Author Topic: A Fun way to say "Fuck You"  (Read 51845 times)

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
Re: A Fun way to say "Fuck You"
« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2010, 05:16:19 PM »
whats the full current build?

also, in the OP there is a bit about "Make sure you've raised your CL to 40." what were we doing that with?
CL40 is from circle magic. I don't recall which class they are using but only 3 grant it.
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

KellKheraptis

• Organ Grinder
  • What's the matter? I thought you had me...
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2010, 05:23:23 PM »
whats the full current build?

also, in the OP there is a bit about "Make sure you've raised your CL to 40." what were we doing that with?
CL40 is from circle magic. I don't recall which class they are using but only 3 grant it.

Red Wizard of course, if nothing else for the free +2 CL from 5 levels worth of it, and potentially more if you used Earth Spell to Heighten it as well.
BG's Resident Black Hatter
The Mango List Reborn!
My Warmage Trickery (coming soon!)
My PrC Pally Trickery (coming soon!)
The D&D Archive
-Work in progress!

altpersona

• Organ Grinder
  • BG forum Emperor Ad Litem
    • Altpersona.net
« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2010, 05:36:44 PM »
the more i look, the less fun this gets..

Spells: Fimbulwinter

Metamagic: Fell Drain, Extend Spell, Flash Frost Spell, Energy Substitution (Cold), and Lord of the Uttercold

Metamagic Reducer: Arcane Thesis (Fimbulwinter).

Maximize Spell and Empower Spell are gained from Circle Magic

Fimbulwinter (8)+Fell Drain (+2-1-1)+Flash Frost Spell (+1-1)+Extend Spell (+1-1)+Lord of the Uttercold (+0)

Energy Substitution (Cold) is required for Lord of the Uttercold.

For another, its cold is infused with the deadly embrace of the Negative Energy plane. Every six seconds, regardless of the actual conditions within the circle, everything takes 8 cold damage and 8 negative energy damage. And everything damaged gets dealt a negative level. Wights begin to rise within a day of the start of this storm.

Fimbulwinter, makes winter harsher, doesn't actually do damage. such as fell fireball vs fell summon monster

Metamagic:
Fell Drain, once the spell can do some damage of its own, i wont have a problem w/ this but for now i do.
Extend Spell, no worries, seems fine
Flash Frost Spell,  took me a second to find this, i wasnt looking at meta's.. so this makes the spell 0 + 2hp damage and enable fell.
Energy Substitution (Cold) enable flash frost spell
Lord of the Uttercold , turns 0 + 2 cold damage, into 0 + 1 cold + 1 negative damage.

Metamagic Reducer:

Arcane Thesis (Fimbulwinter). duh

Maximize Spell and Empower Spell are gained from Circle Magic

Fimbulwinter (8)+Fell Drain (+2-1-1)+Flash Frost Spell (+1-1)+Extend Spell (+1-1)+Lord of the Uttercold (+0) (where did the 8s come from? i only see 2 + fell. )

Energy Substitution (Cold) is required for Lord of the Uttercold.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 05:39:02 PM by altpersona »
The goal of power is power. - idk
We are not descended from fearful men. - Murrow

The Final Countdown is now stuck in your head.

Anim-manga sux.

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
  • Developing a relaxed attitude to danger.
« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2010, 05:52:31 PM »
Fimbulwinter is an 8th level spell, IIRC, thus the 8.

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Thread Necromancy a Specialty
« Reply #44 on: November 02, 2010, 05:53:24 PM »
The simplest way to pull this off is to have the following build, as I had in the OP.

Human Wizard (Transmuter, banning Evocation and Necromancy) 5/Red Wizard (Ban whatever you want) 5/Incantatrix (Banning Illusion) 5/Cleric 1/Dweomerkeeper 4

Feats:
1st: Tattoo Focus
Human: Widen Spell
Flaw: Chain Spell
Flaw: Spell Mastery (Retrain to include Fimbulwinter later)
B: Scribe Scroll
3rd: Fell Drain
5th: Energy Substution (Cold)
6th: Flash Frost Spell
9th: Lord of the Uttercold
10th: Transdimensional Spell
11th: Enlarge Spell
12th: Uncanny Forethought
15th: Metamagic School Focus (Transmutation)
15th: Piercing Cold
16th: Extend Spell (Bonus).
18th: Arcane Thesis (Fimbulwinter)

Domains: Magic and Planning

Buy Iron Will at the Oytugh Hole before level 11.

Capabilities:

Casts Fimbulwinter as a standard action and a supernatural effect.

Any metamagic feat applied to a spell from the Transmutation school has its spell level adjustment reduced by 1. Metamagic can be applied for free. All metamagic applied to Fimbulwinter are at -2 spell level.

So, here are the stats of Fimbulwinter, with all metamagic possible, when cast at 20th level.

Supernatural Effect.
Duration of 100-144 weeks
Area of Effect: an 88-mile-radius circle
Effect on everyone inside: 8-10 feet of snow on the ground. Winds of 31+ mph. All creatures within take 8 cold damage, 8 negative energy damage, and one negative level per round. Cold damage goes through cold resistance, and is only reduced by half against cold immunity.
Hits Ethereal and Incorporeal creatures as well.
Spell level: 8 (or 20, for the lols)
Repeated 20 times per casting, with the center of each effect up to 88 miles away from the last one.

And you can make a scroll of this puppy.

Oh, and Altpersona? Fimbulwinter is already a cold subtype spell.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 06:10:27 PM by Amechra »
[spoiler]Fighter: "I can kill a guy in one turn."
Cleric: "I can kill a guy in half a turn."
Wizard: "I can kill a guy before my turn."
Bard: "I can get three idiots to kill guys for me."

On a strange note, would anyone be put out if we had a post about people or events we can spare a thought for, or if its within their creed, a prayer for? Just a random thought, but ... hells I wouldn't have known about either Archangels daughter or Saeomons niece if I didn't happen to be on these threads.
Sounds fine to me.
probably over on "Off-topic".
might want to put a little disclaimer in the first post.

This is the Min/Max board. We should be able to figure out a way to optimize the POWER OF PRAYER(TM) that doesn't involve "Pazuzu, Pazuzu, Pazuzu".
[/spoiler]

My final project for my film independent study course. It could do with a watching and critiquing

altpersona

• Organ Grinder
    • Altpersona.net
« Reply #45 on: November 02, 2010, 05:53:50 PM »
what?

your saying its an 8th level spell so it does 8 points of damage? hows that work? what am i overlooking?

Anim-manga sux.

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2010, 05:56:39 PM »
what?

your saying its an 8th level spell so it does 8 points of damage? hows that work? what am i overlooking?
Flash frost is +2 cold per spell level, then half of that gets converted to negative energy by Lord of the Uttercold.
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

altpersona

• Organ Grinder
    • Altpersona.net
« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2010, 05:59:43 PM »
o.0, i did overlook that..

so its 16dmg, 8 and 8. k. carry on.

Anim-manga sux.

Saxony

• Donkey Kong
  • My avatar is from the anime "Pani Poni Dash!".
« Reply #48 on: November 02, 2010, 06:01:22 PM »
Kell, you are a wonderful person.

Now, what other spells would be helpful when used with the random roll for weather conditions? Are there any spells that add to generic d20 rolls? Because the 9 inches of snow/11+ mile per hour winds are only if you roll a 1-5.

I want to make this as horrible as possible.
Doesn't maximize and empower take care of this?

Your d20 roll to determine amount of snowfall and wind is maximized and empowered, no?
If I say something about real world physics, and someone disagrees, assume I am right 90% of the time. This number goes up to 100% if I am late night posting - trust me, my star dust sibs.

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #49 on: November 02, 2010, 06:01:54 PM »
what?

Flash frost is +2 cold per spell level, then half of that gets converted to negative energy by Lord of the Uttercold.
Yeah, I was talking about the spell levels, not the damage added, but that works too. :P

BeholderSlayer

• Hong Kong
« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2010, 06:04:31 PM »
Both Red Wizard and Incantrix make you ban a school, IIRC, so you'll have 4 banned schools if you go Transmuter RW/Incantrix.

Of course, if you can scribe high level spells into a BBB before you take each PrC, you won't have much of a problem.
Hi Welcome
[spoiler]
Allow me to welcome you both with my literal words and with an active display of how much you fit in by being tone deaf, dumb, and uncritical of your babbling myself.[/spoiler]

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Thread Necromancy a Specialty
« Reply #51 on: November 02, 2010, 06:05:31 PM »
Kell, you are a wonderful person.

Now, what other spells would be helpful when used with the random roll for weather conditions? Are there any spells that add to generic d20 rolls? Because the 9 inches of snow/11+ mile per hour winds are only if you roll a 1-5.

I want to make this as horrible as possible.
Doesn't maximize and empower take care of this?

Your d20 roll to determine amount of snowfall and wind is maximized and empowered, no?

Thanks for the heads up. We caught that a while ago, though.

But with the empower, which we did miss out on, you can lapse on some of the extra stuff, like Frostfell (which was kind of a waste anyway.) or casting it in winter.

Now we can cast it in Autumn with no reduction! Wooo!

Your right, editing now.
Both Red Wizard and Incantrix make you ban a school, IIRC, so you'll have 4 banned schools if you go Transmuter RW/Incantrix.
[spoiler]Fighter: "I can kill a guy in one turn."
Cleric: "I can kill a guy in half a turn."
Wizard: "I can kill a guy before my turn."
Bard: "I can get three idiots to kill guys for me."

On a strange note, would anyone be put out if we had a post about people or events we can spare a thought for, or if its within their creed, a prayer for? Just a random thought, but ... hells I wouldn't have known about either Archangels daughter or Saeomons niece if I didn't happen to be on these threads.
Sounds fine to me.
probably over on "Off-topic".
might want to put a little disclaimer in the first post.

This is the Min/Max board. We should be able to figure out a way to optimize the POWER OF PRAYER(TM) that doesn't involve "Pazuzu, Pazuzu, Pazuzu".
[/spoiler]

My final project for my film independent study course. It could do with a watching and critiquing

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: November 02, 2010, 06:06:26 PM »
Unless you are a gnome do you care about any schools other than Transmutation and Conjuration?

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #53 on: November 02, 2010, 06:09:39 PM »
Unless you are a gnome do you care about any schools other than Transmutation and Conjuration?
Abjuration to get into Incantatrix?

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: November 02, 2010, 06:12:06 PM »
Abjuration to get into Incantatrix?
So you drop Ench., Evoc., Ill., and Necro.

BeholderSlayer

• Hong Kong
« Reply #55 on: November 02, 2010, 06:12:47 PM »
Not really, but you can get around it, anyway, to get the goodies. It requires some wealth squeeze, though. Take Craft Wonderous Item at level 3 instead of Fell Drain, craft a BBB. Once you have your BBB you can retrain CWI for Fell Drain and still qualify for Red Wizard. Spend all the wealth you can on good spells specifically from schools you are going to ban later (you'll definitely want Simulacrum for a Red Wizard before you ban it at Incantrix). Pick up any goodies you might want from the school you choose to ban at Red Wizard between levels 3 and 6.

This gets around the fact that you banned the school, since you already learned the spell and scribed it. Both Incantrix and Red Wizards have the provision that previously learned spells from newly banned schools can be cast regularly.
Hi Welcome
[spoiler]
Allow me to welcome you both with my literal words and with an active display of how much you fit in by being tone deaf, dumb, and uncritical of your babbling myself.[/spoiler]

Surreal

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: November 02, 2010, 06:28:13 PM »
So... can a spell to power erudite do anything similar? They don't get any of the crazy metamagic goodies that really power the combo (unless you find some way to finagle magic mantle into there), but there's always linked power to negate the casting time...
---
"The late, sedate, and no to great." ~Surreal

Some Handy Links for CO Work (WotC 339 version) - a compilation of links for base/prestige class handbooks, tactics, spellcasting, character builds, D&D databases, etc.
Archived version of the above with working links

The Mango Index - a giant index for all things D&D and where to find them
The Mango List Reborn! - rehosted by KellKheraptis

Lists of Stuff - listing of class features etc and how to get them, etc. sort of like above but a little more specific and sorted by category
Polymorph, Wildshape and Shapechange, oh my! (comparison charts) - side-by-side comparison of all the various form altering abilities
Alternative Class Features
alternative ways to get class skills

Rebel7284

• Grape ape
« Reply #57 on: November 02, 2010, 06:31:35 PM »
This gets around the fact that you banned the school, since you already learned the spell and scribed it. Both Incantrix and Red Wizards have the provision that previously learned spells from newly banned schools can be cast regularly.

The old Incantatrix said this, the new one seems to lack this line.  However, this works for the Red Wizard.
Negative level on a chicken would make it a wight the next day.  Chicken the other wight meat. -borg286

BeholderSlayer

• Hong Kong
« Reply #58 on: November 02, 2010, 06:43:40 PM »

The old Incantatrix said this, the new one seems to lack this line.  However, this works for the Red Wizard.
hmph. interesting. i'd pick enchantment, then, at Incantrix.
Hi Welcome
[spoiler]

BrokeAndDrive

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
  • Why are there no ghosts of dinosaurs?
­
« Reply #59 on: November 02, 2010, 07:07:42 PM »
I could gate [a xixecal] in-
No. :banghead[spoiler]Xixecal = abomination

Abomination = rank 0 deity (Ordinary mortals do not have a divine rank of 0. They lack a divine rank altogether.)

Text of Gate spell:
"Deities [of which abominations such as a xixecal are] and unique beings are under no compulsion to come through the gate..." "Deities and unique beings cannot be controlled in any event..."

Even if it felt like waltzing through on its own, good luck fitting something 100+ ft. tall through a 20 ft. door.[/spoiler]

Digression aside, I cackled in sheer glee at the thought of, "Hey! Sharn! :fu:lmao
Random quotes:[spoiler]I think Roy's coinages are shitty and dumb, but Failroy has to take the cake for the dumbest new compound word of the year
~

That was kind of the point. I was trying to be a Roy parody, but I guess it didn't come across overly well.

==

JaronK is of course most famous for his massive thought experiments into placing classes into tiers. While a kind of nifty idea, and a decent enough way to think about stuff, his particular tier assignments were basically insane. Apparently the criteria he used was to assign classes relative strength based on what bullshit he personally would let them get away with at 20th level.

So Factotums were rated very highly, because apparently he would let them use Rokugan-exclusive skills with Forgotten Realms-exclusive weapons from the back of MM2 templated warbeasts. But Rogues suck donkey dick, becuase he wouldn't let them use Use Magic Device to read scrolls of Planar Binding. It was a very surreal argument.
~

And to think the system was immortalized in OOTS. As a general rule, I try to avoid all tier discussion there because it's the De Facto system at BG, and I'm not going to change anyone's mind.

Besides, I think if most people are pressed, they will admit that it's just an estimate, anyway, and that results can vary from table to table.
~

My only real complaint with the tier system is that at one point I was tired (tiered?) of hearing about it.[/spoiler]