Author Topic: WotC are deleting their 3.5e web articles  (Read 49244 times)

Waazraath

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
Re: WotC are deleting their 3.5e web articles
« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2010, 04:39:38 PM »
Is there a way to get access to the binder pdf without giving the program access to my facebook? It looks great, I'm a bit reluctant with these things...

Ed-Zero

« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2010, 04:53:43 PM »
Is there a way to get access to the binder pdf without giving the program access to my facebook? It looks great, I'm a bit reluctant with these things...
Why yes, yes there is.

I just threw the online stuff into the pdf, slapped it together and bookmarked it all. Here it is for everyone!

http://www.multiupload.com/9L37UC5LH8

Havok4

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • It can only be attributable to human error.
« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2010, 05:48:34 PM »
Thank you.

cru

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2010, 05:54:18 PM »
Is any content really gone? I have spend considerable part of my working time today saving stuff from Wizards and I haven't found any broken link.
Yes it is. Some newer stuff seems missing while older stuff seems ok...
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 06:04:32 PM by cru »

BeholderSlayer

• Hong Kong
« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2010, 05:55:04 PM »
Is any content really gone? I have spend considerable part of my working time today saving stuff from Wizards and I haven't found any broken link.

I found a few last night. I don't remember which, though.
Hi Welcome
[spoiler]
Allow me to welcome you both with my literal words and with an active display of how much you fit in by being tone deaf, dumb, and uncritical of your babbling myself.[/spoiler]

Redeemer of Ogar

• My wife's art page:
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: October 06, 2010, 06:28:49 PM »
i know we may not be buying current product but to me its a poor buisness decsion that alienates customers.
By their definition, and it is not a truly unreasonable definition, you are not a customer. You are merely a fan, and an unruly one at that.

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #46 on: October 06, 2010, 06:54:13 PM »
Wow, I'm up to half a gig already.

A lot of it is 4e stuff, probably.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

raith0

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #47 on: October 06, 2010, 07:06:46 PM »
i know we may not be buying current product but to me its a poor buisness decsion that alienates customers.
By their definition, and it is not a truly unreasonable definition, you are not a customer. You are merely a fan, and an unruly one at that.

how am i an unruly fan.  i played the current product for a year or so and decided it wasnt for me.  and i currently am not in a possistion to spend 30 every month or 2 on books because i have a small child.  but i have never flamed (on purpose atleast) against a product or the direction the game went.  i have stated well thought out critism about the product/direction. 
but i still stand by the fact that they are alienating fans/customers for a few extra bytes of storage on a web server.  I even understand how they may feel its a needed move to try and keep costs down.  but if they are in that sort of finaniacle crisis maybe they should have paid more attention to the critigues about how the direction a feel of there product was heading from the current customers they had 2 years ago. and for such a small niche market that they are trying to produce for they probably do need as many customers as they can get and not alienate them for a few pennies now.

jameswilliamogle

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: October 06, 2010, 07:32:47 PM »
and i currently am not in a possistion to spend 30 every month or 2 on books because i have a small child.
Priorities, man, priorities...   :D

jameswilliamogle

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: October 06, 2010, 07:33:23 PM »
Is anyone really surprised by this douchebaggery, though?

ninjarabbit

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: October 06, 2010, 07:40:39 PM »
Wizards will meet the same fate as TSR at this rate.

At this point I really don't know who they're catering to. The 3rd Edition crowd (like me) moved on a long time ago (or was chased away more accurately) and the 4th edition crowd is pissed off at the moment.

Endarire

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: October 06, 2010, 07:51:23 PM »
At least their Spell Archive is all on one page.
Hood - My first answer to all your build questions; past, present, and future.

Speaking of which:
Don't even need TO for this.  Any decent Hood build, especially one with Celerity, one-rounds [Azathoth, the most powerful greater deity from d20 Cthulu].
Does it bug anyone else that we've reached the point where characters who can obliterate a greater deity in one round are considered "decent?"

lans

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: October 06, 2010, 08:15:11 PM »
wild cohort would be good
Skill prodigy from Kingdoms of Kalamar

raith0

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #53 on: October 06, 2010, 09:14:57 PM »

At this point I really don't know who they're catering to. The 3rd Edition crowd (like me) moved on a long time ago (or was chased away more accurately) and the 4th edition crowd is pissed off at the moment.

so whats got the 4th ed crowd all riled up?  the few freinds i have that play it are loving dark sun.  just call me the dead cat in the corner on this one

ninjarabbit

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: October 06, 2010, 09:18:37 PM »

so whats got the 4th ed crowd all riled up?  the few freinds i have that play it are loving dark sun.  just call me the dead cat in the corner on this one

DnD Essentials

raith0

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #55 on: October 06, 2010, 09:19:42 PM »

DnD Essentials

ahh all the web stuff they have been paying for without recieving got it just found out most of that has been put on hold and or scrapped

Talore

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • Viking Skald
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: October 06, 2010, 09:20:40 PM »

so whats got the 4th ed crowd all riled up?  the few freinds i have that play it are loving dark sun.  just call me the dead cat in the corner on this one
I positvely know what Wizards isn't going to collapse like TSR, because of this

EDIT: Just downloaded all the free adventures off of the archives... but I don't know how to put it up for download.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 10:45:38 PM by Talore »
Backseat moderator (voice) -_-

raith0

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #57 on: October 06, 2010, 11:30:42 PM »
while 5 color crack may be a cash cow still, they still need to have a reason to keep paying people to work on DnD.  so if they keep alienating customers they will eventually sell off the copyrights to some one else or just let it die. 

and i know they keep getting younger and younger with the magic crowd but they do have larger than normal drop offs in my area every year.  that may just be my local gaming area and not a trend in others

bhu

• Organ Grinder
  • Convincing the rich whale fat enemas are healthy
« Reply #58 on: October 06, 2010, 11:58:36 PM »
wild cohort would be good

I have it somewhere I just have to figure out where I put it.

CyMage

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #59 on: October 07, 2010, 12:14:37 AM »