Author Topic: A Fun way to say "Fuck You"  (Read 51831 times)

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
  • Developing a relaxed attitude to danger.
Re: A Fun way to say "Fuck You"
« Reply #100 on: November 04, 2010, 02:47:11 PM »
... but they have to sleep sometime  :plotting
Rope Trick.

bearsarebrown

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #101 on: November 04, 2010, 02:50:53 PM »
Any Cleric 5/Radiant Servant of Pelor 1 can TRASH a city full of Wights. They're just not that scary past level 4. An AC of 25(flanking) makes you immune to them barring Critical hits. A level one Warforged can be damn near immune to them.

wotmaniac

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Emperor's Enforcer
« Reply #102 on: November 04, 2010, 02:53:36 PM »
touche.

however, if you've gone through the trouble of creating THE Zombie Apocalypse, then surely you can come down a couple of times a day and hit a few area dispells to take care of that.   :D

(okay, now I'm just being a contrarian  :p)

Any Cleric 5/Radiant Servant of Pelor 1 can TRASH a city full of Wights. They're just not that scary past level 4. An AC of 25(flanking) makes you immune to them barring Critical hits. A level one Warforged can be damn near immune to them.
which is why I tossed in Mobs -- auto-hit, as well as turns as a 30HD creature (and for other effects too) :D
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 02:55:45 PM by wotmaniac »

[spoiler]
If you stop ignoring 289 pages telling what the intent is to stretch "more power" in your own god complexion of your interpretation trumps all to cover ability adjustments from aging then I will ignore a quarter page of rules that exist within a sidebar.
I think in this case the grammar is less important than whether the Str and Dex bonus provided to your created undead scales.

Greenbound Summoning RAI
Expanded Gestalt
More Savage Progressions[/spoiler]
Report any wrongs I have done here.

Bauglir

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • TriOptimum
« Reply #103 on: November 04, 2010, 03:58:17 PM »
Question: Do the effects of the uberwinter not actually deal cold damage just by virtue of the weather rules? I actually assumed that's where a big part of this was coming from; you could argue that since those conditions are an effect of the spell, the metamagic applies to them as well. I think. I don't actually know the weather rules and am too lazy to look them up, though, so I just assumed that's how it worked.

EDIT: Ok, I lied. I'm looking it up. So far, I know the Wind is guaranteed to reduce the temperature band 1 step. Figuring out the actual temperature is a good deal trickier, though, so I'm going to try and find out what temperature band the rest of the spell causes, although it's safe to say they're at least Cold by default since you get snowfall (so, with the wind, that is at least Severe cold; we need Extreme cold for damage, so I'm off to see if we get that).
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 04:09:48 PM by Bauglir »
So you end up stuck in an endless loop, unable to act, forever.

In retrospect, much like Keanu Reeves.

altpersona

• Organ Grinder
  • BG forum Emperor Ad Litem
    • Altpersona.net
« Reply #104 on: November 04, 2010, 04:08:13 PM »
i agree its just damage once, and one temp neg level.

however;

16hp damage takes out more than just the 2nd lvl people. it takes out nearly every animal (not the high Con ones), anyone with less than 14 con is pretty much toast, at least everyone one who didnt make it out of the radius in the first couple rounds. anyone unprotected from the weather in the first few minutes is taking 1d6 + 1d4 every minute... thats 26 points of damage in the first minute (3 years dnd time) 16 + 5 (neg lvl) + 1d6 + 1d4 (non lethal)

all outside movement is screwed, @4 squares of movement to enter a heavy snow square is pretty harsh, visiblity is screwd also. so that tomorrow when the wights rise, they are going to have cover initially, and once they are adjacent to you, neither of you is running away. not to mention high winds is keeping everyone outside prone.

our brave party
Hector Paladin of Torm    4th lvl paladin
george 'the scoundrel'     3rd lvl rouge
albert the wizard             5th lvl wizard
caelic the pious               2nd lvl cleric
Cookie the cook / henchmen  5th lvl expert

round 1: ouch, wtf, is everyone ok? the lvl 2 cleric died? and the lvl5 wizard? and the 3rd lvl rogue? fuuuuuu. ok, you crawl over here. have ideas for saving those guys from being actually dead? me either, no worries (sorry fellas, roll up yetis that would be awesome)

round 2: its damn cold, we need to move and find shelter, whats with all this snow, lets move two squares north back towards the cave we cleared out two days ago. ya i know its going to have a pissed off bear in it. it looks like were going to be better off crawling the whole way, instead of getting knocked over every 10 feet. this snow shit is getting old fast.

round 11 (110feet later) hector and cookie take 5 more damage (avg), hey, share that damn lay on hands before i die over here! what do you mean your spell for the day is create water!

300 yards later, as a small troop of yeti emerge from the woods, make spot checks to see your corpse.
The goal of power is power. - idk
We are not descended from fearful men. - Murrow

The Final Countdown is now stuck in your head.

Anim-manga sux.

Saxony

• Donkey Kong
  • My avatar is from the anime "Pani Poni Dash!".
« Reply #105 on: November 04, 2010, 04:43:23 PM »
Hi Welcome
I'm going to call it like I see it. That's less than perfect quality posting.

Would you like to say something more and contribute to this thread?
There is no greater contribution than Hi Welcome.

:thumb

And to the other guy:  :grave
Hi Welcome is a cool idea, but just saying the name of a general Druid idea on a thread about a specific spell using tons of metamagic, when (If I recall correctly) said Druid idea isn't compatible with tons of metamagic seems... inappropriate. I don't know what you added to except your ego unless I am terribly mistaken and your plug directly corresponded to this thread (In which case I apologize for my rude behavior).
If I say something about real world physics, and someone disagrees, assume I am right 90% of the time. This number goes up to 100% if I am late night posting - trust me, my star dust sibs.

jameswilliamogle

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #106 on: November 04, 2010, 06:14:46 PM »
I just don't understand how this is any better than a Locate City Bomb. 

I just say "Fuck You", but while wearing a pinwheel cap, and that's fun enough for me.

Bauglir

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • TriOptimum
« Reply #107 on: November 04, 2010, 06:19:23 PM »
I just don't understand how this is any better than a Locate City Bomb. 

I just say "Fuck You", but while wearing a pinwheel cap, and that's fun enough for me.

It lasts for 2 years, is certain to kill everything but high level adventurers (5% of the population survives a Locate City bomb, regardless of level), and dodges all the trouble of arguing over 2-dimensional circles. Also the caster doesn't need to invoke any Sculpt Spell stuff in order to survive, because a few tens of damage and a negative level are acceptable losses.

Sunic_Flames

• Organ Grinder
  • The Crusader of Logic.
« Reply #108 on: November 04, 2010, 06:30:44 PM »
Hi Welcome

Hi Welcome is a cool idea, but just saying the name of a general Druid idea on a thread about a specific spell using tons of metamagic, when (If I recall correctly) said Druid idea isn't compatible with tons of metamagic seems... inappropriate. I don't know what you added to except your ego unless I am terribly mistaken and your plug directly corresponded to this thread (In which case I apologize for my rude behavior).

Sunic Flames has the facepalm. Saxony is the noob that is clueless! He has the skill of the untrained monkey! He should learn to utilize the google fu of winning!
Smiting Imbeciles since 1985.

If you hear this music, run.

And don't forget:

Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.

IP proofing and avoiding being CAPed OR - how to make characters relevant in the long term.

Friends don't let friends be Short Bus Hobos.

[spoiler]
Sunic may be more abrasive than sandpaper coated in chainsaws (not that its a bad thing, he really does know what he's talking about), but just posting in this thread without warning and telling him he's an asshole which, if you knew his past experiences on WotC and Paizo is flat-out uncalled for. Never mind the insults (which are clearly 4Chan-level childish). You say people like Sunic are the bane of the internet? Try looking at your own post and telling me you are better than him.

Here's a fun fact: You aren't. By a few leagues.
[/spoiler]

Bauglir

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • TriOptimum
« Reply #109 on: November 04, 2010, 06:36:55 PM »
Hi Welcome

Sunic Flames has the facepalm. Saxony is the noob that is clueless! He has the skill of the untrained monkey! He should learn to utilize the google fu of winning!

Google tells me it's a meme used only by people who think "meaningless" is equivalent to "inexpressably deep and/or witty".

Sunic_Flames

• Organ Grinder
  • The Crusader of Logic.
« Reply #110 on: November 04, 2010, 07:08:59 PM »
Hi Welcome

Google tells me it's a meme used only by people who think "meaningless" is equivalent to "inexpressably deep and/or witty".

Bauglir has the suck and the fail instead of the win that is awesome!

Hi Welcome

And don't forget:

Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.

IP proofing and avoiding being CAPed OR - how to make characters relevant in the long term.

[spoiler]
Sunic may be more abrasive than sandpaper coated in chainsaws (not that its a bad thing, he really does know what he's talking about), but just posting in this thread without warning and telling him he's an asshole which, if you knew his past experiences on WotC and Paizo is flat-out uncalled for. Never mind the insults (which are clearly 4Chan-level childish). You say people like Sunic are the bane of the internet? Try looking at your own post and telling me you are better than him.

[/spoiler]

Bauglir

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • TriOptimum
« Reply #111 on: November 04, 2010, 07:24:55 PM »
Hi Welcome

Hi Welcome

It's true. The ability to quote memes repeatedly proves Sunic is right in all things, and his words trusted without question.

RelentlessImp

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #112 on: November 04, 2010, 07:27:20 PM »
Hi Welcome

Hi Welcome

It's true. The ability to quote memes repeatedly proves Sunic is right in all things, and his words trusted without question.

Needs more smiting.
Solo on Essentials
I prepared irresistible phantasmal killer today... as a 4th level spell.
"He hit me with a flaming garbage can...and then the god damn hobo next to it!"

Sunic_Flames

• Organ Grinder
  • The Crusader of Logic.
« Reply #113 on: November 04, 2010, 07:59:00 PM »
Hi Welcome

Hi Welcome

Needs more smiting.

Well yeah. Didn't you get the memo? Invoking Hi Welcome and Fawful in the same thread means you automatically win the internet. Unless your name isn't Sunic Flames, then you're just a poser.

And don't forget:

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Thread Necromancy a Specialty
« Reply #114 on: November 04, 2010, 08:59:16 PM »
Alright sorry, I was writing the stuff on how the damage worked from memory. Again, sorry.

However, remember how I was starting this thing off by casting the center of the effect in the aoe of a Frostfell? That counts as being 3 bands colder. 4 with the winds, and we're starting in the winter...

So I'm pretty sure it's hitting Extreme Cold.

So, even if it isn't as awesome as I thought it was, it is probably cold enough that even casting Endure Elements won't help, iirc.

And the fact that there is pretty much a constant blizzard won't help...

Making a spell of this contingent upon your death, along with a Revivify and a Greater Teleport would be hilarious.
[spoiler]Fighter: "I can kill a guy in one turn."
Cleric: "I can kill a guy in half a turn."
Wizard: "I can kill a guy before my turn."
Bard: "I can get three idiots to kill guys for me."

On a strange note, would anyone be put out if we had a post about people or events we can spare a thought for, or if its within their creed, a prayer for? Just a random thought, but ... hells I wouldn't have known about either Archangels daughter or Saeomons niece if I didn't happen to be on these threads.
Sounds fine to me.
probably over on "Off-topic".
might want to put a little disclaimer in the first post.

This is the Min/Max board. We should be able to figure out a way to optimize the POWER OF PRAYER(TM) that doesn't involve "Pazuzu, Pazuzu, Pazuzu".
[/spoiler]

My final project for my film independent study course. It could do with a watching and critiquing

Endarire

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #115 on: November 04, 2010, 10:05:57 PM »
I hereby dub this trick Nuclear Fimbulwinter.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 10:13:33 PM by Endarire »
Hood - My first answer to all your build questions; past, present, and future.

Speaking of which:
Don't even need TO for this.  Any decent Hood build, especially one with Celerity, one-rounds [Azathoth, the most powerful greater deity from d20 Cthulu].
Does it bug anyone else that we've reached the point where characters who can obliterate a greater deity in one round are considered "decent?"

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
« Reply #116 on: November 04, 2010, 11:35:13 PM »

Yay! One of my ideas has a name now!

On a strange note, would anyone be put out if we had a post about people or events we can spare a thought for, or if its within their creed, a prayer for? Just a random thought, but ... hells I wouldn't have known about either Archangels daughter or Saeomons niece if I didn't happen to be on these threads.
Sounds fine to me.

This is the Min/Max board. We should be able to figure out a way to optimize the POWER OF PRAYER(TM) that doesn't involve "Pazuzu, Pazuzu, Pazuzu".
[/spoiler]

My final project for my film independent study course. It could do with a watching and critiquing

PhaedrusXY

• Organ Grinder
  • Advanced Spambot
« Reply #117 on: November 04, 2010, 11:57:30 PM »
Meh, I like Wight Christmas a lot better. :D
[spoiler]
A couple of water benders, a dike, a flaming arrow, and a few barrels of blasting jelly?

Sounds like the makings of a gay porn film.
...thanks
[/spoiler]

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
« Reply #118 on: November 04, 2010, 11:58:38 PM »

I like that one too. Maybe combine them in some way?

Sounds fine to me.

[/spoiler]

geniussavant

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #119 on: November 05, 2010, 12:20:11 AM »

I like that one too. Maybe combine them in some way?

how about "Nuclear Wight Out?"
[spoiler]
I see that you want to solve problems. Not problems like, "What is beauty?," because that would fall within the purview of your conundrums of 'philosophy'. You want to solve practical problems. F'r instance, how are you gonna stop some big, mean Mother Hubbard from tearing you a structurally superfluous new behind? The answer: Use a gun. And if that don't work? Use more gun.
And if that fails try this

[/spoiler]