Author Topic: Catgirl Builds  (Read 25579 times)

Catty Nebulart

• Curious George
    • Email
Re: Catgirl Builds
« Reply #60 on: November 04, 2010, 01:08:48 AM »
and be able to stand without the limb(s) that wield the opposable weapon.

*looks at cat* it's walking on it's forelegs. :eh While the rules don't specify either way I'd say cats require their forelegs to walk, much like most quadrupeds.

Asside from that the build has more than X levels of samurai which I believe makes it autofail mix/max. funny build though, but iy should make any optimizer cry out in pain.
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."

carnivore

• Grape ape
« Reply #61 on: November 04, 2010, 10:59:36 AM »
*looks at cat* it's walking on it's forelegs. :eh While the rules don't specify either way I'd say cats require their forelegs to walk, much like most quadrupeds.

Asside from that the build has more than X levels of samurai which I believe makes it autofail mix/max. funny build though, but iy should make any optimizer cry out in pain.
no it is walking on its Hind legs .... which is possible for Cats in the real World to do ,

but remember ... this is DnD .... and things happen in Fantasy worlds ... like this:
[spoiler]

Puss 'N' Boots
Awakened Cat (2HD)
Swashbuckler 8/ Duelist 10
[/spoiler]

also it is Possible to Optimize CW Samurai .... just not easy(link)
 :D

« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 11:22:45 AM by carnivore »

bhu

• Organ Grinder
  • Convincing the rich whale fat enemas are healthy
« Reply #62 on: November 04, 2010, 03:44:11 PM »
Theres Boots of Man in the Cat Burglar thread somewhere...

X-Codes

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #63 on: November 04, 2010, 05:54:12 PM »
Puss in Boots is riding a horse...

Catty Nebulart

• Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: November 04, 2010, 08:26:39 PM »
 :bow i bow down to your superior arguments. :clap
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Thread Necromancy a Specialty
« Reply #65 on: November 04, 2010, 08:48:37 PM »
Alright, here's my cheesetastic Kitty Red Wizard

Lady Catherine von Munchhausen
[spoiler]

TN Female Anthropomorphic Magebred Cat Focused Illusionist (Evocation, Necromancy, and Enchantment) 5/Red Wizard (Abjuration) 10/Shadowcraft Mage (Adaptation version) 5

Feats:
B: Tattoo Focus
B: Human Heritage
1st: Invisible Spell
Flaw: Arcane Disciple-Taiia Creator Aspect (Luck)
Flaw: Envelop the Wall
3rd: Southern Magician
5th: Domain Granted Power (Sun)
6th: Spell Focus (Illusion)
7th: Maximize Spell
9th: Arcane Thesis (Silent Image)
11th: Irresistable Spell
12th: Spell Thematics (Silent Image, a bunch of other spells no-one cares about. Theme is Catgirl, obviously.)
15th: Divine Metamagic (Irresistable Spell)
16th: Any Metamagic
18th: Any Feat[/spoiler]

How is this in the remotest way possible? Look at her creation.

[spoiler]Cat
1.-Breeding-
Magebred Cat
2.-Wish-
Anthropomorphic Magebred Cat
3.-Polymorph-
Cat
3a.-Maximized Empowered Awaken-
Cat with 27 Int and Cha +4. +2 HD
-Polymorph Ends-
Extra HD go away. Anthropomorphic Magebred Cat with 27 Int and Cha 15.
4.-Polymorph-
Half-Elf
4a.-DCFS-
Half-Elf with Human Subtype
-Polymorph ends-
Anthropomorphic Magebred Cat with 27 Int and Cha 15.[/spoiler]

I'll post backstory if anyone wants to see it. Can anyone direct me to a good picture of a catgirl wizard?
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 10:40:20 PM by Amechra »
[spoiler]Fighter: "I can kill a guy in one turn."
Cleric: "I can kill a guy in half a turn."
Wizard: "I can kill a guy before my turn."
Bard: "I can get three idiots to kill guys for me."

On a strange note, would anyone be put out if we had a post about people or events we can spare a thought for, or if its within their creed, a prayer for? Just a random thought, but ... hells I wouldn't have known about either Archangels daughter or Saeomons niece if I didn't happen to be on these threads.
Sounds fine to me.
probably over on "Off-topic".
might want to put a little disclaimer in the first post.

This is the Min/Max board. We should be able to figure out a way to optimize the POWER OF PRAYER(TM) that doesn't involve "Pazuzu, Pazuzu, Pazuzu".
[/spoiler]

My final project for my film independent study course. It could do with a watching and critiquing

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #66 on: November 04, 2010, 09:11:16 PM »
Catgirl necromancer?

[spoiler][/spoiler]
It always seems like the barrels around here have something in them.

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
« Reply #67 on: November 04, 2010, 09:12:13 PM »
That works.  :D

On a strange note, would anyone be put out if we had a post about people or events we can spare a thought for, or if its within their creed, a prayer for? Just a random thought, but ... hells I wouldn't have known about either Archangels daughter or Saeomons niece if I didn't happen to be on these threads.
Sounds fine to me.

This is the Min/Max board. We should be able to figure out a way to optimize the POWER OF PRAYER(TM) that doesn't involve "Pazuzu, Pazuzu, Pazuzu".
[/spoiler]

My final project for my film independent study course. It could do with a watching and critiquing

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #68 on: November 04, 2010, 09:46:11 PM »
Some other spellcasters:

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
It always seems like the barrels around here have something in them.

Catty Nebulart

• Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #69 on: November 04, 2010, 10:33:37 PM »
i like Catherine from Munchhausen. I wonder if the shuffle at the begining could be improved by starting as a familiar. Or are magebred cats ineligible for becoming familiars?

You might need a PC to cooperate with you for that or have an odd use of the leadership feat (your cohort being your wizard master whose familiar you are. works best if your master is very small so she/he/it can ride on your shoulder or something, or large enough to use as a mount.)

this has given me an idea...

And yes I would love to read the backstory of that lovely illusionist, particularly how she pulled of her beginning.

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
« Reply #70 on: November 04, 2010, 11:32:34 PM »
The Creation of Catherine von Munchhausen

[spoiler]A long time ago, in the land known as Thay, there was an old, irascible Red Wizard named Hauthas Munchhausen. Now, Munchhausen was cursed with a lack of children, who would have been able to continue his legacy, which was both grand and terrible.

Now, a lesser Wizard would have merely chosen from his apprentices; however, Munchhausen was no lesser Wizard. He had seen the works of his apprentices, and those works filled him with shame for being their master. So he looked further.

He looked amidst the stars. He looked beneath the earth, amongst his dearest friends and most vicious foes, but could not find one who he felt was worthy to continue his legacy.

At his last extremes of desperation and despair; when all hope for his project was nearly lost, his beloved magebred cat Catherine rubbed against him, and he was struck by a brilliant idea.

Why be like some lordling, and search for an heir? He was a Wizard; worlds quaked at his words! He would create his greatest work; an heir worthy of the name!

So he set to the task of learning the necessary rituals of alteration, until finally he was prepared. He opened his mouth, and spoke the following grand, terrible words:

I wish that my cat Catherine was endowed with a humanoid form.

And his wish came to be. Catherine was endowed with a humanoid form; however, she had at the same time features of a cat, such as ears and a tail.

Weeping at the misfortune of his mistake, he began to make the gestures that would slay her instantly, already regretting the waste of effort, when suddenly, he had a thought; why destroy this girl? If anything, she was already a marvel in her own right, a synthesis of human and cat. So why be ashamed of something so near to the perfection that he sought?

So he took her in, and fed and clothed her, and taught her the ways of being a humanoid; in time, he even began to see her as a daughter, given her sweet nature, small frame and short height. But there was a problem, at least from his point of view; she only had the intelligence of the average peasant, which was from his point of view very low indeed.

So he sought a way to bring her closer to his mental capabilities. He threw himself back into his studies, and soon uncovered records of a spell that brought animals great intellect. It was perfect for his purposes; however, it could only be cast by a mighty Druid. So he set out and found one.

The Druid's name was lost in time; he used the title Treebrother while speaking to humans. So Munchhausen came to Treebrother, and asked him for his aid. Treebrother at first refused, but after some coercion, he agreed to cast the spell, but only once.

So the pact was made; Treebrother would cast the most powerful version of Awaken that he knew, while Munchhausen supervised.

But the spell could only be cast on an animal, so Munchhausen, weeping as he did it, put his surrogate daughter to sleep, and transformed her into a cat. Treebrother unleashed the full force of his belief, his faith in his abilities and nature; as Catherine awoke, she noticed that her mind felt wider. Far wider.

Where once had stood a cat-girl of only average intelligence, there now stood a cat-girl whose intelligence surpassed those of many geniuses.

From that day forth, she aided her 'father' in his research. He taught her magic at his knee, and she grew quite proficient. But in her studies (for after a while, he gave her full run of his library), she found her 'father's' notes about her creation. His journals. His, now long dead, plan to create an heir, to have an heir that was worthy.

Now, Catherine loved her 'father', and wished for his happiness; that night, she approached him and said,

Father, I would like training to become a Red Wizard, like you are. I wish to make you proud; I am sorry I was such a shame to you, and I wish to become worthy of being your heir.

And Munchhausen rejoiced, for his long dead desire to continue his legacy might have a chance, and comforted her, telling her that every moment with her had been a delight.

But there was a problem; by tradition, and by strictly regimented law, only humans could become Red Wizards, for if one of another race was discovered, they were to be destroyed immediately.

So Munchhausen threw himself back into research, with Catherine's erstwhile help, and soon found a thin tome, bound in skin of fiend and celestial both; within this tome was two spells, one horrible, and one glorious. There was a small note, mentioning that the use of the spells consecutively could alter the capabilities and mutations of a creature on which they were cast. And further research revealed that there was a mutation that sometimes arose in half-humans and the like, a mutation that resulted in them becoming, for all intents and purposes, completely and permanently human; however, the mutation kept the outward form and capabilities of the original form.

So Catherine requested that her 'father' transform her into a half-elf, and then use those spells on her; he, with a few, feeble, protests agreed. And so the spells were cast on her.

It tore her soul with pain for an instant, but then the pain was gone. And with that, Catherine from Munchhausen was human, without a true change in form.

And so they took her before the cabal of Illusionists, and requested that she be allowed admission; they refused, on grounds of her shape. But then Munchhausen, a smile dancing on his lips, asked them to discover, through the strongest magic the cabal of diviners had, to discover her nature.

And so they did. There was much screaming of blasphemy, but she was allowed in to the cabal.

And Munchhausen was the one who applied the tattoos, using the same spells to alter her form, so that the tattoos appeared on her back, with nary a needle touching her skin.

And that, my dear listeners is the tale of the creation of Catherine von Munchausen.[/spoiler]

OOC: I didn't use the guy's familiar because Awakened creatures immediately lose bonuses from being familiars.

So, how do you like that backstory?

Sounds fine to me.

[/spoiler]

Catty Nebulart

• Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #71 on: November 05, 2010, 12:07:26 AM »
OOC: I didn't use the guy's familiar because Awakened creatures immediately lose bonuses from being familiars.

So, how do you like that backstory?

Drat there goes that idea. I completely missed that line in the spell description.

I like it the back story makes sense and is all sweet and WAFF. tough Catherine comes of more as LN than TN.

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
« Reply #72 on: November 05, 2010, 12:17:08 AM »
Well, she had to be TN for the Arcane Disciple, and well, animals are always TN. So I thought I should at least keep it that way.

Plus, you know how hard it is to find a being with both the Sun and Luck domains? I think Taiia is the only one! And she's from a book I don't even recognize the acronym for (I found her through crystalkeep). Does anyone know what book D&D is an abbreviation for?

Also, the line is more that Awakened creatures cannot be AC, familiars, or special mounts, so...

Sounds fine to me.

[/spoiler]

Catty Nebulart

• Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #73 on: November 05, 2010, 12:43:03 AM »
Well, she had to be TN for the Arcane Disciple, and well, animals are always TN. So I thought I should at least keep it that way.

Fair enough.

Plus, you know how hard it is to find a being with both the Sun and Luck domains? I think Taiia is the only one! And she's from a book I don't even recognize the acronym for (I found her through crystalkeep). Does anyone know what book D&D is an abbreviation for?

The crystal-keep pdfs always have a list of abbreviations used for books in an appendix.

Also, the line is more that Awakened creatures cannot be AC, familiars, or special mounts, so...

Yeah I saw that when I was rereading the spell description. i'm trying to pull a build together using the same basic idea but skips the maximized  awakened goodness of 20+ Int, and instead relies on share spells and such for buffing. i am really hating right now how familiars are written up, it's almost as if they didn't expect them to be PC's. :pout

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
« Reply #74 on: November 05, 2010, 12:48:40 AM »
Well, I hope you have an easier time at it then I had. I was stuck for a bit on how to use Awaken on an animal that was going to Anthropomorphized, because Awaken changes the creature's base type.

Then I remembered Polymorph, and everything slipped into place.

Sounds fine to me.

[/spoiler]

snakeman830

• Organ Grinder
  • BG's resident furry min/maxxer
« Reply #75 on: November 05, 2010, 12:56:32 AM »
Does anyone know what book D&D is an abbreviation for?
Dieties & Demigods, perhaps?
I am constantly amazed by how many DM's ban Tomb of Battle.  The book doesn't even exist!

Quotes:[spoiler]
By yes, she means no.
That explains so much about my life.
hiicantcomeupwithacharacterthatisntaghostwhyisthatamijustretardedorsomething
Why would you even do this? It hurts my eyes and looks like you ate your keyboard before suffering an attack of explosive diarrhea.
[/spoiler]

If using Genesis to hide your phylactry, set it at -300 degrees farenheit.  See how do-gooders fare with a liquid atmosphere.

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
« Reply #76 on: November 05, 2010, 12:57:44 AM »
Sounds logical.

Sounds fine to me.

[/spoiler]

Maat_Mons

• Hong Kong
  • What is a smile but a grimace of happiness?
« Reply #77 on: November 05, 2010, 01:15:26 AM »
Plus, you know how hard it is to find a being with both the Sun and Luck domains? I think Taiia is the only one!

There's also Elishar, from the same book. 

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #78 on: November 05, 2010, 01:44:40 PM »
What about this?

Humanoid Form [Racial]
Prerequisite: Must be a familiar
Benefit: You may take on a humanoid form as a standard action, or return to your own. This form is roughly human or elven in appearance, but possesses clear features of your normal form (eg. animal ears). You gain a +5 bonus on Disguise checks made to use this form as a disguise. While in this form your size changes to Medium, modifying your ability scores by +2Str/-2Dex for each size increase and -2Str/+2Dex for each size decrease (your new size may also affect your AC, attack rolls and weapon damage). In addition you gain the ability to speak and wield weapons if you could not already. Your other stats remain unchanged. This otherwise functions as the Change Shape ability.
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
« Reply #79 on: November 05, 2010, 06:08:45 PM »
What about this?

Humanoid Form [Racial]
Prerequisite: Must be a familiar
Benefit: You may take on a humanoid form as a standard action, or return to your own. This form is roughly human or elven in appearance, but possesses clear features of your normal form (eg. animal ears). You gain a +5 bonus on Disguise checks made to use this form as a disguise. While in this form your size changes to Medium, modifying your ability scores by +2Str/-2Dex for each size increase and -2Str/+2Dex for each size decrease (your new size may also affect your AC, attack rolls and weapon damage). In addition you gain the ability to speak and wield weapons if you could not already. Your other stats remain unchanged. This otherwise functions as the Change Shape ability.

This a homebrew of yours?

Alrighty, one question; using my "make a cat technically a humanoid trick", can I make the Catgirl into a Werecat Catgirl? Because if so, I'm working on a melee beast, literally...

Sounds fine to me.

[/spoiler]