Author Topic: Need a 3.5 Conversion For Something Cool from Equilibrium  (Read 3204 times)

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
Need a 3.5 Conversion For Something Cool from Equilibrium
« on: October 25, 2010, 04:11:12 AM »
Found this on the Humourous Challenge, and it's awesome. It's the Grammaton Cleric from Equalibrium, but it's got a combo of Forgotten Realms, and 3.0 mixed in there. Unfortunately, I can't use those books. What would be awesome would be seeing an updated version with just regular D&D stuff, because some DMs don't like to ignore the "must be able to access Thesk region feats". If a LN neutral version could be made as opposed to LG, that'd be even better. Or, I guess a LG with Gray Guard could fit too.

BTW, how does Rogue 2 get a bonus feat at lvl 2?

Human Rogue (Fighter Feat Variant) 2/Fighter 2/Monk (Cobra Strike Variant) 2/Fighter 3-4/Exotic Weapon Master 2/Rogue 3-4/Shou Disciple 2/ Shiba Protector 1/Shou Disciple 3-5/Monk 3-4

HD: 4d6+4d8+12d10+80 (175 hp)
Initiative: +12
Base Attack: +17
Armor Class: 38 (41 against one opponent)
Fortitude: +22 (+18 base)
Reflex: +21 (+13 base)
Will: +21 (+9 Base)
Attack/Damage: +43 +1 (+5 due to oil of greater magic weapon) flaming hand crossbow of speed (1d4+1d6+28, 19-20/x2)
Full Attack: +42/+42/+37/+32/+27 +1 (as above) flaming collision hand crossbow of speed (1d4+1d6+28, 19-20/x2), +42/+37/+32 +1 (as above) flaming collision hand crossbow (1d4+1d6+28, 19-20/x2)
Abilities: Str 12, Dex 26, Con 18, Int 12, Wis 30, Cha 10
Class Abilities of Note: Evasion, Uncanny Dodge, Monk's AC bonus, Improved Unarmed Combat, Close-Quarters Ranged Combat (firing in melee does not provoke AoOs), Twin Exotic Weapon Fighting (reduces penalty for TWF to -1), Martial Flurry (flurry with any melee weapon), No Thought (Wisdom bonus to hit and damage)
Important Equipment:
+1 flaming collision hand crossbow of speed- 98,400 gp
+1 flaming collision hand crossbow- 32,400 gp
20+ oils of greater magic weapon (+5) (the Grammaton Cleric obviously keeps his weapons cleaned, oiled and it top shape)- 60,000+ gp
+5 manual of quickness in action (the Grammaton Cleric is taught to keep himself in shape at the Monastery)- 137,500 gp
+4 manual of bodily health (as above)- 110,000 gp
+4 tome of understanding (the Grammaton Cleric must have insight, both to anticipate the enemy and to root out sense offenders)- 110,000 gp
+6 gloves of dexterity (what else did you think those gloves were for?)- 36,000 gp
+6 periapt of wisdom- 36,000 gp
+8 bracers of armor- 64,000 gp
shadow veil (this is Preston's nifty coat, that happens gives him +2 AC and concealment)- 10,000 gp

Level by Level Feat Breakdown:
Rogue1: Alertness, Point-Blank Shot*, Rapid Reload*
Rogue2: Weapon Focus (hand crossbow)*
Rogue2/Fighter1: Crossbow Sniper, Precise Shot*
Rogue2/Fighter2: Two Weapon Fighting*
Rogue2/Fighter2/Monk1: Dodge*
Rogue2/Fighter2/Monk2: Quick Draw, Mobility*
Rogue2/Fighter3/Monk2:
Rogue2/Fighter4/Monk2: Weapon Specialization (Hand Crossbow)*
Rogue2/Fighter4/Monk2/EWM1: Iron Will
Rogue2/Fighter4/Monk2/EWM2:
Rogue3/Fighter4/Monk2/EWM2:
Rogue4/Fighter4/Monk2/EWM2: Ranged Weapon Mastery (piercing), Weapon Focus (unarmed strike)*
Rogue4/Fighter4/Monk2/EWM2/SD1:
Rogue4/Fighter4/Monk2/EWM2/SD2: Combat Expertise*
Rogue4/Fighter4/Monk2/EWM2/SD2/SP1: Improved Two Weapon Fighting
Rogue4/Fighter4/Monk2/EWM2/SD3/SP1:
Rogue4/Fighter4/Monk2/EWM2/SD4/SP1: Improved Iniative*
Rogue4/Fighter4/Monk2/EWM2/SD5/SP1: Greater Two Weapon Fighting
Rogue4/Fighter4/Monk3/EWM2/SD5/SP1:
Rogue4/Fighter4/Monk4/EWM2/SD5/SP1:

* denotes a bonus feat, EWM stands for Exotic Weapon Master, SD stands for Shou Disciple, SP stands for Shiba Protector

Average Damage:
Single Attack- 34 damage
Full Attack- 272 damage
(Factoring in criticals these become 37.05 and 296.4, respectively)

Non-core Sources: Unearthed Arcana (Fighter Feat Rogue and Cobra Strike Monk variants), Player's Handbook II (Ranged Weapon Mastery, Crossbow Sniper), Complete Warrior (Exotic Weapon Master), Oriental Adventures (Shiba Protector), Unnaproachable East (Shou Disciple), Libris Mortis (shadow veil)

Spicing Things Up: If you can use it, the flaw variant can free up several feats, allowing you to better emulate the gun kata of the movie (I suggest Two-Weapon Defense and the Improved version thereof, Preston can be seen using these in the fight with the officers in the Nethers [the one in which he uses only the butts of is guns]). Again, if you can, I'd suggest two weapons of speed, mostly because this emulates Preston's beastly fast maneuvers (in case you were wondering, the crossbows are flaming to simulate the muzzle flare).
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 01:42:05 AM by kevin_video »
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

When God gives you lemons... it's time to find a new God.

Like D&D Freakouts? Check out this 4th Ed one.

Saxony

• Donkey Kong
  • My avatar is from the anime "Pani Poni Dash!".
Re: Need a 3.5 Conversion For Something Cool from Equalibrium
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2010, 04:44:23 AM »
It's the Grammaton Cleric from Equalibrium, but it's got a combo of Forgotten Realms, and 3.0 mixed in there.

Saucesome.

Can you tell us explicitly which parts from this build are restricted?
If I say something about real world physics, and someone disagrees, assume I am right 90% of the time. This number goes up to 100% if I am late night posting - trust me, my star dust sibs.

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2010, 10:14:20 AM »
It's the Grammaton Cleric from Equalibrium, but it's got a combo of Forgotten Realms, and 3.0 mixed in there.

Saucesome.

Can you tell us explicitly which parts from this build are restricted?
Oriental Adventures (Shiba Protector), Unnaproachable East (Shou Disciple).

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2010, 11:07:40 AM »
BTW, if you haven't seen Equilibrium, here's nine minutes of awesome. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdYSB7z7hok

Part of me is thinking that the stances and stuff he does would best be done with ToB, but unfortunately they aren't exactly meant for ranged weapons.

telehax

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2010, 11:49:25 AM »
There's homebrew for that, if your DM is willing. There's the Black Rain discipline on GitP, plus a few more IIRC.

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2010, 11:52:10 AM »
There's homebrew for that, if your DM is willing. There's the Black Rain discipline on GitP, plus a few more IIRC.
Unless he makes it, homebrew is illegal. Only legal 3.5 stuff is allowed.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2010, 12:55:44 PM »
It says "fighter feat variant".
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2010, 06:44:43 AM »
You know what's funny? No one in my group got that. We all thought "lose sneak attack and gain fighter bonus feats instead of the +1d6 at those levels, and count as a fighter of that level too."

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2010, 10:48:10 AM »
You know what's funny? No one in my group got that. We all thought "lose sneak attack and gain fighter bonus feats instead of the +1d6 at those levels, and count as a fighter of that level too."
That's what I assumed myself, but there's not much evidence for which way it was intended.
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2010, 04:23:18 AM »
Nothing from no one?