Author Topic: How to destroy the world?  (Read 12752 times)

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
Re: How to destroy the world?
« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2010, 07:05:30 PM »
Become a necropolitan and cast haunt shift on the planet. It now has your hp. Kill yourself.

And there you go.
Uhh... I don't think the item you possess actually gains your hit points. Does it?
If it doesn't, even better. But even so, you can always PaO into something dinky (like a sandwich) and dismiss haunt shift. Then eat the sandwich.
It doesn't state anything other than you can be harmed and destroyed. So kinda up in the air on the HP. However I think turning a planet into a sandwich is even better than blowing it up. Though it could be argued that it isn't an unattended object, and the wording isn't clear if a location has to be unattended when haunting it.
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

BeholderSlayer

• Hong Kong
« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2010, 07:57:58 PM »
PAO the world twice into an oyster. Now, the world is your oyster. Literally.
Hi Welcome
[spoiler]
Allow me to welcome you both with my literal words and with an active display of how much you fit in by being tone deaf, dumb, and uncritical of your babbling myself.[/spoiler]

Mixster

• Grape ape
« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2010, 08:25:59 PM »
Well:
30Maximized fireballs apparently do it, so how about:
Being a choker (or turning into one with shapechange)

1 Twinned Repeating quickened greater arcane fusion containing one twinned repeating maximized fireball, and one twinned repeating arcane fusion containing one hail of stone and one twinned repeating maximized fireball. That's 10 fireballs.
1 Twinned Repeating greater arcane fusion containing one twinned repeating maximized fireball, and one twinned repeating arcane fusion containing one hail of stone and one twinned repeating maximized fireball. That's 10 fireballs.
1 Twinned Repeating greater arcane fusion containing one twinned repeating maximized fireball, and one twinned repeating arcane fusion containing one hail of stone and one twinned repeating maximized fireball. That's 10 fireballs.
30 maximized fireballs if I can count, if not, everything will repeat itself and cause more damage.

Now to hope the earth doesn't have immunity to fire.
Monks are pretty much the best designed class ever.

JaronK

Meep Meep - Mixster out

Solo

• Organ Grinder
  • Solo the Sorcelator, at your service
« Reply #43 on: October 13, 2010, 08:26:57 PM »
Molten core.

"I am the Black Mage! I cast the spells that makes the peoples fall down!"

The Legend RPG, which I worked on and encourage you to read.

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: October 13, 2010, 08:35:10 PM »
How about  Twinned, repeating, split rayed, maximized, empowered(just for fun), irresistable disintegrate uncapped by reserves of strength and using circle magic to get CL40.

edit: forgot sculpt spell to turn it into an AoE
« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 08:37:30 PM by archangel.arcanis »
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

awaken DM golem

• Organ Grinder
  • PAO'd my Avatar
« Reply #45 on: October 13, 2010, 09:07:38 PM »
PAO the world twice into an oyster. Now, the world is your oyster. Literally.

Ha  :lmao

HA-HA !!

Saxony

• Donkey Kong
  • My avatar is from the anime "Pani Poni Dash!".
« Reply #46 on: October 14, 2010, 01:58:48 AM »
Use Mountain Hammer (Tome of Battle, maneuver, stone dragon 2) a lot.

Get a few intelligent undead/contructs class levels and tell them to start tunneling.
If I say something about real world physics, and someone disagrees, assume I am right 90% of the time. This number goes up to 100% if I am late night posting - trust me, my star dust sibs.

Lycanthromancer

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: October 14, 2010, 07:58:42 PM »
How about  Twinned, repeating, split rayed, maximized, empowered(just for fun), irresistable disintegrate uncapped by reserves of strength and using circle magic to get CL40.

edit: forgot sculpt spell to turn it into an AoE
If Sculpt Spell wasn't in there, this would only destroy 8 10' cubes.
[spoiler]Masculine men like masculine things. Masculine men are masculine. Therefore, liking masculine men is masculine.

I dare anyone to find a hole in that logic.
[spoiler]
+1 Lycanthromancer
Which book is Lycanthromancer in?
Lyca ... is in the book. Yes he is.
 :D
shit.. concerning psionics optimization, lycan IS the book
[/spoiler]

RealMarkP

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
« Reply #48 on: October 15, 2010, 02:15:36 AM »
How much damage would shoving a portable hole into a portable hole do? I vaguely remember a former DM of mine describing the resulting cataclysmic explosion. He might have been over exaggerating though.

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #49 on: October 15, 2010, 02:43:35 AM »
How much damage would shoving a portable hole into a portable hole do? I vaguely remember a former DM of mine describing the resulting cataclysmic explosion. He might have been over exaggerating though.
Portable hole into portable hole?  By strict RAW, none at all.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

X-Codes

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #50 on: October 17, 2010, 05:41:22 AM »
You will, however, be inside someone's A-Hole.

Lycanthromancer

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: October 18, 2010, 04:11:05 PM »
It's the best place to be!
[spoiler]Masculine men like masculine things. Masculine men are masculine. Therefore, liking masculine men is masculine.

I dare anyone to find a hole in that logic.
[spoiler]
+1 Lycanthromancer
Which book is Lycanthromancer in?
Lyca ... is in the book. Yes he is.
 :D
shit.. concerning psionics optimization, lycan IS the book
[/spoiler]

Monotremeancer

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: October 18, 2010, 04:39:32 PM »
Put two gargantuan portable holes inside a fireproof bag, teleport to the core of the planet, have an animated object put them into each other. The Astral Plane suddenly have potential to create the most awesome sauna party ever. Not only is it because it is hot as hell, they can also watch a planet implode at the same time.
Who cares for realism when you can be awesome?

Bauglir

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • TriOptimum
« Reply #53 on: October 18, 2010, 06:43:36 PM »
This is kinda off-topic, but have I mentioned that every time I see this thread I immediately think of Zorc and Pals?
So you end up stuck in an endless loop, unable to act, forever.

In retrospect, much like Keanu Reeves.

Tenebrous Apostate

• Email
« Reply #54 on: October 18, 2010, 08:32:10 PM »
It's the best place to be!

+1
I would suggest 60 minions (more or less) casting Apocalipse from the sky from a scroll. If this does not kill the world atropos will surely do it since its's going to be drawn to the atrocity
Dead mortals feel no Dread

jojolagger

• Hong Kong
« Reply #55 on: October 19, 2010, 01:53:49 AM »
But technically you would also be in their B-Hole.
Countdown to Zombie Apocalypse 97
When you see this, copy it into your sig and -1
:lovefirefox
Quotes [spoiler]
In other words, he thinks there's a "correct" way to play D&D.  *sigh*
There is: Kill shit and loot the corpse!
When you use a tool the way it was designed for -- its intended function -- then it will work very well for you.

But it's not the tool's fault if you use it for something else and you fail utterly, such as trying to eat cereal with a butterknife, pounding nails with a screwdriver, blogging to voice your political opinions, and brushing your teeth with a hammer.
[/spoiler]

nijineko

• King Kong
  • two strange quarks short of a graviton...
« Reply #56 on: October 19, 2010, 03:16:56 AM »
on the subject of destroying the world, i suggest this post that has some good ideas:

http://dicefreaks.superforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2949&p=75735#p75735

a few i suggested: dropping or guiding a sphere of annihilation into the center of the planet. it would eventually drain out all the magma - liquid portions, resulting in planetquakes and other fun weirdness.

we also calculated that a planet has roughly 275.4 sextillion hp. assuming stone as the major component. that will need to be adjusted slightly to account for the iron core that is supposed to exist in a planet.
arukibito ga michi wo erabu no ka, michi ga arukibito wo erabu no deshou ka?
Never game alone again!
KadoKado! Game for gifts!
The Ultimate Dice Rolling Engine

BrokeAndDrive

• Why are there no ghosts of dinosaurs?
« Reply #57 on: October 19, 2010, 04:28:02 AM »
Elect the Democrats to office.
FTFY
Random quotes:[spoiler]I think Roy's coinages are shitty and dumb, but Failroy has to take the cake for the dumbest new compound word of the year
~

That was kind of the point. I was trying to be a Roy parody, but I guess it didn't come across overly well.

==

JaronK is of course most famous for his massive thought experiments into placing classes into tiers. While a kind of nifty idea, and a decent enough way to think about stuff, his particular tier assignments were basically insane. Apparently the criteria he used was to assign classes relative strength based on what bullshit he personally would let them get away with at 20th level.

So Factotums were rated very highly, because apparently he would let them use Rokugan-exclusive skills with Forgotten Realms-exclusive weapons from the back of MM2 templated warbeasts. But Rogues suck donkey dick, becuase he wouldn't let them use Use Magic Device to read scrolls of Planar Binding. It was a very surreal argument.
~

And to think the system was immortalized in OOTS. As a general rule, I try to avoid all tier discussion there because it's the De Facto system at BG, and I'm not going to change anyone's mind.

Besides, I think if most people are pressed, they will admit that it's just an estimate, anyway, and that results can vary from table to table.
~

My only real complaint with the tier system is that at one point I was tired (tiered?) of hearing about it.[/spoiler]

distributed

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #58 on: October 19, 2010, 05:55:25 AM »
1. The world is a colosal object
2. fiend of possesion, possess world
3 animate  .. .

(4) now you don't want to destroy it but... only 150 hp or so so... hit yourself until done.

5 ?
6. profit?

jameswilliamogle

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: October 19, 2010, 04:34:17 PM »
I'd try to use the ultra-fast Swordsage build which causes fire damage on the inside of the area in which it moves. I just feel like its classy.  Like one tit out, but not flashing both.