Author Topic: Low to lowish level Warblade build.  (Read 2619 times)

Hallack

• Hong Kong
Low to lowish level Warblade build.
« on: July 03, 2008, 04:42:14 PM »
Just started a new campaign a few weeks back.  Got a brand new DM which has allowed us to do some changes to characters that are nice.  Well, should be a nice learning experience for her hehe.

Anyways...  I've got a Medium sized Whisper Gnome (yes, medium due to well, not important) Warblade.

Stats are S: 19 D: 16 Con: 20 I:15 W:10 Ch: 10 (yes, very nice stats but nothing  compared to the large sized human she allowed hehe)

Right now at 3rd level using sword (Elven thinblade) and board.

Progression so far has been Wb2, Fighter1.

Probably will go WB2/Fighter2/WB1

Not sure if DM is doing multiclass xp penalties so not sure where will go from there.

Feats so far:
1) EWP (elven thinblade)
3) Power Attack
Fighter 1) Reckless Attack (AEG book of broken feats allows -AC to +Damage.  In place of Shocktrooper).

I'm not sure about those last too feats.  I know they are great, especially in combo (moreso with Wall of blades maneuver eventually)

Also considering going AoO route with combat reflexes since he just picked up MW spiked chain from some drow they fought (playing the slaugherguard module). 

Manuevers right now are:
Blood in the water(stance)
Steel Wind
Steely strike
Moment of clarity

I plan on getting Emerald blade (for PA/RA combo with touch attack) and Iron heart surge as soon as available.

I'm not sure how long this game will go but likely at least to 7th or so level.  Just looking for some feedback and ideas on choices and direction.

Placeholder - T'tosc

Akalsaris

• Hong Kong
    • Email
Re: Low to lowish level Warblade build.
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2008, 12:28:25 PM »
Well, you've already taken 1 level of a non-initiator level, you might as well take another, and fighter is the simplest option.  You've got a high int and str/BAB, so tripping and its younger bro disarming are viable options to use if the GM allows them for the attack to refresh your maneuvers. 

Sword and board is kind of crummy, especially for a high-str power attacker...I'd ask the GM if you could switch the EWP: Thinblade for EWP: Spiked Chain, or allow the warblade weapon aptitude ability to do so. 

Hallack

• Hong Kong
Re: Low to lowish level Warblade build.
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2008, 10:59:24 AM »
Thanks,

Yeah, the non-initiator levels will be to get the 3rd level stance instead of another 1st.

I think I will be going Two handed fighting as well.  Don't need the 2 AC if I smash the foe before he can attack back much.  Currently have the Elven Thinblade but when becomes available will probably switch to Elven Courtblade.  I also have spiked chain I may switch to for a bit.

So figure the strike tactic I will test this week is combining Power attack and Reckless Attack(from AEG book).
With BAB of three that will net me 6 more damage from the Power Attack and 3 more from Reckless.

Damage should be quite nice. 
Str damage+Power Attack+Reckless Attack

Using Steely Strike with it's +4 to hit will allow me to continue striking reliably enough as well. +8 to hit between Steely strike and strength bonus, not bad at all for 3rd level I think.
6+6+3=15

Placeholder - T'tosc