Author Topic: Which classes have access to their entire Spell list ?  (Read 3705 times)

awaken DM golem

• Organ Grinder
  • PAO'd my Avatar
Which classes have access to their entire Spell list ?
« on: October 21, 2010, 08:16:52 PM »
No psi class does; excepting the use of Psychic Reformation.
Psy Ref can be used on anybody, so it kinda helps almost everyone.

Cleric gets all normal Cleric spells.
Druid gets all normal Druid spells.

Wizards don't get all normal Wizard spells.
Sorcs really don't get all normal Sorc spells.

etc ...
What else?

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
Re: Which classes have access to their entire Spell list ?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2010, 08:19:57 PM »
Warmage, Beguiler, Dread Necromancer. Special mention goes to Rainbow Servant of course, for giving them access to the entire cleric list.
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Maat_Mons

• Hong Kong
  • What is a smile but a grimace of happiness?
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2010, 08:35:40 PM »
Would you count spirit shaman? 

Emy

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2010, 09:22:39 PM »
Warmages, Beguilers, and Dread Necromancers can also get access to the entire Cleric list or the entire Druid list through sovereign archetypes.

If they're dragons. :(

Looks like kobolds win again.

Benly

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2010, 09:26:29 PM »
Sha'irs from Dragon Compendium have the entire sorc/wiz list.

saethone

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2010, 09:40:04 PM »
No psi class does; excepting the use of Psychic Reformation.
Psy Ref can be used on anybody, so it kinda helps almost everyone.

Cleric gets all normal Cleric spells.
Druid gets all normal Druid spells.

Wizards don't get all normal Wizard spells.
Sorcs really don't get all normal Sorc spells.

etc ...
What else?

if you count domain spells as cleric spells you can't really say each one has access to all

Emy

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2010, 10:04:52 PM »
if you count domain spells as cleric spells you can't really say each one has access to all

Clerics have access to all cleric spells. Domain spells are not on the cleric spell list; they're additional spells that a cleric can gain the ability to cast through their class-granted domains. I see where you're coming from, but it's wrong.

juton

• King Kong
  • Jack of all trades, master of nothing.
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2010, 10:42:05 PM »
Factotums get access to all Sorc/Wizard spells 7th level or less. If you include PrCs then I think the Chameleon gets all Cleric spells (as well as the Ur-Priest).

carnivore

• Grape ape
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2010, 11:13:08 PM »
Chameleons get access to All Arcane or Divine up to 6th lvl from any List

:D

Fadier

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2010, 11:27:18 PM »
With shenanigans Chameleons can get any Arcane or Divine spells upto 9th level from any list.
My gift back to the CO community, the The Chameleon Handbook. Humans only.

Benly

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2010, 11:31:49 PM »
Factotums and chameleons use spellbooks, though. From the fact that wizards were mentioned in the OP as not having their whole list, I would assume the OP's question is which classes automatically access their full list rather than classes which can theoretically get every spell if they buy scrolls of all of them.

juton

• King Kong
  • Jack of all trades, master of nothing.
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2010, 12:37:09 AM »
Factotums and chameleons use spellbooks, though. From the fact that wizards were mentioned in the OP as not having their whole list, I would assume the OP's question is which classes automatically access their full list rather than classes which can theoretically get every spell if they buy scrolls of all of them.

Factotums don't use spellbooks, chameleons only need spellbooks for their arcane spells, not their divine.

With shenanigans Chameleons can get any Arcane or Divine spells upto 9th level from any list.

Have a link?

Havok4

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • It can only be attributable to human error.
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2010, 12:40:05 AM »

Factotum's do not use spellbooks, they know all sorcerer wizard spells. And chameleon can access all arcane spells with use of extra spell in their floating feat. The chameleon knows all divine spells.

Emy

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2010, 12:47:43 AM »
Artificers know all the infusions on the Artificer list. Plus, they can make magic items from anyone's list.

PlzBreakMyCampaign

• Hong Kong
  • Immune to Critical Hits as a Fairness Elemental
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2010, 12:57:24 AM »
I already have a thread for this

magic users only
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 12:59:02 AM by PlzBreakMyCampaign »
[Spoiler]
An interesting read, nice to see a civil discussion
The point of Spell Resistance is to make it harder to get buffed.
And healed. Don't forget that.
Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.
[/Spoiler]

Old Geezer's Law of Hobby Taste: The more objectively inconsequential a hobby is, the more disagreements within the community will be expressed in outrageously insulting, overblown, and ludicrously emotionally laden terms.

More Funny than Humble[Spoiler]
Quote from: PlzBreakMyCampaign
Your a shifter... you have all you ever need.
It blows MoMF out of the water

But if your greedy for more [Wish] for something that only effects you, like another class level or two that doesn't count against your ECL.
Quote from: hungryhungryhippo987
Yes, I'm the 3.0 "Masters of the Wild" shifter, the awesome kind. My favorite form to take is Force Dragon. Yes, I am immortal ... My character is hands down the coolest guy in the campaign and there is nothing I could possibly want.
PBMC gets a cookie for DotA r

Benly

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2010, 01:04:02 AM »
Factotum's do not use spellbooks, they know all sorcerer wizard spells. And chameleon can access all arcane spells with use of extra spell in their floating feat. The chameleon knows all divine spells.

You're right about factotums; I have no idea why I brainfarted on that one.

The floating Extra Spell trick is nice but doesn't quite equate to full-list access; the chameleon is still restricted to spells known for arcane spells, even though he has a much more convenient way of expanding spells known than most classes with spells known.

Widow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2010, 03:47:46 AM »
The Eldrich Master PrC from Dragon 280 is similar to the rainbow savant in that it grants access to another spell list.  It grants no spell casting progression, but at level 3 (every 3) it gives you a spell slot one level higher than you can cast and at level 4 (every 4) grants you access to another classes spell list.  Note, it does not add this spells to just one class, it just lets you pick up spells from the list regardless of what classes you are taking.  Also all of these spells are cast as arcane spells, so

Beguiler 16/ Eldrich Master 4: Beguiler spells + one other list.  9th level max.
  Same as above for Warmage and Dreadnecro (and you can still prestige)

Savage Bard 4/1 x/Ur-priest 2/Eldrich master 4/Mystic Theurge 4:  All Cleric + one other list. 9th level max
Note, I think it is funny to double advance Ur-priest with mystic theurge since it is now a divine and arcane spell caster.  If you go this route, you can take another 4 levels of Eldrich master to pick up a 10th level spell slot at level 6 and another spell list at level 8.

An archvist is better, but these builds dont need books, and the first one does not even need to prepare spells.  My favorite though, but not all knowing is:

Bard 4/ Cleric 1/ Eldrich Master 4/ Dweomerkeeper 1/ Sublime Chord 1/ Dweomerkeeper 9

You can cast from the Bard/Sorc/Cleric (thanks to Eldrich Master) from your sublime chord levels.  Plus is is divine metamagic ready (alternative sourced spell), supernatural spells are go, and allows you to pick up Miracle as one of your 9th level spells to copy just about everything you might be missing.

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2010, 08:34:12 AM »
Double advancing doesn't really fly.  The wording on Mystic Theurge isn't permissive enough.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2010, 10:02:31 AM »
Would you count spirit shaman? 
I'd say yeah.  It's just an odd combination of spontaneous and prepared casting, and you draw from the entire list.
My balancing 3.5 compendium
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
Quote from: Cafiend
It is a shame stupidity isn't painful.
Quote from: StormKnight
Totally true.  Historians believe that most past civilizations would have endured for centuries longer if they had successfully determined Batman's alignment.
Quote from: Grand Theft Otto
Why are so many posts on the board the equivalent of " Dear Dr. Crotch, I keep punching myself in the crotch, and my groin hurts... what should I do? How can I make my groin stop hurting?"
Quote from: CryoSilver
I suggest carving "Don't be a dick" into him with a knife.  A dull, rusty knife.  A dull, rusty, bent, flaming knife.
Quote from: Seerow
Fluffy: It's over Steve! I've got the high ground!
Steve: You underestimate my power!
Fluffy: Don't try it, Steve!
Steve: *charges*
Fluffy: *three critical strikes*
Steve: ****
Quote from: claypigeons
I don't even stat out commoners. Commoner = corpse that just isn't a zombie. Yet.
Quote from: CryoSilver
When I think "Old Testament Boots of Peace" I think of a paladin curb-stomping an orc and screaming "Your death brings peace to this land!"
Quote from: Orville_Oaksong
Buy a small country. Or Pelor. Both are good investments.
[/spoiler]

awaken DM golem

• Organ Grinder
  • PAO'd my Avatar
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2010, 06:09:01 PM »
Oh, sorry PLZ ... crossposting does help la memory tactics though.

So ... so long as one or more of these classes are around,
you have access to all those spells in one way or another.

Then you throw in Psychic Reformation,
combined with a method for keeping all those spells available somehow.
Wizard's spellbook is the obvious example.
Erudite's Repertoire is similar.