Author Topic: Req: Anyone have an archived copy of that 'how to make Mjolnir' post?  (Read 3761 times)

Gavinfoxx

• King Kong
  • *Forkbark* Wauwau!
    • Email
I remember someone on the wotc forums combining Weapon of Legacy, Item Familiar, and a ton of other cool stuff to make a really awesome Goliath Greathammer.

This was before, uh, Mjolnir meant that armor in Halo to everyone on the internet, and when it meant that "Really awesome hammer".

Sadly, I am having LOTS of trouble finding a link to the archived post on wotc boards, so I can go to the Internet Archive and find it.  Can someone help me find this thread, please? Or the URL or a copy of what it says or something? That would be sooo awesome, thanks!
BG's other resident furry!

Uriel_Ventris

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
Re: Req: Anyone have an archived copy of that 'how to make Mjolnir' post?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2010, 05:51:45 PM »
Using the old "Handy Links" page turned up this:

http://community (.) wizards.com/forumhandler?t=456794

I don't know if that will help or not...

Gavinfoxx

• King Kong
  • *Forkbark* Wauwau!
    • Email
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 06:11:32 PM by Gavinfoxx »

Uriel_Ventris

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2010, 08:16:48 PM »
Haha!

Nice to be of help. :D

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
  • Developing a relaxed attitude to danger.
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2010, 11:28:47 PM »
And of course Aelryinth decides to claim that none of this would stack for some ungodly reason.

That said, it is a nice hammer, as long as you stay out of an AMF.

Gavinfoxx

• King Kong
  • *Forkbark* Wauwau!
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2010, 11:35:42 PM »
And of course Aelryinth decides to claim that none of this would stack for some ungodly reason.

Do you have some history with Ael somehow? And one of the sage's did say in some FAQ somewhere that these sorts of things weren't intended to stack...

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
  • Developing a relaxed attitude to danger.
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2010, 11:45:12 PM »

Do you have some history with Ael somehow? And one of the sage's did say in some FAQ somewhere that these sorts of things weren't intended to stack...
No, it's just that from what I've seen, he doesn't strike me as the type of person I'd want as a DM. As far as Sage rulings go, a) those are often very silly and contradict other sources and b) those aren't published errata, so they do stack, silly as it might seem. It might be understandable to houserule them if you don't want something like this to happen, but to take Aelryinth's stance and just laugh at someone who blew all that effort on the weapon instead of either allowing it due to the work put into the build or letting someone know ahead of time that this wouldn't work, well...that just seems to be vindictive and not the kind of behavior I'd want from a DM.

Toptomcat

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2010, 01:24:05 AM »
Hmmm. Anyone want to try further optimizing this? It looks like a fun concept to play with. A Fiend of Possession cohort possessing the weapon could get you another +6 worth in enhancements, to begin with. A Tooth of Leraje or other source of high-CL Greater Magic Weapon would open up an additional +4 in abilities.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 01:44:53 AM by Toptomcat »

Grimm

• Noob
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2010, 02:43:41 PM »
Any other source of this material?
The link doesnt appear to work anymore.

Gavinfoxx

• King Kong
  • *Forkbark* Wauwau!
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2010, 04:06:14 PM »
Any other source of this material?
The link doesnt appear to work anymore.

My web.archive link still works fine, check on your end again.

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2010, 05:02:06 AM »
Best to make a repost here before it goes out for good.
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

Vicerious

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
  • Foolish Mortal
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2010, 11:16:57 AM »
Here's the main post:

Warlord Griffin
07-01-05, 10:48 AM
I wanted to make a good character with a VERY powerful weapon, and weapons of legacy gave me an idea that was too good to not try, so here is my attempt at one heck of a powerful weapon and optimizing weapons in general, critiques are very much appreciated.

Goliath Mineral Warrior: Half-Silver Dragon 3/ Paladin 3/ Fighter 2/ Kensai 1/ Champion of Legacy 9

Significant Feats:
Item Familiar: (God's Finger (goliath greathammer))
Ancestral Relic: (God's Finger (goliath greathammer))

Significant Item:
Legacy Weapon: (God's Finger (goliath greathammer))

Plot Requirements: God's Finger was discovered in its tomb that works as a 5th level encounter as suggested by weapons of legacy by the character's father a great chief among the goliath tribes who followed the path of a cleric and later gained a deeper understanding with the stuff of the mountain to such a degree that he became part of them (hence why the character has the mineral warrior template). He also gained the love of a female silver dragon for a time which produced this character, hence why he later discovers his draconic heritage. His father was buried with this warhammer in a side of the mountain which is where my character will find it again and be droped into the adventure seed necessary to gain the weapon.

Oh the fun that can be had, with a weapon so grand as this, the item familiar feat takes care of the experience penalties from being a Kensai and enhances your base weapon so the final weapon that this produces will be as follows

From Item Familiar Feat
Intelligent Item
Detect Magic at will
Detect Thoughts at will
Shout 15d6 damage 3/day
Item Purpose: The complete and utter destruction of evil in all its forms.

From Ancestral Relic Feat: 379,500 out of 380,000 gold used
Rusting Grasp 1/day
wearer and gear immune to normal and magical rust
on attack opponent reduced to smoldering cinders on successful fort save vs DC 20 only 10d6 damage 3/day
transmuted Bloodcrier into aurorum
+6 enchantment bonus to charisma
+3 sacred bonus to AC
+3 sacred bonus to all saving throws
able to capture 10 levels of single target or ray spells directed at wielder and as a standard action redirect them, it cannot partially capture spells
Scry on command (send and recieve silent messages with the viewed person) Suggestion (DC 14) 1/day
Non-good users gain 4 persistentent negative levels

From Kensai Levels
sure striking, burning, superior dispeling, lucky, metaline, impact

From being a weapon of legacy
+5 weapon
Pathbreaker (Su): Once per day when God's Finger is struck against a lock, lid, door, valve, portal, normal bars, shackles, chains, bolts, and so on, a mournful tone rings forth. The struck item opens 1 round later. God's Finger also automatically dispels a hold portal spell or even an arcane lock with a caster level lower than 15th. Each strike opens only one form of locking, so if a chest is chained, padlocked, locked, and arcane locked, it takes four strikes to open it. A silence spell negates this power.
Bully Bashing (Su): 2/day upon command upon hitting an opponent it delivers a touch of idiocy spell to the opponent, the delivery is decided before the attack and if it missess the attack is wasted.
Damned Guardians (Su): Any soul who has an overwhelming aura of evil that has been detected by the character's detect evil ability is bound to the weapon as an unseen servant with 6 hit points, if it looses these hit points are strays more than 35 feet from the caster it disipates and reforms directly next to the caster.
The Earth Provides (Su): You need not eat or drink while underground or in any place with the earth-dominant elemental trait.
Deny Earth's Embrace (Su): You need no longer fear the unforgiving crush of the earth after a fall. This ability acts exactly like a feather fall spell, and it is activated immediately if you fall more than 5 feet. Caster level 5th.
Stony Resistance (Su): You gain a +2 resistance bonus on all saving throws.
Meld into Stone (Sp): As a swift action once per day, you can use meld into stone as the spell. Caster level 10th.
Continual Wind (Su): their is always a small wind blowing your hair and clothing about around you and on command it can blow back creatures as a gust of wind spell, the DC is 12+ cha modifier
Blur (Su): as the spell always
Terra Obscura (Su): While you remain in contact with solid earth or stone, God's Finger cannot be detected remotely through scrying, remote viewing, or other means of divination, as if continually affected by the obscure object spell. Caster level 15th.
Wall of Stone (Sp): Two times per day by holding God's Finger forth and speaking a command word, you can use wall of stone as the spell. Caster level 15th.
Mind Blank (Su): as the spell rendering you immune to all forms of mind reading and mental manipulation

So the final item is summed up as the following:
Intelligent Item (Int 10 Wis 12 Cha 10)
Detect Magic at will
Detect Thoughts at will
Shout 15d6 damage 3/day
+5 sure striking, burning, superior dispeling, lucky, metaline, impact
Rusting Grasp 1/day
wearer and gear immune to normal and magical rust
on attack opponent reduced to smoldering cinders on successful fort save vs DC 20 only 10d6 damage instead 3/day
transmuted God's Finger from basic metals into pure aurorum
+6 enchantment bonus to charisma
+3 sacred bonus to AC
+3 sacred bonus to all saving throws
able to capture 10 levels of single target or ray spells directed at wielder and as a standard action redirect them, it cannot partially capture spells
Scry on command (send and recieve silent messages with the viewed person) Suggestion (DC 14) 1/day
Pathbreaker (Su): Once per day when God's Finger is struck against a lock, lid, door, valve, portal, normal bars, shackles, chains, bolts, and so on, a mournful tone rings forth. The struck item opens 1 round later. God's Finger also automatically dispels a hold portal spell or even an arcane lock with a caster level lower than 15th. Each strike opens only one form of locking, so if a chest is chained, padlocked, locked, and arcane locked, it takes four strikes to open it. A silence spell negates this power.
Bully Bashing (Su): 2/day upon command upon hitting an opponent it delivers a touch of idiocy spell to the opponent, the delivery is decided before the attack and if it missess the attack is wasted.
Damned Guardians (Su): Any soul who has an overwhelming aura of evil that has been detected by the character's detect evil ability is bound to the weapon as an unseen servant with 6 hit points, if it looses these hit points are strays more than 35 feet from the caster it disipates and reforms directly next to the caster.
The Earth Provides (Su): You need not eat or drink while underground or in any place with the earth-dominant elemental trait.
Deny Earth's Embrace (Su): You need no longer fear the unforgiving crush of the earth after a fall. This ability acts exactly like a feather fall spell, and it is activated immediately if you fall more than 5 feet. Caster level 5th.
Stony Resistance (Su): You gain a +2 resistance bonus on all saving throws.
Meld into Stone (Sp): As a swift action once per day, you can use meld into stone as the spell. Caster level 10th.
Continual Wind (Su): their is always a small wind blowing your hair and clothing about around you and on command it can blow back creatures as a gust of wind spell, the DC is 12+ cha modifier
Blur (Su): as the spell always
Terra Obscura (Su): While you remain in contact with solid earth or stone, God's Finger cannot be detected remotely through scrying, remote viewing, or other means of divination, as if continually affected by the obscure object spell. Caster level 15th.
Wall of Stone (Sp): Two times per day by holding God's Finger forth and speaking a command word, you can use wall of stone as the spell. Caster level 15th.
Mind Blank (Su): as the spell rendering you immune to all forms of mind reading and mental manipulation
Item Purpose: The complete and utter destruction of evil in all its forms.
Non-good users gain 4 persistentent negative levels

If there is anything I have messed up on please critique and correct me but frankly if this all works, holy :censored: I have created a monster.

Total Cost of a weapon fit for a Diety: 437,624 gold pieces and 7,800 xp from both kensai levels and the legacy item (all of the xp cost is covered by the item familiar feat) in your face buying restrictions

If you want full stats this character would also buy as follows:
belt of giant strength +6 (36,000)
cloak of charisma +6 (36,000)
amulet of health +6 (36,000)
manual of gainful exercise +5 (137500)
bracers of armor +8 (64,000)
vest of resistence +3 (9000)
ring of speed (works as boots of speed except is a ring) (12,000)
876 gold leftover

Edit: due to actual sense being knocked into me changed shock to lucky for weapon abilities from kensai levels and made bloodcrier from a warhammer into a goliath greathammer

Edit: decided to add other items this character would buy

Edit: I actually got my hands on weapons of legacy so I decided to customize the weapon using bloodcrier as a model, said weapon can be found here.
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20050701a&page=2

Major Edit: I changed the +2 strength into bully bashing and unseen servants

Edit: changed keen to impact because of obvious rules goof on my part

Note: If you cannot guess which finger of God this hammer is you have not looked hard enough at what it can do :D .

And here's the rest of the thread:
[spoiler]
Warlord Griffin
07-03-05, 10:13 AM
I am trying to optimize this weapon people please a little help never hurt anyone come on someone has to have something to say about this monster. :weep:
DavidWL
07-03-05, 11:08 AM
Hmm.

It's a cool idea.

Some thoughts:

1) How does "Ancestral Relic" help? Why can't you just spend money to get/enchant an item.
2) For special abilities you list: sure striking, burning, superior dispeling, shock, metaline, keen. However, I'm not convinced that Burning, Shock, or Keen are very important. They add a little to damage, but you could do better. Wrathful Healing? I don't know, but something a little bit more useful/interesting than just adding a little damage. Somewhere I know there is something that lets the item turn into something innocent (token?).

David

EDIT: I just read your response about "Ancestral Relic", and now see the light! :-)
Warlord Griffin
07-03-05, 12:47 PM
In response

1. Ancestral Relic gives your item a value of 380000 gold pieces. If you use the rules where the item you can buy has a max value of 1/4 of your total gold than at level 20 you can own an item with a max value of 190000 gold pieces.

2. I agree shock is not that important, keen maybe also, but burning give you the bonus damage and the bonus to initiative and the potential to light your enemy on fire :D
Gruffmug
07-03-05, 08:05 PM
well, the spefic weapon enhancement +3 many fanged allows your weapon to do *4 damage every strike. Great fot power attack weapons! It is in serpent kingdoms of fearun.

Gruffmug
blooddemon
07-03-05, 08:58 PM
only thing is you are completely and utterly screwed in an AMF... who isn't in that case?

Mordie's DJ is really annoying when they do get the 1 on their roll. (has happened to a kensai in my party)
Effling
07-05-05, 01:02 PM
Holy crap that Manyfanged weapon is powerful, even if we can't put it on any weapon we want. I mean, what were they thinking? That's like a critical hit every time there! Give two of these puppies to a two-weapon fighter with, say, just a +20 from strength, power attack and so on, and you're doing 4d4+80 damage per hit, without any other stuff. Crazy.
Warlord Griffin
07-05-05, 04:49 PM
Manyfanged is a potent ability, but to quote blooddemon I would be "completely and utterly screwed in an AMF" also, the bane of all tanks are magic users, most particularly clerics who with the right buffs can usually go toe to toe with the straight brawlers at higher levels. with superior dispeling all their little buffs go down the tubes on the first hit, and well after that the hits just keep on coming. :evillaugh
Warlord Griffin
07-22-05, 10:21 AM
I decided to add in champion of legacy, I loose a bit of kensai but it grants bonuses to my weapon of legacy and that in the long run is better.
AviLazar
07-22-05, 12:38 PM
I didn't see it, but since its purpose is to destroy evil in all its forms, how about the 1st level paladin spell Bless Weapon. This will make all crits confirmed automatically vs evil enemies.

This weapon is surely epic and beyond. It is insane and i think i would forget half of the weapons abilities when I used it.

Give the weapon wrathful healing.

Give the weapon the ability Wounding.

As for the weapons special purpose - well that is a double edged sword. If I was the DM i would interpret it just as you wrote it...don't plan on using diplomacy when you are around someone who is evil - the weapon will just decide to attack (it's ego has to be INSANE). If you capture someone evil and want to interrogate him - yea thats cute, the weapon will want to kill him no questions asked. This weapon may be more of a bane then a boon (think the Ring of Power from LoTR, yea it's got a lot of cool abilities, but it is single-minded).

EDIT: Enlarge person will not worth with your goliath since he is no longer a humanoid (i believe).

EDIT2: The shown value of the cost of this weapon is way too cheap. What is the total cost if you add ancestral relic, kensai abilities, weapon of legend abilities, and anything else you had...this thing should not cost less then 1 million - and yes it does belong to a god. Cause i don't know a god that wouldn't go after it.
Warlord Griffin
07-22-05, 02:17 PM
First let me say thanks for the praise, second yes, if you bought this weapon by normal means it would cost well over one million, but that cost is the gold piece worth of the ancestral relic feat 379,500, the item itself's cost 2,424, and the cost of the legacy rituals 45,200. I do not add in the cost of the kensai abilities because they cost experience which is taken care of by the 10% xp bonus given from the item familiar feat. :clap: . wrathful healing is an idea, but it depends on what party this character is in, if it has a fairly efficent healer in its midst then what I have is better because sure striking, and metaline allow me to bypass ANY damage reduction keen gives me some slight hope of a critical :smirk: and lucky is always fun, burning allows me to light things on fire and gives me a boost to initiative, superior dispelling allows me to send those buffed up clerics packing and at least try to keep the mages in check, if the party does not have an efficient healer than yes burning and sure striking should go to make room for wrathful healing but wounding only does 1 point of con damage and therefore is not as worth it because frankly look at his strength, look at his weapon, the bad guy is not going to last long against it.

Yes the whole enlarge person not working is a drag but until I actually get weapons of legacy I cannot know what I can really make, this is still a work in progress people.

Finally, yes the special purpose is a pain in the neck but that is, at least for most DM's a necessary flaw, I mean even if your DM allows Unearthed Arcana for the Item Familiar feat, he may have a problem with all this stuff in one weapon, at such a price even with the drawbacks therefore I had to make the thing unpredictable, if nothing else it will be funny when your character and company are at a pub and the bar wench makes a lude comment and your hammer takes over yelling (MUST SMITE). Yes I know how that sounds and no you do not get to make a comment about it being normal :rofl:.
lostone
07-24-05, 03:47 PM
How/what are you using to transmute the hammer into aurorum?

Very nice weapon, I'd buy that for a $1. :D
Warlord Griffin
07-25-05, 09:39 AM
Ancestral Relic feat allows any item abilities or properties to be applied to a weapon, which, I am assuming includes transmuting the matter in question, if I am wrong feel free to point it out
lostone
07-25-05, 09:49 AM
I'm not sure, 'tis why I asked. :)
Warlord Griffin
07-26-05, 10:07 AM
UPDATE
I have rewritten my weapon's description on account of actually getting my hands on weapons of legacy and I know now that my idea is even better than previously believed because the rituals cost xp as well as gold to pull off, something they forgot to mention in the excerpts :mad: .
Arkat
07-31-05, 08:46 AM
well, the spefic weapon enhancement +3 many fanged allows your weapon to do *4 damage every strike. Great fot power attack weapons! It is in serpent kingdoms of fearun.

Gruffmug

So "Manyfanged" is a +3 bonus? Where? It certainly isn't in Serpent Kingdoms.

There's a +1 bonus called "Viper" and the there's also a Specific Weapon called "Manyfang Dagger" that requires the major creation spell to create and costs 32,302 GP.

There's no +3 bonus of any kind in Serpent Kingdoms much less one called "Manyfanged."
Previn
08-01-05, 10:50 AM
Just out of curiosity, you did see pg.181 right? For a weapon to qualify to as weapon of legacy, it can't have an effective enhancement bonus greater than +1 (nor a market price above 4,000 gp for other items). I assume that you are waiting until after you awaken the weapon's legacy before doing anything else?
Warlord Griffin
08-01-05, 11:09 AM
Yes
Shandrakor
08-01-05, 12:15 PM
So "Manyfanged" is a +3 bonus? Where? It certainly isn't in Serpent Kingdoms.

There's a +1 bonus called "Viper" and the there's also a Specific Weapon called "Manyfang Dagger" that requires the major creation spell to create and costs 32,302 GP.

There's no +3 bonus of any kind in Serpent Kingdoms much less one called "Manyfanged."

True, however, if you do the math, you'll find Manyfanged is priced as a +3 enhancement. If you or your DM doesn't like that, find yourself a friendly serpent to make you a Manyfanged X.
Wellby the Fountain
08-01-05, 01:35 PM
maybe i read it wrong, but it sounded like you were building a hammer... a KEEN hammer..... :confused: :confused:
lostone
08-01-05, 02:01 PM
maybe i read it wrong, but it sounded like you were building a hammer... a KEEN hammer..... :confused: :confused:I hadn't noticed that was included in the first post. :D Keen can't be put on a hammer (only slashing or piercing weapons). However there is a weapon ability somewhere (Magic of Faerun maybe) called Impact which does the same thing for blunt weapons.
Xaktsaroth
08-01-05, 02:14 PM
maybe i read it wrong, but it sounded like you were building a hammer... a KEEN hammer..... :confused: :confused:

Aye, I noticed that too, need to switch it to impact(keen for blunt weapons).

It's only a +1 bonus(if I remember correctly) so your math shouldn't change.

Edit: Doh, beaten to the punch. :P
Arkat
08-01-05, 08:36 PM
True, however, if you do the math, you'll find Manyfanged is priced as a +3 enhancement. If you or your DM doesn't like that, find yourself a friendly serpent to make you a Manyfanged X.

I have a feeling if it were on a Greatsword, it would be worth a whole heck of a lot more than a +3 bonus!
Previn
08-01-05, 09:12 PM
I have a feeling if it were on a Greatsword, it would be worth a whole heck of a lot more than a +3 bonus!

I doubt it. In the long run, weapon damage alone is a pretty meager part of melee damage.
Arkat
08-01-05, 10:04 PM
I doubt it. In the long run, weapon damage alone is a pretty meager part of melee damage.

So you don't see much of a difference between a 4d4 attack (Manyfang Dagger) and an 8d6 attack (hypothetical Manyfang Greatsword)???

Hmmm...I'm sorry but I can't agree with you.

Oh, on a sidenote...shouldn't this so-called +3 weapon ability called "Manyfanged" only be able to be put on a Piercing weapon???
aelryinth
08-01-05, 11:33 PM
I personally don't think you'd be able to apply any of the Kensai, Item Familiar, or Ancestral Relic abilities to the weapon.

All of these feats and abilities are predicated on getting a weapon worth a certain amount of gold value. If you acheive that gold value by other means...then your feats/abilities don't stack, they overlap.

Ergo, I'd take one look at this attempt to build a pan-Epic weapon and laugh, shake my head, and wonder why you blew all those class levels and feats on the thing when they don't accumulate.

But, that's my house rule...I'd have to read Item Familiar very carefully.

Ancestral Relic is specifically designed to give a fighter a magic weapon that someone else does not have to enchant. Kensai awakens his sword the same way...both are derived from the OA Ancestral Weapon ability of the core Samurai there. Neither would stack.

==Aelryinth
Kingrames
08-01-05, 11:53 PM
why does it suddenly change its name halfway down?

it becomes bloodcrier's hammer. did you copy/paste, or was that just a typing error?
catharz
08-02-05, 12:00 AM
Ergo, I'd take one look at this attempt to build a pan-Epic weapon and laugh, shake my head, and wonder why you blew all those class levels and feats on the thing when they don't accumulate.

But, that's my house rule...

I always find it refreshing to see a DM who is perfectly willing to make a PC suck through house-ruling.
lostone
08-02-05, 09:12 AM
why does it suddenly change its name halfway down?

it becomes bloodcrier's hammer. did you copy/paste, or was that just a typing error?IIRC the Bloodcrier's Hammer is the base hammer being used in this weapon build. It's effectively a Great Hammer used by GOliaths.
Warlord Griffin
08-02-05, 09:56 AM
Yes the bloodcrier was the base weapon I used but after I actually got my hands on the weapons of legacy book and tweeked the weapon a bit it became a case of copy, paste, and forget problems.
Gavinfoxx
08-02-05, 12:58 PM
From Kensai Levels
sure striking, burning, superior dispeling, lucky, metaline, keen

Are you sure thise enhancements are the best? I would do ones that let you hit things and do damage no matter what...
why not add ghost touch and morphing? Can't keen not be on a HAMMER? I dont know what some of the other of these do, could anyone tell me, and give opinions on other options for this part of the weapon?
Warlord Griffin
08-02-05, 01:46 PM
In Response,

ghost touch only lets you hit incoporial and those guys are not as difficult to deal with as the one that usually have damage reduction good or lawful or some type of metal, especially if you have a halfway decent cleric of mage in the party. Yes keen cannot be on a hammer as other have pointed out I just now got around to fixing it. Other ones that have been suggested are wrathful healing and manyfanged. Manyfanged is too complicated and wrathful healing can be done by a halfway decent party healer, if they are not that good at healing sub out some of the damage reduction bypassers for wrathful healing but otherwise i prefer the dispeling and burning qualities you cannot beat initiative bonus, magical dispeling on command, and the ability to set enemies on fire.
PonTelon
11-29-05, 12:48 PM
As this is the only Weapons of Legacy Optimization I have seen, I'd hate to see it die in the board sweep.
Prominence
11-29-05, 12:55 PM
Find a way to add in Sudden Stun, from DMG2. It's definitely worth it.
lostone
11-29-05, 01:23 PM
Weapons of Legacy was basically ignored by this board. Is it that hard to break or that unimpressive? Not enough crunch?
jedrious
11-29-05, 01:37 PM
yes but putting it on a 2 handed weapon now opens it for power attak which is increased on a multiplier
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 11:31:52 AM by Vicerious »
"A witty saying proves nothing." --Voltaire

saethone

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2010, 11:24:22 PM »
seems like it'd be a really fun build if you could get around the whole AMF problem

PlzBreakMyCampaign

• Hong Kong
  • Immune to Critical Hits as a Fairness Elemental
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2010, 01:08:57 AM »
I understand the confusion. The new recipe is Hyperstone, Maelstrom (Mithril Hammer+Gloves of Haste+recipee), recipe (400)

;)
[Spoiler]
An interesting read, nice to see a civil discussion
The point of Spell Resistance is to make it harder to get buffed.
And healed. Don't forget that.
Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.
[/Spoiler]

Old Geezer's Law of Hobby Taste: The more objectively inconsequential a hobby is, the more disagreements within the community will be expressed in outrageously insulting, overblown, and ludicrously emotionally laden terms.

More Funny than Humble[Spoiler]
Quote from: PlzBreakMyCampaign
Your a shifter... you have all you ever need.
It blows MoMF out of the water

But if your greedy for more [Wish] for something that only effects you, like another class level or two that doesn't count against your ECL.
Quote from: hungryhungryhippo987
Yes, I'm the 3.0 "Masters of the Wild" shifter, the awesome kind. My favorite form to take is Force Dragon. Yes, I am immortal ... My character is hands down the coolest guy in the campaign and there is nothing I could possibly want.
PBMC gets a cookie for DotA r

Gavinfoxx

• King Kong
  • *Forkbark* Wauwau!
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2010, 01:16:38 AM »
I understand the confusion. The new recipe is Hyperstone, Maelstrom (Mithril Hammer+Gloves of Haste+recipee), recipe (400)

;)

*Wild guess* WoW reference? or a different MMO?

BrokeAndDrive

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
  • Why are there no ghosts of dinosaurs?
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2010, 02:31:48 AM »
How to make Mjolnir baby, how to crush them all
How to make Mjolnir baby, how to crush them all
Go go Munchkin, go go yeah, yeah, yeah
Go go Munchkin, go go yeah, yeah, yeah

:P
Random quotes:[spoiler]I think Roy's coinages are shitty and dumb, but Failroy has to take the cake for the dumbest new compound word of the year
~

That was kind of the point. I was trying to be a Roy parody, but I guess it didn't come across overly well.

==

JaronK is of course most famous for his massive thought experiments into placing classes into tiers. While a kind of nifty idea, and a decent enough way to think about stuff, his particular tier assignments were basically insane. Apparently the criteria he used was to assign classes relative strength based on what bullshit he personally would let them get away with at 20th level.

So Factotums were rated very highly, because apparently he would let them use Rokugan-exclusive skills with Forgotten Realms-exclusive weapons from the back of MM2 templated warbeasts. But Rogues suck donkey dick, becuase he wouldn't let them use Use Magic Device to read scrolls of Planar Binding. It was a very surreal argument.
~

And to think the system was immortalized in OOTS. As a general rule, I try to avoid all tier discussion there because it's the De Facto system at BG, and I'm not going to change anyone's mind.

Besides, I think if most people are pressed, they will admit that it's just an estimate, anyway, and that results can vary from table to table.
~

My only real complaint with the tier system is that at one point I was tired (tiered?) of hearing about it.[/spoiler]