Author Topic: How to destroy the world?  (Read 12726 times)

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
Re: How to destroy the world?
« Reply #60 on: October 19, 2010, 06:54:06 PM »
Too bad errata killed Chuck.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
  • Developing a relaxed attitude to danger.
« Reply #61 on: October 19, 2010, 09:36:17 PM »
There has to be a speed record that comes vaguely close. Or within a fraction of a percent.

Havok4

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • It can only be attributable to human error.
« Reply #62 on: October 20, 2010, 12:40:59 AM »
There has to be a speed record that comes vaguely close. Or within a fraction of a percent.

When you can get the character moving faster than the speed of light anything else just pales in comparison.

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #63 on: October 20, 2010, 12:46:06 AM »

When you can get the character moving faster than the speed of light anything else just pales in comparison.
A fraction of a percent of a superluminal speed is still nothing to sneeze at.

SolEiji

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
  • Summon the Meteor Pony!
    • D&D Wiki.Org
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: October 20, 2010, 07:33:11 AM »
I hadn't heard, what errata killed Chuck?
Got homebrew?  I keep all my 3.5 homebrew on the D&D Wiki.org!
Current Count: 1333 pages by me and climbing!

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #65 on: October 20, 2010, 11:26:55 AM »
I hadn't heard, what errata killed Chuck?
They added the word "discharge" to the spell Footsteps of the Divine.

Havok4

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • It can only be attributable to human error.
« Reply #66 on: October 20, 2010, 11:33:16 AM »

A fraction of a percent of a superluminal speed is still nothing to sneeze at.
True, but I cannot think of any  builds that even approach that fraction, most other speed builds are only about as fast as  a racecar or around that area.

Gavinfoxx

• King Kong
  • *Forkbark* Wauwau!
    • Email
« Reply #67 on: October 20, 2010, 07:44:22 PM »
How much damage would shoving a portable hole into a portable hole do? I vaguely remember a former DM of mine describing the resulting cataclysmic explosion. He might have been over exaggerating though.
Portable hole into portable hole?  By strict RAW, none at all.
You will, however, be inside someone's A-Hole.
It's the best place to be!

Oh god... Lycanthro is our resident gay furry isn't he? So when he says this he could mean... *Winces*
BG's other resident furry!

Lycanthromancer

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #68 on: October 20, 2010, 08:31:36 PM »
How much damage would shoving a portable hole into a portable hole do? I vaguely remember a former DM of mine describing the resulting cataclysmic explosion. He might have been over exaggerating though.

Oh god... Lycanthro is our resident gay furry isn't he? So when he says this he could mean... *Winces*
Keep up, will you? Everyone else already knows this by now. :P

Also, what about a monk/kensai that gets throwing and distance on his body, then gets an arbitrarily high number of attacks somehow? (Re: Speed Boosts)
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 09:39:30 PM by Lycanthromancer »
[spoiler]Masculine men like masculine things. Masculine men are masculine. Therefore, liking masculine men is masculine.

I dare anyone to find a hole in that logic.
[spoiler]
+1 Lycanthromancer
Which book is Lycanthromancer in?
Lyca ... is in the book. Yes he is.
 :D
shit.. concerning psionics optimization, lycan IS the book
[/spoiler]

Bauglir

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • TriOptimum
« Reply #69 on: October 21, 2010, 12:17:23 AM »

Also, what about a monk/kensai that gets throwing and distance on his body, then gets an arbitrarily high number of attacks somehow? (Re: Speed Boosts)

Strictly speaking, his body parts fly off and slap his opponents in the face, only to return to him. Or, if they're not returning, they just flop there and he no longer has an Unarmed Strike until he moves to that spot to pick them up. Interestingly, since any part of the Monk's body can be used to make an attack, this means he no longer has any parts of his body, but he still has all his other statistics (other than his unarmed strike). Again, just strictly speaking from the rules.
So you end up stuck in an endless loop, unable to act, forever.

In retrospect, much like Keanu Reeves.

snakeman830

• Organ Grinder
  • BG's resident furry min/maxxer
« Reply #70 on: October 21, 2010, 12:29:28 AM »
And I'm the resident straight furry :p

Awakened Shark Skeleton Kensai, enhancing the Bite with Throwing and using whatever methods possible to get more Bite attacks (haste and Rapid Shot should work to make it 3/round).  Since the jaws are the only bones in a shark's body, the whole skeleton would fly with each attack.
I am constantly amazed by how many DM's ban Tomb of Battle.  The book doesn't even exist!

Quotes:[spoiler]
By yes, she means no.
That explains so much about my life.
hiicantcomeupwithacharacterthatisntaghostwhyisthatamijustretardedorsomething
Why would you even do this? It hurts my eyes and looks like you ate your keyboard before suffering an attack of explosive diarrhea.
[/spoiler]

If using Genesis to hide your phylactry, set it at -300 degrees farenheit.  See how do-gooders fare with a liquid atmosphere.

Bauglir

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • TriOptimum
« Reply #71 on: October 21, 2010, 12:58:00 AM »

Awakened Shark Skeleton Kensai, enhancing the Bite with Throwing and using whatever methods possible to get more Bite attacks (haste and Rapid Shot should work to make it 3/round).  Since the jaws are the only bones in a shark's body, the whole skeleton would fly with each attack.

They're just as much cartilage as anything else, I assure you, and they have a cartilage vertebral column, so that's not, strictly speaking, true. Still, see above discussion of the Monk, only in this case the shark will merely no longer have any bones left.

Lycanthromancer

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #72 on: October 21, 2010, 09:08:50 PM »

Strictly speaking, his body parts fly off and slap his opponents in the face, only to return to him. Or, if they're not returning, they just flop there and he no longer has an Unarmed Strike until he moves to that spot to pick them up. Interestingly, since any part of the Monk's body can be used to make an attack, this means he no longer has any parts of his body, but he still has all his other statistics (other than his unarmed strike). Again, just strictly speaking from the rules.
The entire body of the monk is a weapon. So enhance the entire body. If the part you enhance breaks off, then in this case the entire body and all of its parts should break off of...well, whatever it's attached to at the time.
[spoiler]Masculine men like masculine things. Masculine men are masculine. Therefore, liking masculine men is masculine.

[spoiler]
+1 Lycanthromancer
[/spoiler]

snakeman830

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #73 on: October 21, 2010, 09:21:19 PM »

They're just as much cartilage as anything else, I assure you, and they have a cartilage vertebral column, so that's not, strictly speaking, true. Still, see above discussion of the Monk, only in this case the shark will merely no longer have any bones left.
You are correct on it being cartilage, but I have to disagree with you on the idea that a skeletons would contain anything but the jaws.  I have dissected a shark before, so I know the anatomy.  The jaws are different in that, while cartilage, the entire thing is heavily covered in calsium salt crystals similar to bone in makeup (up to five layers think in Great Whites).  As such, when the skeleton is animated, this is the only part that would remain as it is not soft tissue (teeth are attached to the jaw).  A Shark Skeleton would indeed be a swimming pair of jaws and nothing else.
I am constantly amazed by how many DM's ban Tomb of Battle.  The book doesn't even exist!

By yes, she means no.
Why would you even do this? It hurts my eyes and looks like you ate your keyboard before suffering an attack of explosive diarrhea.
[/spoiler]

If using Genesis to hide your phylactry, set it at -300 degrees farenheit.  See how do-gooders fare with a liquid atmosphere.

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #74 on: October 21, 2010, 09:22:57 PM »

You are correct on it being cartilage, but I have to disagree with you on the idea that a skeletons would contain anything but the jaws.  I have dissected a shark before, so I know the anatomy.  The jaws are different in that, while cartilage, the entire thing is heavily covered in calsium salt crystals similar to bone in makeup (up to five layers think in Great Whites).  As such, when the skeleton is animated, this is the only part that would remain as it is not soft tissue (teeth are attached to the jaw).  A Shark Skeleton would indeed be a swimming pair of jaws and nothing else.
(plays the "Jaws" theme)
It always seems like the barrels around here have something in them.

Lycanthromancer

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #75 on: October 21, 2010, 09:28:18 PM »

(plays the "Jaws" theme)
My crusader (his name is Chuck Norris) would use that thing for dentures.

[spoiler]
+1 Lycanthromancer
[/spoiler]

Bauglir

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • TriOptimum
« Reply #76 on: October 21, 2010, 10:48:02 PM »

Ah, ok. I've only dissected dogfish, and the only thing we actually did with their jaws was cut through the articulation with the rest of the skull so we could look at their circulatory system properly. I didn't actually know the jaws had significant calcification. Spiffy. Guess we're using different definitions of skeleton (mine just being the skeletal system, yours being what would be likelier to be animated as a skeleton unless the magic for some reason preserved the cartilaginous bits, which judging from other skeletons it doesn't). My bad.

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #77 on: October 21, 2010, 10:51:57 PM »
*casts Disintegrate at the Skeletons.* *Casts Gust of Wind*

Can we PLEASE get back to saving destroying the world?
It always seems like the barrels around here have something in them.

Sunic_Flames

• Organ Grinder
  • The Crusader of Logic.
« Reply #78 on: October 22, 2010, 10:14:52 AM »

*headshot*
Smiting Imbeciles since 1985.

If you hear this music, run.

And don't forget:

There is no greater contribution than Hi Welcome.

Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.

IP proofing and avoiding being CAPed OR - how to make characters relevant in the long term.

Friends don't let friends be Short Bus Hobos.

[spoiler]
Sunic may be more abrasive than sandpaper coated in chainsaws (not that its a bad thing, he really does know what he's talking about), but just posting in this thread without warning and telling him he's an asshole which, if you knew his past experiences on WotC and Paizo is flat-out uncalled for. Never mind the insults (which are clearly 4Chan-level childish). You say people like Sunic are the bane of the internet? Try looking at your own post and telling me you are better than him.

Here's a fun fact: You aren't. By a few leagues.
[/spoiler]

snakeman830

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #79 on: October 22, 2010, 12:36:37 PM »
Yeah, because you couldn't guess that already, Sunic...

By yes, she means no.
[/spoiler]