Author Topic: Shackled City  (Read 1708 times)

DetectiveJabsco

• Bi-Curious George
  • Here's To Life
    • Email
Shackled City
« on: October 10, 2010, 03:30:19 AM »
A group of my friends wanted me to join a game they are starting. Playing through Shackled City.

The group so far is as follows (none of them can min/max or try to)
1/2 orc Barb - Plays chaotic stupid
Warblad 20 - Tank First time to DnD
Lesser Tiefling Warlock - First time to DnD
Me - undecided

I come to you asking for suggestions on what to play, not builds we can flush that out later. I was thinking a Warweaver build like my one in the Handbook (Elf Wizard (Elven Generalist and Fight Feats) 3/War Weaver 5/Spellguard of Silverymoon 4/Incantatrix 3/Legacy Champion 5) but i am not sure.

I will also be keeping a CO Diary of the game if it takes off so maybe if you want we could do an interactive character build and you could help determine my whole life in the game.

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
Re: Shackled City
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2010, 03:57:44 AM »
What level are you starting at?  First?
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

DetectiveJabsco

• Bi-Curious George
  • Here's To Life
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2010, 04:28:49 AM »
yeah

Edit: Also, the legacy item in question would be un-slotted and I have been given free reign on making it.
All sources are allowed, the DM who is a veteran OP'er just said anything I use he will use.
And I am not tied down to the War Weaver Build yet, It was just the first thing I thought of when seeing the party.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 05:11:54 AM by DetectiveJabsco »

telehax

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2010, 06:33:23 AM »
if you're using magic of the land to make every spell Weave-able, make it a permanant item of Acorn of Far travel.

Nunkuruji

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2010, 12:41:30 PM »
If this is a table game, I'd say make sure the WW buffs you are slinging at the party are easy and straightforward. Otherwise you'll probably end up wasting a lot of time on 'forgot about this calculation'. Hand them a notecard with the effects or some such to simplify things.

juton

• King Kong
  • Jack of all trades, master of nothing.
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2010, 03:11:21 PM »
I've played through shackled city a few times, there are a LOT of traps. You need someone able to deal with them, and you need to be able to start doing that at level 1 or else run the very real risk of a TPK. Also, you'll really want, possibly need a caster, if there was some class that synergized rogue/scout with cleric or druid I'd recommend that. Since there isn't the first choice I'd recommend for this is, Gnome Beguiler going Shadowcraft Mage, has really good skills, but lacks the Wizard's power. Spell Thief, Wizard going Unseen Seer, finishing in Arcane Trickster gives a good amount of sneak attack, you lose only one level of casting and a nice amount of class benefits, including a good amount of skills from level 6 onward. Lastly a Beguiler Wizard going Ultimate Magus for if you want to be GOD, although GOD doesn't usually do stupid things like scout for traps someone needs to, and at latter levels you get to fling around all sorts of metamagic for free.

DetectiveJabsco

• Bi-Curious George
  • Here's To Life
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2010, 01:55:31 AM »
Well I think I have this planned out, I will be make a CO Diary of it, so you will all get to hear the adventure as it plays out. We have not started yet so if any one else has input I would love to hear from you.

Also, I wish Carnivore would ave said something but maybe he is not active any more.