Author Topic: Paladin Archer  (Read 2352 times)

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Thread Necromancy a Specialty
Paladin Archer
« on: October 23, 2010, 02:47:26 AM »
Paladins love Multishot.

Human Paladin 5/Triadic Knight 7/X class that advances Smite Evil 8

Feats:
Human: Ranged Smite Evil
1st: Point Blank Shot
Flaw: Power Attack
>Prereqs for Triadic Knight
6th: Rapid Shot
9th: Manyshot
12th: Improved Smiting
15th: Awesome Smiting
18th: Silver Smite

You can, as a standard action that costs 3 Smiting attempts, deal SL*3 extra damage per arrow (ImpSmt and SlvrSmt add either 6d6 to the set or 6d6 to each arrow.)

Of course, adding one spell (Heretic something) brings that up to SL*6 per arrow+3d6/3d6 each.

At level 20, that's on average +501 damage as a conservative estimate, and +564 damage on the nonconservative estimate. Of course, this is with that spell.
I'm just wondering, would it be better to go for elf, and take the Ranged Smite ACF? Also, if I were to add Battle Jump, could I use my standard action (move action to jump on some poor mook) to Manyshot and multiply the damage through Charging Smite, thus raising it to a maximum SL*12 per arrow?
[spoiler]Fighter: "I can kill a guy in one turn."
Cleric: "I can kill a guy in half a turn."
Wizard: "I can kill a guy before my turn."
Bard: "I can get three idiots to kill guys for me."

On a strange note, would anyone be put out if we had a post about people or events we can spare a thought for, or if its within their creed, a prayer for? Just a random thought, but ... hells I wouldn't have known about either Archangels daughter or Saeomons niece if I didn't happen to be on these threads.
Sounds fine to me.
probably over on "Off-topic".
might want to put a little disclaimer in the first post.

This is the Min/Max board. We should be able to figure out a way to optimize the POWER OF PRAYER(TM) that doesn't involve "Pazuzu, Pazuzu, Pazuzu".
[/spoiler]

My final project for my film independent study course. It could do with a watching and critiquing

ninjarabbit

• Hong Kong
    • Email
Re: Paladin Archer
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2010, 08:21:32 AM »
Divine might also works for ranged attacks

Havok4

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • It can only be attributable to human error.
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2010, 12:37:37 PM »
If you can pick up serenity and zen archery the build becomes fairly wisdom SAD. Which might be a good idea.

jameswilliamogle

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2010, 12:56:11 PM »
I don't know where some of these are from; anyone care to enlighten me?

Serenity
Ranged Smite Evil
Silver Smite
Awesome Smiting
Improved Smiting

I like the concept of a ranged smiting paladin, but I'm more of a fan of doing Mounted Archery with it rather than focusing so much on the smiting (simply b/c its easy to get a whole bunch of attacks with ranged combat styles, but you only have a limited number of smites each day).

Arz

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2010, 05:45:39 PM »
I don't know where some of these are from; anyone care to enlighten me?

Serenity
Ranged Smite Evil
Silver Smite
Awesome Smiting
Improved Smiting

I like the concept of a ranged smiting paladin, but I'm more of a fan of doing Mounted Archery with it rather than focusing so much on the smiting (simply b/c its easy to get a whole bunch of attacks with ranged combat styles, but you only have a limited number of smites each day).

Down your list:

Dragon Compendium
BoED
CC
CD

...but with manyshot you apply your smite to all your attacks since its only one roll.

Might wanna dip a cleric level for the elf domain and a cha centric domain ability. Then look at Initiate of Milil to pick up bardsong and start firing a bow of songs for more cha synergy. In any case ordained champion might help in feat access. Oh, and elemental smite because its like acid man.

Optimator

• Bi-Curious George
  • Made Man
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2010, 09:55:08 PM »
Divine might also works for ranged attacks
That's great news for my Cleric Archer.  Totally missed that one!

jameswilliamogle

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2010, 10:11:47 PM »
...but with manyshot you apply your smite to all your attacks since its only one roll.
True, but I prefer not to overly focus on that particular ability.

Thanks for the list!

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Thread Necromancy a Specialty
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2010, 11:19:46 PM »
I just realized that Awesome Smiting needs Power Attack, so add an Aptitude bow, and we should be good.

Is it just me, or does it seem that the Paladin was designed for things like this?
[spoiler]Fighter: "I can kill a guy in one turn."
Cleric: "I can kill a guy in half a turn."
Wizard: "I can kill a guy before my turn."
Bard: "I can get three idiots to kill guys for me."

On a strange note, would anyone be put out if we had a post about people or events we can spare a thought for, or if its within their creed, a prayer for? Just a random thought, but ... hells I wouldn't have known about either Archangels daughter or Saeomons niece if I didn't happen to be on these threads.
Sounds fine to me.
probably over on "Off-topic".
might want to put a little disclaimer in the first post.

This is the Min/Max board. We should be able to figure out a way to optimize the POWER OF PRAYER(TM) that doesn't involve "Pazuzu, Pazuzu, Pazuzu".
[/spoiler]

My final project for my film independent study course. It could do with a watching and critiquing