Author Topic: A Fun way to say "Fuck You"  (Read 51850 times)

TheEndIsNear

• Bi-Curious George
Re: A Fun way to say "Fuck You"
« Reply #120 on: November 05, 2010, 12:47:22 AM »
Not not as awesome as it could ahve been.

Saxony

• Donkey Kong
  • My avatar is from the anime "Pani Poni Dash!".
« Reply #121 on: November 05, 2010, 01:18:37 AM »
Hi Welcome
I'm going to call it like I see it. That's less than perfect quality posting.

Would you like to say something more and contribute to this thread?
There is no greater contribution than Hi Welcome.

:thumb

And to the other guy:  :grave
Hi Welcome is a cool idea, but just saying the name of a general Druid idea on a thread about a specific spell using tons of metamagic, when (If I recall correctly) said Druid idea isn't compatible with tons of metamagic seems... inappropriate. I don't know what you added to except your ego unless I am terribly mistaken and your plug directly corresponded to this thread (In which case I apologize for my rude behavior).

Sunic Flames has the facepalm. Saxony is the noob that is clueless! He has the skill of the untrained monkey! He should learn to utilize the google fu of winning!
I tried reading your thread when you posted it. The first bit was about making Druid Animal Companions more beastly and trying to coin a build name and then I just tuned out your post because I already knew Druids are great. The replies seemed to agree with your mega post of -5 unreading (though there was rule discussion to your build's disadvantage), so I just figured you were doing really good stuff. Kudos.

I still don't want to read about how Druid are apparently more awesome than before. Boring shit. Good research, probably. But not tilting any meta game icebergs. Thus, I don't Google what I can already find and don't want to read.

You still haven't explained your spam post.

Saying "Hi Welcome" means nothing to anyone who hasn't read your post. They think you're just trolling or non sequitor drunk posting.

It also means nothing when you don't apply your idea to this specific thread.

Your post means nothing. It's spam. Don't spam.
If I say something about real world physics, and someone disagrees, assume I am right 90% of the time. This number goes up to 100% if I am late night posting - trust me, my star dust sibs.

BeholderSlayer

• Hong Kong
« Reply #122 on: November 05, 2010, 02:46:47 AM »
Hi Welcome is not a druid. Hi Welcome is a legend.
Hi Welcome
[spoiler]
Allow me to welcome you both with my literal words and with an active display of how much you fit in by being tone deaf, dumb, and uncritical of your babbling myself.[/spoiler]

Saxony

• Donkey Kong
« Reply #123 on: November 05, 2010, 02:58:05 AM »
Pretty sure Hi Welcome is a druid :sherlock

Ah, so worth it.
If I say something about real world physics, and someone disagrees, assume I am right 90% of the time. This number goes up to 100% if I am late night posting - trust me, my star dust sibs.

Ed-Zero

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
« Reply #124 on: November 05, 2010, 02:58:52 AM »
Then you should seriously think about linking your signature to your build, otherwise it really is just spam and will be reported as otherwise.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 04:14:05 AM by Ed-Zero »

RelentlessImp

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #125 on: November 05, 2010, 04:38:58 AM »
Then you should seriously think about linking your signature to your build, otherwise it really is just spam and will be reported as otherwise.

Hi Welcome
Solo on Essentials
I prepared irresistible phantasmal killer today... as a 4th level spell.
"He hit me with a flaming garbage can...and then the god damn hobo next to it!"

Foxwander

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #126 on: November 05, 2010, 07:03:05 AM »
Alright sorry, I was writing the stuff on how the damage worked from memory. Again, sorry.

However, remember how I was starting this thing off by casting the center of the effect in the aoe of a Frostfell? That counts as being 3 bands colder. 4 with the winds, and we're starting in the winter...

So I'm pretty sure it's hitting Extreme Cold.

So, even if it isn't as awesome as I thought it was, it is probably cold enough that even casting Endure Elements won't help, iirc.

And the fact that there is pretty much a constant blizzard won't help...

Making a spell of this contingent upon your death, along with a Revivify and a Greater Teleport would be hilarious.

Even if it doesn't rip people to absolute shreds every round for the next 2 years, you can at least make the first few rounds more sucktastic for your victims by using this with Bracers of the Entangling Blast.  The initial damage is halved but it potentially last 3 more rounds.  The entanglement does its own damage (1 per spell level) AND it's cold damage so: 4 cold/4 neg energy.  That will definitely cause more negative levels- the damage is part of the spell so Fell Drain applies, but it should also trigger Flash Frost for each round of entanglement also.  And actually, one could argue that the initial round of damage shouldn't be halved by Entangling Blast because the Flash Frost damage isn't part of the spell's "normal damage", it's extra.  (Heck, there isn't ANY normal damage for Fimbulwinter)  

So all told that could be 4 neg levels + 44 cold and 44 neg energy damage for the initial Frost and 3 rounds of frigid, deadly Entanglement!  More than enough to kill most everything in a 40 mile radius.  :D
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 07:06:44 AM by Foxwander »
Standing in uffish thought.

Sunic_Flames

• Organ Grinder
  • The Crusader of Logic.
« Reply #127 on: November 05, 2010, 11:27:49 AM »
Hi Welcome

Hi Welcome is a cool idea, but just saying the name of a general Druid idea on a thread about a specific spell using tons of metamagic, when (If I recall correctly) said Druid idea isn't compatible with tons of metamagic seems... inappropriate. I don't know what you added to except your ego unless I am terribly mistaken and your plug directly corresponded to this thread (In which case I apologize for my rude behavior).

Sunic Flames has the facepalm. Saxony is the noob that is clueless! He has the skill of the untrained monkey! He should learn to utilize the google fu of winning!
I tried reading your thread when you posted it. The first bit was about making Druid Animal Companions more beastly and trying to coin a build name and then I just tuned out your post because I already knew Druids are great. The replies seemed to agree with your mega post of -5 unreading (though there was rule discussion to your build's disadvantage), so I just figured you were doing really good stuff. Kudos.

I still don't want to read about how Druid are apparently more awesome than before. Boring shit. Good research, probably. But not tilting any meta game icebergs. Thus, I don't Google what I can already find and don't want to read.

Saying "Hi Welcome" means nothing to anyone who hasn't read your post. They think you're just trolling or non sequitor drunk posting.

You honestly think that that build thread is the original source of Hi Welcome? Even though BeholderSlayer had it in his sig well before this?

This is what I meant by use google you fool.

But fine. Since you insist on continuing to be a retard despite the fact I have provided you with all of the tools to elevate yourself over retardation I'll break this down for you real slow like.

The original source of Hi Welcome is not a Druid build, or anything else on BG. It's a guild on DDO. It roughly translates to "You have no idea what the fuck you are talking about, so instead of explaining in detail why you are a mouth breathing fuckwit I will instead give you the nicest possible response I possibly can to your arguments by ignoring them entirely and instead greeting you to the community." You, in this case being SorO, who showed up in a very entertaining thread just to bitch about it.

The reason why I chose the name Hi Welcome for the Druid build is because nothing says "You have nothing of value to contribute, return to the drawing board." like a dinosaur eating your face. Even so, that is not the original source of Hi Welcome, and in less time than it took you to bitch about it you could have educated yourself with the magic of Google.

The irony of all this is the level of dumbfuckery manifesting from those other than the actual target of...

Hi Welcome
Smiting Imbeciles since 1985.

If you hear this music, run.

And don't forget:

Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.

IP proofing and avoiding being CAPed OR - how to make characters relevant in the long term.

Friends don't let friends be Short Bus Hobos.

[spoiler]
Sunic may be more abrasive than sandpaper coated in chainsaws (not that its a bad thing, he really does know what he's talking about), but just posting in this thread without warning and telling him he's an asshole which, if you knew his past experiences on WotC and Paizo is flat-out uncalled for. Never mind the insults (which are clearly 4Chan-level childish). You say people like Sunic are the bane of the internet? Try looking at your own post and telling me you are better than him.

Here's a fun fact: You aren't. By a few leagues.
[/spoiler]

Sunic_Flames

• Organ Grinder
  • The Crusader of Logic.
« Reply #128 on: November 05, 2010, 11:30:46 AM »

Hi Welcome

:jumping

And we have a winner.

And don't forget:

Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.

IP proofing and avoiding being CAPed OR - how to make characters relevant in the long term.

[spoiler]
Sunic may be more abrasive than sandpaper coated in chainsaws (not that its a bad thing, he really does know what he's talking about), but just posting in this thread without warning and telling him he's an asshole which, if you knew his past experiences on WotC and Paizo is flat-out uncalled for. Never mind the insults (which are clearly 4Chan-level childish). You say people like Sunic are the bane of the internet? Try looking at your own post and telling me you are better than him.

[/spoiler]

BeholderSlayer

• Hong Kong
« Reply #129 on: November 05, 2010, 02:00:33 PM »
Taking the title of this thread into account, it has without a doubt turned the topic to a fun way to say "Fuck You."
Hi Welcome
[spoiler]
Allow me to welcome you both with my literal words and with an active display of how much you fit in by being tone deaf, dumb, and uncritical of your babbling myself.[/spoiler]

Sunic_Flames

• Organ Grinder
  • The Crusader of Logic.
« Reply #130 on: November 05, 2010, 02:12:19 PM »
Taking the title of this thread into account, it has without a doubt turned the topic to a fun way to say "Fuck You."

See! I'm on topic! :lmao

And don't forget:

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Bauglir

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • TriOptimum
« Reply #131 on: November 05, 2010, 02:23:10 PM »
Hi Welcome

You honestly think that that build thread is the original source of Hi Welcome? Even though BeholderSlayer had it in his sig well before this?

But fine. Since you insist on continuing to be a retard despite the fact I have provided you with all of the tools to elevate yourself over retardation I'll break this down for you real slow like.

The original source of Hi Welcome is not a Druid build, or anything else on BG. It's a guild on DDO. It roughly translates to "You have no idea what the fuck you are talking about, so instead of explaining in detail why you are a mouth breathing fuckwit I will instead give you the nicest possible response I possibly can to your arguments by ignoring them entirely and instead greeting you to the community." You, in this case being SorO, who showed up in a very entertaining thread just to bitch about it.

The reason why I chose the name Hi Welcome for the Druid build is because nothing says "You have nothing of value to contribute, return to the drawing board." like a dinosaur eating your face. Even so, that is not the original source of Hi Welcome, and in less time than it took you to bitch about it you could have educated yourself with the magic of Google.

The irony of all this is the level of dumbfuckery manifesting from those other than the actual target of...

Hi Welcome

Bitching at people for not knowing what DDO Memes mean. Because this is totally a DDO forum, and besides, Hi Welcome has clearly spread to all corners of the web, so if you don't keep up with stupid memes, you're clearly retarded.
So you end up stuck in an endless loop, unable to act, forever.

In retrospect, much like Keanu Reeves.

Sunic_Flames

• Organ Grinder
  • The Crusader of Logic.
« Reply #132 on: November 05, 2010, 02:46:49 PM »
Hi Welcome

Hi Welcome

Bitching at people for not knowing what DDO Memes mean. Because this is totally a DDO forum, and besides, Hi Welcome has clearly spread to all corners of the web, so if you don't keep up with stupid memes, you're clearly retarded.

In all honesty it has. So far I've seen it used on the SW TOR forums, the Paizo forums, Gamefaqs, BG (long before I came back, BeholderSlayer had it in his sig), TGD, and quite a few other places. Once it got added to urban dictionary, it was all over.

But you see, this isn't about that. When I see a word or phrase and do not understand its meaning I research it, either by Googling or by asking the poster what that term means. The reason for this is that I am not a lazy fucker and I strive to improve myself whenever possible. And, as it happens in less time than it took to write a single bitch post you can Google Hi Welcome and find a full definition on the first page (hint: it's not a Druid build, the Druid build came second).

So you see, this isn't about blasting people for not keeping up with their lolcats. It's about blasting people for Did Not Do the Research.

Hi Welcome

And don't forget:

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Beltendu

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #133 on: November 05, 2010, 02:53:45 PM »
I'll be honest, it didn't even occur to me to google it up.  My brain pretty much immediately read it to be short hand for "I'm ignoring you and telling you to fuck off by being ironically polite".  Which appears to have been pretty accurate ... :)

Of course, by the time I noticed it being used, I'd already picked up on Sunic's tendency to be an abrasive fucker towards people he thinks are being stupid, so picking up on the abrasive sarcasm was pretty easy ... :)

Saxony

• Donkey Kong
« Reply #134 on: November 05, 2010, 03:21:55 PM »
Hi Welcome

Hi Welcome
It's an understandable mistake.

Do you expect me to know the contents of even a majority of every member's signatures on this forum? No. That is unreasonable.

Do you expect me to magically realize that a build's title is actually a derived from a wholly separated part of the internet (Namely, paizo and gitp and DDO. Paizo is fail. Gitp is less fail but still head ache inducing. I don't play MMO's)? No. That is unreasonable.

So why precisely would I google something I in all reasonable expectations thought I had already seen? I wouldn't.

But thanks for the swearing with all the explanation. That really made my day and your post succinct.

You're an asshole with no meaningful contribution to this thread. I kindly ask you to bend over backwards and fuck yourself before, during, and after leaving this thread.

Oh wait. I meant to say Hi Welcome instead like a passive agressive elitist douche.

Hi Welcome. Asshole.

Bauglir

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • TriOptimum
« Reply #135 on: November 05, 2010, 03:24:53 PM »
It's an understandable mistake.

Do you expect me to know the contents of even a majority of every member's signatures on this forum? No. That is unreasonable.

Do you expect me to magically realize that a build's title is actually a derived from a wholly separated part of the internet (Namely, paizo and gitp and DDO. Paizo is fail. Gitp is less fail but still head ache inducing. I don't play MMO's)? No. That is unreasonable.

So why precisely would I google something I in all reasonable expectations thought I had already seen? I wouldn't.

But thanks for the swearing with all the explanation. That really made my day and your post succinct.

You're an asshole with no meaningful contribution to this thread. I kindly ask you to bend over backwards and fuck yourself before, during, and after leaving this thread.

Oh wait. I meant to say Hi Welcome instead like a passive agressive elitist douche.

Hi Welcome. Asshole.

+1
So you end up stuck in an endless loop, unable to act, forever.

In retrospect, much like Keanu Reeves.

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #136 on: November 05, 2010, 03:25:11 PM »
Dudes.  Chill out.  

Settle down.

Not worth getting worked up over.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

Sunic_Flames

• Organ Grinder
  • The Crusader of Logic.
« Reply #137 on: November 05, 2010, 03:35:10 PM »
I'll be honest, it didn't even occur to me to google it up.  My brain pretty much immediately read it to be short hand for "I'm ignoring you and telling you to fuck off by being ironically polite".  Which appears to have been pretty accurate ... :)

Of course, by the time I noticed it being used, I'd already picked up on Sunic's tendency to be an abrasive fucker towards people he thinks are being stupid, so picking up on the abrasive sarcasm was pretty easy ... :)

Your intuitions are sound.

And don't forget:

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

BeholderSlayer

• Hong Kong
« Reply #138 on: November 05, 2010, 04:05:26 PM »
Dudes.  Chill out.  

Settle down.

I agree.
Hi Welcome
[spoiler]

geniussavant

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #139 on: November 05, 2010, 04:25:05 PM »
Dudes.  Chill out.  

Settle down.

I agree.

So do I
[spoiler]
I see that you want to solve problems. Not problems like, "What is beauty?," because that would fall within the purview of your conundrums of 'philosophy'. You want to solve practical problems. F'r instance, how are you gonna stop some big, mean Mother Hubbard from tearing you a structurally superfluous new behind? The answer: Use a gun. And if that don't work? Use more gun.
And if that fails try this

[/spoiler]