM »
Maybe drop Piercing Cold?

I actually think that 132 damage+4 negative levels is enough. Because seriously, no save, and no one has any chance to prepare? Also, it's gradual death. So there is that fun.

Sounds fine to me.

[/spoiler]

Endarire

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #157 on: November 05, 2010, 06:27:22 PM »
Hood - My first answer to all your build questions; past, present, and future.

Speaking of which:
Don't even need TO for this.  Any decent Hood build, especially one with Celerity, one-rounds [Azathoth, the most powerful greater deity from d20 Cthulu].
Does it bug anyone else that we've reached the point where characters who can obliterate a greater deity in one round are considered "decent?"

geniussavant

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #158 on: November 05, 2010, 06:39:25 PM »

Unfortunately, we figured out a couple of pages ago that Fell Drain and Flash Frost don't repeat- unless the underlying spell does repeating damage itself.  Since Fimbulwinter doesn't do ANY damage by itself, they would happen once and that's it.  The only way I could find to do repeating damage, as part of the spell effect, was using Bracers of the Entangling Blast- which only last 1d3 rounds- for a max of 88 damage and 4 neg levels with all the fx.  Unless the Entangling Blast is Maximised and Empowered like the rest of the spell- which, btw, should Empower the Flash Frost as well, so all the damage should be bumped up by 50%.  In that case the grand total would be 132 damage (half cold/half neg) and 4 neg levels.  Enough to kill even 8th level barbarians- not to mention all the peasants, livestock and wild animals that probably dropped in the first round.

PS- One should note that the blizzard that Fimbulwinter creates should definitely be in the "Extreme Cold" category so it will do 1d6 lethal damage every minute.  That's 1,051,200 - 6,307,200 over the course of 2 years.  But that's not from the spell (directly) and I doubt it's the record anyway.

PSS- On a sadder note, one must also consider that wights are not immune (or even resistant) to cold, and so are unlikely to escape the area of effect after they rise and wind up frozen to death just like everybody else.  SO the overall effect is more of a Nuclear Fimbulwinter after all, instead of a Wight Christmas.  :(

oh, I missed that. In case anyone cared, i did the math, kinda for a persisted maximized empower creeping cold and it comes out to be (1.141879979x10^53629) x9 but my calculator wont go any farther, I'm no math expert though so that figure could be way off
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

altpersona

• Organ Grinder
  • BG forum Emperor Ad Litem
    • Altpersona.net
« Reply #159 on: November 05, 2010, 06:42:48 PM »
while i like the damage from the weather, you dont take it once you go inside.. so, i think its pretty reasonable to assume that anyone able to survive the first five minutes, probably only has the wights to worry about.
The goal of power is power. - idk
We are not descended from fearful men. - Murrow

The Final Countdown is now stuck in your head.

Anim-manga sux.